𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐬

Oleh ellababyx

Academic Rivals to Lovers in a Boarding School ..... "You wanna know the really dumb meaning behind my name?"... Lebih Banyak

Quick Introduction
Aesthetics :)
Playlist...
01 - pilot
02 - hughes
03 - try
04 - pink
05 - hate
06 - blood
07 - deal
08 - zoo
09 - Iris
10 - winner
11 - baby
12 - lollipop
13 - facade
14 - need
15 - again
16 - sunrise
17 - home
18 - complain
19 - minute
20 - berrylium
21 - beg
22 - frustrating
23 - faulty
24 - strawberries
25 - french
26 - late
28 - eternity?
29 - airport
30 - hide
31 - science
32 - lifestyle
33 - ouch
34 - race
35 - contract
36 - earth
37 - speak now
38 - eternity.
Epilogue

27 - love

51K 1.8K 5.4K
Oleh ellababyx

Pls comment a bit more on this chapter, the last one was kinda disappointing :/// and not very motivational lol.
.....
Milas Pov

"You want to take a break? I fucking hate parties and the guys are all...frolicking, in the rain." Carter asks, pointing to Benny who was urging both Harrison and Rob to roll around and dance in puddles with him.

"Sure." This time I clasp my hand in his, he holds back from commenting on it, just this once.

I let go once we reach the dining area, away from the party and the music. There's a little jar of Kitkat bars in the center of the table that Robby buys, specifically for when I visit.

Carter passes me one and I happily munch on it while he takes a seat at the table, pulling me onto his lap after a couple seconds. "You have a good day?"

"Mhm, the girls convinced me to go to this." I refrain from groaning, I used to enjoy parties, just like Blair does, but now they're utterly boring.

"I hate parties too." He laces my hand through his, stretching them out and around my stomach.

"Hey Carter?" I feel a small kiss pressed into the back of my neck, letting the tingles spread throughout my body.

"Mhm."

"Would you save all your dirtiest jokes for me?" He bursts out laughing, then covers his mouth when he sees my face. "Oh, you're being serious?"

"Yes, I'm being serious. Let's say...oh, okay I have it. Say you're in training and...your hockey coach keeps telling you to go faster and faster. You would tell me about it later and we would laugh about it together, right?"

His face is very discouraging, but after a couple beats, he finally nods. Ha! Success.

"Yes, Emilia. I would—in fact—save all my dirtiest jokes, specifically for your dirty minded, eight year old boys brain." He adjusts the hair band I'm wearing and smiles.

"Happy?" He asks.

"Extremely." I remember asking him if he was happy once, and he said immensely. But I think extremely has more of an impact, to show him that I genuinely am.

"If you were in a room with Aladdin, Captain Hook and Prince charming, who would you fuck, marry and kill?" The question catches me off guard, yet I know my answers.

"Fuck Captain Hook, marry Aladdin and kill charming, I don't like prissy boys." He rolls his eyes but nods in agreement.

"Okay, your turn." I turn in his lap, leaning against the back of the chair with my legs across his as he props his head up on the table with his right hand, gazing up at me with those pretty hazel eyes.

"Cinderella, Pocahontas and Rapunzel, go." Just like me, it takes him no time to decide.

"Marry Pocahontas, fuck Cindy and kill Rapunzel, she's too prissy for me." I gasp, holding a hand to my heart. "Excuse me, many people have told me that I resemble Rapunzel, you incompetent shit."

"Marry Rapunzel, fuck Pocahontas and nighty nighty to Cindy, better?" Obviously not."No, try again."

He grins with me, twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "Fuck Emilia Violet, Marry Emilia Violet and kill for Emilia Violet. Better?" I smile and rest my head on his shoulder. "Much."

"Oo, I have a good one for you, okay?" I nod, awaiting his selection.

"Tiana, Elsa and Maleficent."

"That's such an easy one, baby, Marry my girl Ti, fuck Elsa, I just know she's wild and kill Maleficent. You?"

"The same as you, as long as it's like a threesome situation with Elsa and you, because I can't share my girl like that. My girl being Elsa, by the way." I roll my eyes.

"Ha ha, super funny." He's laughing to himself when a couple of the partygoers run through the dining room and come to a halt when seeing Carter and I.

Their eyes widen before they laugh. "What? Tell me before I lose my shit." I say it in a slightly patronizing voice so they know I don't have time for this shit.

A blonde girl shrinks behind some ginger guy who I'm assuming is her boyfriend. "C'mon Jerry, show her before she finds out from someone else."

Ginger bitc-Jerry, I mean Jerry, obviously, whips out his phone.

"Fine, but she's not gonna like it." The other three guys all hold their breath as Jerry extends his phone out to me, keeping a hefty distance between my fist and his face.

On the screen is a guy leading some girl into a room, lighting a couple candles while the woman's voice is off to the side, it's slurred and she's clearly drunk.

"I wanna fuck you." The guy pulls her into view, just the bottom half before leading her over to the bed.

And that's when my heart drops to my stomach. That's Tyler's jersey, that's my school skirt.

"C'mon baby, y'know you want to?" I cringe as the memories flood back. He pulls me on to the bed and slowly removes my clothing, my precious heels and then my school blazer.

It doesn't progress very far until a hand reaches out and snatches the phone off Jerry, throwing it on to the floor and smashing it into smithereens after Carter places me upright on the floor, holding an arm around my waist.

"Delete. It." Carter says quietly, holding Jerry by the collar. "Anyone who's seen it, give me their name and dorm number. Don't send this to anyone, don't even look at her."

The blonde girl all but runs away, although I could barely tell. Things are blurry, the kitchen—or was it the dinging room?—Everything is just...blurry.

I felt hot and sweaty, ripping off my cardigan and throwing it down on the table as Carter guides me out of the house. He places me on the front of his car as the rain pours through my freshly blow dried hair.

"I'll figure this out. We will figure this out, everything's gonna be fine." His consistent optimism makes me internally scream.

"Carter! This won't be fine!" He shivers when I finally speak. "I'm ruined! You hear me? Ruined, oh god my mother. This-this cannot happen." I walk away from him, running a hand through my sopping hair.

This isn't happening. This isn't happening. This isn't happening. This isn't happening.

"I'll deal with it, stay here." I turn around and grab on to his arm. "You're not killing him."

He shrugs his arm away, staring at me with flames burning behind his eyes. "Shut up, Mila, just sit here I swear to god."

"Carter! Don't you fucking dare kill him." I cling to his arm, pulling him back towards me but he's too far gone, whether it's the rain or the energy around us, everything is off.

People saw me have sex.
No, no, people saw me have drunk sex.

"I'll deal with it, Mila." He says it in more of a certain tone now, like nothing and no one could stop him.

"Shut the fuck up, Carter. No you won't! I don't want another death on my hands." He still seems adamant on his murdering spree, until I know what to say. "Please."

That's when I know I have him, he takes out his own phone and makes two calls, one to my mother and one to his father. He mentions a tape of sorts to the both of them, refraining from adding any details.

"It'll be wiped from the internet by morning, get in the car." It was an order, not a question and definitely not up for debate.

"Take that." He passes me an old jumper of his when we're sat in the car, for once, I put it over my pretty white dress that's already ruined from the rain.

"Wait- can you drive?" My heart drops to my stomach.

What?

"Why...?" Carter squeezes his eyes shut before looking over to me. "Mila, just listen to me, for once."

'I promise, I'm sober.'

He avoids my eyes as I get into the drivers seat, looking straight ahead and fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

I start the car and drive, not to anywhere in particular, just drive. I didn't even realize I was crying until Carters hand grabbed mine, resting them on my leg as I drove with the other hand.

"You promised me." His head drops to his lap, rubbing across his jaw with his free hand. "It was in moderation."

Moderation my ass.

"I begged you to not drink, pleaded you." Carter shakes his head, rolling down the window to let some fresh air into the car.

"That's not fucking true, you asked me not to and I couldn't give it up, just like that." ouch.

"Why not, Carter? I'm here now. I'm always gonna be here." I've never felt so confident in something I've said for so long.

I'm in this with him, no matter how long it takes. "C'mon, Mila, you haven't cared about me for a long time, let's not pretend that you do after everything that's happened."

I stop the car, pulling into the side of the road and turning my body to face him. "That's not fair. Do you need to be reminded of who found you the other week!? Hm?"

His face drops and squeezes my hand slightly tighter, neither of us letting go.

"Yeah, I didn't care when Blair called me, in tears about her brother not answering his phone. Then I didn't care after seeing you on the floor with a bottle of alcohol, right?"

He gets out of the car and I follow him, even though he tries to walk away. "Then I didn't care, just a little bit more when I professed my entire heart and soul to you while you lay unconscious on my stomach, you following?"

"Mila. Please don't."

His face is so hard to read, I can't tell what he remembers and what he doesn't. "I cried in the ambulance, didn't care, sobbed in the hospital bathrooms because god forbid I let your mother down! Didn't care then either, I slow danced with you in a fucking hospital room, what about that!?"

I don't know when I started yelling, but it felt good to get it out. "Mila, please, stop. I need to think."

"Carter, I'm tired of this, I'm tired of whatever the hell we're doing, so let's just call it." I didn't mean that, but if giving him space for him to get sober is what he needed, then I'm willing to do that.

"No. No. You don't get to decide that, because I- ugh. Jesus woman..."

My heart thumps loud in my chest, over and over and over. "Mila...God, how oblivious does one have to be? Cant you see that I'm in love with you?!"

Thump thump thump thump

Carter Crawford loves me. Someone loves you. You're loved by someone, for real.

"You what? You love me?" His mouth slams shut and I continue, although I shouldn't. "Well that's too damn fucking bad, because I love yo-"

"Shut up, christ, just be quiet, don't say it back. Then you have to commit to me and I don't think you can do that."

"I don't care! You don't get to decide when and why I'm not ready for a relationship! Carter Crawfo-"

He starts fucking laughing, like an idiot. Can he not see what I'm trying to tell him here.

"I... Love-" Then his hand hovers in front of my face. "No. Mila. Nuh-uh. Contain yourself, don't say it."

"I. Love. You." I yell back as the rain that streams down my face mixes with whatever tears fall from my eyes.

"Shit." He says quietly, still smiling while staring at my dress that clung to me like a second skin. "Shit."

"You're so fucking annoying." I yell and turn back towards the car, but I don't get far before Carter grabs my arm and pulls my mouth to his.

"You're more annoying." I hear him mutter against my lips as I jump into his arms, letting my tongue tangle with his. He's such an asshole—an asshole that I'm kissing—but still an asshole.

He pushes me against the front of his car, balancing me on the bonnet like earlier, except this time? It's raining heavier and we're on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.

"I'll work on it." Carter whispers against my neck as he sucks on my skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps in his wake.

I don't need to ask what he means, he'll work on getting sober, for me.

"I wanna go." I whisper and his eyes open and raise to mine. "Where? I'll take you."

I say, "Surprise me." And so he does, he tells me nothing after leading me back to the car, taking me to the airport, buying a couple KitKats for the journey and a bottle of water to share, because that's something we can do now, apparently...

Before I know it, Carter is ordering me a glass of champagne from the stewardess who has been walking up and down the center of the jet.

Somehow, he managed to get a private jet within the click of his fingers. Again, I'm not one to question it.

I'm sitting up in my seat while reading the magazines supplied and taking small sips of my champagne, I sneak glances at Carter every once in a while, covering my smile behind the latest gossip pages.

A couple seconds pass by until he speaks "Mila? What if we're like...bread?"

I'm sorry? Did I say I loved this guy earlier?

"Expand, please." He puts down his book and reclines his seat backwards.

"What if our...love, is like bread. When it's fresh, it's perfect and amazing. But then over time, it goes all...stale." Oh christ.

"So, let me get this straight...you're saying that we-" I point to him and then me. "-have the kind of love with an expiration date."

He tries to recover from comparing us to a piece of stale fucking bread, but I stop him before he gets too far. "Carter, baby. Shut up."

"You're hot." He says back, as if that fixes whatever the fuck he just said about us.

He perched his head on the arm of his chair and watches me for the rest of the flight, looking at me as if trying to read my mind. The only thing it said right now, was...

Trust him.

We got off an hour later, then got a taxi away from the airport. I still hadn't a clue where we were going, but for some weird reason, I just didn't care.

After another ten minutes in the taxi, Carter spoke again. "What would our trope be?" I giggled at his question. "Unrequited love?" I muse, just to get a rise out of him.

He whacks a magazine over my head as I continue to laugh at my joke. "Kidding, swear." I put my hand on my heart to prove it.

"Enemies to lovers?" He suggests and I shake my head. "We were never enemies, just strongly disliked each other."

"Oh, I have it. You ready for this?" I nod, turning around so my back is to the car door and my legs lay across Carters.

"Rivals to lovers." Bullshit. "No, you're wrong. Academic rivals to lovers. That's a key detail."

He grins from ear to ear while tracing a finger up and down the skin just above my knee. "Sorry, love, both people in the couple have to be academically smart for that to make sense."

He's just so sweet with me, not.

"Awh Carter, not all of us can relate to being ragingly stupid, what a tough little life you must live. All alone in your stupidity." He rolls his eyes, pulling my hand to his mouth and kissing my knuckles.

"Oh god, wait. Carter...? What if we are like, 'he loved too early and she loved too late.' What then!? Hm?" Although I made a great point, he seems unconvinced.

"I did not love too early! That's diminishing my feelings. You weren't there so how would you know, hm?" He narrows his eyes at me, "I promise you, Emilia, whenever I began loving you was the correct time, just trust me on that, if anything."

I do, god I trust him.

I tease him about it for a couple more minutes, because knowing that he's obsessed with me now and has been for a while, makes my heart warm.

"I'm not ashamed of my obsession at all. Plus, everyone is obsessed with you. If anything, you're the one that's obsessed with me." My mouth drops open and he nods.

"Mhm. You have all these boys—and girls—after you, and you chose me. So basically, I'm superior." I hold a finger up to his face.

"If only your dick-" I look down to his lap. "-was half as big as your ego." This time his mouth drops open.

"Oh, you are so paying for that later." He taunts, but I know who wears the pants in this relationship.

"We can take turns punishing each other." I casually suggest as his eyes turn dark, leaning his body closer to mine.

I could feel him breathing in and out, could feel each intake of breath below my ear, my head turned towards the separator that blocked us off from the driver.

He nudged my chin to face him with his pointer finger and thumb. "Oh yeah?"

There was a moment where my body screamed and ached for me to kiss him, touch him, make the grass a bit greener for a split second.

We held each other's gaze. My breath quickened, one move and my lips would be on his. I was so close to breaking before he pulled away.

"That was so easy, c'mon Mila. You're no fun when your guard is down." Asshole.

I ignore him and get out of the car when it stops in front of a building. Park Tower was displayed on the sign just above the entrance.

Carter got out a minute later, paying the valet a good tip and leading me right through reception. "Hello? We have to check in?"

"Nah, I'm a regular, they know me." Right, of course. Because everyone visits expensive hotels and become regulars? Of course?

"I don't even have any clothes, you never let me get any outfits. I miss my Prada ca-" He shushes me, like straight up shushes me. Just like an old lady in a library that's had one too many cigarettes.

"If you say your Prada cardigan, I will lose it." I abide by his order and let him whisk me away, we go up many floors of the hotel before reaching the penthouse.

"We can go shopping tomorrow, but the activities I have planned for this evening, don't really require clothes." He whispers into my ear, using a keycard to unlock the door.

"Oh yeah? What's your plans for this evening Mr Crawford?" I tease, pulling him into the room by his tie.

"Ah, Ms Violet. What an insightful question! Well...I was thinking about spending it in between your legs, if that's alright with you?" He raised his eyebrows and I smile a stupid one.

"Wow, Mr Crawford. You seem to have lost your mind on the plane here, hm baby?" I know he gets flustered when I call him baby, so doing it constantly brings me an insane amount of joy.

"Well, Ms Violet, you'll be pleased to know that I hope to never find it again." We make it into the bedroom somehow and I push him onto the bed.

His jacket is shrugged off and he loosens his tie for me. "I figured it out." I whisper quietly against his neck, licking and teasing the sensitive spots.

"What's that, Emilia?" Emilia. God, I love the way he says that.

"We're the 'one bed trope'." He rolls his eyes—again—and throws his head back laughing.

"See, this is why I love you." I kiss him for that, because it was pretty damn cute. "-Most of the time anyway." And that's when I lift my fist to his face.

He grins and catches it before I can punch him for the fourth time of knowing him. "Never knew you liked it rough, how interesting..."

I don't get a chance to protest before he picks me up off the ground and drops me on to the bed where he was sitting. "Let me show you, just..."

He kisses my forehead. "-The way..." He kisses my mouth. "-I..." He kisses down my neck. "Like..." He kisses in between my cleavage.

"It." He drags out that last sentence for eternity, kissing me everywhere.

.....
Authors Note

I know this is early, but I can't help it. I love them I love them. I'm #teamclia! It has me cackling that people thought it was teamclit. So as our inside joke, it's team clit *heart eyes*

Opinions on chapter ;) - Make sure to vote my clicking the star in the bottom left corner!

Lots of Love Babies, mommy el <3

Words - 3573
Date - 22/06/22
Reads - 529K (+40K)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

392 29 5
"If they're getting married does that mean she'll have his kids? I roll my eyes at the thought. 5 Kids, me and hers that was supposed to be the plan...
34.8K 1K 31
***MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY*** Excerpt: "Haven't you ever done something you shouldn't, just because you wanted to?" He's close enough now that I can f...
3.1K 100 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
21.1K 568 18
"𝐂𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐮𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢, 𝐦𝐢𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚." "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?" "𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧." "𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢�...