Divergent: without war

Per UniCornsAreReaL21

This is my idea of how the lives of Tris and Tobias/Four would be without the war. Més

Divergent: without war
Chapter One: The Ranks
Chapter Two: The Party (part one)
Chapter Three: Party (part two)
Chapter Four: First day
Chapter Five: Training
Chapter Six: The Meeting
Chapter Seven: The Intruder
Chapter Eight: The Accident
Chapter Ten: Awkward Moments
Chapter Eleven: Goodbye
Chapter Twelve: Factionless
Chapter Thirteen: Return
Chapter Fourteen: Caleb
Chapter Fifteen: Drunken episodes
Chapter Sixteen: Victoria
Chapter Seventeen: Engagement Party

Chapter Nine: Candor or Dauntless?

175 6 0
Per UniCornsAreReaL21

Tris's POV

"Open up baby bro!" Zeke shouts impatiently. We hear someone fumbling behind the door. The door opens and Four puts me down gently like I might break in half. Uriah's beaming face pokes round the side. "Hey guys come in! The others are already here." he said laughing. Zeke walks in first and puts him in a headlock but Uriah shakes him off easily. He nods at Four and hugs Shauna. I walk in last and he is waiting for me, smiling.

He puts his arm round my shoulder and shuts the door with his foot. I wince as his arm brushes my head. He notices and looks at the back of my head. "Tris that's a lot of stitches, what Four got a bit rough with you?" He says playfully.

"I wish" I say sarcastically but immediately regret it. Uriah looks round at me smirking and then bursts out laughing. 

"You didn't mean to say that did you?" he says laughing so hard I see a tear roll down his face. I shake my head and feel my face flush with colour.

"Hey Uriah come over here, Four's getting jealous because your chatting up his girl" Zeke shouts over to us. I look over to Four punching Zeke in the arm. Uriah and I laugh and walk over. 

"I think your getting a little jealous Four" Uriah says smirking at Four. Four outstretches his leg to trip Uriah up but he hops over it and sticks his tongue out at him.

I sit down next to Four and he puts his arm out and rests it on my chair and shoulder, he pulls my chair closer and lifts my legs onto his. I see in the corner of my eye Uriah smirking at me, I laugh. The whole group are sat on chairs in a circle. "Ok I will pick first since it is my house" Uriah volunteers and I can see Zeke sighing. "Marlene Dauntless or Candor?"

"Dauntless" she smirks.

"Ok kiss Lynn" Uriah says smiling innocently at her. To everyone's surprise Marlene stands up and kisses Lynn's cheek and turns round to face Uriah. 

"You never specified where" she says winking at him. "Ok my turn, Uriah kiss Tris on the lips" She says raising her eyebrows at him. Four starts to fidget on his chair. "But if I do Four will get jealous and kill me" Uriah says laughing.

"Your right Uriah I will, She's mine, so back off" He said playfully. I blush. Uriah gets up staring at Four and walks over to me. He quickly kisses me and runs back before Four can do anything. Everyone laughs. 

"Oh come on Four, it's just a game" I whisper to him. He pulls me closer as if to be guarding me. I sense a hint of Jealousy. "Four, Dauntless or Candor?" Uriah smiles.

"What would my options be?" He says raising an eyebrow smiling.

"Candor would be what have you done with Tris and Dauntless would be make out with Tris right now" He says. I get butterflies in my stomach and start to feel uneasy.

"Well definitely not Candor because that's private" He starts but Will and Zeke both cough which Four glares at them, they just smile innocently back. "But why do you want to see me make out with MY girlfriend?" he says laughing to Uriah.

"Well being as your stalling, anyone would think you were scared Four" Uriah says smirking back. Well that's gone and done it, he is definitely going to make out with me now, he won't back down. Great! Four turns his head to face me and I see everyone edge forward on their chair. Pervs. 

"Your ok with this right? If not I will take my shirt off" He says into my eyes.

"I don't mind I'm personally are fine with either of those options!" I say smiling. He places both his hands on the sides of my face and leans in closer, I put my arms round his shoulders and lace my fingers together behind his back. He is now sharing my breaths he is that close and whispers so no one will hear "We better make it good" He gives me a wink and I smile lightly. He presses his lips to mine and kisses me passionately, his tongue gains access to mine. The world just freezes in this perfect moment. Until we are interrupted "Ok that's enough, if you want to do anything else get room." Someone shouts I think it was Uriah or Lynn. I pull back to catch my breath and open my eyes to meet his. They twinkle with mischief. I giggle and go slightly red. That wasn't so bad I hardly noticed anyone was there.

When Four turns round, he smugly looks at Uriah looks very shocked that he actually did his dare. "Will Candor or Dauntless?" Four says to him.

"Candor!" he says which surprises everyone.

"Ok hmmmmmm what annoys you about Christina the most"

"How she can always tell when I'm lying, that's really annoying!" He blurts out, Christina hits him and laughs "It's an advantage on my behalf".

"Ok this isn't interesting enough, everyone take off an item of clothing" Lynn laughs.

Everyone complies, I take off my socks along with the rest of the girls the boys are topless. I lean my head on Tobias's broad muscular shoulders I feel his warmth start to radiate through my cold body. I don't know why I'm shivering now. Tobias notices and pulls me close to his bare chest and puts his arms around me. The pain in my head comes back in searing jabs. I wince.

"Baby is it your head, is it hurting again?" he whispers. I nod into his chest, clutching his shoulders. The game is continuing but I can't hear over the pain in my head. I feel Tobias stand up and pull me with him, we walk over to Uriah's kitchen. 

"The others have just gone over to watch Marlene draw on Eric's door" Tobias chuckles. I stumble up on of the steps and I put my hands out infront of me stop me hitting my head. I hit the ground with a thud. My vision goes hazy and the room starts spinning. I see Tobias's shoes run over to me. I feel him pick me up under my arms. He puts me on my feet but I just fall down again because my legs feel like jelly. I hear him swear "Shit Tris I am sorry! Are you ok?".

He puts an arm under my shoulders blades and another under my knees and lifts. "I hate to see you like this and know that I caused this" He sighs. I go limp in his arms.

"Can I have a glass of water and one of those painkillers I feel I might pass out" I say "I can't move anything, it feels like my whole body is being weighed down".

"Ok let me just put you on the sofa and I will get you some water but you can't have another one of those pills for a while because they are really strong." He softly.

"Tobias..... I feel like I am being frozen but I am sweating" I shiver I can feel the sweat on my forehead, I lift my heavy arm and wipe it off with the back of my sleeve.

"I think you have an infection or your having a bad reaction to these drugs" He says to me but all I can see is a blurry blob. He lifts my head and gently tips some ice cold water down my throat.

"How long will the others be?" I whisper. I am shivering violently now. Tobias quickly grabs the blanket on the arm of the sofa and wraps it round me.

"They will be a while because they need to disable the cameras and things like that so Marlene doesn't get caught." He replies softly.

"Can you sit with me I'm cold" I say shivering violently.

"Of course baby" He says looking worried. He stands up and gently helps me sit up. He sits down with his legs outstretched on the couch. I am sitting inbetween his legs and lean back onto his chest. He drapes his arms round me and hugs me close. 

"Jesus Tris your freezing!" He pulls me closer, his warm body is doing nothing to subdue my violent shivering. He pulls the blanket up to my chin and wraps it round me so no warm air escapes. "You should still be in hospital! I think these painkillers a revoking a allergic reaction or something worse" he says but he sounds so distant, like he is miles away. 

The door opens and the others barge in cheering and laughing. I grab my head in an attempt to reduce the pain. The pain is so intense that I feel a tear roll down my cheeks. Tobias notices this and gently rocks me and strokes my head. 

"Look guys, Tris is in a lot of pain so we need to go and see a doctor. Like now! Marlene help!" He says frantically. The others just stare at me clutching my head and rocking back and forth. The pain was unimaginable, searing pain which was travelling over my whole body. The others rush over. My body tenses. Until the pain becomes to much and everything goes quiet.

Tobias' POV

When the others rush over, Tris's whole body tenses and she grabs her head and lets out a scream of pain. I then feel Tris get heavier all of a sudden. "Tris... Tris are you ok?" I said shaking her. 

"Oh no, is she still breathing?!" Uriah gasps "Check her pulse!"

Marlene reaches over and puts two fingers on Tris's tiny wrist. "It's weak we need to get her to the infirmary now!"

The only thought that goes through my head is, I have cause her to be in this much pain, I have caused it. Zeke shakes me out of my thoughts "Come on Four we need to get her to the hospital"

Zeke tries pick Tris's limp body off me, but I push him away, he stumbles a few steps backward. I gently slide my hand under her knees and round her shoulders, slide her onto my knee and stand up slowly. She is like a rag doll, she was so pale and cold, and lifeless. 

"It's a good thing the infirmary isn't so away from here" Marlene says running beside me checking Tris's pulse. I don't understand what went wrong with her she is fine one minute but then she suddenly went downhill from there.

We all burst into the infirmary, alarming most of the doctors in the room. 

"My girlfriend! She needs help!" I puff. The doctors just stare at me and then stare at Tris. "NOW!" They snap out of their trance and run over to a bed gesturing me to put her there. I run over and lay her unconscious body down gently on the bed. It is 11:32 pm so all the patients are sleeping so every doctor swarms around Tris taking blood, performing different test and inserting different tubes into her. They push me back and I am unable to see Tris, Zeke pulls me back. Christina is crying into Will's shoulder and everyone has grave looks on their faces. I don't what happened, it all happened so quick.

An hour later, we have all sat down, when a doctor comes over to us. I stand up immediately and walk towards her.q2

"Four is it?" I nod "Well your girlfriend Tris, was in a very critical condition when you brought her to us! But we managed to stabilize her, she will be ok now and she is awake but extremely weak so you must be gentle with her"

"Do you know what made her like this? Was it to do with her head?" I say wiping my hands on my trousers.

"Yes her head wound didn't help with the pain but wasn't the main cause....she was poisoned, by any chance did anyone give you anything to give to her?" The doctor ask with a concerned look on her face. I freeze, the sudden realisation that someone gave me pills to give her and I don't even know if they were from a real doctor. 

"Yes..." I pull out the pills with the blue liquid inside from my pocket and place the into the doctors hand. The doctor turns and walks into a 'Staff only' door. I gingerly walk over to Tris' bed and stand at the foot at it. She has an IV in her wrist and a tube that loops round her ears and goes into her nose to help her breathe, a canula. She is lying there shivering with sweat glistening on her forehead. She opens her eyes slowly and smiles at me lightly but winces. She slowly pats her hand on the bit of room she made for me on the bed and smiles. I walk over and carefully get on the bed next to her, she rests her head on my chest and I put my arm round her pulling her close and I kiss her lightly on the side of her head. I wipe the sweat beads off her head with the blanket. The others walk over cautiously and sit at the chairs around.

"I'm ok guys, seriously!" Tris says as she smiles lightly at them. They all start asking her questions about how she's feeling and how the pain was. 

After about an hour they all leave to go home being as it was early in the morning and everyone had to work but we had all decided we would play another game of Candor or Dauntless when Tris was better. 

"Go home Tobias, I will be fine here" she says sleepily. She turns onto her side and rest her head and arms on my chest. I put my arm around her. She is struggling to keep her eyes until she looks at me, I kiss her clammy forehead, she closes her eyes. The infirmary is quiet apart from the constant beeping of machines and snores from other people. 

The Doctor walks over to me with a piece of paper in her hand. 

"I sent those pills off for testing because I have never seen anything like them. You have to go home now and come back in the morning. We want to monitor her for the night." She says quietly. I nod. She walks off to the group of doctors holding mugs in there hands. "I will be back in the morning baby" I whisper, Tris cuddles closer and clutches my t-shirt in her hands. I gently move her arm off my chest and carefully lift her head up and slide off the bed and place her head back on the pillow.

As I walk away from her bed I see her tossing and turning like she is looking at me but she settles and falls still. 

*************

I wake up and look over at Tris's side of the bed and panic but realise she is in the hospital. It is 7 O'clock so I get up and go have a shower. 

When I am out I get dressed and grab a piece of fruit and walk out the door because Zeke and Shauna have already gone. I walk over to the initiate room to tell them where to go. As I walk in they are all up and getting ready. Jess notices me and skips over to me. 

"Hey Four, training doesn't start till 7:30 and you like tired" She giggles.

"I just came her to say you are training with the dauntless born today because I am not able to" I say gravely. Jess looks behind me.

"Hey wheres Tris? And why aren't you available?" He asks worriedly.

"She's in the hospital because she was poisoned so I am staying with her, but if I have to leave her for a bit I will come and see what Lauren and Uriah are teaching you ok" I sigh not wanting a remind of Tris in the hospital.

She gasps "Is she ok?!". Everyone looks over to see what see was gasping at.

"She will be fine now but I have to go and I might see you in training later" I say, I turn to leave.

"Ok Four tell her get well from all of us!" Jess shouts. I walk round the corner leaving the initiates to get on with their day.

I walk into the infirmary and I am greeted with the smell of disinfectant and soap and the constant beeping of the machines. I see Tris lying in bed sleeping. Her chest slowly rising and falling. I walk over, she still has the IV in her arm and the canula in her nose. I crouch down next to her and gently push a piece of hair out of her face. I slide myself gently onto the bed next to her. She opens an eye and a huge smile comes across her face. She wraps her arms round my neck and puts her head on my chest. I pull her close. 

"I missed you last night" I say into her head.

"I missed you too, I woke up and you weren't here and I panicked and I accidentally pulled the IV out of my arm" she laughs and shows me her other arm were there is a big bruise. I laughed.

"Your feeling better then and let me see that arm" I say smiling. She hands me her arm and I kiss it gently. 

"There all better" I say winking at her.

"They put me on this really strong painkiller it was newly invented by Erudite its called Morphine I think and they said I can go home today, thank god! It is so difficult sleeping in here, it is so noisy and I don't have you, so I was awake most of the night staring at the ceiling!" She giggled. I am so glad she is feeling better I hate to see her ill and the state she was in last night because she doesn't want to be seen as weak and from the following events, that is something she is not in my eyes anyway.

"The only good thing about this place is free food which is actually ok despite the stereo type of it" She said scratching at her IV.  I place my hand on her arm to get her to stop. 

"If you keep scratching at it you might pull it out again" I chuckle. She stops and pulls a face at me playfully.

"I just want to go home! I'm bored here!" She exclaimed slapping my chest. I laugh. The doctor that talked to me last night comes over.

"I see your feeling much better Tris" She says smiling at Tris.

"Oh yes I am feeling so much better, I was wondering when I would be able to go home?" She says smirking at me.

"I was actually coming over to discharge you now and Four will you come with me to sign a few papers?" She says.

"Yes of course" I say jumping up in the process nearly making Tris fall out of the bed. 

I follow her over to the desk and she brings out some discharge papers and hands me a pen as I am reading it she says "I had those pills tested and the lab couldn't figure it out what it was in it but they concluded it was some sort of poison, so I was thinking those pills were made especially for Tris". I look up shocked.

"WHAT?!" I say shocked. She nods gravely.

"If I were you Four, I would keep a close eye on her because who ever gave you those pills for her, seemed to intend to kill her, and they very nearly did at one point, she is extremely lucky!" She said shaking her head. I finish signing the papers and hurry over to Tris.

"Ok baby we can go" I say smiling but looking around the room, I decide against telling Tris just about it just yet. She throws the cover off and holds out her hand for me to help her. I grab her hand and pull her up gently. She is still wearing the clothes she was wearing when I brought her here and her hair is in a messy bun. She is so beautiful. She catches me staring at her and says "What? What?! Is there something on my face" She said rubbing her face. I laugh.

"I was just thinking how beautiful you look" I say pulling her close. She blushes and hits me playfully on my arm. 

"Shut up, I look terrible" She laughs. I kiss her but she fidgets. 

"What?" I say.

"Everyone is watching us" She blushes.

"I don't care" I say smirking at her. I put my hands in the small of her back and she hugs me. I kiss her head and rest my chin on her head. She then goes on her tiptoes and kisses me gently and when she pulls back, she blushes and looks away. I press my palm to hers and we walk out of the infirmary.

As we walk past the chasm I look at my watch, it reads 12:30. "Do you want to go get lunch" I ask.

"Hmmmmm I'm feeling like pineapple and I know we have some at home but you can if you want" She smiled.

"I can settle with pineapple" I smirk at her. She raises an eyebrow and jumps into my arms. I laugh and lift her off the floor, she wraps her legs round my waist knotting them at the back. She runs her fingers through my hair and presses her lips to mine "I love you so much Tobias" She says pulling back to look into my eyes.

"I love you more" I smirk.

She jumps down from my grasp, smiles and runs off. It's like she was never in hospital and critically ill a couple of hours ago. I run after her until I see her waiting at the door breathing heavily.

Hey guys!

I hope you are liking it so far! I am loving writing it!

Who else totally ships them? Sheo and Fourtris, adorable. Sorry fangirling right now! :') But I was freaking out earlier because I have 453 reads! That is insane being as I started this book on the 2nd of april and I have nearly 500 reads! OMG! It makes me happy to know that people are reading my book and are hopefully liking it :P

Thanks guys hope you liked it. Love you guys

EM

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.3K 80 17
(COMPLETED) One choice can free you. What if Tris (Beatrice) and Four (Tobias) picked Abnegation instead of Dauntless? Will they still be together? W...
1.4M 32.4K 82
What if the war never happened? What if everyone except Al was alive? This fanfiction is about Tris, Tobias, and all their friends lives in Dauntless...
54.8K 937 16
What would it be like without a war? What if Tris and Tobias got to live their life together, forever? Read and you'll find out what I think it would...
18.8K 450 26
What would happen if Tris didn't die? find out in this rewrite of the ending of allegiant