Mated

By LaceyRay

One Hundred Years ago Gusu Lan, Lanling Jin, Qinghe Nie, and Yunmeng Jiang went to war with Qishan Wen. The... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-Part One
Chapter Twenty-Part Two

Chapter Fifteen

21 2 0
By LaceyRay

A/N: This takes place right after the meeting in chapter twelve. I've never written a story before in this type of format (going between present day and the past), but I think it works for this one. Hopefully it hasn't been too confusing!

***

Present Day

As soon as the meeting is over Wei Ying and Lan Zhan are ushering Jiang Cheng out of the room, hustling him towards their suite of offices. Jiang Cheng bites back a whimper as his mate's anxiety licks at his senses. They have gotten better over the years at filtering out their feelings so as to not overwhelm each other but their control slips from time to time. As Jiang Cheng's knees threaten to buckle Wei Ying picks him up, securing Jiang Cheng's arms around his neck and his legs around his waist.

"I'm sorry, baobei. I can't..." Wei Ying whispers.

"Isss alright," Jiang Cheng slurs. He buries his nose in Wei Yings neck, lips brushing over his bonding bite. The touch helps to ground Wei Ying. His anxiety, fear, anger, love, and simmering arousal ebbs a little. Jiang Cheng reaches out his hand to Lan Zhan, who is pressed up against Wei Ying's back. Lan Zhan offers his neck, purring in satisfaction as Jiang Cheng strokes his bonding bite. Lan Zhan's emotions never get as out of control as Wei Ying's but he is in distress. He would never stop Jiang Cheng from doing his job but he doesn't love the thought of their omega in danger. Helplessness is not an emotion Lan Zhan is used to, but has felt a lot since becoming a mate, husband, and father. Lan Zhan steers his mates towards their offices, opening the door for them since Wei Ying has his hands full. Wei Ying is getting his and Jiang Cheng's clothes off before Lan Zhan has completely closed the door. Their suite of offices consist of four interconnecting rooms. Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying gravitate towards working out of Lan Zhan's office the most with Wei Ying sprawled out on the couch and Jiang Cheng sharing space on Lan Zhan's spacious desk, but they each have their own space for when it's needed. The fourth room is a bedroom with an attached bath. They don't use that room very often, preferring to get home to their children each night but having a bed for when circumstances like this arise is very welcome. Not that they haven't fucked on most of the surfaces in each room. Jiang Cheng prefers to get railed within an inch of his life on a soft surface. Less bruising on his ass that way.

"We can't be gentle," Wei Ying groans as he lowers himself and Jiang Cheng onto the bed. "I'm sorry, A-Cheng."

Jiang Cheng cups Wei Ying's cheeks with his hands, looking him in the eyes. "Wuxian, I want every version of you and Wangji. Never apologize for that. Let me give my alphas what they need."

Wei Ying rolls them onto their sides and growls an 'I love you' into Jiang Cheng's neck. Jiang Cheng's leg is pulled up over Wei Ying's hip, opening him up to the two lubed fingers that breach his hole. Jiang Cheng moans into Wei Ying's mouth at the sudden intrusion. Lan Zhan doesn't hold back as he fucks Jiang Cheng open with his fingers. When a third finger is added Jiang Cheng whimpers knowing its Wei Yings finger inside him along with Lan Zhans. He loves when both of his mates work him open. Love when they use him for their own pleasure. When they deem him ready, Jiang Cheng is repositioned so that he's facing Lan Zhan with his leg over Lan Zhan's hip. Lan Zhan takes Jiang Cheng's mouth in a filthy, open mouth kiss capturing Jiang Cheng's shout as Wei Ying slams home. By the time Wei Ying is climaxing Jiang Cheng is laying on top of Lan Zhan with his legs straddling Lan Zhans hips, their cocks rubbing together deliciously. Wei Ying's come doesn't get a chance to leak out as Lan Zhan slides into Jiang Cheng, fucking into him in a brutal pace. Jiang Cheng latches onto Lan Zhan's neck, mouthing at his bonding bite as Lan Zhan proceeds to take him apart. Wei Ying, not to be left out, hefts Jiang Cheng up so his back is against his chest and he can get his hand around Jiang Cheng's erection.

"Fuck!" Jiang Cheng shouts, white hot liquid coating Wei Ying's hand. Wei Ying doesn't stop stroking Jiang Cheng until he hears Lan Zhan's quiet moan, his body going taught beneath Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng falls boneless onto Lan Zhan, Wei Ying pressing down on both of them for a few seconds before falling to lay beside them.

Lan Zhan strokes Jiang Cheng's sweaty hair while Wei Ying's hand sweeps up and down Jiang Cheng's back.

"I just need a minute," Jiang Cheng murmurs, eyes closing tiredly.

Wei Ying snorts in amusement. "Take all the minutes you need, baobei. We aren't going anywhere." Wei Ying gets up long enough to get a washcloth to try and clean them all up as much as possible. Once that was done he settled himself next to Lan Zhan leaning over to give him a lazy kiss.

"After this case is over, should we retire?" Wei Ying asks. "I can be a very handsome house husband while you and Jiang Cheng open up a quaint bakery. Our ducklings can be your taste testers."

"Fuck that," Jiang Cheng growls.

"Hey! I would make the handsomest house husband!" Wei Ying says ingdignatly.

"Our bakery would be successful," Lan Zhan says haughtily.

"Of course it would! You took your lessons from Yanli very seriously and out baked her now but you'd hate it after awhile. We all would," Jang Cheng says. He's still sprawled out over Lan Zhan with his eyes closed.

"Running a bakery might not be as exciting but I'd only have to worry about you or Lan Zhan getting a burn from the oven," Wei Ying argues.

"Wuxian, how many cases have we worked on since I started at B.O.C.A. seven years ago?"

"Hundreds..."

"And out of those hundreds how many ended with one of us having a serious injury?"

When his question is met by silence Jiang Cheng opens his eyes to look at Wei Ying, who is refusing to look back at Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng lifts up so he is kneeling between his two mates. Lifting his hand he traces a scar on Wei Ying's abdomen.

"You took a claw to the stomach from that harpy eagle shifter that left you bed ridden for four days. You were a pain in the ass the whole time, but you never once complained about the wound itself."

"I'll gladly take a thousand wounds if it keeps you and Lan Zhan safe."

"Wei Ying..."

Ignoring his mates Jiang Cheng continues, "Here was where you were bitten by the lion shifter," he says, touching the scar on his left arm. Wei Ying has other little scars littered across his body but most were superficial and came from fighting in his human form. Jiang Cheng shifts his focus over to Lan Zhan, placing his palm over his right hip.

"Here is where that rhino shifter impaled Bichen with his tusk. When you went down my heart stopped for a moment but you popped back up angrier and more lethal than ever. The scars on your back are from falling on that hedgehog. The fucker didn't have to grow to the size of a large dog making the impact even worse. Wen Qing cursed all thirty-three spikes as she removed them from your flesh but you never even flinched."

"You've fallen down an abandoned well and broke your arm. What's your point?" Wei Ying asks, impatiently.

"My point is that out of hundreds of cases that we have successfully handled there have only been a handful where one of us has gotten hurt. Our chances of getting into a car accident is more likely than getting seriously hurt while doing our job," Jiang Cheng says. "Jingyi and Yuan fell down all the time while learning to walk. We hated every bump, bruise, and scratch they got but we didn't stop them from getting back up and doing it all over again."

"You wouldn't let me wrap them in bubble wrap," Wei Ying says, petulantly.

"Or helmets," Lan Zhan adds.

Jiang Cheng rolls his eyes at his overprotective alphas. "Do you truly want to quit B.O.C.A. and open a bakery? Because I will always support your dreams, but I don't think that is the case."

"I don't hate the idea. Maybe one day when we are older, but you're right. I'm not ready to leave B.O.C.A. yet. What I'm more than ready for is to find the core melting hand and the amulet and smash them to smithereens," Wei Ying admits.

"As am I," Jiang Cheng agrees. "Going undercover is our first step in being able to do just that."

Lan Zhan gathers Jiang Cheng close, leaning them back against the headboard with Wei Ying draping himself over the both of them. "We couldn't protect you last time. What if we can't protect you this time either?" Lan Zhan whispers.

"Do you know what I say to our children every time I leave them?"

"That you love them," Wei Ying says.

"I love you. Baba, papa, and daddy are always with you, in here," Jiang Cheng says, placing his hand over his heart. "As much as I'd like to keep them in my pocket, all safe and cozy, we have to trust the people around us to protect our children in our absence. Even with best intentions sometimes bad shit still happens. I want them to know that we are always thinking of them. Like how we are always thinking of each other. I have you here, always." Jiang Cheng pats his heart.

Wei Ying sniffles wetly, nuzzling his nose against Jiang Cheng's neck. "I miss our babies. Let's get home."

"Mn."

*****

Jiang Cheng sits on an uncomfortable bench in front of a large vanity mirror and tries not to squirm. Xuanyu and Huaisang stand on either side of him looking him over with a critical eye. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan insisted on Jiang Cheng getting a makeover so he isn't easily recognized. Xuanyu and Huaisang are the best at making someone unrecognizable.

"Do you know how long I've wanted to get my hands on you, Cheng-ge?" Xuanyu squeals in excitement.

"Tell him hands off!" Wei Ying grumbles through their bond. Not all mates can hear what their other mate hears but Jiang Cheng, Wei Ying, and Lan Zhan have that ability. Jiang Cheng didn't mind the makeover but he insisted that Wei Ying and Lan Zhan not be physically present in the room. As soon as they arrived at Huaisang and Xichen's house Xichen directed Wei Ying and Lan Zhan to the garden where Jingyi, Yuan, and Ling could play with their "cousins", Gui and Hai. Mianmian had offered to take Meilin to Lotus Pier to hang out with Xiaolian and Mimi, making it a girls day with Yanli. While this visit is for work reasons they never pass up a chance to spend time with family. Even Lan Qiren will be arriving later to see his grandkids (great-nephews, but since Qiren raised Wangji like he was his own son he looks upon Wangji's children as his grandkids).

"With your cheekbones and bone structure you would make a fabulous queen. I have the perfect outfit in mind. It's a deep shade of purple, sheer, and you'd look gorgeous. Promise me that you'll be a guest at one of my shows in the future," Xuanyu begs.

"You have to, baobei. Lan Zhan and I would like that very much."

"If it's what Wanyin wants," Lan Zhan adds.

"But it's what I want!" Wei Ying insists.

Jiang Cheng ignores his bickering mates to focus on the task at hand. This is one of the reasons he didn't want them in the room.

"Maybe...what do you have in mind for my mission?" Jiang Cheng asks.

"With the way you look chewed on were Ying-ge and Ji-ge going for a debauched and slutty look," Huaisang says with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"I will kill him. Brother-in-law be damned," Wei Ying theartens.

"Wei Ying will not. Brother would be sad," Lan Zhan argues.

Jiang Cheng tries not to roll his eyes, but fails.

"Ying is cursing me out, isn't he?" Huaisang asked, playfully.

"He's making Xichen-ge a widower."

"He better not," Xichen says, walking in with a tray of drinks and snacks. Meng Yao is next to him holding onto his arm. At eight months pregnant Meng Yao is more belly than body throwing his equilibrium off. Xichen deposits the tray on the table in the room leading Meng Yao to sit down on a couch. Once he has him settled he goes over to his mate giving him a soft kiss.

"Behave, Huaisang."

Huaisangs mouth drops open in an exaggerated gasp. "Er-ge! I didn't do anything! I know nothing of what he says."

"I believe you, my love," Xichen says, with an affectionate kiss to his forehead.

Huaisang grumbles about unloyal mates all while tilting his head so Xichen can rub his nose over Huaisang's bonding bite.

"You should heal those bruises," Xuanyu suggests, softly.

Jiang Cheng sighs. He should have thought to do that before coming over today knowing he would need to disrobe. His alphas had gotten overzealous last night with the love bites wanting to mark their omega as theirs. They like when Jiang Cheng doesn't heal them and lets them fade away over time, because they are possessive bastards. Jiang Cheng doesn't mind because he leaves as many marks on his alphas as they do him and he enjoys seeing them on Wangji's pale neck and Wuxian's chest. He can be a possessive bastard too.

"Unfair," Wei Ying pouts.

"They shouldn't be for anyone else to see, Wei Ying. We will make more when Wanyin returns safely to us," Lan Zhan says.

"True."

"I'd be more worried about covering his tattoos," Meng Yao says.

"Sang-ge and I were discussing that before everyone arrived. We have been working on a synthetic skin to cover scars, birthmarks, and other discolorations for the performers at the club. With a bit of spiritual energy the synthetic skin adheres to the body like real skin," Xuanyu explains.

"We just haven't been able to successfully cover scar tissue as extensive as yours. Yu-di and I suggest that we cover your tattoos with synthetic skin that looks like burn scars," Huaisang says gently.

"No," Wei Ying growls.

"Mn..." Lan Zhan agrees.

Jiang Cheng can feel his mates distress and he sends out calming thoughts to help sooth them. His alphas don't like to be reminded of what they feel is one of their greatest failures of not protecting Jiang Cheng.

"I think it's a good idea," Jiang Cheng says.

"Baobei!" Wei Ying whines.

"The scarring on my neck is well known, Wuxian. If they can't cover it up then making a larger part of my body look burned is a good idea."

"We have to assume that this Daiyu will do a physical examination. We want to make Cheng-ge look androgynous, work with the beauty he was born with from his mother. It will be good to keep Daiyu guessing," Huaisang says.

"It is a good idea," Meng Yao voices out loud as Xichen nods his head.

"Our hope is that Jiang Cheng won't be in Daiyu's custody for very long, but just in case having some of these distractions in place will be beneficial," Xichen says.

"Wanyin will look beautiful...is beautiful just the way he is," Lan Zhan murmurs, lovingly.

"For fucks sake! I'm closing the link," Jiang Cheng huffs, blushing madly. Having several sets of eyes see his love bites doesn't embarrass him at all but a few pretty words said in his direction from one of his alphas has him blushing like a schoolgirl.

"Rude, Chengcheng, rude!" can be heard before Jiang Cheng slams closed his mental door.

"I'm going to add extensions to your hair so it can be pulled up into a short ponytail. It will look nice with your undercut," Huaisang explains, while taking out what he needs from the cart to his right. The room they are currently in is Huaisang's studio. Huaisang's mom was a dancer for a small theater in their town. She would take him and Mingjue to her rehearsals. While Mingjue would play video games or read Huaisang followed his mom around, curious about everything. He liked watching her get her makeup and hair done. He would ask questions that the hair and makeup artist would patiently answer. When it was time for his mother to get into costume he had questions for the costumer too. No one was surprised when Huaisang majored in fashion design, minoring in cosmetology. His dream had been to design a costume for one of his mother's performances and do her makeup and hair. He didn't get to fulfill that dream because his mother injured herself and couldn't dance anymore but he does regularly style her hair and pick out her clothing.

When the small theater went up for sale Huaisang purchased it renovating it into a club named High Note that features burlesque and drag shows. Xuanyu is one of his most popular performers. He might work for B.O.C.A. but his heart is in performing and experimenting with makeup, hair, and clothing. Huaisang and Xuanyu make a good team.

"I'm going to go start on dinner," Xichen says, giving Huaisang a light squeeze on the shoulder not wanting to disturb him.

"Let me help," Yao says, but before he can try to get up Xichen waves him off.

"No need. You stay and relax. Wangji is going to help me."

With Huaisang busy with Jiang Cheng's hair, Xuanyu goes to stand by the window. A soft smile plays on his lips.

"You should tell him, didi," Yao says, putting an arm around Xuanyu's waist. He doesn't have to look outside to see who Xuanyu is smiling at.

Ghost (Wen Ning's Koala) is lying in the grass with Rumi (Gui's bear) and Sir (Hai's bear) pouncing on him. Ahe (Yuan's owl) is flying with Suibian. Mingjue is throwing a ball for Init (Jingyi's clouded leopard) to chase after. The whole scene makes Xuanyu smile, but his focus is on Wen Ning.

"Tell him what?"

"That you love him," Huaisang yells, his focus is completely on Jiang Cheng's hair but his ears are tuned into Yao and Xuanyu's conversation.

"Of course I love him. He's my brother," Xuanyu scoffs before letting out a painful whine. "Gege! Don't pinch me."

"Are we allowed to talk about this now?" Jiang Cheng asks.

"What does that mean?" Xuanyu screeches.

"It isn't shameful to love Ning, Xuanyu," Jiang Cheng says softly.

"He's not your biological brother. You may have grown up together but you don't share a bloodline," Yao adds.

"We weren't true mates," Xuanyu whispers, feeling tears prick at the corner of his eyes.

"Oh didi...come sit down with me," Yao says, steering him to the couch. "Ruohan began giving you drugs before you met Hualing. Grannie suspected the drugs were the reason you weren't able to shift, but it could have affected your ability to sense your true mate."

"You can love someone with all your heart and soul without being true mates. I knew I wanted Xichen for my mate when I was in my teens. At the time he only saw me as his best friend's didi, but when I turned eighteen I gently reminded him that I wasn't his didi and an adult."

Jiang Cheng snorts. "Gently my ass. You pursued him relentlessly. Poor guy didn't stand a chance."

"I just wanted him to give us a chance. If he didn't end up feeling for me what I felt for him it would have hurt but I would have let him go. I would never have forced him. I know you are scared of ruining your relationship with Ning, Xuanyu, but I think you owe it to yourself and him to be honest. Let him decide. Even if there's a small chance he doesn't feel that way, which anyone with eyes can tell he does, you will remain family."

"I was prepared to never meet Wangji again after that first time we met and he claimed we were true mates. I wanted Wuxian as my mate even if we weren't. I'd like to think we would have been happy together, but I'm glad it worked out the way it did. We wouldn't have Yuan, Jingyi, and Xiaolin otherwise."

"I just want you to be happy, A-Yu. Zixuan, Su, and I support you no matter what. I believe that Qing and Yang do too," Yao says, giving his brother a hug.

"So do we," Huaisang agrees. "Now get over here and help me transform A-Cheng."

Xuanyu is more than glad to drop the topic of his love for A-Ning to focus on A-Cheng.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.6K 4.5K 29
With his Shijie is gone, the Wen remnant is gone, the whole cultivation world is going against him..... Wei Wuxian won't forgive anyone. Wei Wuxian...
154K 7.5K 24
After the dual between Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin, the two of them doesn't know that when they fall asleep that night they don't know what is about...
789K 41.3K 107
Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi.... They do NOT get along. Even after Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi marry, even after Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian talk with one...
35.8K 1.3K 15
Wei Ying,along with the Jiang clan have been invited to cloud recesses for lessons,where the young Wei meets Lan Zhan. Wei Ying was mistreated by hi...