emmylou | natasha romanoff

By sansasrose

Kennedy Allen remembers the girl with the blue hair, the same way Natasha Romanoff can't forget the girl with... More

summary + cast.
prologue.
the meeting.
the promise.
the interrogation.
part one.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
part two.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
part three.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
part four.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
part five.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty-one.
part six.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
part seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
part eight.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
post-credit #1
post-credit #2
alternate endings.
vormir #1
vormir #2

forty.

6.3K 298 270
By sansasrose

2016
The Red Room

"I can't do it."

"Yes, you can."

"No, I can't."

"You can."

Yelena stares at the road before her and looks down at the bike and shakes her head, "No I can't."

Natasha sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose, "We're going to be here all day."

"Shush," Kennedy says, not sparing Natasha a glance as she looks at Yelena, "It's just like riding a bike before your training wheels came off."

"No, it isn't, the bike wobbles now," Yelena says with a little pout.

"I know," Kennedy tells her, "I was scared when I first learned how to ride a bike as well, but my dad stayed by me, and when I was ready he let go. Natasha and I aren't going to let you fall."

"Promise?" Yelena asks as she looks at Kennedy.

"I super promise," Kennedy says as she looks over at Natasha who steps forward and places a hand on her sister's handlebars.

"I'll guide you and help keep the bike steady, Kennedy will be behind you," Natasha says, "You trust us."

Yelena nods her head.

"Good," Natasha tells her with a smile, "Because we're never going to let anything happen to you."

She leans forward and kisses her sister on the side of the head, which makes Yelena smile. Natasha looks over at Kennedy and gives her a nod. Natasha begins to guide the bike and Yelena begins to peddle.

"See? You're already getting the hang of it!" Kennedy says.

"I'm doing it!" Yelena says, "I'm riding a bike with no training wheels!"

"Are you ready for us to let go?" Natasha asks.

"No!" Yelena quickly exclaims and Natasha laughs.

"Okay, then we're going to have to slow down. Kennedy's extremely slow."

"I can't help that I have tiny legs!" Kennedy shouts and Natasha smiles at her.

"Natasha," Yelena says as the bike begins to wobble, "Natasha!"

Natasha looks back over at Yelena and tries to steady the bike, but it's too late as Yelena falls off. Kennedy is quick as she catches the bike, preventing it from falling on top of Yelena. Natasha kneels beside her sister as Yelena holds onto her knee.

"Hey," Natasha says, "You okay?"

"It really hurts," Yelena says, and Natasha could tell that she was holding back tears.

"Let me look at it," Natasha says, and Yelena moves her hand to reveal a pretty bad cut.

"Is she okay?" Kennedy asks as she kneels beside Yelena.

Yelena turns to hug Kennedy, "It hurts really bad."

"Can I take a look?" Kennedy asks and she looks down at the scar, wincing a little, but not too much. She looks at Yelena and tries to smile reassuringly at her, "I have good news."

"What is it?"

"You're going to live," Kennedy tells her with a smile, "And you're going to have the coolest Band-Aid ever."

"Can it be Lion King?"

"Of course, it can be," Kennedy tells her.

"What's wrong?" Melina and Meredith ask as they both walk out of the Allen house. Natasha stands and is quick to explain the situation to them. Kennedy helps Yelena up and Melina rushes over as she picks Yelena up.

"Oh baby, are you okay?"

"Kennedy says I'm going to live," Yelena says as she buries her face in Melina's neck. The women look at Kennedy and she shrugs.

"I wanted to give her good news," Kennedy says.

"She's five," Meredith tells her daughter.

"It's important to understand the value of life early or you won't truly live," Kennedy states, "It's the plot of the Alchemist."

"Okay from now on you're only reading books approved by me and your father," Meredith says, "Yelena honey, are you okay?"

Yelena nods her head.

"Remember what mama told you?" Melina asks.

"Pain only makes us stronger," Yelena says and Melina smiles proudly at her.

"That's right and you're the strongest girl I know," Melina says as she pokes her daughter.

"Strong enough to get a Lion King Band-Aid?" Yelena asks with a smile and Melina chuckles and nods her head.

"You're in luck, I bought the last box at the store," Meredith says as she motions for them to follow her into the house. Melina carries Yelena after

"Teach Yelena to ride a bike," Natasha mutters, "It'll be easy. It's like the blind leading the blind."

"You're a very negative person," Kennedy states, "I hope someday you can see that life is beautiful and there's so much to learn and celebrate in it."

"Kennedy, you're scaring me," Natasha states.

"It's the Alchemist," Kennedy mutters.

"I think your mom is right about monitoring your reading."

"I thought you were on my side," Kennedy says with a pout as she picks up the bike and rolls it onto her driveway.

"Hey," Natasha says as she walks up behind her, "I'm always on your side. No matter what."

They head into the house where Yelena seems to be enjoying the attention that she's receiving. Kennedy smiles as she looks at Natasha, "She's so cute."

"She'll grow out of it," Natasha responds.

"Maybe not," Kennedy says, "You're still cute and you're old."

"I'm ten," Natasha responds, and her cheeks flush at the comment, "And I'm not cute!"

"Okay," Kennedy says with small smile, "Whatever you say."

"You want to try to ride the bike again?" Melina asks Yelena and her smile slips away as she shakes her head, "Why not?"

"What if I fall again?" Yelena asks.

"We won't let you," Natasha says, "Plus think of how cool you'll feel when you can ride around the neighborhood with me and Kennedy."

"Come on Yelena," Kennedy says, "Don't leave me alone with Natasha."

"Okay," Yelena says as she stands up, "One more try."

"And if you fall we'll have more Lion King band-aids on standby," Meredith says.

They all head outside, this time joined by Frank who had his video camera and had decided to film the moment. Kennedy helped Yelena onto the bike and Natasha took hold of the handlebars.

"Ready?"

"Promise you won't let me fall this time?" Yelena asks her sister.

"I promise," Natasha tells her.

"Okay," Yelena says.

"Yelena's first bike ride, take two!" Frank exclaims.

Yelena begins to pedal, and Natasha holds on to the handlebars while Kennedy steadies her. Once it seemed that she was getting the hang of it, Kennedy let her go.

"I'm gonna let go now," Natasha tells her.

"No don't! I'm not ready!" Yelena exclaims.

"Too late," Natasha says as she releases the handlebars. Yelena continues pedaling as she rides down the street. A smile crosses her lips as she turns and drives back toward the house. Everyone cheers Yelena on as she rides by.

"Look! I'm doing it!" Yelena says, "I'm doing it!"

"Slow down," Natasha tells her, but Yelena gets the memo too late as she ends up in the yard and falls off of the bike. Everyone rushes over to her, and they go to check on her, only to find her giggling.

"Again!" Yelena exclaims.

They all laugh, and Natasha nods her head with a smile, "Okay, we can go again."

"Hey," Natasha says as she looks at her sister. Yelena was getting ready, putting the earpiece into her ear.

"Hey," Yelena says softly. Gone was all the anger and attitude that Yelena had been giving her since they reunited. However, Natasha still wasn't sure where she and her younger sister stood.

"I know I've said this a million times, but I'm sorry," Natasha says, "When I killed Antonia, I thought that I killed Dreykov. I thought I'd ended the Red Room. I needed for it to be gone so much that I didn't look back."

"It's fine," Yelena tells her. A small smile crosses her lips, "I know it was real for you too."

Natasha smiles at Yelena and nods her head, "Yeah it was."

"So, I have to know," Yelena says as she crosses her arms over her chest, "Did you buy the house for sentimental purposes or because of how close it was to Kennedy?"

"Definitely its proximity to Kennedy," Natasha says and Yelena laughs, shaking her head.

"You're so predictable," Yelena tells her.

"Sorry not sorry," Natasha states with a smile.

"I'm happy you got your happy ending," Yelena tells her, "You and Kennedy were always meant to be."

"Yes," Natasha says, "But it was always supposed to be the three of us in New York," Natasha shrugs nonchalantly, "It was Kennedy who insisted you come with us."

"And you didn't want your little sister there," Yelena says, "What a bitch."

"You were so clingy! Kennedy would always spend time with you over me and I didn't want that for the rest of my life."

"Too bad," Yelena says, "Cause Kennedy and I have a lot of time to make up for. I'm thinking brunches, shopping trips, real trips, movie nights. Get ready Natasha, because I'm about to be your worst nightmare."

"Bring it on," Natasha tells her, "I've dealt with Reagan for the last four years."

"But can you handle me and Reagan?" Yelena challenges, "Together?"

Natasha narrows her eyes at Yelena and the younger of the two smiles innocently as she walks away. Natasha honestly wasn't prepared for how things would be when they got back home. They were going to need to set boundaries. Serious boundaries.

"Okay, we were able to make twenty vials before we ran out of ingredients," Reagan says as she hands them to Yelena. She looks at the vials curiously before looking at Reagan.

"Why are you giving these to me?"

"You have pockets," Reagan says happily, "Now put that vest to use."

Yelena smiles at her and shakes her head as she puts the vials in her vest.

"Okay I stitched and rewrap Anya's shoulder so she's good to go," Kennedy says as she comes up to the three of them. She watches Yelena put the vials in her pockets, "Nice vest."

Yelena looks up at her, "You really think so?"

"Yeah," Kennedy says with a smile.

Yelena grins and looks down sheepishly as she puts the last of the vials in her vest.

"Okay so I've programmed the coms with the Quinjet," Anya says as she enters the room, pocketing her phone, "So we're all connected. And I could pilot the jet, I'm sure it's super easy-"

"You can't drive a car. You're not flying a jet," Wanda tells her.

"Aww," Anya says.

"Dreykov has been notified of you all being here. Anya, Wanda, and Reagan, it's time to go," Melina says.

Reagan turns to her older sister, "We make a great team."

"When we get home I'm telling mom what you did and I'm killing you," Kennedy states, and Reagan frowns as Kennedy pulls her in for a hug, "Thank you for coming after me."

"You know I'd go to the end of the earth for you," Reagan says as she hugs Kennedy, "That's what sisters do."

Anya looks at Yelena, "You're a very good fighter and you're smart. Don't let your temper get the best of you, and don't do anything that could get you killed."

"Who's the older one between the two of us?" Yelena asks.

"You, but I know you and you do stupid things when you get emotional. Like attack your sister," Anya states.

"Yeah well whatever," Yelena responds, "Listen to Wanda and Reagan."

"I will," Anya says with a smile as she holds her fist out to Yelena. The blonde smiles as she bumps it before pulling Anya in for a hug.

"Hey, so you know when I said that I knew which parent I'd pick in the custody battle?" Wanda asks and Natasha raises an eyebrow.

"You don't have to tell me you picked Kennedy. I already know."

"Actually," Wanda says, "I would have picked you."

"What?" Natasha asks with a laugh.

"The world loves Kennedy. You need me more. I am your firstborn after all and hopefully, I'm not your last."

"I hope so too," Natasha says as she hugs Wanda, "Take care of yourself and those other two. As the firstborn, you're in charge."

"I know," Wanda says.

"And be careful with takeoff, you like to pull up too soon and it's really wobbly and Tony will kill you if you damage another Quinjet," Natasha says and Wanda's cheeks flush as she thinks of her first time flying.

"Got it. Take off later and no damaging the jet," Wanda says nodding her head.

"Goodbye Melina," Reagan says as she hugs the older woman catching her by surprise. Her arms are stuck at her side, and she seems very uncomfortable by the sudden display of affection. Yelena and Natasha both laugh at the sight as Melina brings her hand up to awkwardly pat Reagan's back.

"Okay Reagan, that enough," Kennedy says as she pries her sister off of Melina, "I'm sorry, she gets that from me."

"It is fine," Melina says, "Just a warning would be nice next time."

"Warning, got it," Reagan states as she looks over at Yelena and Natasha, pulling them both in for hugs.

"At this rate, we'll be going to the Red Room with you," Wanda mutters to Kennedy, making her smile.

"Don't take off too early," Kennedy tells her, and Wanda nods her head.

"I know, Nat told me," Wanda says as she looks over at Kennedy, "Are you sure you're okay with going back there?"

"Yeah," Kennedy tells her.

"Liar," Wanda responds, "But I admire your bravery."

Kennedy hugs Wanda, "You got this."

"I'm the one who should be telling you that," Wanda mutters.

Kennedy pulls back and looks Wanda in the eye, "We got this."

"Burgers when we get back?" Wanda asks and Kennedy knew that she was talking about the restaurant they'd gone to after Pietro's funeral.

"I was actually thinking we could go to Ohio first," Kennedy tells her, "But we can get burgers when we get back to New York."

"Okay," Wanda says as she begins walking toward Reagan, dragging her away from her embrace with Yelena and Natasha, "Gonna tell your mom you're married?"

"No, she'll kill me," Kennedy responds.

Wanda smiles, "No more hugs Reagan, we'll see them in a couple of hours."

"You can never have too many hugs," Reagan says with a pout.

Anya shakes her head as she waves at everyone before following Wanda and Reagan out of the house.

Yelena glances over at Alexei, "Do we wake him now?"

"No, he'll be fine once we get there," Melina states. She looks at the three women. They'd been girls when she'd last seen them, and now they were destroying the organization that had ruined them all.

"I want you girls to know that I'm proud of you," Melina says, "Life fought hard, but you fought back twice as hard."

"Pain only makes you stronger," Yelena says, "That's what you used to tell us."

Melina smiles at them. She walks over toward Natasha and traces her finger over the bridge of her nose, "Severe the nerve."

Natasha smiles at her, "I got it."

"I know you do," Melina tells her affectionately before handing Natasha the photostatic veil. Natasha puts it on, and it turns into Melina's face. Melina puts on her own and suddenly a bright light shines overhead.

There's no warning as soldiers storm in, hitting them all aside from Melina with tranquil bullets.

They're flown to the Red Room, which Natasha learns wasn't a location on the ground at all, but rather a floating-place in the sky. When they land, Dreykov is standing there, and he holds his arms out wide as Natasha posed as Melina steps out of the jet.

"Look at you," Dreykov says as he embraces her, "You never cease to amaze me."

It takes everything in Natasha not to strangle Dreykov where he stands.

She looks over at Dreykov's men carry her family into the building and Dreykov picks up on her silence, "Let's talk in my office, hm?"

Natasha nods her head and Dreykov leads her inside, several armed guards following after them. Natasha looks around the facility and she catches a room of widows training, and they all pause to look at her. For a minute, Natasha forgets her disguise and believes that they see right through her.

"Feels just like home, doesn't it?" Dreykov asks her and Natasha simply smiles as she follows Dreykov to his personal elevator. He nods at the guards, and they nod back before heading down the hall.

They enter Dreykov's office and Natasha tries her best not to look around. She's been there before. She's been here before.

"So," Dreykov says, "The family reunion?"

"Awful," Natasha speaks, "Too emotional. They were clingy and needy."

Dreykov chuckles, "Just like old times huh?"

"Hm."

"Yelena Belova. What's the deal with her? She was the only one affected right?"

"As far as I know, yes."

"These gases and antidotes. It's a pain in my ass," Dreykov says shaking his head, "It's a problem. You need it sorted."

That alarms Natasha, "I have nine pigs that need attending-"

"I don't give a shit about your pigs," Dreykov says as he forces her into a chair. He grabs her head and Natasha's hold of the chair tightens, "Cut the brain out, identify the weakness."

"What about Romanoff?" she inquires.

"She's a traitor. She turned her back on her people. On her blood. She had nothing. I gave her home. I gave her love. And she threw it all away for some girl. I want you to use the chemicals on her. If Kennedy won't kill Natasha, then we'll have Natasha rid herself of her own weakness."

She tries not to react, but she can't help it as her jaw clenches, and she squeezes the armrest of the chair.

Dreykov smiles, "Could you imagine what I could do with an Avengers under my control?"

"Wouldn't you like to speak with her?" Natasha asks.

"When you look into the eyes of a child you have raised, no mask in the world can hide that," he reaches up, but Natasha catches his hand. Her cover had been blown and she wasn't ready for what that entailed.

She gives up and lets Dreykov pull off the mask.

"Welcome home," he tells her.

Natasha stands and a weapon is drawn on her. She looks over in the corner of the room to see the person with a mask that had attacked them on the bridge and in Budapest.

Kennedy wakes in her cell and groans. Being tranquilized did leave someone with a headache. She stood up to see Alexei and Natasha, well Melina, in the cells across from her.

"Kennedy? You okay in there?"

Kennedy holds a thumb up, "I'm good."

"Natasha. I can't save us. I need you to know that I'm sorry. I pledged my life to a cause. You know, I thought I was being very brave. Possibly the bravest. But I wasn't being brave. I was coward," Alexei cries against the glass. Kennedy looks over at Melina who shakes her head.

"In Cuba, when they came and took you away from me, no cause is worth that. You should only sacrifice yourself for something-"

The doors on the cells open and Alexei's speech comes to an end as he waves a hand through the glass before stepping through. Kennedy and Melina both step out and Alexei looks over at Melina curiously, "How did you do that?"

"I designed these cells myself," Melina responds as she pulls her mask off.

"What?" Alexei says.

"Why couldn't you have said that on the helicopter?" Kennedy asks him.

"I don't know," Alexei says, "I wasn't sure, you know? I wasn't sure if it was real for everyone else the way it was for me, and I'd already been made to look like an idiot. I didn't want to do it again."

Alexei looks at Kennedy, "Your father, he was my dearest friend. Your mother as well. Watching you three girls grow up meant the world to me, but I traded it all for – for nothing. I'm sorry for what happened to Frank. He was an excellent man."

Kennedy nods her head, "You should tell Yelena and Natasha the truth. They'd prefer that over the bullshit you told them on the helicopter."

Alexei nods.

"I'm on comms with Yelena," Melina says as she reaches up to her ear and Alexei does the same, despite not having an earpiece.

"Yelena, it's me. It's mama," Melina says softly with a smile, "You have a two-inch blade concealed in your beltline. Outside right hip."

There's a lot of noise on the line and Kennedy can hear the moment when Yelena finishes fighting.

"You couldn't have told me sooner?" Yelena asks.

"Don't throw a fit, there wasn't time," Melina responds.

"Okay girls I'm having trouble hearing you, but Natasha I need you to know I'm sorry-"

"You don't have earpiece," Melina tells him.

"What?" Alexei asks.

"She can't hear you. You don't have earpiece."

"Why not?" Alexei asks with a frown.

"Because it wasn't part of the plan," Melina informs him. She looks over at Kennedy, "Can you get Anya on the line and make sure she received my coordinates?"

"Anya? You there?"

"Here!" Anya exclaims, "Wanda wants me to tell you that the Quinjet is still intact. Also, did you know this thing is incredibly easy to hack? We didn't even have to go to Norway, we just had it come to us."

"Technology is scary," Kennedy states, "Did you get Melina's coordinates?"

"Yep, we're in the vicinity," Anya states.

"Good," Kennedy says, and she looks over at Melina.

"You know where to go," Melina tells her, and Kennedy nods her head. She walks over and embraces Melina who hugs her back.

"Can I get a hug?" Alexei asks.

"Someday," Kennedy says as she heads off in search of Natasha, "When you've showered!"

"I like that girl," Alexei states, "Who would have thought little Kennedy would be a super-soldier. Now she's perfect badass doctor daughter-in-law."

Natasha looks at Dreykov.

"So is this your plan?" he asks holding his arms out.

"My plan is to kill you," Natasha states.

"I'm alive, so what do we do now?" Dreykov asks.

"What was my mother's name?"

Dreykov leans back onto his desk, "Ah where we buried her there was a tree uh pink blossoms and there was a tombstone with her name engraved on it. What was her name? Ah Unknown."

Natasha's throat burns at the words, and she stares at Dreykov unable to understand how her family of assassins could feel so much and Dreykov felt nothing, "You don't feel anything? You feel anything when I killed your daughter?"

"Is this your haunted past? The reason you waited so long before going to find Kennedy?" Dreykov begins laughing, "Really?"

"Thank you, Natasha," he says as he stands, heading over to the person in the mask, "You gave me my greatest weapon. Say hello."

Natasha watches as the mask comes undone and is removed. There stands Dreykov's daughter, her face half-burned and a blank expression.

"When your bomb exploded, it nearly killed my Antonia," Dreykov states, "I had to put a chip in the back of her neck. Look at her. You find it difficult to look at her. I do. She watches everything and she can do it. She's a perfect mimic and she fights just like your friends."

Dreykov walks toward Natasha, "When I had Kennedy in my possession, I trained her. Worked her. She learned to fight like the most dangerous man on earth. The Winter Soldier."

Natasha's jaw clenches and Dreykov smiles.

"Every time I mention her, you react," Dreykov states, "Would you like to hear about what I did to her? How I tortured her, making her relive her memories. Tricking her into thinking that her mother was dead and that she was the killer. On the bridge, she was amazing. She would have killed you without hesitation. Your precious Kennedy, a killer. Your killer."

"And at the end of the day, you couldn't break her," Natasha states.

"That's what she wants you to believe," Dreykov states, "You may have cured her of the chemical alteration, but the work that I did on her, that will last for the rest of your lives."

He looks over at Antonia, "There are rats on the ship. Find them. And then find Kennedy. I want her to finish the job."

Antonia puts her mask on and heads out of the room and at that, Natasha whips out her pistol and aims it at Dreykov.

"Well, that was a mistake," Natasha says, "You just sent away the one thing that would stop me from killing you."

"Do it," Dreykov tells her, and Natasha does try, though she already knows she won't be able to do it. She wanted Dreykov to think she didn't know.

"Is the safety on?" he asks as he takes the gun from her and shoots it in the air, "No. Try your knife."

She does and once again she can't do anything with it.

"How are you controlling me?" Natasha asks.

"I'm not, well not yet," Dreykov says, "But there is a pheromonal lock. As long as you can smell me, you can't kill me."

Dreykov shakes his head as he goes behind his desk, "I'm really disappointed in Melina, it's a shame I'm going to have to kill her."

Kennedy hides behind a wall as a group of guards walks by before stepping out to hear a soft landing behind her. She turns to see Yelena there doing Natasha's signature pose.

"Are-are you posing right now?" Kennedy asks and Yelena straightens up instantly.

"I am not."

"You so are," Kennedy says with a smile, "Yelena, such a poser."

"Shut up," Yelena orders, "What are you doing down here?"

"Seeing the sights," Kennedy answers with a shrug.

Yelena stares at her, "You got lost."

"There were so many guards, and I didn't want to engage them," Kennedy replies.

"You know you're much stronger than them, right? And you know how to fight."

"I don't want to hurt anyone," Kennedy says softly, "And I know that's dumb-"

"It's not," Yelena tells her. She places her hand on both of Kennedy's shoulders and looks her in the eye, "You are a good person Kennedy. These people are not. If you knock a couple people out, I can assure you they probably deserve it. So, get it together, hit some people, and find Natasha."

"That was a surprisingly good pep talk," Kennedy says.

"I know," Yelena responds, "You would always give them to me."

Kennedy nods, "Good luck."

"You too," Yelena says.

Kennedy does end up knocking out a couple of the guards, muttering apologies as she steps over them before finding the elevator that leads to Dreykov's office. As soon as she steps out, she's hit with a wave of memories of being strapped down and her unwilling conversations with Dreykov.

However, she's taken out of that when she sees Dreykov kick Natasha. She aims her gun at Dreykov, a loud click sounding through the room. Both Dreykov and Natasha glance over at her.

"You'll find that I'm a much better shot when it comes to her," Kennedy states.

"You would kill me?" Dreykov asks, "And bloody up those resoundingly clean hands? I don't think so. Without me Kennedy, you are too weak to do anything."

"Maybe so," Kennedy says, as she lowers the gun, "How'd you do it?"

"What?"

Kennedy shrugs, "How'd you find me? How do you do anything that you do?"

Dreykov smiles at her, as he taps the console on his desk. A holographic map pulls up and Kennedy and Natasha both turn to look at it.

"This is my network of widows," Dreykov tells them, "One command and the stock market crashes. One command and a quarter of the world starves. My widows can start and end wars.

They can make and break kings. Finding you was no difficulty at all."

"You control all that from here?" Natasha asks.

"And with you, an Avenger under my control, I can finally come out of the shadows using the only natural resource that the world has too much of. Girls."

"All from that little console?" Natasha asks and Dreykov nods. Natasha looks over at Kennedy and a smile spreads across her lips.

"Oh, you find this amusing?" Dreykov asks.

Natasha walks toward Dreykov's desk, "Don't take it personal, but, uh thank you for your cooperation."

Dreykov glances at her confused and then at Kennedy.

"You weren't quite strong enough, so I'll have to finish it myself."

"What are you going to do?" Dreykov questions.

Natasha slams her head against the desk, making Kennedy wince at the sound.

"Sever the nerve," Natasha says as she reaches out and grabs the console. Dreykov tries to grab it, but Natasha punches him in the face. Kennedy is quick, pointing her gun at him as he lies on the ground. Suddenly alarms start going off, but Kennedy and Natasha stay focused on Dreykov.

"Not so talkative now are you?" Natasha asks as she sets the console down on the table and kicks him in the face.

"You took my childhood," Natasha says with another punch, "You took my choices and tried to break me."

She hits him again and then again and then again.

"You took the woman I love," Natasha says, hitting him again over and over. Kennedy knew that she should stop Natasha, but there was a part of her, a dark part that enjoyed what she was seeing.

"You laid your hands on her," Natasha says as she keeps punching, "You messed with her head. You tried to make her yours."

Natasha delivers another series of blows and Kennedy isn't even sure Dreykov's still moving after the last punch.

"You're never gonna do that again," Natasha says, as she pulls out a knife, "To anyone. I'll make sure of that."

The door opens and Kennedy quickly turns to see the army of widows. She instantly drops the gun, knowing that none of them were in control of their right mind and had no intention of harming any of them.

"Come on Winter Soldier training, don't fail me now," Kennedy mutters as she looks at the widows.

"No one leaves this room until the two of them are dead," Dreykov says as he tries to get to his feet but fails. Two widows instantly make their way over to help him.

"Yelena?" Kennedy says, "Could really use your presence right about now."

"I'm coming," Yelena tells her.

"You maybe want to hurry," Kennedy says as Natasha comes to her side. They look at one another and then back at the widows.

The widows lunge at them and Kennedy blocks a kick as she throws a widow to the ground, "I'm really sorry!"

Another widow comes at Kennedy, and she dodges her punch before kicking her in the chest, just as another widow comes lunging at her, taking Kennedy's feet from under her. She rolls to avoid an attack from another widow as there was nearly a punch in her face, but the widow was electrocuted. Kennedy looks over to see Natasha wink at her.

They fight the widows, but then they start to get overwhelmed by them.

Yelena comes in and sprays the dust and the widows stop. Natasha coughs as she grabs at her chest and Kennedy looks over at her, "Bruised ribs?"

"How'd you know?" Natasha asks as Kennedy goes over to help her up.

"I know you," she says as she throws her arms around her shoulder, "Good timing Yelena, could have been a little better."

"I thought you guys could handle it," Yelena says with a shrug.

"Totally crushed it," Natasha mutters and Kennedy smiles at her.

The widows, who had been under Dreykov's control, look at the three of them.

"What do we do now?" one of them asks.

"Get as far away from here as possible," Natasha tells them, "You get to make your own choices now."

The ship begins to shake, and Kennedy looks out the window to see a piece of metal falling.

"We need to find Dreykov," Yelena tells her.

"We need to get out of here," Kennedy states.

"We can do both," Natasha tells them, "You two go after him, I'll be right behind you."

Kennedy stares at her, "I'm not leaving you."

"Yeah, you are," Natasha orders. She takes Kennedy's hand, a small smile on her lips, "Don't worry, I'll come find you."

Kennedy's jaw clenches and Natasha leans in, kissing her on the lips. Not wanting the kiss to end, Kennedy grabs hold of Natasha's face, deepening the kiss. When they separate, Kennedy, rests her head on Natasha's.

"You need to reset your nose," Kennedy tells her.

Natasha smiles, "I love when you talk medical to me."

"Shut up," Kennedy says as she reaches out and resets Natasha's nose for her. Natasha scrunches it and Kennedy shakes her head.

"All of that was really gross," Yelena states and they both look over, laughing softly.

"Take care of her," Natasha states.

"I will," Yelena tells her.

"I was talking to Kennedy," Natasha says with a smirk.

"I hate you," Yelena says.

Natasha laughs, "Go, I've got this."

Yelena and Kennedy nod as they take off toward the landing deck. When they get there, Dreykov and his men are getting onto a jet and Yelena instantly takes off after it. Kennedy follows after her but slows when she realizes that Yelena is jumping on the jet.

"Yelena," Kennedy states.

"We have to end this," Yelena says as she climbs on it. Sighing, Kennedy climbs up after her. Yelena glances at her, "What are you doing?"

"I'm helping you kill Dreykov," Kennedy tells her.

"You don't have to do this," Yelena says.

"Yeah I do," Kennedy responds, "I can't let you fall alone."

Yelena stares at her and nods her head as she takes out her baton and hands the other end to Kennedy. She heads to the other wing and she gives Yelena a nod before jamming it into the propeller as Yelena does the same.

The jet explodes and the two of them are free falling and Kennedy closes her eyes as she plummets down to earth until she suddenly feels that she's not falling anymore. She opens her eyes to see Wanda on the back of the Quinjet.

"Trying to die on me, Kennedy?" Wanda asks as she uses her telekinetic powers and pulls Kennedy and Yelena into the back of the jet. She closes the door and checks on the two of them.

"Wait," Kennedy says, "If you're here, then-"

"Hey!" Anya says with a wave, "Turns out this thing is super easy to fly."

Reagan rushes over and hugs them both, "You guys lived! And Dreykov is dead! So is the Red Room! We're heroes!"

"Melina and Alexei?" Yelena asks.

"Escaped on another jet," Anya answers.

"Natasha?" Kennedy asks, "Did she get off?"

"We haven't heard from her yet," Wanda says softly, "But it's Natasha, I'm certain she's fine."

Kennedy swallows as she rises to her feet and makes her way to the front of the Quinjet to see the piece of metal falling from the Red Room. Unless Natasha was on a jet, she didn't see her surviving this.

"Nat?" Kennedy calls out on comms, "Natasha?"

There's nothing but silence.

"We need to go back," Kennedy says.

"There's nothing to go back to," Anya says softly.

"We can go look on the ground," Wanda suggests.

Anya nods her head as she lowers the jet to the ground, landing it. Kennedy runs out as she looks amongst the rubble for Natasha, terrified at what she might find.

"Natasha!" Kennedy shouts as she looks around, "Nat-"

Natasha appears in front of her holding her side. She lifts her hand in a wave and Kennedy lets out a sob as she runs over to hug her.

"Don't you ever fucking scare me like that again," Kennedy tells her.

"Yeah well, next time let's not blow-up jets with my little sister, hm?" Natasha says and Kennedy smiles at her, tears still streaming down her face.

"Shut up," Kennedy orders.

"You know," Natasha says, "Nearly dying puts a lot of things into perspective."

Kennedy raises an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Yeah," Natasha says with a smile and mischievous glint in green eyes, "Like I really want kids."

Kennedy laughs, "What are we, Callie and Arizona? We need a life-or-death situation to confirm something for us?"

"Yeah," Natasha says, "But for your info, I'm Arizona and you're Callie."

"Fair," Kennedy states.

"You're okay," Yelena says as she runs over and hugs Natasha. Soon Reagan, Wanda, and Anya run over, joining the embrace, which makes Natasha laugh.

Melina and Alexei come over, the latter supporting the former who was walking with a slight limp.

"Melina!" Reagan exclaims, "Can I hug you now?"

"You may," Melina tells her, and Reagan grins as she embraces her.

"Everyone okay?" Natasha asks.

"I am clearly injured," Melina tells them.

"I'll check that out for you, Melina," Kennedy says.

Natasha looks over at Alexei, "Do you have something to say?"

Alexei looks over at Kennedy who raises an eyebrow. He looks back at Yelena and Natasha, "I practiced this. I should have never let you girls go in Cuba. No cause was worth losing the two of you and for that, I will forever be sorry. It was real for me. All of it."

"All of it?" Yelena asks.

Alexei smiles at her, "All of it."

Anya smiles and Wanda throws an arm around her shoulder, hugging the girl close, "Nice flying skills. I see a pilot in your future if the whole journalist things doesn't work out."

Kennedy looks at Anya, a smile on her lips, "You want to be a journalist?"

Anya shrugs, "Yeah you know, pictures and writing seem fun to me."

"She also wants to be a skater girl," Reagan says, "Like she was a skater girl, she said see you later girl? Avril Lavigne?"

"We know," Wanda says, "It was just a lame reference."

"I liked it," Anya says with a shrug.

"So, uh we should probably leave," Reagan states, "Feds might come, and I cannot lose my position at Columbia."

"Should have thought of that before you decided to sneak along on this mission," Natasha says as she flicks Reagan in the forehead. The younger Allen sister rubs her forehead.

"Reagan Allen is a badass," Yelena says as she throws an arm around her shoulder, "No training. No powers. And yet she still came. That takes real bravery."

"Aww shucks," Reagan says, and everyone laughs.

"So where are we going now?" Anya asks as she laces her fingers with Wanda's hand that was hanging loosely around her shoulders. Finally free to dream, she looks at everyone, excitement in her young brown eyes as she awaits the answer.

Melina looks at Alexei and then Yelena, and lastly at Natasha.

"We're going home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 580 39
[Completed] *Not Edited* "Just like budapest?" "In other words we all remember budapest very differently!" "Don't you say it don't you say it!" "On y...
82.8K 2.2K 13
๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฆ | "ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ (ส/ษด) แดขแดสŸแดสœแดแด  ส€แด‡แดœษดษชแด›แด‡s แดกษชแด›สœ สœแด‡ส€ sษชsแด›แด‡ส€s." โง— ะฒฯƒฯƒะบ ฯƒฮทั” ฯƒฦ’ ั‚ะฝั” zฯƒโ„“ฯƒะฝฯƒฮฝ ั•ั”ัฮนั”ั• "๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™ง๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ช๐™จ ๐™–๏ฟฝ...
7.9K 160 15
A story of Y/n Stark, x natasha romanoff Y/n is a 23-year-old famous singer and actress. Y/n loves to do the things she knows; singing, acting, sl...
104K 3.1K 68
โ€ž ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ " โŽฏ In which your pasts and present haunts you and can never let go of it or ...