The Freak Next Door (Ranfren)

By coolbro872

You aren't very excited about having to move to Canada, but once you meet your neighbors life becomes much mo... More

part one.

part two

1K 39 18
By coolbro872

This house was much weirder than I expected. I trailed behind Luther, down a long carpeted hallway. The walls were lined with a maroon striped wallpaper and there was a college of painting, some showing Randal and two other boys as children. "Is it just you and Randal who live here?" I questioned. "No, my catmen live here also, I'll introduce you to them momentarily" Luther replied, continuing down the narrow hallway. After what felt like hours we took a turn and entered what seemed to be a living room. There were two battered old couches, and I plopped down on the one closet to me. "I'll get you your tea, wait here" said Luther as he scurried away. I opened up my bag and grabbed out my phone, and started to scroll through some messages when I felt something around my neck. I jolted sideways, and looked over to see Randal. "Jesus christ! You scared me!" I yelled. Randal didn't respond, he just giggled and placed his arm back around my shoulder. I was starting to get a bit uncomfortable, but I let it slide. Randal leaned closer and whispered in my ear, "Want to meet my dolls?" I gave him a strange look, Randal gets stranger every minute I speak to him. He yanked on my hand, pulling me up off of the couch and through a doorway.

I peered around the dark room, observing the contents. There was a coffin (what??), a wide bookshelf overflowing with knickknacks, a dresser, and a desk. The entire room was a mess. "This place is a pigsty" I muttered, stepping forwards. I looked at Randal and he looked a bit upset, I guess I hurt his feelings with the comment I made. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, it is a nice room" I said giving him a small smile. His face lit up "Good! I know it seems messy but I just have so many interesting things to show you!" I nodded and than felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out and read the notification. It was from my dad, telling me to come home for dinner. "Sorry dude, I have to go home. We can hang out later though?" I said making my way back down the long hall I came in. Randal nodded, his face in a grin and his cheeks all red. I waved back at him as I stepped out of the front door, and he hollered back at me. "Goodnight Y/N! Cya later!"

I made my way into my house and threw off my boots. I went into the dining room and sat besides my sister. "We're you at the neighbors house, Y/N?" my mom questioned. "Yup. There's a boy that lives there whose about my age, he's kinda weird." my parents nodded and carried on about some restaurant they wanted to go to. After eating, I went up to my room and flung myself onto my bed. I scrolled through social media, seeing posts of all my old friends together. The friends that ghosted me the second I moved away. I groaned, screw them. I got up and went into my bathroom, and started a shower. I threw off my clothing and climbed in, letting the warm water consume me. After I finished showering I put on some shorts and an oversized band tee and washed my face. I went back over to my bed and drifted off to sleep.

It had been a few days since my encounter with the Ivory's, and I was lounging in my room watching Netflix on my computer. All of a sudden I heard a bang on my window. I ran over, and saw Randal peering through. I opened up my window and he climbed into my room, leaving a trail of dirt from his shoes. He plopped down on a beanbag and smiled up at me. "Fancy seeing you here" he said with a giggle. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the floor next to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 8.2K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
928K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 30.1K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
149K 5.3K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...