curiosity kills | lee minho

By hyunjinsiconicmole

Crush Series #2 in which satisfaction brought it back started: 03 january 2021 ended: More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e

t w e n t y - s i x

16.3K 655 1.6K
By hyunjinsiconicmole

c h a p t e r  26

"I don't appreciate being dragged around like this." Gyeoul said but made no effort in pulling herself back. She almost tripped when Minho pulled her body closer to him before a group of running freshmen could collide with her. He clicked his tongue shooting a frown at them before turning his attention to the girl.

"I paid a million won. I deserve at least an ounce of your time." Minho replied blankly.

"Hey, no one forced you, buddy." Gyeoul sneered. "It's nice to know that you think you can buy me." She said sarcastically.

He finally decided to let her go when they reached the less crowded part of the campus. He narrowed his eyes at her. "You were about to give your number for 500." He pointed out, crossing his arms over his chest.

Gyeoul shrugged. "I would give myself to you for none." She murmured nonchalantly.

Minho's eyes narrowed even more as the girl shot him an innocent smile with a slight tilt of the head. He cursed silently as he betrayed himself by the ghost of a smirk. He had to admit, that comment made him feel good. Shit, even ecstatic. Before he could talk, a beaming boy inserted himself between the two.

"Hello! Are you perhaps Choi Gyeoul?" The boy smiled, his cat-like features emphasized. He was literally bouncing on his feet.

Said girl turned to the younger with a raised brow. "Who's asking?"

The boy raised a cheap wedding veil and a bouquet. "You are requested at the wedding booth." He giggled.

Gyeoul's face morphed into confusion but before she could ask for more details, Minho spoke first. "Jungwon." He called the boy.

Said Jungwon turned to the older. "Oh! Minho! Didn't see you there. Have you visited our booth? It's right by the Fine Arts buildi-" The younger's advertisement was cut short by Minho's clap on his shoulder.

"I know where you'll find Choi Gyeoul." Minho's eyes seemed darker upon hearing the request of the girl's presence at the booth that was definitely not his doing.

Jungwon's brows raised in wonder. "Oh? Is she not her? I was told that it was the pretty one with white hair-" The younger trailed off upon seeing the older's scarily blank expression. Jungwon cleared his throat before hiding the flimsy props behind him. "So where?" He asked apprehensively.

Minho pulled him closer, pointing at a distance. "Do you see that balcony over there? Yeah. That one. It's going to take some practice but if you jump over it, you'll find her." He said seriously.

To which Jungwon hummed in understanding. "Okay." He said seriously with pursed lips, seeming to be determined. With a smile, he bid the two goodbye before scurrying away.

Gyeoul was watching the exchange in bewilderment. Minho returned her gaze with a satisfied scoff.

"That's literally homicide." She said a little worried for Jungwon.

Minho shrugged. "Manslaughter, to be specific."

She glared. "The fact that you are aware, makes it murder."

He shook his head, no. "I simply want to procure serious injuries."

"To which you will get prosecuted for nonetheless." She shot back, more agitated with his replies.

Minho chuckled lowly. "Calm down. There's literally a bounce house behind the building."

Gyeoul sighed in relief. She didn't know if Jungwon was the type to take words seriously but she couldn't help but feel nervous for the younger. Good thing she didn't hear the last few words Minho had mumbled.

"It's deflated though."

Thankfully, Jungwon just went back to the wedding booth and informed Yeji --the one who requested-- that Gyeoul was already married. The kid was not that thick headed.

"Damn, it's freezing." Gyeoul hissed pulling her jacket closer to her body. Naturally, the two fell in step together as they surveyed the different booths. She not so casually shot Minho an expectant look. 

He merely looked at her. "Gee, I sure wish I could control the weather." He proclaimed in the most unenthusiastic manner.

Gyeoul sighed, hopelessly. "Maybe Juyeon would be willing to lend his coat." She mumbled out loud. She yelped in surprise as she stumbled a little due to Minho forcing the hood of her jacket over her face. He entered a tent, as Gyeoul glared at his back.

"Took you long enough to visit our booth." Gyeoul said instead as she fixed her jacket once more.

Minho thanked the student who was selling the hot pack before walking out the tent. "I've literally been in bed with you. I don't feel the need to pay 1,000 won for your hug." He deadpanned before tossing one of the packs to her.

And yet you paid 1 million.

She scoffed at his way of showing affection before nestling the hot pack inside her pocket. "Where have you been all day, anyway?" Gyeoul asked, raising a hand to refuse a very eager sophomore that's recruiting for a blind dating activity. She didn't notice how Minho swiftly walked to the opposite side, switching their places so that he'd be the one that's going to be pestered by all the students.

"Why? Were you expecting me?" Minho raised a brow, turning to check her reaction.

Gyeoul nodded once. "I was expecting a whole K-drama moment where I was being neglected and then you come at the right moment to ask for my hug. But then, you didn't and then that Juyeon guy and fulfilled my dreams instead." She shrugged.

Minho bit his cheek in annoyance. "I still came, didn't I?"

"You're too late." Gyeoul teased. The whole matter was actually of little importance to her. She was merely curious of his whereabouts since classes were suspended to make way for the fair. The topic was all too trivial for her that she didn't even notice how Minho had stopped walking. She halted in her tracks to see him a few steps behind just staring at her. Confused, she walked back to him. "You alright?" She asked, looking into his... sad eyes.

"I'm... late?" She heard him even though it was right under his breath.

Her brows twisted together in confusion. "I'm just kidding, Minho." She subconsciously tugged on the sleeve of his coat. For a moment, they were just staring at each other and then there was a change in Minho's eyes. But before he could talk, a panting figure runs up to them.

"Jisung, I swear to god if you ask me to buy one of your stupid ice cream one more tim-" Minho was cut short.

"Areum! She's in danger!"

•••

"You rented an ice cream truck?" Hyunjin asked, a little distasteful.

Jisung scoffed in offense. "You're one to talk. You charge people for fashion advice." He mocked, his eyes widening, attempting to provoke.

Hyunjin scoffed back. "Hey, at least I'm not an idiot enough to sell ice cream when it's literally 10 degrees outside." He rolled his eyes.

Miso hummed. "I eat ice cream when it's cold outside." She mumbled.

Hyunjin immediately throws a hand over her shoulders, side hugging her. "Which by the way is a brilliant idea, Jisung." He shoots a wink his way.

Jeongin was giggling with Felix while they where playing with the ice cream machine.

Jisung shot Jeongin a look as if to dare him to laugh louder. "You're in no position to laugh, bud! You're scamming people for a hug!"

Jeongin was quick to defend himself. "We're not scamming anyone. We literally give people what they pay for!"

"Okay, can everyone please shut the fuck up?"

Everyone grew quiet at Minho's voice at the front seat.

"Can anyone tell me what the hell happened to my sister?"

The entire situation was comical. After Jisung had dramatically brought the news to Gyeoul and Minho, an ice cream truck parked itself next to them. It was one of those 'I'll explain on the way' kind of situation where Jisung basically commanded Chan to drive towards Minho's place.  Apart from the three, inside the truck was six people. Hyunjin, Miso, Jeongin, Changbin, Felix, with Chan the one driving. They were all cooped up inside the truck with the pleasant scent of cookie dough and fudge brownies. How the nine of them were able to fit inside the small ass truck remains a mystery.

The only problem was, they were already halfway Minho's house and still he was yet to be informed by what has happened.

As if Jisung was awoken from a trance, "Areum was shot!" He yelled in horror.

"What?" Everyone was horrified.

"Where the fuck did you get that from?" Minho didn't know whether to be angry or frightened. That was his sister!

Jisung whips his phone out, stumbling towards the driver's seat (due to Chan's not so flawless driving) to show the brother. He shrieked in disgust when his hand fell on the bucket used for cleaning the scoopers. Minho, impatient with Jisung's revulsion, he snatched the phone away, to leave him screeching for a towel. Minho ignored how Changbin stuffed a used towel inside Jisung's mouth and how he yelled even louder.

From: Areumie
just got shot.

"Shot?" Minho was completely baffled by the text. Gyeoul appeared behind him, peering over the text. "She seems pretty chill despite being shot." She murmured.

"Why in the world would she text you and not call the ambulance?" Chan asked, making the final turn towards the mansion.

It was beginning to rain.

"This all seems too familiar." Hyunjin mumbled squinting his eyes, a little traumatized.

"Probably because I'm the first in her contact list and she was bleeding and had no time?" Jisung screamed in the most dramatic way possible. "She didn't even reply nor answer my calls after that!"

•••

"Areum!"

Areum jumped awoke from her bed. Slightly dazed, she cleared her vision by rubbing her eyes. For a minute, no one was talking. Everyone was staring at Areum as she returned it. Seungmin strolled inside, a book clutched in hand and was first to break the ice. "Good evening."

"You texted me you were shot!" Jisung pointed an accusing finger at Areum.

She cringed at his dramatics. "Well, yeah. My allergy shot." She showed her bare upper arm with a small red patch.

Jisung was stuttering. "You weren't replying!" He attempted.

"The shot made me drowsy so I took a nap." She explained.

"Jisung!" Everyone bellowed followed by the thundering of the skies.

Said boy flinched from pretending to admire the plastic plant. "What?" His voice cracked, feigning innocence.

"You are literally an idiot." Hyunjin said with curled lips.

Jisung's head was down when he accepted the insult with a nod of his head, his hands joined together in respect. Everyone slumped on the carpeted floor, both relieved and tired from the anxiety.

Minho ran his fingers through his hair due to the stress. "What is wrong with you, man?"

Jisung pursed his lips. "I ask myself that everyday." He looked into the abyss, pondering the question.

"So called his bullshit." Changbin shook his head, enjoying his chocolate ice cream.

Felix huffed. "You did not! You just wanted to come for the free ice cream."

Changbin denied the accusation. "Excuse me? I am very much worried about Areum. She's basically my second sister next to Miso." He was able to mumble despite the full mouth.

Everyone took a second in processing the events and then decided to let the rain pass even for a bit since it was too heavy to be able to drive safely.

"Chan drives like he trained inside the arcade. I will not risk my life therefore we shall let the rain pass." Jisung was able to find the nerve and insult him. Or maybe because he wanted more time with Areum. No one really knows.

Chan merely scoffed and let him get away with it since he did only have a non-professional license and was not really authorized to drive a truck--an ice cream truck.

Hyunjin was playing with Miso's fingers as they sat next to the wall. Jisung was still blaming Areum for his mistake. Jeongin was steering away from Changbin who was attempting to steal his ice cream away while Felix played uno with Chan. Seungmin silently read his book, with a bag of jellies. Gyeoul was fiddling with the hot pack as she let Minho braid random strands of her hair. Everyone unanimously decided to hang inside Areum's bedroom.

It did not take long before everyone was beginning to grow bored.

"When will this rain end?" Felix frowned, hearing the pouring outside grow even louder.

"I hope not at all." Hyunjin said, cozily hugging Miso's arm who was reading Seungmin's book.

Seungmin strolled inside the room, his phone in hand. "Well, it looks like you all wouldn't be leaving anytime soon either way." He announced.

"Oh my god are you taking us hostage?" Jisung gasped which earned him a smack on the head from Changbin.

"What's wrong?" Minho asked, combing Gyeoul's hair.

"There was a thunder strike which made one of the trees block the only way in and out here. Due to the thunderstorm, the roads are closed until tomorrow morning." Seungmin informed, showing the group the announcement from a news outlet.

Silence.

"Well, you know what that means." Jisung shrugged.

"You walk home?"

"Slumber party!"

(a/n: well well well. look who it is... the one who said she wouldnt dip.

to anyone who saw my tweet that said new chapter by the end of the month... i didnt specify which month... okay im sorry.  i apologize for disappearing once more. i feel like im always apologizing, no? IM TRYINGGGG anyway,, how is everyone? sure hope well and better. again, not proofread, if anyone wants advanced copies of the chapters and be my proofreader lmk.

i hope u like this chapter bc this ones 4 u. thats right. you. stay safe and healthy everyone! next chapter next yr. jk.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 9.1K 47
[completed] [Book 1 of "Crush" Series] Where Felix has hidden his little crush toward Minho and had a "chance" to finally kiss him. Published: March...
49.6K 2.3K 10
"jisung said my kisses heal everything." -in which jisung craves for hyunjin's kisses. started: 17 october 2021 finished: 25 october 2021 #6 in hyuns...
95.9K 4.9K 48
꒰ jilix ꒱ - 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘪𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘱. 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘴...
7.1K 274 39
"a beautiful love torn by everything in its way" Started: 01/10/23 Finished: 03/21/23 #1 in #skzleeknow