๐Ž๐…๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐€๐๐‹๐„ - ki...

By sxtaep_

"Just know that with us, it's never off the table.." The James Bulger case from 1993 has resurfaced 29 years... More

INTRO
ONE
TWO [M]
THREE
FOUR [M]
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT [M]
NINE [M]
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN

TEN

1.3K 60 2
By sxtaep_

Confrontation was something Yuna was not good with, but she knew had to face Leia sooner or later to save her career.

She swiftly left her office without a word, leaving Taehyung in there so she could have a word with Leia. Leia's office wasn't too far from Nara's and when she reached the door, she simply walked right in, with a very visible limp.

Taehyung would also leave her office and go to his own. Kicking the door open, he stepped in and grabbed his coat from his chair, completely ignoring the pile of documents on his desk he was supposed to fill out.

He then stepped out of his office, walking over to Leia's office, but he did not come in. He rest his back onto the wall and listened closely to every word they spoke.

Leia had a far from impressed look on her face, clicking her tongue upon seeing Yuna make herself comfortable on the chair. "Any reason why you're here?" The girl asks, narrowing her eyes at Yuna, knowing full well she had the upper hand right now.

"I'm sure you heard the.. phone call," she starts, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"Keep it to yourself, it would be pretty embarrassing for everyone to hear about it," Leia responds, lifting her hand to stop Yuna from speaking. "I got the whole thing on record," she smirks, waving her phone in her hand.

Leia played the recording out loud, the sounds of Yuna's moans and curses filling the room. "Okay that's enough, I don't need to hear a repeat of it," she spits, crossing her arms with a cuff.

"Delete it."

Leia placed the phone down on her desk with a sarcastic chuckle. "I'm not dumb enough to do it without payment," She leans over the desk, towering over Yuna. "Talk to Taehyung for me. Tell him to take me out and I'll delete the recording," she shrugs, sitting down on her seat.

Taehyung blinked a few times, thinking he heard her wrong, but it was Leia they were talking about, so he shouldn't have been shocked at all. He let out a sigh, already feeling uncomfortable with the situation and he could only wonder how Yuna must've felt.

Yuna glared at the girl before speaking. "You want a date with Taehyung? Fine. You can go on a date with him. But I'm warning you, he's not very fond of you so keep that in mind when you're with him."

She stood up and walked over to the door, gripping onto the doorknob tightly. "Once that date with him is done, that recording better be deleted too," she says, opening the door and almost jumping seeing the man himself stood outside.

"You have a date this weekend," is all she tells him, not a single care in her tone as she brushed past him to go back to her office.

Taehyung followed after her, his hands in his coat pockets, as he took off one of his silver rings to fidget with. "It's very nice of you to include me in your plans, but I never agreed to take her out."

"I didn't bring you up. She mentioned you first," she mumbles, stepping into her office once again to collect her things. "Leia knew it was you on the phone, and unless you wanna get fired, I suggest you get straight to planning for that date."

"And what am I meant to do on that date? What if she's... touchy?" He was clearly uncomfortable at the thought. He swallowed loudly, still playing with his ring.

"I don't know, take her out to dinner or something. Someone that obsessed with you will be happy to spend just 5 minutes talking to you. And if she gets touchy, just tell her you're not comfortable."

Yuna throws her coat on and adjusts Taehyung's scarf around her neck before heading for the door.

"If the date is a huge flop, you can come by mine afterwards."

He let out a sigh and left her office without a word.

He walked back to Leia's office and knocked on the door, awkwardly fixing the collar of his shirt. He was regreting giving in and making the mistake of having sex with Yuna. He felt like a hundred thoughts raced around his mind, yet not one could help him right now.

Yuna shook her head with a huff, locking the door to her office from the outside and swiftly leaving the building, avoiding anyone looking to make conversation with her. She got in her car and drove through the city, traffic building up on the streets, making her journey home a lot longer than usual.

To pass by time, she turned on some music, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

She tilted her head from side to side, humming along to the music as her mind wandered off to Taehyung.

Did she really want Taehyung going on a date with Leia?

Or anyone else for that matter?

They weren't even together so she had no right to gatekeep him. It dawned upon her that today was definitely the last time they'd do anything together, now with their jobs at risk.

Whatever was going through her head now, it was too late.

Taehyung did what he had to do.

The next day, he was in his office from the early hours of the morning, drowning himself in work. He was working on their case with his door locked and he didn't plan on opening it.

At least not today.

Unfortunately, Yuna was late to work the following morning, rushing through the building, ignoring everyone's eyes and pacing towards her office.

Much to her surprise, Taehyung was not in there, so she grabbed all the stuff she needed, and left her office again to get to him. She got to his door and tried to open it, but it was locked.

"Fuck sake," she whispers, pressing her forehead against the door. "Open the door, Mr Kim."

Taehyung was sorting through the documents of their case, and he instantly froze hearing her voice. Hiding his nervousness with a stone cold look on his face, he put the documents in a folder and went to unlock the door.

Swinging it open, his eyes never landed on her figure, as he quickly bypassed her. "You're finally here, good. Let's go."

She paid no mind to him either, setting herself down onto the seat opposite his desk. As he had requested the day before, she wore a beige skirt that reached above her knees, covering the harsh bruises on her inner thighs. She didn't dare utter a word to him, keeping her focus on case.

"I just need you to sign a few documents, as I am pretty sure I've wrapped up all the work for this case." He then handed her exactly six documents and his favourite pen from his  pocket.

"How exactly did you manage to finish it?" Yuna took the documents from him and skimmed through each document, reading exactly what she was signing. She took his favourite pen as started signing off all 6 documents at the bottom of the page, followed by the date before handing them back to him.

"It was simple. A couple talks with the defendants psychiatrist, and she said the defendants are not ready for release. Apparently, both Thompson and Venables spoke vividly with their psychiatrist about their intentions upon release. It wasn't positive."

Taehyung took the documents from her and put them back into the folder, fixing his hair off his eyes.

"Oh.." was all she could respond with. He pretty much carried out all the evidence logging and connected all the ties on his own, without her presence. "I guess this hearing will be happening a lot sooner than we expected," she says, reading over the final conclusions he had made. "You're better off leading us on the day of the trial then."

"You will still be present."

He held the folder close to his chest, as he finally turned his gaze on her. His hazel eyes now looked rather discoloured.

Weird.

Yuna hurriedly rushed behind him, entering the lavish office and quietly greeting their boss, placing the stack of documents down on the desk in front of him. Since Taehyung did all the work, she decided to let him do all the talking and explaining.

Taehyung would hide his hands in his pockets again, as he cleared his throat, explaining his claims and findings, but with more details, gesturing with his hands as he paced around the room. When he finished and his throat was dry from the talking, he reached into his hoodie pocket.

"I also have something that has nothing to do with this case, but our firm."

She quirked a brow in confusion upon him mentioning he had something else to add.

He licked his dry lips, as he pulled out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it with his shaky hands, all because of the huge amount of caffeine in his body. He then handed the paper to his boss.

"Leia will not be working in here any longer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 2.7K 69
"We might be a married couple only on paper but don't think for one second that I won't fuck you." - In the luxurious world of generational wealth, t...
176K 7.8K 27
This story is about an arrange marriage between a middle class office employee , Kim Taehyung & high class family's Dr.Jeon . How will this marriage...
75K 4.3K 61
"Why you always have to be some goody two shoes? " "And why do you always have to be a swollen piggy? " "Yahhh!! How dare you call me ugly like that...
34.6K 1.2K 59
Kim Taehyung and Choi yn are the divorced couples, who happens to come across each other after years of their divorce. Will Taehyung, who was at faul...