The Death Squad

By Angel_7174

Ashlynn Pierce/ Dobrev - Was sent away by her father and eldest brother at the age of 5 to an organization wh... More

Characters~~~
A/N
Chapter 1 - YOU WHAT
Chapter 2 Give'em Hell
Chapter 3 God how dramatic are these people
Chapter 4 Hatred and Betrayal
Chapter 5 What's up?
Chapter 6 One hell' of a reunion.
Chapter 7 Big mistake dude. Big mistake
Chapter 8 ~ School
Chapter 9 The dinner
Chapter 10 ~ Half truth
Chapter 11 - Fucking biologicals pissed me off
Chapter 12 Sure
Chapter 13 The skill tests.
Chapter 14 Black Don
Chapter 15 Fun
Chapter 16 Are you ok?
Chapter 17 Papa?
Chapter 18 Try me
Chapter 19 Just like a dad
Chapter 20 Aunts, Unlces and Cousins
Chapter 21 Protect yourself
Chapter 22 Always and Forever
Chapter 23 Little Weapon
Chapter 24 Eyes, Emotions, Pain and Guilt
Chapter 25 "Thankyou"
Chapter 27 Rio
Chapter 28 ~ No shit Sherlock
Chapter 29 The shitshow~
Chapter 30 History repeating itself
Chapter 31 Everly
Chapter 32 Video games
Chapter 33 The ceremony
Chapter 34 ~ Merry Christmas
Chapter 35- The ball
Chapter 36 Driving and yelling.
Chapter 37 Long Story
Chapter- 38 Happy New Year Ace
Chapter 39 "Cupcake?"
Chapter 40- The Plan
Chapter 41 Survive
Chapter 42 Next stop, Italy

Chapter 26 Not your fault

20.9K 510 63
By Angel_7174

Ashlynn's POV-

"Can I go see him?" I asked Alfie. I really wanted to see how my dad was doing, but there was a tiny part in me that was not ready to face him.

He was in that hospital bed at the very moment because of me and seeing him like that would just be too much.

"Not right now, there are still a few tests the doctors need to do. You can probably go in after like half an hour though. Get some rest before that." He answered while giving me a sympathetic smile.

I nodded and sat back down on the couch, closing my eyes in the hope of getting some sleep.

But obviously I couldn't. I mean don't get me wrong, I was EXTREMELY sleep deprived. But I just can't sleep in public places where like hundreds of strangers are preasent.

Call it a paranoid assassin instinct or whatever.

I sat there with my eyes closed, trying not to relive the day I just had and all those memories that wanted to surface back inside my head.

Viola sat next to me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder while giving me a reassuring smile. I returned the gesture and went back to the horrific memories playing in my head.

I never tell anybody about these episodes as the only thing they'll suggest is going to a therapist.

But I don't understand how they expect me to just share my whole life story with a freaking STRANGER who might be working with the enemy. (Remember the paranoid assassin thing?)

There are some things from my past that even I just wanna forget, so how the hell am I supposed to TALK about it.

I'm bought out of my thoughts when I hear shuffling besides me. I look up to see Ace sitting on the couch and putting on his shoes while fixing his clothes as well.

"Where are you going?" I asked quitly so only he could hear and nobody else will be disturbed.

"Just the vending machine to get some coffee and food. Figured everyone will be hungry once they wake up. Wanna come?" He said in the same quite voice.

"Mhm" I nodded and followed him to the vending machine down the hallways and got my much needed coffee.

While walking towards the machine, Ace Started "soooooooo.."

I turned my head towards him and raised my eyebrows "sooo?"

"What happened?" He asked in a soft voice.

"Nothing much" I shrugged and kept my face blank.

"Nothing much? Yeah, I don't buy that." He scoffed.

"Look, he's dead. It's over" I sighed, my eyes glued to the floor.

"Look, obviously you're not okay and stop pretending like you are. I don't even WANT to imagine what HE could have put you through in the time you were there. And it's alright if you don't wanna talk about it right now, but just know I'm here if you need to talk okay? Don't do anything stupid. Just come to me please." He said in a brotherly manner, while wrapping his arm around my good shoulder.

See, this is why I love him. He never pressures me to tell him anything because he knows and trusts me enough that I'll tell him when I want to.

I nodded and took a sip out of the coffee I had just gotten.

Ace practically INHALED his snack and we took some food for Vi and Lix as well for when they wake up.

We headed back to the waiting area and I started to doze off, my head on Ace's shoulder and his arm still wrapped protectively over mine.

About 15 minutes later, the door to Chris's room opened and which caused me to wake and straighten up immediately.

A doctor walked out with a few papers in his hand and looked around, as if scanning the area and looking for someone.

His eyes landed on me as he walked over.

"Miss? Are you Ms Dobrev?" He asked.

"Who's asking" I narrowed my eyes and gave him a pointed glare which made him shudder.

"I um..... Mr Dobrev asked m-me to t-tell you that you can g-go in n-now" he stuttered.

"Oh" I immediately dropped my glare and shot up from the couch, which caused me to stumble and fall back. Stupid concussion.

Ace did the same and grabbed my arm to refrain me from falling. I shot a thankful look towards him to which he just patted my arm, which he was still holding.

"How's he doing?" I asked the doctor hurriedly, but the concern clear in my voice.

"He's fine. He'll be up any minute now." The doctor informed and walked away.

Ace and I stepped inside the room and slowly creeped up to the chairs besides the bed.

Chris was still unconscious and hooked up to many wires. We both took a seat besides him and waited for him to wake up.

I leaned back on my chair, my leg bouncing up and down anxiously while I never took my eyes off of Chris, as if he'll Wake up if I keep staring.

I don't mean to, but somehow he always keeps getting hurt because of me. Maybe he was better off when he was away from me or maybe before he even met me.

"It wasn't your fault" Ace stated, as if he could read my thoughts.

"Sort of was" I sighed. Damnit he knows me really well.

"No it wasn't. And if you don't believe that, he'll definitely MAKE you believe that" He said while pointing towards Chris's direction which caused me to chuckle dryly.

"Hey you wanna know a cool thing?" Ace chirped all of a sudden after a few minutes of silence.

"Mhm" I raised my eyebrows and looked at him as if saying for him to continue.

"You stink." He stated.

"I'm not the one who stinks Ace. I just showered. Try sniffing YOURSELF" I rolled my eyes and motioned for him to go ahead.

He sniffed his tshirt and scrunched up his nose in disgust "Yup. Definately me." He pouted.

A few minutes later, Chris began to shuffle, indicating he was up.

I quickly moved towards his side, Ace doing the same.

Chris opened his eyes slowly and began to straighten up to be in a sitting position, but I put my hand on his shoulder, preventing him from doing so.

"You shouldn't do that" I whispered slowly.

He looked towards me with his eyes holding a confused expression.

"Wait. I'm not dead?" He narrowed his eyes and tilted his head towards the side in curiousity.

I narrowed my eyes as well, raising my eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"Huh. So the bullet proof vest DOES work. Doesn't help with the pain though." He sighed dramatically and shook his head.

My expression became confused further and I was having a hard time believing that he was JOKING right now.

After the heart attack he gave all of us and all the shit that happened, he's JOKING.

"How do you feel?" I asked him in a more serious tone, not in the mood of dealing with this right now.

"Great!" he replied with a goofy grin, putting his weight onto the elbows and pushing himself into a sitting position.

"Good" I mumbled and walked upto him and stood besides him by the edge of his bed.

Before anybody could say anything, I smacked him on the head, and I smacked him HARD.

"What the hell was that for!" He groaned while clutching his head. Dramatic piece of shit.

"For giving us all a fucking heart attack" I said accusingly and he gave a sheepish look.

"Yeah. We thought you were dead and you'll never believe this but ASH cried. OUR Ash. Like with REAL LIQUID tears. It was actually quite funny now that I think about it. I mean you know she never cries and seeing her cry over something that didn't even happen-" Ace exclaimed but quickly shut up when he saw the deadly glare I was sending his way.

"We will not speak of that. Ever." I said in a threatening voice.

"Never gonna let that go." He replied while giving me an innocent smile.

I rolley my eyes and turned back to Chris with raised eyebrows. "How're you really feeling?"

"I'm fine, really. Surprisingly, not much damage was done. But I suppose I can't say the same for you though" he said, his eyes glued to my foot which was wrapped up in gauze and bandages, much to my dismay.

This was only because Alfie had INSISTED for me to let him wrap my dislocated ankle. And me being the sweet person I am, had to agree.

Yeah that's bullshit. He basically threatened me that if I didn't let him wrap it up, he'd put me on bed rest for a week and wouldn't let me leave the hospital.

So yeah, I didn't exactly have a choice. Besides, you have no idea how much I had to convince him to not apply bandage on my ribs.

The feet and should make me feel suffocated enough. I don't need my whole body wrapped up like a bloody mummy.

"Nah, I'm fine. Doctors are just very dramatic." I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair.

A few moments later, the doctor from earlier walked in with the test reports and said that Chris was all clear to be discharged and leave the hospital.

Ace said that he needed to use the restroom and will clear the bil after that while I'll help Chris and get Felix and Viola.

After Ace walked out, leaving the both of us in the room, I walked up to the bed and took a seat at the edge of it and fidgeted with me fingers nervously, not knowing how to begin to apologise to him for all the shit he had to go through because of me.

"Look I'm so sorr-"

"Don't say it. " He cut me off and sighed.

"Seriously, don't fucking say it. It wasn't your damn fault. I came up to the house, I got kidnapped, that was all on me. You've seriously gotta stop blaming yourself for everything Ash." He continued sternly, making my eyes widened.

"Wait- you don't think that was my fault?" I narrowed my eyes in uncertainty.

"Obviously not. Why the fuck would you think that?" He looked at me as if I was insane.

"Because it was. All of it. It was my fault. First, you get tortured by my biologicals because they wanted information about somebody, who just so happens to be- me. Then you get kidnapped and tortured by the devil himself. Why? Because you were with me. Because you mean something to me.

Everything bad that happens to you, happens because of me. I don't understand why you still stick around and put up with my shit. Anybody else would have just left." I say all in one breath and I finally look up to meet his eyes which clearly held hurt and disbelief.

And I hurt him again. Just great.

He shook his head and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Hey. No. None of that is true. I was at that interrogation room that day because I didn't wanna tell them anything. And what happened in the past couple a days, it wasn't your fault ok? You couldn't have done anything to stop it. You need to stop blaming everything on yourself Ash.

And I can never leave you. Been there, done that, did NOT like it. I know I'd known your for only about 5 months before that, but you're like a daughter to me. My little baby. And I could never blame you for anything. I'm so proud of you." He said calmly, but with sincerity at the same time.

My eyes almost welled up - but I blinked the tears away ofcourse, there's no way I'm crying again- and hugged him back.

Man he always gives the best hugs.

A few moments later, we pulled away and he gave me a small smile which I returned.

I then helped him up and gave him the clothes which Alfie provided for him to change into.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out to wake Viola and Felix up.

The groggily got up and munched on their food which me and Ace got them while Chris freshened up.

Alfie was also standing outside the room and asked me how he was holding up.

"Yeah, he's fine." I nodded with a small smile.

"And how do you feel?" He asked in a concerning manner with a soft expression.

"I'm great. Thank you. A lot. For all of this." I gave him a grateful smile.

"Don't thank me. That's what brothers are for. And it's about time I start acting like one." He nodded and gave me a smile of his own, but his eyes held guilt and a tad bit of happiness that I was talking to him.

"How're you?" I asked slowly

"Oh I'm fine. No damage done" he smiled

"We're heading back. You need a ride?" I asked after a few minutes of us just standing there in an awkward silence.

"Um...sure...if you don't mind ofcourse.." he replied, a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Well then, follow me doc." I turned on my heels and started walking. After taking like three steps, I suddenly came to a halt.

"Uh.... actually don't follow me....I have no idea where the exit is...." I looked down sheepishly.

"I gotcha" he nodded with a light chuckle.

The five of us made our way to the reception where Ace was waiting for us. He had his back leaned on the wall and came over once he spotted us.

"Anybody got a phone? We need to call one of the drivers to send a car" He informed.

Obviously I didn't have mine, as I was legit kidnapped till a few hours ago.

"That's alright. I've got a car here. I keep it for emergencies. I'm sure we'll all fit." Alfie piped in and motioned for us to follow him.

"Who knew this douche of your brother would actually be quite useful" Felix mumbled while the others nodded in agreement.

Yup, they all hate my biological as much as I do if not more.

We reached his luxurious car -well I mean what did you even expect- and damn I have to say, he's definately got SOME taste in cars.

Alfie drove around while Felix gave him the directions to our safe house. It was a bit on the outskirts of the city so the drive was about half an hour long.

The safe house was a huge mansion with neatly maintained grounds, basketball court, gym and some more play area for my baby Rio, because why not.

The building was was surrounded by trees and was at a comfortable distance from the city.

Upon reaching the building, I could see Alfie was visibly uncomfortable and on the edge.

Well I mean I don't blame him. He is entering the house of the world's most dangerous people.

Many Mafias, including the Americans know that the Death Squad owns this area and nobody dares to attack or disturb it.

Before we could enter the main gates, the guards immediately pointed their guns at the car and stopped it.

They probably couldn't see us through the black tinted windows, so I got out and held up my hand to signal that it was fine to let this car through.

They all immediately complied and opened the gates within a minute.

Man I really wanted to see the priceless look on Alfie's face when all these people immediately complied to my orders without me having to even say anything.

__________________________

Heyyyyyyyyyyy!

Sooooo I know it's been a while since I last updated.....sorry...hehe...

But like I've mentioned before, you can blame school for that :-) (smiles sarcastically)

Anyways, I hope y'all liked the chapter. It's unedited so please pardon the mistakes!

I know the story has gotten a little slow but I promise there'll be more action in the next chapter.

On the bright side, I've gotten an idea on where I wanna go with the story line and I'm very eager to write it.

Also, whose POV do y'all wanna see in the next chapters?? Lemme know.

Now i'mma just upload this chapter and read it in the morning to edit it. Yes I'm very lazy.

Thankyou!

-Vote and Comment

~Angel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.9K 72
"He says tragedy flows through your veins, all of yours." "She's the youngest Black, nothing will touch her, not even the tragedy in our bloo...
3.1M 69.1K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
146K 3.9K 29
After being switched at birth, Aria Walker the lost mafia princess daughter of Alexander and Mila Volkov, found herself stolen and replaced in her fa...
Broken By

Teen Fiction

254K 4.7K 40
A broken girl who fights all her own battles, alone. she owns her own mafia and people see her as sadistic, heartless and cruel. no one has ever seen...