emmylou | natasha romanoff

By sansasrose

Kennedy Allen remembers the girl with the blue hair, the same way Natasha Romanoff can't forget the girl with... More

summary + cast.
prologue.
the meeting.
the promise.
the interrogation.
part one.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
part two.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
part three.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
part four.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
part five.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
part six.
forty-two.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
part seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
part eight.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
post-credit #1
post-credit #2
alternate endings.
vormir #1
vormir #2

forty-three.

5.9K 306 342
By sansasrose

2018
Manhattan, New York

"Do you ever feel left out of things?" Reagan asks Peter. They were in the Avenger's Facility and Reagan was helping Peter with his Physics work while also spending time with the only person who didn't seem to be actively avoiding her.

"Oh yeah all the time," Peter says, "Like when you and Yelena went to Coney Island that time and didn't invite me. Or when you and Anya went to Gov Ball and didn't invite me. Or when-"

"Okay Peter I'm sorry for not inviting you to all of those events," Reagan apologizes.

Peter shrugs, "It's fine. It's just I really would have liked to see the Last Jedi with you."

"We can go see the last Star Wars movie together," Reagan tells him with a small smile.

Peter grins and nods his head, "Okay. So why do you feel excluded from things?"

"I don't know. Anya came to New York to tour Columbia and she didn't even tell me. And she has a crush on this girl and granted she didn't tell Yelena, but it's like the three of them are best friends and then there's me."

"Welcome to my world," Peter says.

Reagan sighs as she begins to feel guilty, "Again, really sorry for not inviting you to everything."

"Maybe it's because you have a boyfriend," Peter suggests.

"What?" Reagan asks, "Why would they be avoiding me because of Carter?"

"Doesn't Wanda like you?" Peter states as he writes an answer down on his homework. Reagan suddenly falls silent, and Peter looks up to see Reagan sitting there pensively, "You are aware that Wanda liked you back right? I heard her and Anya talking about it."

"You're joking," Reagan states.

"I wouldn't joke about that. I know how much you liked Wanda."

"Peter," Reagan says, "Tell me you're joking."

"I'm not!" he insists, "Wanda liked you. She still likes you, but you're dating Carter and so it's hard being around you."

"Why did no one tell me this!"

Peter shrugs, "I don't know. Kennedy told me that it is important to communicate your feelings so I thought you guys got that talk as well."

"She's right! Which is why this is not my fault," Reagan says crossing her arms over her chest, "Wanda knew that I liked her, and she didn't do anything so it's not my fault."

"Okay," Peter says, "No one said it was your fault."

"Then why is everyone avoiding me?" Reagan asks.

"I don't know," Peter responds, "Yelena usually kicks me out when things get good."

"Don't let her push you around," Reagan tells him, "She's not scary."

Just then the door to the room opens and Yelena walks in, "Hey Reagan. Peterboy."

"It's just Peter," he says.

"Don't care," Yelena responds as she walks over to Reagan, "Listen Anya claims that she has 'plans' tonight and Wanda is surprisingly going on a second date, so I need someone to help me spy on her."

"I can help!" Peter volunteers, "I'm stealthy."

"You're about as stealthy as an elephant," Yelena tells him and Peter frowns. She rolls her eyes and sighs, "Fine, you can come."

"Yay!" Peter exclaims.

"Wait, did you say Wanda has a second date? With who?" Reagan asks.

Yelena shrugs, "I don't know, some girl she went on a date with last week. Are you in or not? Cause I'll just have Spiderchild help me."

"It's Spider-man," Peter corrects.

"Whatever you say Peterboy," Yelena responds.

"I'll come along," Reagan says.

"Awesome cause I had no idea what Peter and I were going to talk about," Yelena says, "We have nothing in common."

"Why don't you like me?" Peter asks, "Have I done something?"

"Yes," Yelena states, "You breathe. And you stare at people with those wide curious eyes."

She smiles at them, "See you all this evening."

As she's walking out of the facility, Kennedy's walking in and Yelena smiles at the sight of her.

"Hey!" Yelena greets.

"Hey, have you seen Tony?"

"No," Yelena responds her brows furrowing, "Why do you look stressed?"

"I'm not stressed," Kennedy says, "I have to find Tony."

"Okay," Yelena says as she watches Kennedy walks by her.

Peter looks up from his homework just as Kennedy passes by and he jumps up, "Kennedy! Hi!"

She looks over at Peter and smiles at him, waving at the teen. Reagan spins and gets out of her seat to meet her sister in the hallway, "Kennedy."

"No," Kennedy says.

"But-"

"You chose to date Carter. If you want Wanda, too bad she's going on dates. I have to find Tony."

"He's upstairs freaking out about something," Peter tells her, and Kennedy looks at him.

"Peter I love you and I hope you have a wonderful day!" Kennedy says as she heads toward the elevator. Peter smiles at the words and looks over at Reagan who was glaring at him, causing his smile to slowly slip away.

Kennedy headed to Tony's office to find him pacing through the glass windows. She opens the door and quickly closes it before pulling down the blinds which gets Tony's attention.

"What took you so long?" Tony asks.

"Traffic," Kennedy responds as she takes a seat in one of the chairs by his desk, "Okay so what's going on?"

"You first."

Kennedy shakes her head, "You first."

"Why me?" Tony asks.

"Because mine is bad."

"Mine is worst!" Tony exclaims.

"I'm not going," Kennedy tells him as she crosses her arms over her chest in protest.

"Ugh fine! I proposed to Pepper, and she said yes," Tony tells her with a shrug.

"I'm pregnant," Kennedy states, "Like I peed on ten sticks and had an intern do four pregnancy tests and they were all positive pregnant. Like awful morning sickness pregnant. Like I want to cry all the time pregnant."

"Oh. Yours is worst," Tony says as he takes a seat.

"Yeah!" Kennedy exclaims, "What do I do?"

"Tell Natasha," Tony says, but Kennedy shakes her head.

"I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because then our lives change forever. We become real parents and I'll have to give birth and my baby will probably have weird superhuman powers because Alex has weird superhuman powers from her super-soldier dad!"

"Wait what?" Tony asks, "Alex is a super-soldier? Her dad was a super-soldier?"

"It's a long story, but yes," Kennedy says, "My baby is going to be able to break things."

"Do you want to cry right now?" Tony asks her.

"Yes!" Kennedy exclaims, before taking a breath and composing herself, "But I'm not because I am perfectly fine. So, Pepper said yes?"

"She said yes!" Tony exclaims, "And she said no wedding or kids until it's gone. Like gone-gone."

"The suit?"

"Yep," Tony answers.

"Well, we're fucked," Kennedy says, "Like astronomically fucked."

Tony bites the inside of his cheek, "There's something else."

"Okay," Kennedy says, "But do remember that I am currently carrying the beginnings of another human being and I'm sensitive."

Tony smiles, but it slips away, "Bruce hasn't made contact."

"What?"

"Every two-week Bruce and I usually make contact with each other. He gives an update on what's going on with everything and the stones. You know just making sure they're still alive and there's been radio silence."

"How long?" Kennedy asks.

"Two months," Tony answers, and Kennedy sighs.

"Have you tried Thor?"

"Silence," Tony tells her.

"This is that gut feeling that I had," Kennedy mutters, "Okay well we need to call Steve."

"Call Steve?" Tony asks, "What is Steve going to do?"

"If something happened to Thor and Bruce, then we're going to need Steve's help figuring it out. And you can't still be mad at him. It's been two years."

"Oh I've earned a lifetime of mad," Tony responds. Kennedy looks at him and Tony rolls his eyes as he reaches into his desk drawer and pulls out the phone that Steve had given them two years ago. He places it on the desk before Kennedy.

"I'm not calling him."

Kennedy grabs the phone and flips it open to see one number there and dials it. It rings twice before it's answered, "Hello?"

"Steve?" Kennedy says, "It's me. Kennedy. You should probably get back to New York as fast as you can."

Kennedy closes the phone and hands it to Tony, "He's on his way. Want to go to a bar?"

"You're pregnant," Tony points out.

"Yes but you can take shots for both of us, so let's go Stark," Kennedy says as she stands and opens the blinds before heading out of the office. Tony follows after her and they walk by Reagan and Peter.

Tony pokes his head in their room, "We're heading out. Are the two of you okay?"

"Perfectly fine, Mr. Stark!" Peter says with a smile.

"What he said," Reagan responds.

"Alright, we'll be back later," Tony says, "Vision's here if you need anything."

Tony and Kennedy get into her car as they drive into the city. They decide to go to a restaurant since the bars actually weren't opened yet. Tony orders one margarita and Kennedy orders another one, sliding it toward Tony.

"What do you think it is?" Kennedy asks.

"Hm, it's kind of soon but I think it's a boy," Tony answers.

"I wasn't talking about the gender of my baby. I was talking about Thor and Bruce. What do you think happened?"

"I don't know," Tony says, "Maybe something happened on Asgard."

"And my mom gave birth to two girls. My grandmother only had girls. This baby is a girl," Kennedy states.

"You thought of names?" Tony asks her.

Kennedy nods, "I have a few."

"So how are you going to tell Natasha because you have to tell her."

"I know that," Kennedy mutters, "I just – I don't think I'm ready."

"Ready to be a mom? I'm sorry to tell you this Kennedy but you've practically raised Wanda," Tony informs her, "And you're Peter's favorite adult, Reagan worships the ground you walk on, so does Anya. Yelena's a grown woman and she still seeks your guidance."

"It's different. They're practically adults. This is a baby and it's not going to be a normal baby. Her mom is a former assassin and Avenger, and her other mom is in therapy because she was kidnapped!"

Tony sips loudly from the margarita, "You really think she's going to be a girl?"

"Not to mention that all of the people in her life will have trauma. Lots and lots of trauma."

"I think it might be a boy," Tony tells her.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Honestly? No," Tony answers, "Because the truth is that this kid isn't going to have a normal childhood. You are an amazing doctor who has won the Presidential Medal of Freedom and you married a former assassin and Avenger, and you adopted a HYDRA science experiment, and your sisters-in-law can make people disappear!"

"However, none of that matters because that kid is going to be loved more than any kid that comes from a normal household. The people around you love you and they're going to love that little boy."

"Girl," Kennedy corrects, "And I guess you're right. I just – I want our kid to have the childhood that Natasha and I didn't have. One full of love and happy memories and I'm scared."

Tony reaches across the table, taking Kennedy's hand in his own, "You are going to be the best mom ever. Ask anyone and they'll agree."

There's a flash and Kennedy and Tony both look to their right at the window to see several people outside holding cameras and snapping pictures. Tony sighs as he retracts his hand.

"Just what I need following my engagement," Tony mutters.

"Drink the other margarita," Kennedy tells him and Tony leans over, sipping from the margarita that was supposed to be Kennedy's.

"I think you and Pepper are going to be okay. You were Tony Stark before Iron Man and you'll still be him after," Kennedy says, "The suit doesn't make you who you are."

"But what if there's something wrong?" Tony asks, "What if something is coming and we're not prepared for it?"

"We will be," Kennedy says, "Tony, you're not the only superhero in the world anymore. There are people willing to pick up the slack."

"I'm not ready to let go," Tony says softly, "I love Pepper but this? Being Iron Man? It's something I need to do."

"Then you have to be prepared to live with the consequences, and you experienced life without Pepper are you really ready to spend the rest of your life without her?"

"No," Tony answers.

"Then it's time to pass the torch."

"Ugh I hate when you're right and logical," Tony tells her.

"And I hate being pregnant. Do you know what it's like trying not to wake Nat to puke my guts out? I go to the bathroom downstairs so no one can hear me," Kennedy says.

"Well, now you have to tell her," Tony states.

"I will," Kennedy says nodding her head, "Someday. Maybe when I'm giving birth at the hospital?"

"Nine months sooner than that."

"I'm scared to tell her," Kennedy says, "Which is stupid because I know that she'll be excited, but I just keep feeling like what if I backed her into this? Like she wants me so that's why she'll tolerate a kid?"

"Kennedy eat a fried pickle," Tony says as he shoves the basket toward her, "It'll stop you from saying stupid things."

"The hormones are making me insecure and nervous," Kennedy mutters as she eats a fried pickle, "And I'm losing Wanda and that makes me sad. Oh my gosh, what if Wanda feels like we're replacing her?"

"I promise she won't feel that way," Tony tells her, "And if you're worried, talk to her. She probably already knows."

"She probably does."

That night, Anya looked at herself in the mirror of Wanda's new apartment before looking over at Wanda, "Does this look okay?"

Wanda looks up from her magazine, "Could be sluttier."

"Kate and I are just hanging out, I don't need to look slutty," Anya says as she looks at herself again. She may have pled with her parents to let her spend a couple of extra days in New York with the promise that she'd force Yelena to come to visit.

"Slutty will make this into a date though," Wanda says with a shrug.

"We're friends," Anya says as she looks at her hair, "Roommates."

"And they were roommates," Wanda says with a smile, "It's a vine-"

"I know," Anya says, "I've seen it."

"Right," Wanda says as she looks back at the magazine before her, "Well be careful, make good decisions, and know that Yelena will be watching you the entire night."

Anya's brows furrow as she looks away from the mirror, "What?"

"Yelena wants to know who this mystery girl is and so she recruited Peter to stalk you," Wanda informs her, "Thought I'd warn you."

"I regret ever wanting a family," Anya mutters.

"Hey," Wanda says as she closes her magazine, "Yelena knows you guys are going to the Botanical gardens in Brooklyn. Change up the date."

"Not a date," Anya quickly states, "And do what?"

"Take her to Central Park," Wanda says, "And bring your skateboard. You can teach her how to skate, it'll be hands-on and maybe you'll get a kiss at the end of the night."

Anya's cheeks flush at the thought. She'd never kissed anyone. Ever. She'd never even been on a date. Everything that she was currently doing was way out of her comfort zone.

"Would she like that?" Anya asks.

"Honestly," Wanda says, "She just wants to spend time with you."

Anya smiles at the words and she hugs the older woman, "You're the best."

"Yeah I know," Wanda says as she hugs Anya back. She kisses the top of her head, "Now go have your own little romance novel. I'm titling it Love in the City."

Anya giggles and shakes her head, "No."

"The Young and The Beautiful?"

"Did you just combine two soap operas?"

"Will neither confirm nor deny," Wanda tells her and Anya laughs.

"It's a work in progress," she says, "But I'll be back later to debrief you. When's your date?"

"Oh I'm leaving right after you," Wanda says, "And I'll probably be back before you. We're just getting dinner."

"Okay," Anya says with a smile as she heads toward the door, "Oh I just hope you know that I know you're the reason Yelena knows so much about my date."

"Thought it was a hang-out?" Wanda asks.

"It's a date now," Anya says, "See you later!"

Wanda smiles when she hears her apartment door close before heading into her room and changing into her pajamas.

In Brooklyn, Peter, Yelena, and Reagan roam around the Botanical Gardens in search of Anya and her mystery girl.

"So there's this girl I like," Peter says, "Her name is MJ. She's really cool and really smart and she's mean to me sometimes, but I think that means she likes me. What do you think?"

"I think she hates your guts," Yelena states as she looks at a bush of roses.

"What?" Peter asks, voice cracking slightly.

Yelena rolls her eyes, "I am the last person you should go to for dating advice. I can help you hide a body or make delicious mac and cheese, but I don't think you want my help with this."

"But I value your opinion," Peter says, "And Anya says that you give really good advice. Kennedy's dealing with something right now so I thought I'd go to the next best thing."

"And you think that's me?" Yelena asks him.

Peter nods his head, "The fact that you hate everyone, and everything makes you unbiased, so I'd love to hear what you think."

Yelena sighs as she looks away from the bush and at Peter, "I think that this MJ person might like you. You're sort of adorable in a dorky and nerdy kind of way and if she's into lame things like science then she's probably into you."

Peter gasps excitedly, "She is into science!"

"There you go," Yelena says before pausing, "And despite what I may say to you, I don't hate you, Peter."

"Really?" he asks. He also tried not to display his surprise at the usage of his actual name.

"No," Yelena states, "You're like the brother that I never asked for and must bully relentlessly."

"And you're like the older sister that I always dreamt of!" Peter exclaims. Yelena stares at him before placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You need to dream of better older sisters," Yelena tells him.

Peter shrugs, "Well you're all kind of mean to me but it's to be expected since I am the youngest and the only boy."

"Why do you spend so much time with us?" Yelena wonders.

"Sometimes it gets lonely. It's just me and my Aunt May so when I'm with you guys it feels like I have a real family. Mr. Stark is kind of like the father figure I lost when my Uncle Ben died. You guys are like my sisters and Kennedy's kind of like another Aunt May, but one who understands this world."

Yelena nods her head, "Well we are your family. So, you don't ever have to worry about being alone. You need us, we're there."

Peter smiles at her, before his eyebrows furrow, "Have you seen Anya?"

"No," Yelena looks over at Reagan who had been staring at her phone the entire time, "Have you seen Anya?"

Reagan looks up from her phone, "What? Oh no."

"Who are you texting?"

"Carter," Reagan responds, and Yelena rolls her eyes.

"Ugh."

"Oh," Peter says as he looks from Reagan to Yelena, "Do we not like Carter?"

"No we do not Peter," Yelena says.

"Oh come on," Reagan states, "Carter hasn't done anything wrong! He's going to law school at Harvard and he's nice and he treats me well and-"

"He's not the one you're meant to be with," Yelena says with a shrug, "So he can be as nice as he wants but if he proposes to you I am objecting at your wedding."

"I will too," Peter says, "You and Wanda are meant to be."

"She's going on dates," Reagan says, "What am I supposed to do?"

"Tell her how you feel!" Peter and Yelena exclaim in unison.

In Central Park, Kate and Anya walk side by side, Anya's skateboard tucked under her arm. They'd gone to food trucks before and caught up on the last two years.

"So why the change in plans?" Kate asks curiously.

"My sister," Anya states, "She thinks I'm seeing some mystery girl and so she was going to stalk us at the gardens."

Kate's lips curl up in a smile, "Mystery girl huh?"

Anya laughs, "Yes a mystery girl."

"I like being a mystery," Kate says with a grin, "In real life, I'm like the furthest thing from a mystery. If anything, you're the mystery."

"Me?" Anya asks, "How?"

"Well, this entire night we've talked about me and you haven't told me anything about you," Kate states.

"Okay," Anya says, "Ask me anything and I'll answer."

"How many sisters do you have?"

Anya laughs, "That is a tricky question. Technically I have two. Yelena and Natasha. Then there's my sister-in-law, Kennedy. Her sister Reagan is also like my sister and then there's my bonus sister, Wanda."

"That's a lot of sisters," Kate tells her.

"Yeah," Anya says with a smile, "Our entire family is kind of complicated. I also kind of have a brother? His name is Peter. He's the youngest."

"Wait," Kate says, "Is your sister Natasha Romanoff? And your sister-in-law Kennedy Allen?"

"Yeah," Anya says.

"Holy shit!" Kate exclaims, "Your sister is an Avenger! You know an Avenger!"

"Uh yeah," Anya says, "I know Tony Stark as well. Reagan interns for him."

"What?" Kate asks, "Do you know how cool you are?"

Anya shrugs, "I mean I guess not. To me they aren't Avengers, they're just my family."

"Wow," Kate says, "Do you know Hawkeye?"

"I've met him once," Anya says, "At a family barbecue."

Kate shakes her head, "I can never meet your family, I'll embarrass myself."

"You already want to meet my family? Geez, Kate, take me on a date first," Anya teases.

"I tried to!" Kate states.

"Wait," Anya says as she stops walking, "So this is a date?"

"I mean I was kind of hoping that it would be?" Kate asks, with a shrug, "I don't know. Sometimes I'm too much so people don't really approach me or ask me out. So, I haven't really been on a date. Or dated. That night we met was the closest I've ever come."

"Same," Anya says, as she glances at the ground sheepishly, "I um was really nervous about tonight, but Wanda told me that you just wanted to spend time with me."

"She was right," Kate says, "I mean if you wanted to pick up trash off the street I'd be in."

Anya laughs, "Really?"

"I mean I'd kind of have to think about it, but I'd give in eventually," Kate tells her with a smile, "Finding out that you were touring Columbia while they were recruiting me kind of felt like fate? It's kind of the reason why I'm going to sign there. And I don't know, we had this chance meeting two years ago and then another one."

"It does kind of feel like fate, doesn't it?" Anya asks.

"Yeah," Kate responds with a smile as she nods toward the skateboard, "Is that why you brought the skateboard?"

Anya looked at the skateboard Kate had gifted her two years ago and her cheeks flush, "Um actually Wanda told me I should bring it and teach you how to skate."

"I'm really liking Wanda," Kate says with a smile, "So are you going to teach me or what?"

"Uh yeah," Anya says as she sets it down on the ground, "Okay so you want to make sure you stand in the middle. Too much weight on the ends and you'll tip over."

"Okay," Kate says as she looks at Anya.

"Um you can put your hands on my shoulders, and I'll make sure to steady you," Anya says, and Kate nods her head as she places her hands on either shoulder. She glances at Anya, and they make eye contact before the two of them both laugh at the awkwardness.

"Okay," Kate says, "Now what?"

"Now I'm going to walk and you're going to hold on to me," Anya instructs, "Ready?"

"Um," Kate says, "Maybe you should put your hands on my waist? Just to stabilize me?"

"Yeah," Anya says as she looks at Kate, "Um okay."

She hesitates as she places her hand on Kate's waist and looks at her to find that Kate was blushing as well.

"Okay now I'm ready," Kate tells her, and Anya smiles as she begins walking and Kate begins rolling. Her eyes go wide as she looks over at Anya, "Oh my gosh I'm skating! You're gonna have to call me skater girl now."

Anya laughs, "You'll always be the World's Great Archer to me. WGA."

"What?" Kate laughs.

"WGA?" Anya says, "World's Greatest Archer."

Kate laughs harder, kneeling over, which causes the board to slip from under her and almost cause her to fall, but Anya catches her, holding on to her waist. Kate looks at Anya, their faces inches from each other.

"You don't have to go falling for me," Anya says, "But if you do, I'll catch you."

Kate smiles and shakes her head as she cups Anya's cheeks and leans in to kiss her. The kiss is short and chaste, neither girl truly knowing what to do. When the kiss ends and Kate pulls away, her eyes go wide as she looks at Anya.

"I'm sorry," Kate says, "It just felt like an appropriate time to kiss you but I probably should have asked permission first, it's just that you made that comment about falling and it was cute and-"

Anya leans in and kisses Kate, silencing her rant. Kate smiles into the kiss as she wraps her arms around Anya's neck, letting them hang there loosely as she got lost in their second kiss. The two of them part but they don't go far.

Anya rests her forehead against Kate's, "That was my first kiss. And technically my second."

Kate laughs, "That was my first and second kiss as well."

"Awesome! We don't know if we're bad because we have nothing to compare it to!"

Kate laughs, "That is really good. Honestly though, experience or not I feel like it was a great kiss."

"I totally agree," Anya says, as she pulls away and holds her hand up, "Want to high five for doing a good job?"

"Yeah!" Kate says as she high fives Anya.

The two of them laugh and Anya glances down the sidewalk, "Oh I should probably get my skateboard."

"You have to show me a trick," Kate states.

"Only if you agree to teach me how to use a bow," Anya says steps on the board, kicking it up.

"Deal," Kate tells her.

In Wanda's new apartment it was dark, with only the light from the TV illuminating the bedroom as she watched Scream with a tub of ice cream. The front door of her apartment unlocked, and Wanda looked over to see Kennedy entering the apartment with the spare key she gave her.

"Hey," Wanda greets.

"Hey?" Kennedy says, "I thought you had a date."

"I canceled," Wanda replies, "Turns out I can't shake a 5'5 Stark intern who has a boyfriend."

"Aww," Kennedy says as she walks over toward the couch. Wanda holds up the end of her blanket and Kennedy kicks off her shoes as she gets under it with Wanda.

"Ice cream?" Wanda offers, "It's Strawberry Cheesecake."

"I love you," Kennedy says as she takes the ice cream.

"I know," Wanda says, "So what have you been up to all day?"

"Drinking with Tony."

"What?" Wanda asks, "But-"

"But what?" Kennedy inquires.

"Nothing," Wanda says shaking her head.

Kennedy laughs, "I'm messing with you. I'm pregnant and I forced Tony to drink for the both of us because I'm honestly going through a crisis."

"Why?" Wanda asks her.

Kennedy sighs, "I'm scared that I'm going to mess up my daughter."

Wanda smiles, "You know it's a girl?"

"I have a feeling," Kennedy responds.

"Well, I can assure you that you're not going to mess her up," Wanda responds, "If anything, she's going to be kind and compassionate and brilliant because you're her mother."

Kennedy smiles sheepishly as she looks at the ice cream, "It's just – sometimes I still feel him there in my head."

"Want me to take a look?" Wanda asks her and Kennedy nods her head and Wanda turns as she places her hand on either side of Kennedy's head and closes her eyes as she sorts through everything.

After a minute, Wanda opens her eyes and looks at Kennedy with a small smile, "I just feel you in there."

"That's reassuring."

"Ken," Wanda says, "You're going to be an amazing mom. So is Natasha. As someone who has been raised by the two of you, I have felt nothing but loved and protected by you two. And I know that this baby is going to feel the same way with a little extra because I'm going to love her so much."

Kennedy's eyes water a little, "I love you so much."

"I know," Wanda says as she holds her arms open, "Come here."

Kennedy puts the ice cream on the coffee table as she cuddles into Wanda's side.

"Does Nat know?"

"No."

"You going to tell her?"

"When the baby is born."

Wanda laughs, "That's kind of messed up."

"She'll be okay," Kennedy states.

"She's gonna be happy, you know?"

"I know," Kennedy responds, "It's just once I tell her, it's real and that's scary."

"It's already real," Wanda tells her, "And I think that if anyone is going to be able to calm your nerves, it's Natasha. Or your mom. One of those two."

Kennedy smiles, but it slips away, "Well there's only one person who can calm my nerves on a certain situation and that's you."

"What situation?" Wanda asks curiously.

"I don't want you to feel like this baby is going to take your place. You will always be my first kid. Even if I was nine when you were born," Kennedy says, making Wanda smile.

"I know you're not replacing me," Wanda tells her, "I'll always know that I have a home with you guys, and I'll always know that you love me the same way that I'll always love you guys. No matter how big our family gets."

"How did I get so lucky?" Kennedy asks.

"I should be asking that," Wanda states, "No one wants to deal with a twenty-year-old orphan. You didn't have to take care of me, and you did and for that, I'll forever be grateful."

Kennedy looks at Wanda and smiles as she hugs her tightly.

It's late when Kennedy gets home, the lights off in the house meant that Natasha had already gone to bed. Kennedy heads upstairs to their bedroom and takes a shower to think before coming to a decision.

She gets dressed before climbing into bed with Natasha, who instinctively grabs Kennedy's hip and tugs her closer to her.

"Nat?" Kennedy says softly as she faces her sleeping wife. Her eyes were closed and the rise and fall of her chest seemed rhythmic, indicating that she was already asleep or at least she was halfway there.

"Hm?"

"Are you awake?" Kennedy asks.

"Mmm," Natasha tells her, and Kennedy interpreted that as a no.

"I have to tell you something," Kennedy says softly, "And it's kind of a big deal."

"What is it?" Natasha asks, her voice thick with sleep.

"Um well, it turns out you're going to be a mom."

Natasha's eyes open as she looks at Kennedy, "What did you say?"

Kennedy's lips spread in a nervous smile, "You're going to be a mom."

Natasha stares at her, "We're having a baby?"

"Yeah," Kennedy says nodding her head, "Yeah we're going to have a baby."

Natasha's hand goes to Kennedy's stomach and Kennedy laughs softly, "Pretty sure you're not going to feel anything for a while."

"I know," Natasha says as she lets out a laugh of disbelief, "It's just that we're having a baby."

"It's a girl," Kennedy says softly.

Natasha smiles as she looks at her, "How do you know?"

"A mother always knows," Kennedy says, "And I kind of already have a name picked out."

"Do you?" Natasha asks.

"Mhm," Kennedy says, "Elena."

"Elena?" Natasha asks with a smile.

"Yeah," Kennedy says, "After Yelena."

"You know you're going to have to deal with a lot of jealous people," Natasha says softly.

"Guess that means we'll have to have a lot of kids so that everyone gets a baby named after them," Kennedy says and Natasha laughs.

"We're having a baby," Natasha states.

Kennedy nods her head, "We're having a baby."

"This might be the happiest day of my life," Natasha whispers and every worry that Kennedy had, ceases to exist at those words.

"Yeah?" she asks, her heart-melting.

Natasha smiles as she rubs Kennedy's stomach, "Hey there Elena. Your mommies can't wait to meet you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.1K 68
„ 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑟𝑎𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟 " ⎯ In which your pasts and present haunts you and can never let go of it or ...
701K 19K 110
A slowburn, Natasha Romanoff/ Black widow x Fem! Reader. Through the events of Captain America Civil war - post endgame! [Note, not all chapters are...
33.1K 804 21
You had just recently moved to America from the UK for a fresh start since your family and most of your friends hated you. It wasn't your fault; you...
110K 4K 56
Aloisia spent years travelling between planets before finally settling on earth, where she met Natasha Romanoff Natasha Romanoff x fem!oc Follow even...