We'll always be by your side...

By DaceRed

This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura... More

Moving forward
Bio
Notes
Harem
Initiation of Beacon
A common student
Getting used to Beacon
Training
Hydra Bunker
A secret to keep
End of the line?
Vendetta
The Winter Soldier
Unfrozen
The reunion
Data
At Beacon again
Testing the strength
The not so date
The day that never happened
Disguised
The talk
A Deal
Almost Subtle
By your side
Aftermath
Saved
New Assignment
A Situation
Discussion
Towards the winter
A little upgrade
Doing a favor
The better date
Coincidences
Shipment
The cargo
Return
Mines
Ambush
Active

Return to home

3.6K 75 0
By DaceRed

Summer's POV

Olivia: Ah, you made it back. The Bullhead is ready for you (Y/N). Oh, and take this.

(Y/N): My bag?

He opens it. It was his belongings.

(Y/N): You even kept my wallet safe.

Olivia: That's right, you were never legally declared dead. So all your belonging were kept like we do with "missing" cases.

(Y/N): I understand.

Olivia: I also have a gift for you.

Olivia handed him a brand-new scroll.

(Y/N): Oh, one of these modern thingies. For me? I mean these must be very expensive.

Olivia: Of course. It's all yours.

(Y/N): Thank you, Olivia. I wish I could be able to do something in return.

Olivia: (Y/N) it's ok. I'm happy to help you. Now go and have some time to relax.

(Y/N): Alright then, I'll see you again in a while.

He is boarding the Bullhead. I wish I could stay more time with Buck, maybe if...

Summer: Uhm, Bucky? *It's now or never*

(Y/N): Tell me.

Summer: May I accompany you? I mean, if you don't mind.

(Y/N): Yeah, sounds good to have some company.

Raven/Quill: I wanna go too!

(Y/N): I didn't know you all wanted to spend time with me so badly. Of course, you can come.

Olivia: Aw, how touching. Just leave this woman with all the work.

(Y/N): Ah, Olivia...

She chuckles a little.

Olivia: It's ok. I'm just messing with you. But don't forget to call me.

Buck and my team got in the Bullhead while Olivia waved at us. Then the Bullhead took off.

In the Bullhead

I was smiling. I'm glad I took the chance. Now we can spend more time with Buck.

Summer: So (Y/N), you met Yang and Ruby.

(Y/N): Yeah, she looks a lot like you. Same with Yang and Raven. Now that I think of it, you make me doubt it has been 22 years. You all look like it was yesterday. Oum, I mean my yesterday.

I blushed at the compliment.

(Y/N): You all got yourself a great family.

Raven: Not so great.

(Y/N): Eh?

Summer: Raven, no.

Raven: I know you think the same way.

Quill: Ooh, she got you.

(Y/N): What's happening? I understand nothing.

Raven: Our ex-husband Tai.

(Y/N): So Summer married Tai too?

Raven: How did you know I married him?

(Y/N): Well, your daughter's last name.

Raven: Oh yeah, you figured it out pretty well. But yes, the problem is Tai.

Summer: Yeah, I divorced him not so long ago.

(Y/N): I-oh, I'm sorry. Oum shouldn't have asked anything.

Summer: It's ok, it was for the better.

(Y/N): It must have been hard times for you.

Summer: Ah-ah, the one who is having it difficult is you (Y/N). Oum, you are so selfless.

At Brooklyn

The Bullhead landed, waited for us to get off it, and took off.

(Y/N): It has changed a lot. But I can still recognize my way home.

We followed Buck and stayed pretty close to him. While walking, we passed by a park. Bucky looked so interested in that way.

(Y/N): Let's go to the park for a moment. I want to check something.

This place is so pretty and clean. I feel like I can spend hours here just relaxing.

Quill: Hey, Bucky, Who's the man with the shield in that statue?

Buck was smiling before answering.

(Y/N): A hero..., my pal Steve Rogers.

"Here lies Steve Rogers, a kid from Brooklyn who gave his life for the safety of everyone."

Buck paid respect, so we stood quiet. After a minute, he stood up.

(Y/N): Come on, let's go... And thank you...

We nodded at him. As we continued walking, I noticed that Buck looked more relaxed now. I bet he wanted to visit his friend Steve Rogers as soon as possible.

(Y/N): And here we are, my home. The exterior looks too good to think it was uninhabited for 22 years.

Buck approached and knocked on the door. No responses, he tried again, but no one answered.

(Y/N): Guess this house is still mine.

He took out a key from his bag and opened the door.

Quill: Well, the dust everywhere confirms that no one has been here in a long time.

(Y/N): Oh man, I guess I gotta clean all.

Summer: There's no need for that. I'll take care of this. The only thing you need to do is to open all the windows.

(Y/N): Understood.

Quill: I'll help you.

Raven came closer and summoned a wind current. I extracted all the dust and made it join the wind current. Once finished, we did the same on the second floor.

Summer: All done.

(Y/N): Man, even the curtains are clean

He said while closing the windows.

(Y/N): You must be tired from the trip. Why don't you rest a bit in the living room? I'll be there in no time.

Third-person view

Once SRQ left the room, (Y/N) changed clothes. Before he put on his shirt, he looked in the mirror. He inspected his metal region. Then (Y/N) noticed Steve's shield at the back of the room. He picked it up.

(Y/N): *I wish I could carry on your legacy, but now... it's not possible. I guess there's no way back.*

After placing down the shield, (Y/N) finished dressing up. He felt comfier with the casual clothes.

Summer: Buck?

(Y/N) flinched a little.

(Y/N): You scared me, Summer. Is there something I can help you with?

Summer: Actually, I wanted to give you this.

She took out (Y/N)'s handgun.

Summer: I always kept this with me, and I took care of it if it was my weapon. Did...I do a good job?

(Y/N) approached Summer. Instead of taking the weapon, he hugged her. Summer was surprised, but she hugged back.

(Y/N): I am very grateful. You did an excellent job. You kept it all this year, even if you knew I might have been dead. You missed me a lot, didn't you?

Summer just nodded in silence.

(Y/N): It must have been tough for you to move forward.

After the hug, he looked at Summer.

Summer: It's ok now that I know you are alive and safe.

Summer and (Y/N) smiled.

(Y/N): Come on, let's not keep the others waiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

618 11 11
[A RWBY FanFiction, I do not own RWBY as it is the sole property of RosterTeeth and created by Monty Oum (RIP he was a great mind among us all). I ow...
9.8K 393 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
9K 145 25
A boy named (y/n) has many powers of magical origin, one of these powers is immortality. (y/n) lived centuries in a village far from everything bein...
61K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...