The Criminal Who Fell For The...

Autorstwa friendlyfanperson

Y/N is Zemo's psychologist who was sent in by T'Challa to help him and keep a watch on him after the incident... Więcej

The favor that led to the meeting
A closed book and a missing key
An unexpected change of character
A forced goodbye
The empty space inside a lonely heart
And with the blink of an eye, you are back
5 months with you fixing 5 years without you
An unexpected call
A fake not so fake love

Two broken hearts make one

571 25 61
Autorstwa friendlyfanperson

Y/n's POV

"Wakey wakey it's time to wake up!" I hear Princess say, I move covering my ears with my pillows.

"Come on Y/N it's already 9:00 am, I let you sleep later because you don't have work this week either but you still need to wake up at a decent tim-"

"I get it, I get it, I'll get up," I say tired, standing up from the bed slowly.

"So...you finally talked to Zemo, like I told you to," Princess says proudly.

"Technically he called me, but yes" I add standing up and heading to the bathroom, I brush my teeth, take a shower and then go back into my room to change.

"What did you two talk about?" I go to my tablet and see Shuri on the screen.

"Seriously Shuri?"

"What? Princess told me there was something going on between you and Zemo so I wanted to know what was happening" She explains.

"Nothing is going on between Zemo and me, he just called, and I picked up" I explain as I change into my clothes.

"That's such a lie, you definitely like him," Shuri said, I look at her confused. Why in the world would Shuri think that I like Zemo?

"Don't you hate the guy? I swear you weren't happy about the idea of me being his psychologist before" I ask her, for very obvious reasons, I wouldn't blame her if she did hate him, after all, he killed her father, and it would probably be something she could never forgive.

"I don't hate him, but I'll never forgive him for what he did. Anyway that's beyond the point you are trying to move away from my question, do you like him yes or no?"

"No..." I tell her rolling my eyes as I grab my tablet and walk to the kitchen.

"You are such a bad liar y/n, how do you work for Fury?" She asks sarcastically.

There's a knock on my door and I walk towards it, I open it and see a man with a package, it's not like the usual packages given it has big holes on the sides and I think to myself whether I ordered something recently.

"Package for Y/n L/n?" He asks.

"Oh, I didn't order anything" I explain to him.

"I was told it was a present," He said, I sign the paper and take the package thanking him.

"What is it?" Shuri asks me as I close the door.

"I don't know but there is a letter stuck to the package" I take the letter and open it seeing that it is addressed to me.

~~~

Dear Y/n,

I know that you being back after dying for 5 years has been extremely hard, as well as losing people dear to you, so I wanted to give you something as a way to thank you for everything you have done so far and also because you're very important to me, I was able to send you this with the help of one of the guards, I hope you like it and it keeps you company during your free time.

With love,
Zemo.

Ps. She's a girl

~~~

I smile as I read the letter and carefully place it back where it was.

"What does it say?" Shuri asks me, I take a picture of it and send it to her, "Omg that's so sweet! Open it I want to see what's inside!" She says excitedly.

I carefully open the box and as I do a 'meow' sound comes from it, I look down at the box shocked as I see a small kitty looking up at me.

"Oh my god, it's a kitty," I tell Shuri, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Move the camera I want to see it!" I take the tablet and change the camera so that it is now focusing on the cat, "Oh she's so cute! What are you going to name her?" She asks me.

"I think I'm going to call her Natty," I say picking up the small cat carefully.

"Oh because of Miss. Romanoff?" Shuri asks me and I nod.

"Anyway back to the main topic, I'm not lying, at least not entirely. I kind of liked him before the whole 'being dead thing" I start explaining to Shuri, "But you know coming back to life after 5 years, trying to get my shit together and all that as well as losing people has been a lot, and I don't know if I have time or if I am in the right mental stability to like someone"

"So you like him..." I sigh seeing that there's no way Shuri is leaving me alone without a yes or no answer.

"A bit I guess?" I tell her looking for something to make for breakfast, Natty still in my arms.

"I knew it! I'm always right about things and I was right about you liking Zemo!" She says excitedly through the screen, "So what are you going to do about it?" She asks.

"Probably nothing, I mean the man lost his wife and kids to an attack as well as his country, I don't think he wants to love someone after that," I tell her grabbing some bread to make myself a sandwich.

"Well, what if he does want to love someone after that, what if he is willing to heal in order to love someone? What would you do if that someone is you? Are you willing to heal as well and let someone love you?"

I go to respond but my phone starts ringing, I take it out and see it's Bucky calling me, "Hey Shuri I need to take this call but we'll talk later okay?" I tell her.

"Alright, but you're not escaping this conversation," She says before ending the call.

I chuckled shaking my head and answering Bucky's call, "Hey Y/n here, everything okay?" I ask him.

"Yes everything is doing just fine, we need your help with something though" He explains.

"Who's we?" I ask.

"Sam and I, this new superhuman rebel group showed up and I think Zemo might know something about it, could you give me authorisation to talk to him?"

I look down at my Natty confused, Zemo being behind some superhuman group? Sounds almost impossible. He has been on his cell for the past 6 years, he isn't let out due to the threat level he was put at, not only that he has never given signs of plotting something so I doubt he has anything to do with Bucky's group.

"There's no way he's involved," I tell him.

"I'm not saying he is but he might know something that could help us" He explains, I sigh hating the idea of Bucky and Zemo seeing each other again.

"I'll go with you though"
"Oh no, no way. I know you worry about me-"
"And him" I point out.
"And Zemo, but we'll be fine, you said yourself that he had improved a lot, nothing bad will happen I just need some information," He says, I think for a moment before giving in to his idea.
"Fine, but I'll be around the area, if anything happens call me immediately understand?"
"You're the boss doctor, alright I'll be heading to the correctional facility then"
"I'll call them now then to let them know you're going, and please be patient with him okay Buck?"
"I'll try to"

I end my call with Bucky and eat my breakfast, I carefully lay Natty down on the floor and I look online to see what food I might be able to give her until I can get some cat food. I find that giving them fish or meat is good so I look in my fridge for some fish and find tuna there, I take it out and place it in a bowl giving it to Natty.

I do not trust Zemo and Bucky being alone in one room one bit so I brush my teeth, grab my bag, take Princess and leave my apartment heading to a park that's near the correctional facility, I need to be sure to stay close to the area in case I get a call from Bucky and I have to help him or Zemo out.

I can't take Natty with me as she seems too small to go out so instead I close all wide windows and wait for her to be asleep before heading out.

I grab my phone and call Zemo as I walk out of my house wanting to thank him.

"It's Y/n L/n here can I please get Baron Zemo on the phone?" I ask one of the guards who re-directs the call to him.

"Hello," He says taking the call.

"Zemo is Y/n, I just wanted to call you so I could thank you for the present, she is really cute, you didn't have to go through all that trouble," I tell him.

"It was no issue really, I'm happy you liked her, may I ask what you named her?"

"Natty, after a friend of mine who passed away" I explain to him.

"Well that's a very nice name, I like it a lot," He says.

"It is, also I just wanted to let you know that you'll get a visitor in a couple of minutes I'd say, if anything happens just give me a call okay, it should be fine you know him," I tell Zemo so he isn't taken by surprised when seeing Bucky.

"I see, thank you for telling me, I believe he has arrived so I must go, I'll see you later Y/n"

"See you Zemo," I say ending the call.

I take a metro to the park and once I arrive there I take a seat on one of the benches and take out Princess, I want to look more into this superhuman thing Bucky was talking about, and if it's somewhere on the web then Princess can find it.

"Hey Princess I need you to look into something, Bucky said there had been a recent issue with some superhumans, can you find something along those lines that has been going around the internet?"

"Looking right now," She says and almost immediately begins talking again, "I found something, the Flag Smashers, a group of online rebels which lead other rebel organisations around Europe, they have been causing chaos around many cities, they are said to be inhumanly strong and are often tracked with the sign of a red hand" She explains, I take all the information in and stop at the inhumane strength.

"Wait extremely strong? Like a super-soldier?" I ask Princess.

"I suppose, it doesn't specify" She replies.

"So that's why Bucky wanted to talk to Zemo, this has something to do with super-soldiers and Zemo has tracked them for a long time meaning he would possibly know something about it, but I thought the super-soldier serum had been destroyed?" I ask myself.

"I'm not sure, I mean they always say many things were destroyed but at the end of the day they aren't, the human mind is like that, always driven by curiosity," Princess tells me.

"Yeah, and I guess curiosity killed the cat"

~~~

About half an hour goes by and so far Bucky hasn't called me, so I guess things are going well.

"Incoming call from Bucky," Princess says.

"Right on time," I say taking my phone and answering him, "Hey, everything okay?"

"Yes everything went well, I'm out already, could we talk later though, I need help with something else," He tells me.

"Sure of course I'm free this week" I reply.

"Great I'll call you later," We say our goodbyes and end the call.

"I guessed I worried over nothing, now we should go to the pet store and get everything for Natty," I tell Princess standing up and walking towards a nearby shopping centre with a pet shop so I can get food, a bed, a litterbox and some other things for her.

~~~

I walk into my apartment corridor carefully trying to make sure all the bags I'm carrying don't fall, once I'm outside my door I carefully take out my keys and open my door, I close it with my feet and try to find the light switch but before I do the lights turn on, I turned around confused and...

"Y/n, welcome home"

"Jesus!" I shout dropping everything as I jump seeing Zemo sitting in my living room with Natty. He was wearing the uniform of the guards from the correctional which meant one thing, he escaped, "What the hell are you doing here? You're supposed to be at the correctional!" I shout at him as I go to pick up everything that I had just dropped.

Zemo stands up from the chair carefully placing Natty on it before walking next to me as he helps me pick up my bags.

"It's a long story, one which you can't blame me for, it was your friend's idea after all" he explains taking the bags and placing them on the table.

"My friends?" I ask him confused thinking about which lunatic would let Zemo out and get themselves in that sort of trouble.

"James," He says. Right, that moron.

"Damn it, that's why he wanted to talk to you, that sneaky bastard, where even is he?" I ask Zemo putting my bags on the table and taking a seat.

"He's probably looking for me at the moment" He mentions sitting next to me.

"You mean he doesn't know you're here?!" I ask him my eyes going wide open.

"Well yes, I was supposed to meet him somewhere else before but... I wanted to see you" he explains as his voice softens and our eyes lock.

I want to be mad at him but I can't, especially not when he's looking at me like that, his face looking at me in such a soft manner that it's almost hypnotic. I didn't even realise I had just been staring at him for a while until I noticed I had leaned closer to him.

"Why did you want to see me?" I ask him curious.

"Well I was going to tell you something the day you got the call, but I wasn't able to, so I wanted to find you and tell you" He explained to me moving closer.

"What did you need to tell me?"

"Well, I've been thinking about this for a long time and-"

My phone then starts ringing but I ignore it, I need to hear what Zemo has to say as it sounds quite serious and important.

"It's okay just keep going," I tell him.

"Right well we've known each other for a long time now and I've realised-"

"Y/n I'm so sorry to interrupt this moment but Bucky keeps calling and messaging you, it sounds pretty urgent," Princess says cutting Zemo off.

"Well tell him to wait," I tell her irritated.

"I already did but he said he needs you asap" she explains.

I sigh annoyed and apologise to Zemo as I take out my phone and answer Bucky's call.

"What do you want I'm in the middle of something important?" I ask him.

"He's there with you isn't he!" He shouts from across the phone, "I need him to get down here and quick, I know you're probably mad for many reasons but I'll be happy to explain everything thing to you if you bring him down where I am" he explains sounding stressed.

"You realise how much trouble you're in right? The Wakandans will come and find you, even worst you pulled him into this mess! He was doing so well Barnes, I swear you get him in more trouble than he is in and I will break the one arm you have left!" I shout at James furious through the phone.

"I will take responsibility for everything just please come," he says.

"Fine but whatever mess you brought him in, I'm going too and it's non-negotiable."

"Alright then, meet me at the car repair garage near the correctional," he says before ending the call.

"God damn it, James, you old man, putting us into this mess" I mumble to myself standing up and walking to my room, I grab a jacket and put it on as I grab my house keys.

"I'm so sorry we have to end this conversation again but James needs us and I'm guessing you made some sort of deal with him so you have to show up," I tell him.

"It's okay, I should be the one apologising after causing so much trouble to you, I really am sorry," He says standing up in front of me.

"It's fine, Bucky was the one to pull you into this," I tell him taking Natty and carefully putting her in this travel bag I bought for her.

"I truly am sorry though, I never intended this to happen," He says apologising placing his hand on my shoulders and turning me so I'm once again looking at him.

"I know don't worry, you've worked hard to try and be a better person, just please don't get yourself in any trouble," I tell him and he nods at me.

I suddenly realised that this is the first time I've ever seen Zemo face to face and not through a glass, for the first time since meeting him, he was only inches away from me, his hand on my shoulder.

"Shall we go?" He asks me and I nod taking the bag with Natty in it, "Are we taking Natty?" He asks excitedly.

"No we are not, but I can't leave her here unattended so I'll be asking a friend of mine to look after her while we get all this trouble sorted out," I say opening the door and walking out of my apartment Zemo behind me, I close the door once both of us are out and take the elevator to the 2nd floor where my friend lives, she had a cat who recently passed away so I know she'll be happy to look after Natty until I come back.

~~~~

After talking with my friend and thanking her for looking after Natty, Zemo and I head to the garage.

I hear faint talking as we start getting closer to the entrance and I'm able to make out that the voices are coming from Sam and Bucky as they argue, what a surprise.

"And where are we man?" I hear Sam ask Bucky as we walk into the garage. 

Sam and Bucky turn to look at us, the only difference between their expressions is the fact Sam is in complete shock.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Sam says as walks toward Zemo.

"No, listen," Bucky says stopping him.

"What are you doing here? And y/n you're with him?" Sam asks confused.

"I didn't want to tell you because I knew you wouldn't let this happen," Bucky says.

"I thought you told me Sam new!" I shout at him walking up to them.

"I never said that I said we needed your help"
"What did you do?" Sam asks furiously.
"We need him"
"You're going back to prison!" Sam shouts at Zemo.
"If I may-"

"No!" The three of us shout at him, Zemo just nods looking down as he mumbles an 'apologies'

"Bucky how could you do this! Especially without Sam knowing?" I ask him mad.

"Listen you too, when Steve refused to sign the Sokovia Accords, you two backed him up, you broke the law and stuck your neck out for me. I'm asking you to do it again" Bucky begins explaining his voice now softer.

"I really think I'm invaluable-"

"Not right now Zemo"
"Shut up" Sam and I say at the same time interrupting him, he glares at Sam but just looks at me.

Sam and I look at each other knowing full well that there's no way we aren't going to help Bucky out, "Okay" the two of us say, "If we do this, you don't make a move without our permission, especially y/n's" Sam says turning to Zemo.

He nods looking at me, "Fair"

"Okay then, Zemo, where do we start?"

Hey, there everyone new chapter is finally out and we have finally arrived at the storyline of Falcon and the Winter Soldier!!! I'm so excited to write out the original storyline with some slight changes as I include y/n's character!! I hope you enjoyed today's chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it, if you have any comments, suggestions or questions feel free to comment on them I'll be more than happy to respond to them and improve with criticism!! Thank you all again for your patience! I will try and make it so the next chapter doesn't take as long to be done!! Thank you as well for your constant support with this story!!

Lots of love, Author!

I'm watching Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness and I'm going as America Chavez I cannot wait to see it!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

48K 1K 35
❤️ Share your comments throughout the story ❤️ - As daughter of Baron Zemo there are cons. One being how many people want your father dead. You how...
285K 7.5K 60
eunoia (n.) a pure and well balanced mind, beautiful thinking Ava Wiley, a 23 year old hopeful in Brooklyn, New York. Spending the nights with her...
7.1K 183 17
Three years after The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, an alien computer virus is spreading on Earth. This virus explicitly targets and disrupts Wakand...
28.3K 1.2K 92
In his attempts to make amends Bucky Barnes meets the headstrong and fiercely independent Mara and her endearingly stubborn Nona, who are both unknow...