The Midnight Cop

By deyoungprof

ONGOING STORY CLICK AND READ ONE OF THE BEST ACTION STORIES ON WATTPAD A police detective Archer, instead of... More

Prologue : The National Police Department
Chapter 1 : A Cop Behind Bars
Chapter 2: Promoted To Jail
Chapter 3: The Cunning Doctor
Chapter 4: Sentence To Jail
Chapter 5: A Cop In Torment
Chapter 6 : Once Bitten Twice Shy
Chapter 7: The Return Of A Wounded Tiger
Chapter 8: Detective Kiara
Chapter 10: Who is Stephen Archer?
Chapter 11: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 12: Paternity 1
Chapter 13: Mentally and Physically Hospitalized
Chapter 14: Skeletons In The Black Box
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Chapter 15: Truth Revealed
Chapter 16: D'Abductions

Chapter 9 : Mendy's Forfeiture

14 8 1
By deyoungprof

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I've heard about your prowess when it comes to taking photographs" Detective Kiara sitting opposite Michael Jimson and Bill Findley in the investigation suite, "but I'll like you to remember that your talent can rot in jail with you". She took a glass of water to calm the pressure of her first investigation.

"Madam, you should release me, it's clear that I have no involvement in this mayhem" Mr. Findley the CEO of Findley Fashion Company laments.

"Mr. Findley, I can determine your justification if you can make your worker confess" Kiara replied the old man.

"Madam, Michael is a hard type, even when he gets jobs from the company, he'll keep the money to himself and he'll never own up to the fact that he's wrong" Mr. Findley explained.

"Then I bet he knows that this is a do or die affair not the company's job, he must tell us all he knows about the matter. Carrie, prepare the iron rod" Kiara left the suite, she meets her father as she stepped out of the suite.

"Daught, you're doing a really great and magnificent work. Seeing you interrogate this way makes me remember my young self, I was so strict and disciplined" Collins explained patting Kiara before going back to his office.

"Thanks dad, I'll always make you proud" she said in her mind.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Walking haggardly, as if drunk or highly intoxicated, Mr. Mendy staggers into the NPD, he looks rough, his eyes were swollen and it either means he's been crying or he's not been sleeping, but it is certain that it cannot be the former, what could make Mr. Mendy cry and present himself this way.

"Hahahahaha, where's Collins" Mr. Mendy burst into the NPD, he could be easily compared to insane, but no cop could dare apprehend his senior, "I asked where Collins is, where is he" he screamed at the top of his voice and this made Detective Joe approach him.

"Boss" he gave his salute and after his abortive wait for response he allowed himself at ease, "what are you here to do sir?" Detective Joe asked.

"Where is Collins?" Mr. Mendy screaming at the top of his voice attracted all possible attention in the police station.

"He's not available sir, but you can lay your complaint to me, I'm the Assistant Boss Detective" Detective Joe explained.

"And what do you know, how can you help, when did you get to this police department?" Mr. Mendy asked.

"If you're not telling me what you need sir, I'll have to walk out on you sir" Detective Joe said.

"Ok, ok, relax Joe, only Collins has deep understanding of the matter on ground, who is handling the Piston Square Murder case?" Mr. Mendy asked.

"Detective Kiara, she's on break, she'll resume investigation soon" Detective Joe explained.

"Where can I stay while waiting for Collins?" Mr. Mendy asked calming his nerves.

"Hey, Boss, how've you been?" Collins smiled meeting his Senior cheerfully, "you don't look happy, do you have a rift with someone?" Collins asked.

"This is more than a rift, this is chaos happening to me" Mr. Mendy laments. "Let's talk in your office".

"Be calm boss, we'll settle whatever this matter is" Collins said inviting Mr. Mendy to his office.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"So what is next?" Samuel asked as Samuel and Archer discussed over lunch.

"I have to be vindicated first, if I start to abduct them, most of them will go to hide out of reach, and if I'm not vindicated, I'll have problem with the police while searching for them" Archer explained.

"So, you mean they'll leave town?" Samuel asked.

"Yea, I'm sure they will" Archer replied.

"But you're not supposed to be wanted since the amnesty has taken place" Samuel said.

"Well, I've used a prohibited bike and they saw me carry Sheldon, I hit some of them and fled, they came looking for me, you release dogs and you say I'm not wanted?, What else will the cops want if I'm not wanted?" Archer joked and almost immediately his expression changed.

"Stephen, hope you're all right?" Samuel asked, "why the change of mood all of a sudden?".

Archer took Samuels hands and tries to drag him along, leaving the dining table unkept.

"Steph, what's all these?" Samuel asked struggling with Archer, Archer hit a point behind his neck and Samuel collapsed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Hello, we know that a criminal is in this house and we know that you, the owner of the house is an accomplice, we want you to know that Policemen have surrounded this building and you have no chance to escape than to surrender" Officer Jason shouted through the sound enhancer he was holding.

"Fuck!!!" Archer exclaimed because, truly the Cops are around the building, every nook and cranny, they all have guns this time and Pit bulls to crown it all, it was sure that Samuel's dogs couldn't have stayed alive against 15 Pit bulls and 15 armed officers.

Archer could see their movement from the CCTV as they kick the door open and send the dogs in, their saliva dripping constantly like a leaking tap, their sharp teeth could tear whatever they wish to,as they are as sharp as a knife. Meanwhile Archer was underground with Samuel, even the greatest Architect will not be able to tell where the passage to this basement could be.

"Officer Mike, open the door" referring to the room where Samuel's dogs stay, "send our dogs in and close the door" Officer Jason commanded.

"Yes Sir", Officer Mike responded following the order immediately, he was scared the same way Officer Jason was the last time they were at Samuel's place, their Boss got injured that day and that caused Officer Jason to take over in his absence.

Opening the door and putting 15 dogs in against two of Samuel's dogs seemed like murder to Archer, if only that they didn't have guns, Archer could have saved the dogs, he remembered Samuel telling him that the dogs were his only companion, if Samuel was conscious he would save these dogs by all means, but Archer could not help it.

Archer switched to the CCTV camera of the room, he could see the dogs groaning in pain, their mouths were tied and they couldn't bite back, even if they were to bite, they could not stand 15 Pit bulls at a time. Archer was moved to tears, the dogs were helpless, the struggle of the dogs made them release their mouth from the tie, and as they were being bitten, they barked continuously, their bodies were smeared in their own blood. After some moments of resisting, the dogs could not resist the terror anymore they lie sideways horizontally opposite each other, in their own pool of blood, they were groaning silently and their barking fading away with time, the Pit bulls did not stop, they were feasting on their meat.

"Joyce, Jaguar" A loud scream emerged behind Archer and he turned to see Samuel already crying and on his way out.

"Sam, it's dangerous out there, it's dangerous, they have guns" Archer followed him, trying to stop him.

"You can say that again because you know nothing about their values" Samuel shouted going out of the basement's control room and hitting the door on Archer's face, Archer fell to the floor holding his face and he could hear Samuel's running footstep. Archer quickly locked the door, he had to look away this time, he went back to the CCTV, he could see Samuel leaving the basement and closing the entrance properly, he knew Samuel does not want him to get caught, but he could not control his emotions while seeing his dogs being killed. After coming out of the room that leads to the basement, Samuel walks a little bit forward and clashed with the cops.

"Oh my God!!!" he exclaimed with his mouth wide open in awe, he could now reason with Archer on why he could only watch, he counted to get fifteen policemen, each with a Pit bull.

"Officer Smith apprehend him" Officer Jason commanded.

Well thanks to his luck, he was not killed and the dogs were controlled, they took Samuel with them, putting the dogs in a caged truck, while the officers and Samuel were in a different bus, Archer buried his head in his hands as he looked in the Monitor, seeing Samuel being taken away by the cops. "It will be cruel if I leave him to it, after all, he's helped me greatly too, I should be able to repay him this once" Archer thought.

Archer got himself dressed in his Agent attire, placing his guns and knives where they should be. He was fully ready for war, he went to the basement's garage and took the Kawasaki Ninja H2R zooming off to a truck terminal.

Archer stopped his bike at the terminal, he looked for a very long truck discreetly at the terminal, when he got a perfect one, an articulated lorry (tractor-trailer), he quickly put his bike in the empty lorry and left with the it. "I should be able to save Samuel before they get to the Police Station" Archer thought since the Sitorrenean area was far away from the city.

Entering the city with their slow bus, the policemen meet an obstacle, an articulated lorry blocking their way into the city, the lorry was 160 metres away from the bus Samuel was in, it was the dogs' bus that was closer and was 130 metres away, though the police station was 20 minutes away. "Officer Smith, go and check what the problem is" Officer Jason commanded.

Officer Smith got down from the bus and moving close to the truck a loud explosion threw him away against the Police bus, some of the cops alighted the bus to see for themselves what was happening. The bus where the dogs are in had exploded.

"Officer Bright, check the status of the bus and the dogs especially Officer Mike" Officer Jason said.

"Yes sir" Officer Bright moved slowly towards the burnt vehicle, it was visible for a police to see that the grenades that exploded were more than 5, Officer Bright was almost close to the bus when the noise of a bike stole his attention, the next thing he knew was a bullet piercing his heart, he fell slowly seeing a hooded black dressed criminal driving by his almost dying body.

"Officers apprehend the perpetrator, three officers down" Officer Jason announced.

"Well, thanks for the announcement, I have just 12 officers to deal with" Archer shouted in return, Seven (7) officers are after Archer already, and five (5) with Samuel in the bus including Officer Jason. Archer took the officers behind the articulated lorry and then he drives into the lorry with his bike, this bike looks different from the Kawasaki Ninja H2R, he probably had changed the bike, he quickly left the bike behind and left the lorry through the exit at the roof of the lorry. He could see the officers trooping into the empty lorry, the next second Archer presses a button that explodes the articulated lorry, Archer knew that the bomb could affect the bus Samuel was in hence he had parked the bus 160 metres away and used a suicide bomb that has 20 LBS and has attached it to the bike he left in the lorry, he was satisfied with the explosion then he went back to get his Kawasaki Ninja H2R.

He then drove to the bus, he knew he needed something to drive the cops out, he dropped his bike somewhere close and climbed the bus roof, he started to shoot, he took the risk, knowing he could shoot Samuel, but after five shots on different spots, he received replies to his calls, the cops were shooting back at the roof. Minutes later, a scream from Archer was heard.

"Damn, why is Stephen doing all these, he should just leave me to my fate" Samuel laments in thought, hearing Archer's scream, he knew he had sustained a gun shot, the officers took advantage, they rushed out to capture the injured Archer, but Officer Jason stayed with Samuel.

"I knew the cops will fall for the prank" Archer thought and laughed as he saw the cops emerging, he started shooting from the roof, Archer was an acute shooter and four bullets were enough for him to do the deal, within the twinkle of an eye, he had killed all the cops, he looked from the roof and it remains Officer Jason.

Samuel was shivering already, the gunshots were sending shivers into his body system, the pressure from the gun Officer Jason is pointing at his head is even making matters worse. In any minute, reinforcements from the station will come and Jason will want to use Samuel as a bait to get Archer, he was still thinking about saying his last prayers when he heard another gunshot, his heart almost escaped out of him, it was the greatest shock of his life. Archer has shot Jason from above, and worst still it was right in between the crown of his head. Samuel looked at Archer from a hole, he winked at him and in the next seconds, Samuel ran out. It's time to go home, Archer brought his bike, and they were on a speeding spree back home. "Thank you" Samuel murmured on their way back to the Sitorrenean.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Mr Mendy, you're a senior, a God at that in our field, you should not be the one met at the disruption of peace and order at a police station" Collins spoke to the old man with calmness knowing that the man is his senior.

"Collins, Collins, we all know the ins and outs, does and don'ts of this field, we always had the cause to help each other, I also helped you get where you are right now" Mr. Mendy said in his calmest way. He felt uneasy, hurting from inside, he felt like exploding.

"Please state your problem sir" Collins mouthed.

"I lost my daughter" Mr. Mendy let the cat out of the bag, he was dropping tears already as he could not withhold the pain and agony. He felt like the world could crash, a man probably in his late 50s or early 60s, he looked like someone who has lost all he has, he looked like he had lost hope of having anything.

"Sir" Collins replied. Adjusting his sitting posture, he loosened his tie a bit and puts his elbows on the table looking right into the eyeballs of Mr. Mendy. "I'm sorry to say but you were always childless" he coughed twice "sir".

"Yes I say i am childless, but I hid Elizabeth for her safety" Mr. Mendy replied.

"Wow, so who is this Elizabeth and when, how and where was she killed?" Mr. Collins asked putting on the office recorder.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I tried to avoid this severally" Mendy shouted on a phone conversation.

"You know who you're talking to right?, Mendy" Mr. Luther replied speaking on a high pitch, "what really happened?" He asked calming himself.

"I lost my daughter" Mr. Mendy said.

Silence took over for a minute before Mr. Luther could finally digest the words, "your daughter?, You have no child, Damien's pregnancy did not succeed, so how come you have a child?".

"She was murdered at Piston Square, while having a photoshoot with Findley Fashion Company, I have not confirmed but I know this is Archer's first card" Mr. Mendy explained.

"You should be sure at first, then when you're sure how do we retaliate?" Mr. Luther asked.

"My daughter died sir, you should at least believe me and make me the Assistant Commissioner of this country!!!" Mendy screamed.

"Ha!!!, Haa!!!, Stop shouting at me" Mr. Luther screamed in return.

"You caused her death sir!!!!" Mr. Mendy replied with his voice at it's apogee and sweat dropping more constantly.

"You're sick Mendy, you probably should give a shout at Archer then" Mr. Luther said hitting the termination button. "Nincompoop, he's shouting as if I caused his predicament. I pray he does not call anymore".

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At the NPD's Interrogation Suite.

"Mr. Michael Jimson, is it true that you we're having a photoshoot session with Elise Marx minutes before she was found dead?" Mr. Mendy asked sitting right in front of Michael Jimson and Bill Findley, the CEO of Findley Fashion Company with Kiara standing next to him.

"Sir, it is true that I had a photoshoot session with her" Mr. Michael replied.

"Was it at Piston Square?" Mr. Mendy asked leaning forward with his elbows on the table.

"Yes, we were at Piston Square doing the shoot" Mr. Michael replied leaning forward too.

"Then why did you kill her?" Mr. Mendy asked hitting the table angrilly.

"Why are you accusing me of what I did not do? I'm trying to cooperate and you're making it hard for me. Listen, I did not kill her old man" he replied, emphasizing on his last word.

"You call me an old man?, You're surely going to have yourself in the jail sooner than expected" Mr. Mendy threatened standing and ready to explode any time soon.

"Hey, but you'll need to have more evidence to put me behind bars won't you?" Mr. Michael replied, leaning back with arms akimbo.

"Bring in the torture equipments" Mr. Mendy commanded Kiara.

"Yes Boss" Kiara replied leaving to get the torture equipments which she told Carrie to prepare.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Why did you kill her?" Mr. Mendy asked Mr. Michael putting the heated iron rod on his chest.

Mr. Michael groaned in pain, he could smell himself being roasted and see his flesh getting damaged, he knew nothing about the murder, but he was too pompous to tell them pleadingly.

"Oh, you've prepared for the worse right?, He's probably from a secret agent or so" Mr. Mendy suggested.

"Sir, let me handle him" Kiara said trying to take the rod from Mr. Mendy .

"You can't do it, you're too inexperienced" Mr. Mendy replied harshly hitting her hand away.

"I'm sorry Boss" Kiara said rather angrily and left for her father's office, her hair was as if it was dread and her face looks pale and swollen. She was walking haggardly when she met Willie who just returned from Damien's place, "hey you, what took you so long? Carrie had reported long ago" Kiara enquired.

"Senior, Ms. Damien requested that I wait for her to carry out the fingerprints test" Willie replied, "I thought Carrie would have informed you" Willie said.

"Save me the tales, where are the results?" Kiara asked collecting the results and heading to her office to read. She probably won't like Mr. Mendy to run into her while she's checking it.

"Detective Kiara, I was told to report to Mr. Mendy or Mr. Collins personally" Willie explained.

"I know, that's why I'm not reading it where they can see me reading it, you find a place to hide for some minutes" Kiara said as she entered into her office and locked the door behind her. She was alone and safe, she opened the fingerprints results and saw the picture of the owner who happens to be a strange face. "Who is Stephen Archer?" Kiara thought but could not get a glimpse.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Drop your comments, questions and suggestions in my inbox or comment section, and always remember that your votes give me the inspiration to do more and better. I hope you had a good reading experience.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 1.1K 15
I am here with Kareena Story with Different plot....here you will find some twist and turns..so peep into know more...
38.7K 1.6K 49
To catch a syndicate group in South Korea, Detective from Thailand was sent to join Seoul City Police Department because in the past year he had mana...
210K 20.7K 66
♛ featured in wattpad india's #celebratingwomen reading list. ♛ ✨PLEASE READ THE NOTE BEFORE YOU START WITH THE PROLOGUE ✨ ❛ she walks on the path...
4.1K 668 32
A ladiesman cop, A beautiful thief and a priceless jewel. In times of love and romance, do the laws still work? In the face of wealth, does the word...