Saved (Book 2 of Save)

By AngAuthorNaUlyanin

Will Lesley succeed this time? Disclaimer: - Not affiliated with MLBB/Moonton - Fanart for the book cover is... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Seventeen

572 14 120
By AngAuthorNaUlyanin

"Weren't you worried? My locket lighted up few weeks ago." Rita Paxley asked them while they were having their tea in their garden.

"A bit but I know she's now safe." Kimberly answered after sipping her tea.

The Vances were visiting the Paxley household. They were plotting their own plans for the upcoming war with the Dark Abyss.

"I'm really amazed with your magic abilities up until now." Rita shook her head lightly.

Kimberly chuckled, "Don't be. Being a Magus is a blessing and a curse."

That made her husband clenched his jaw. He knew what his wife meant with that. But their friends didn't know that.

"You're hiding something." Rita pointed and narrowed her eyes to Kimberly.

"I am." Kimberly said while still chuckling, there was no point on denying since Rita had this unbelievable instincts. "But I won't tell you." She stuck her tongue out.

"Goodness Kimberly, how old are you? Five?" Rita said while rolling her eyes.

"So, you're saying your son Gusion is also five?" Kimberly said.

Rita and Gregory were dumbfounded with what she said— confused on what she meant.

"I'm getting scared of you." Gregory blurted, "Now I can fully understand why Herald can't win against you."

"She's not scary." Herald said, "Only terrifying." He joked which earned a pinch on his arm from his wife.

"I love you, goddess." Herald said to his wife who was still glaring at him.

Kimberly scoffed at him but smiled afterwards.

Rita sighed then smiled while shaking her head lightly. She might been friends with her a little late compare to when she became friends with Ainsley, but she knew that Kimberly could do anything in her power to help them and keep them safe.

But she couldn't help it but to get anxious with what Kimberly had said earlier. She could feel that there was something more behind those words: blessing and a curse.

Whisking away her thoughts, Rita said, "Anyway, what will be our plan? I'm pretty sure Lesley is with my hardheaded son as we speak now."

That made Herald frowned, "As much as I hate that thought, but I agree."

Gregory chuckled, "Don't be too strict, Herald. Gusion is my son, you don't have to worry."

"And basically, Lesley is like a daughter to us too." Rita added.

"Yeah, so my daughter and Gusion are like siblings. No one is worthy enough of Lesley." Herald said with grim expression.

"Les and Gus aren't really close before, in case you have forgotten." Gregory said, "Among the times she went here with you and Lexander, she only talked once to my children and that was Gusset."

"Yes, because she asked where the bathroom is." Herald contradicted. He was clearly displeased by the thought of her adoptive daughter being taken away from them.

"Kim told me that Lesley was blushing when she asked her about Gusset before." Rita said, trying to piss Herald more.

With that, Herald was really frowning now, "Are you matching up Lesley with Gusset or with Gusion?"

That made the Paxleys, as well as Kimberly, laughed at his exasperation.

"With Gusion, of course!" Both of them said.

"He might be hardheaded, but he has my genes. It's in our blood to fully devoted our life to the ones we love." Gregory said, "You know what I meant."

Herald remained silent as he remembered what happened before. All of Gregory's sacrifices just for Rita.

Herald scoffed making them chuckled. They already knew that he lost the argument.

"And as part of our help to the empire, we already sent Gusset with the mages as additional force to the Regina Household. It's only a must that he help his fiancé." Rita added.

Kimberly dropped a light kiss on her husband's cheek to console him before nodding to the Paxleys, "Going back to the main topic, let me discuss the plan." She said as she gently motioned her hand, revealing a set of magical figures— like what a modern hologram could do— on the table.

=====

"Smells good!" Harley exclaimed as he entered the kitchen, "I miss your cooking, Sis!"

Lesley chuckled as she dropped a kiss on Harley's hair, "I bet you do. I think you lost some weight, baby brother."

The mage genius pouted and sat on the chair, "None of those food taste delicious as your cooking, Sis. I just eat to survive for the past months."

"Yeah, I agree." A voice interrupted the siblings.

Harley rolled his eyes upon recognizing that voice and there they saw Gusion also entered the kitchen.

Ignoring Harley's glares, Gusion still went to Lesley to kiss her in the cheek and hugged her from the back.

"I said stop being so clingy with my sister!" Harley reprimanded and threw one card towards Gusion, but the the latter simply caught the card between his two fingers.

Gusion didn't speak but just hugged her tighter to piss Harley more. He even had the audacity to stuck out his tongue towards him.

Lesley shook her head a little. She had a feeling that this would be their routine starting now. They were already giving her a headache and it was just for few minutes when Gusion entered the kitchen.

She slightly elbowed Gusion's stomach making the latter winced, "Sit there beside Harley— and behave, love." She added when she saw Gusion was about to protest.

Both Gusion and Harley gaped at her. Harley pouted after few seconds but Gusion seemed to stop working. His mouth would open and close alternately— as if he couldn't find his voice to speak. He even sat on the chair beside Harley absentmindedly.

That made Lesley chuckled and went back to what she was cooking. When she looked back, Gusion still looked shocked.

"You look like a retard." Harley commented to Gusion while crossing his arms.

"I- I—" Gusion blinked multiple times to compose himself before he looked at her, "Damn, love. Don't surprise me like that. You'll be the death of me."

"Oh, really? Go on Sis, surprise him more so he could die early." Harley told her.

"I'll die happy." Gusion rebut.

"At least you'll die early and my sister can find another man—"

"Not gonna happen, little brat." Gusion said in a serious tone, "Not gonna happen."

Harley was slightly taken aback before he scoffed at him. He knew to himself that Gusion would do anything for his sister— he witnessed that during the past few months. He was impulsive but he kept his sister safe no matter what.

But I won't give my blessings that easily, stupid goose. Harley thought. No one is worthy enough for my sister.

Lesley turned to them, placing her left hand to her waist, "Okay, that's enough kids. Behave or no food for both of you."

Both Gusion and Harley clamped their lips and sat properly on their chairs which made her chuckled and went back to what she was cooking.

"Oh wow, I think I can finally eat a real food this time aside from onigiri." Hanabi commented as she entered the kitchen with Angela and Grock.

"Of course, my sister is the best cook in the world!" Harley said proudly.

Lesley smiled while preparing the food on the table. Gusion helped her with the utensils.

He leaned it a bit to her, "I agree with Harley."

Lesley rolled her eyes, "There are many better cook than me. You just miss the taste of my cooking."

Gusion chuckled, "Yes, I miss your cooking and I miss your taste too."

Her eyes widened as she felt her blood rushed to her cheeks, "Gusion!" She silently reprimanded her and pinched his arm but he avoided it.

He laughed at her, "What I mean is I miss the taste of the food you make. What are you thinking, love?"

She looked at him with narrowed eyes. She clearly heard what he said earlier.

That made Gusion laughed louder and pecked her lips quickly— as if he didn't mind if Harley was just around them.

He smiled goofily before going to the table to place the utensils. She rolled her eyes and followed him.

Gusion sat on her left on purpose while Harley sat on her right side. Though the latter was eyeing him as if he knew he would do something to his sister.

Gusion just ignored and acted like he didn't notice the little brat. He pretended to fix something on his lap but he sneakily reached for Lesley's left hand to hold it for seconds before letting go and picked up his own set of utensils.

That made Lesley looked at him for few seconds before she smiled a little and shook her head when she saw that he looked like he didn't do anything. She realized what he had in mind.

Throughout the meal, if Gusion wasn't sneakily holding her left hand for second, he would either placed his hand on her thigh or knee then she would pat his hand gently, making him smile like a lovesick puppy.

Harley was looking at them suspiciously but Gusion was ignoring him.

Lesley noticed that Grock was sitting behind Harley,

"Grock, are you okay?" She asked him.

Grock nodded once, the blue light in his eyes were slowly fading, "Grock likes sleeping." He said in his big voice.

Omg, so cute! Lesley thought while smiling. She nodded to the ancient rock as the light in his eyes disappeared, indicating that he was already asleep.

"He's so cute." Lesley whispered which everyone heard except for the sleeping ancient rock.

Gusion nodded, "He is searching for his guardians actually. He is already alone, love. And we don't have any idea where to find his guardians."

That saddened Lesley, "That's sad."

"I'm thinking if we can't find the guardians he was talking about, we will bring him to the Castle Grandrock. Maybe Mom knows a thing or two about Grock's race." Harley said.

"You're close to him." Lesley commented.

Harley nodded, "I am. He's a giant literally but he is the kindest among us. He wants to be friends with everyone."

"And that's very cute. Despite being a rock, he is really a softie." Lesley agreed. "Anyway, is there a market nearby or place where we can get some resources? I noticed that your stocks are running out."

"There's a nearby town, Miss Lesley. I can buy the things you need just give me the list." Angela answered.

"Oh no, I want to buy them myself. It will be too much for you to carry those." Lesley said.

Everyone became quiet after she said that and she had a hunch on why.

"You all really let her alone to buy groceries?" Lesley asked, her voice slightly raising.

"Well..." Gusion laughed awkwardly, "She always volunteers when it comes to chores. I was busy following you, Harley was improving the chemicals, Hanabi was gathering information, and Grock guards the hideout."

Lesley shooked her head, "Even so, at least one of you can accompany her. I cannot imagine Anj carrying all of the grocery bags. Not to mention you are five in the squad."
(A/N: Anj pronounce as ənj, or shorter than Angie.)

"I'll go with you." Hanabi volunteered.

"Me too." Gusion and Harley said at the same time, making them glared at each other.

Lesley sighed, "Alright, finish your foods and we'll go to the nearby town."

After they finished their food— and a miracle happened since Gusion volunteered to was the dishes— they prepared to go to the nearby town.

Lesley woke up Grock a little just to tell him that they would be going to the next town to buy some foods. She didn't want to leave without noticing him. She remembered what they told her earlier that when his guardians went missing, he woke up alone.

And that broke her heart. It must be painful to be left alone. She was still fortunate since she had her adoptive family when her parents died.

Gusion was about to hop in their squad's vehicle when Lesley cleared her throat.

"We are not using that. Remember that VENOM squad is still on the wanted list." Lesley said while crossing her arms.

"Right." Gusion said and hopped down the vehicle.

"Really stupid." Harley scoffed.

"Whatever, wolfi." Gusion rolled his eyes as he walked towards her.

"I know what wolfi means." She narrowed her eyes at him.

Gusion just laughed and tapped the tip of her nose using his forefinger.

"You read a lot, Miss Lesley." Angela commented as they started walking.

Lesley smiled at the android, "Just call me Lesley, Anj. Or big sis. Just remove the Miss."

Angela excitedly gave her a brief hug with what she said.

"But what does it mean really?" Hanabi asked, "I'm still wondering why your little brother was pissed whenever our leader calls him that."

"Wolfi is the smallest octopus species." Lesley answered, "You already know why it pissed Harley."

Hanabi's mouth formed an 'o' upon knowing why. She even nodded a few times.

After almost an hour of walking, with a nonstop banter from Gusion and Harley like they weren't getting tired and wasting energy, they arrived at the town at last.

It should be just her who would buy groceries but the rest of them insisted that they would be coming with her. Good thing they were wearing cloaks or else someone might see them.

When they were paying the groceries, she noticed that the cashier was looking at her brooch a few times and looked like she wanted to ask something.

"Yes? You look like you want to ask something." Lesley smiled at the woman.

The woman seemed shocked before she smiled awkwardly, "Nothing, Miss. The symbol on your brooch is familiar."

"Oh." Lesley reacted, "How did you say so?"

"My husband is from Archer City, he served there as a guard for the marquess family of that city. I saw that symbol in his uniform."

Lesley bit her inner cheek and just gave the woman a smile, not wanting to share any information that she was a member of that marquess family.

It was not that she was ashamed, who would be? She just didn't want to brag that she was a noble.

Before Lesley could pay, Gusion quickly handled the woman a bag of gold as a payment then grabbed the bags.

They started walking back to the lab with Gusion and Harley's endless banters.

"For the love of God, stop fighting you two or I won't talk to you for a month." Lesley reprimanded them, her head was flicking.

Both of them shut up at the same time but she could still see the glares they were throwing to one another. She sighed in defeat as they were hopeless.

After a few moment of silence, Lesley felt that everything slowed down as she felt something strange.

She slowly looked back but Gusion already grabbed her and they fell sidewards as she heard a couple of slashes of a sword, destroying a part of land in circle where they were walking earlier.

"Love, are you okay?" She heard Gusion asked.

Shocked from what happened, Lesley just nodded then looked around and saw that Harley had saved Angela while she saw Hanabi on the other side— her eyes were blazing in anger above.

She followed her gaze and saw a soul-like creature— there was a faint string or smoke or something that came from somewhere.

"Are you the ones who took her?" The dark soul-like creature asked.

Her? Lesley thought. He knows Hanabi?

"What are you doing here?" Hanabi asked, emphasizing every word.

The dark soul-like creature went down on Hanabi's level.

They thought he would attacked her so they grabbed their weapons but then an umbrella appeared in front of Hanabi.

"Hana!"

A girl wearing kimono appeared and held the umbrella with a man beside her. He looked like a ninja. They both stood in front of Hanabi, protecting her.

The dark soul-like creature laughed evilly as they saw a body fused with it. He was exuding a very dark aura.

"What are you two doing here?" Hanabi asked the two newcomers.

"To protect you, of course! We heard from Her Highness that you were taken by some mad scientist." The white-haired cute girl answered.

Lesley's eyes widened. Sil already asked for alliance in the Scarlet-Shadow Sect?

"Are you hurt?" The ninja man asked.

Lesley saw that Hanabi's eyes were unsettled before she avoided his gaze, "Why do you care? I sensed him before his attack."

The ninja man just nodded before he turned to the umbrella girl.

Lesley narrowed her eyes as she remembered Hanabi's words that night.

Don't tell me—

"What are you doing here? I would understand Kagura and Hayabusa following me but not you, Hanzo." Hanabi asked the dark-like creature.

The dark-like creature named Hanzo shrugged, "Same reason as them?"

Hanabi became confused, "Yet you attacked us?"

"Because I thought they are the ones who took you." Hanzo answered.

That made Lesley gasped as she put her hands on her mouth to silence herself.

Gusion looked at her, "What is it, love?"

She leaned over and gestured him to come closer so she could whisper to him, "This is a top tier kind of love triangle— or square since they are four!"

Gusion gave her a weird look for he didn't understand what she meant but Lesley just giggled cutely.

He sighed and pinched her cheek lightly, "Be thankful you're cute and I love you."

"How about stop being so cheesy and clingy to my sister?" Harley butt in.

Lesley just sighed before she looked at the newcomers from Scarlet-Shadow Fact, "How about we go somewhere else and talk to clear misunderstandings here?"

~~~~~

Cut since I don't know what to write next HAHAHAHAHA. Charot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 53.2K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
379K 18.3K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
928K 56.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
136K 3.7K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...