emmylou | natasha romanoff

By sansasrose

Kennedy Allen remembers the girl with the blue hair, the same way Natasha Romanoff can't forget the girl with... More

summary + cast.
prologue.
the meeting.
the promise.
the interrogation.
part one.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
part two.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
part three.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
part four.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
part five.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
part six.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
part seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
part eight.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
post-credit #1
post-credit #2
alternate endings.
vormir #1
vormir #2

thirty-four.

6.5K 300 481
By sansasrose

2016
Staten Island, New York
Norway

"Today is my favorite holiday because it was the day that I became the father to a beautiful baby girl that I wanted to name Franklin Jr. but apparently that wasn't an appropriate name for a girl so instead we have the beautiful and magnificent Kennedy Emily-Louise Allen. She was born a little premature but that didn't stop our little fighter and now today we get to celebrate her ninth birthday!"

Franklin Allen smiles at the camera before turning it around, making his way down the hall of their Ohio home. The door reads in loud letters, KENNEDY'S ROOM. He turns the camera toward himself.

"We are about to enter Kennedy's natural habitat where only one other specimen is welcome. The quiet and willful, Natasha."

Frank opens the door of the room, and a smile crosses his lips as he turns the camera around. There was an empty mattress on the floor and in Kennedy's bed lie not only Kennedy but Natasha as well. Kennedy was laying on top of Natasha, sleeping soundly.

Frank turns the camera back toward himself, "For those of you that aren't aware, it appears that Kennedy and Natasha have chosen each other as lifelong mates. I promise not to cry at their wedding."

"And now for the best part," Frank says as he turns the camera back toward his daughter and her best friend, "Happy happy birthday!"

The two girls startle out of their sleep and Natasha instantly jumps up to defend them but relaxes when she notices the camera. Kennedy tilts her head, frown on her lips as she looks up at her father.

"Dad!"

"Sorry," he says with a laugh, "Happy birthday, sweetheart."

"Why are you recording?" Kennedy asks, "I'm just turning nine. I'm not even a ten-nager."

Natasha looks over at her, "Was that a pun?"

Kennedy shrugs with a smile, "I thought it was funny."

"Every birthday is precious," her father states, "Someday when you're really old, like thirty, you're going to want to remember this."

"I guess," Kennedy responds.

"Natasha!" Frank exclaims, "N to the A to the T!"

Natasha giggles and Kennedy smiles at the sound.

"Do you have a birthday message that you want to give Kennedy to look back on when she's super old?"

"Um," Natasha says thoughtfully, "Hi old Kennedy! Happy birthday! Hopefully, you and I are still friends, and we live together in New York, and we have a dog and a cat!"

"And Yelena's there!" Kennedy exclaims, resting her chin on Natasha's shoulder.

"This is my message, not yours," Natasha retorts before looking back at the camera, "Um hopefully Yelena visits occasionally and I just hope that your life is filled with nothing but love from me and everyone else in the world because you deserve it. I love you now and I'll love you always."

Kennedy smiles as she looks at Natasha, "You'll love me always?"

Natasha moves her shoulder away from Kennedy, "Don't make a big deal out of it."

Frank turns the camera toward himself, "They're so getting married."

A single tear falls down Kennedy's cheek at the sight of her father. Restrained to a chair she couldn't wipe the tear from her cheek, so a hand reached out to do it for her. Kennedy naturally twitches away from it.

"It's beautiful, really," Dreykov says, "The love of children. It's so innocent. So pure."

Kennedy doesn't say anything, she focuses on her father's face. The smile that her mother had always labeled as goofy. A smile that was bringing her comfort during one of the most terrifying moments in her life.

"I knew about you," Dreykov tells her, "Natalia tried her best to keep you a secret, but I knew. When she defected, the first place that we thought to look was with you, but you weren't her first stop. Were you mad that she didn't come back to you?"

"Go fuck yourself," Kennedy says as she tears her eyes away from her father and looks at Dreykov. The man stares at her and then he smiles.

"I knew that Natalia wouldn't pick a weak one," Dreykov says as he kneels to Kennedy's level. He brushes a strand of hair from her face, and she glares at him. His smile widens into a sinister smile, "I was going to kill you. Make a display of the whole ordeal in front of Natalia as punishment, but then you took the serum."

Dreykov twirls a strand of her hair around his finger, "Which means you are more valuable to me alive than dead. You might turn out to be my greatest creation yet."

"I'm not going to do anything for you," Kennedy tells him, "So you might as well kill me here and now because if I get loose I'm ripping your head from your shoulders with my bare hands for what you've done."

"And what have I done?" Dreykov asks her.

"You torture these girls. Break them. You take away their will and you turn them into something that they never asked to be," Kennedy states, "You're a monster."

"A monster," Dreykov says as though tasting the word on his tongue, "I care for these girls. Raise them. They were nothing until I made them something."

"Now that's where you're wrong," Kennedy retorts, "They were something. They were someone before you."

"What was Natalia? Hm? If not for me she would never be good enough for that circus they call the Avengers."

"I am so tired of people taking credit for something they had nothing to do with," Kennedy says rolling her eyes, "You didn't do anything. Without you, Natasha would still be the amazing woman that I know today."

"Of course, you'd believe that," Dreykov says, "You love her."

"Yeah," Kennedy says, "I do."

Dreykov reaches out and grabs her chin, forcing her to look at him, "That's okay. We can fix that, I can fix that."

Kennedy stares at him and then she does something that unsettles him slightly. She laughs. The woman that he had restrained begins laughing in his face. Dreykov's brows furrow at the sight as Kennedy smiles in his face.

"You can torture me. Torment me. Try to break me. Hell, you can even kill me. One thing will remain true. I will always love Natasha Romanoff. So go ahead, try to break me," Kennedy shakes her head with a smile on her lips, "You won't win."

Dreykov simply watched her, and Kennedy quirked an eyebrow at the man before looking at the screen of her paused home video. She was scared out of her mind. In a moment of fear and panic, she'd taken the serum. She knew she wouldn't win against trained assassins, even with the serum. But she knew that it would keep her alive. It would buy her some time until Natasha figured something out. She had to survive this. She was going to.

Kennedy took a deep breath as she looked at her father's face. She was his daughter. She'd fought to live before. She was stronger than she knew, and she had people to get home to. Her mother, her sister, Natasha, Wanda. She could do this. She could do it.

"Come on Dreykov," Kennedy says getting comfortable in her seat, "Give me your worst."

Natasha enters the house and heads straight for her bedroom. Hearing the movement of drawers being opened and shut, Wanda pokes her head into Kennedy and Natasha's bedroom and notices that everything has been thrown everywhere.

"Nat?" Wanda asks as she steps into the room, "Is everything okay?"

"No," Natasha says as she heads into the closet and opens a safe, pulling out at least three pistols.

"Okay," Wanda says, "Would you like to tell me what's going on?"

Natasha stops packing, "Kennedy's been taken by the Red Room."

"What?" Wanda asks, "How do you know?"

"When we were on our mission to stop Ultron, we made an emergency code word. Bluebird Wine. It's a song by Emmylou Harris. Reagan told me that Kennedy said to listen to the song and that it will remind me of home."

"Home as in the Red Room," Wanda mutters softly, "I need to tell you something."

"I'm sure it can wait," Natasha says as she begins shoving clothes into bags.

"No," Wanda says, "It can't."

Natasha stops and looks over at Wanda, "What is it?"

"When Kennedy was searching for Yelena, she got some threatening messages. That's why she broke her phone. She was trying to destroy it for that reason. The messages that they sent her were I see you, find me before I find you, and I warned you."

"When did she tell you all of this?"

"After the bombing in Vienna," Wanda says, "She was scared that someone might come so she told me to be careful. She said she'd tell you after everything settled."

Natasha stares at Wanda at a loss for words. Kennedy knew they were coming after her. There was no way that she didn't and yet she didn't say anything. She sat there and helped the team sort through their stupid issues.

Natasha took a seat on the bed. She wanted to cry. She really wanted to.

"Nat," Wanda says softly as she sits down beside her, "I'm so sorry."

Natasha shakes her head, "This isn't your fault."

A single tear slips down Natasha's cheek and she wipes it away as she looks at Wanda, "When I was eleven, our mission in Ohio ended and I had to go back to the Red Room. There, they train you to be nothing but a cold-blooded killer. You weren't allowed to have attachments. But I did. Dreykov could sense my hesitance when I was brought back. He knew that I had one."

"He knows what she means to me," Natasha says, "And he wants to hurt me and he's going to use her to do that."

"Not if we stop him," Wanda tells her.

"No," Natasha says as she stands, "I'm not bringing you into this."

"I've lost one family already," Wanda states, "I cannot lose another. I'm coming with you."

"Wanda," Natasha states, "I can't bring you along. Because if he gets you and he hurts you, that's on me and I'm not losing my wife and kid to him. He's ruined my life enough."

"You can't expect me to sit here and do nothing! You guys are the closest thing I've had to parents since I lost my mom and dad. We're a family and family fights for family. You go. I go."

Natasha looks at Wanda, a small smile on her lips, "I'm super proud of you, you know that? It takes a lot of guts to want to protect those closest to you."

Wanda shakes her head, "Please don't."

"I'm sorry, but I have to keep you safe," Natasha says as she lifts her arm and hits Wanda with Widow's Bite. She didn't use enough to hurt her, she just needed to knock her out. Natasha grabbed the bag, zipping it up before heading out of the house.

She got in her car and drove to the Avenger's Facility. Tony's car was parked outside, and Natasha sighed as she knew that she'd have to answer questions that she didn't really have the answer to.

She scanned her badge and entered the facility, heading toward the deck where they kept the Quinjets. She passed by the training room, and she looked over to see Peter and Tony, both in their respective suits.

"Woohoo!" she heard Peter exclaim, "Did you see that Mr. Stark? I beat my personal record!"

"I saw it," Tony states, "But you didn't beat my personal record so who cares about yours."

Natasha watches them in the training room for a moment before heading toward the deck.

"Miss. Romanoff," Vision says, "I saw that you scanned in."

"Hi Vision," Natasha says as she adjusts the bag on her shoulder.

"Are you headed somewhere?" he asks her.

"Yeah," Natasha states, "I have to go home."

"Home?" Vision asks, "As in the Red Room?"

Natasha's jaw clenches, "They have Kennedy."

At the revelation, Natasha is surprised to see the synthezoid emote. Vision was a complex being, he tried to understand human emotions, but at the end of the day, he wasn't human. But at that moment he appeared as though he was going to cry.

"I see," Vision states, "Then allow me to share some information that Dr. Allen and I had been discussing. I can upload the files to the Quinjet while you are en route."

"Thank you," she tells him, "May I ask a favor of you?"

"Of course," Vision tells her.

"Wanda and Reagan are going to try and come after me. Don't tell them anything about the Red Room. Erase any data and do not let them leave New York. And don't tell the rest of the team."

"Miss. Romanoff-"

"No," Natasha states, "This is the monster that I created. This is my Ultron and I have to take it on alone."

"I see," Vision states, "However if you do find that you need assistance I will ensure that it is provided to you."

Natasha steps forward and embraces Vision, who hugs her back without question. She pulls away and gives him a nod.

"Dr. Allen is stronger than all of us know," Vision says as Natasha gets in the Quinjet, "They will not break her."

Natasha's lip quirk in a small smile, "I know."

She gets on the jet and sits there. The thing was that Natasha had no idea where the Red Room's exact coordinates were. And if Dreykov was still running the show, then that meant that she had killed Antonia for nothing. She'd taken Dreykov's daughter from him and now he was going to hit Natasha where it hurt.

She settled on the safe house in Norway while she thought through things. It was mostly forgotten, and she was sure that they were expecting her at the Red Room, it'd be stupid to march in there without a plan because that would only speed up the inevitable.

Vision had sent over the information that Kennedy had been researching. HYDRA had been working on a new version of the Winter Soldier project with the Red Room. A controlled trained assassin with super serum would make for the perfect weapon. Dreykov was probably drooling at the mouth at the thought.

Dreykov wanted to hurt her, which meant that he wouldn't kill Kennedy, not unless she was present for it. The man had patience and he'd wait forever to hurt her. Here it was nearly eighteen years after the incident and Dreykov was still holding a grudge.

So, Natasha settled in. She bought groceries and went to the safe house. She did research on any strange behavior, assassinations, anything. But it was quiet on the news aside from commentary on T'Challa taking over as King of Wakanda and the question of where was Steve Rogers.

What Natasha didn't know was that someone was watching her.

Anya Nikolaeva watched Natasha Romanoff for a week. She watched as the woman woke up and ate a bowl of cereal as she did research on her laptop, and she watched as she prepared for bed still looking on her laptop. Growing up she'd heard tales of Natalia Romanova, the widow who escaped. She had dreams of being the one to track her down and she had.

On that eighth day, Natasha left, and Anya decided that she wanted to get to know the widow that got away a little better. She picked the lock with ease before stepping inside the house. There was a box of letters by the door and Anya picked it up and set it on the counter. None of the letters were recent, all dating back to the early 2000s.

She read through some of them, and one caught her attention, a letter from Laura Barton to Clint Barton expressing that she was pregnant with their second child. The envelope was wrinkled, indicating that it had gotten wet, probably with tears. The letter made her smile and she set it aside as she continued to rummage through the box. Anya heard a clanking noise and stuck her hand inside, pulling out several red vials.

Between the vials was a photo strip. She pulled it out and saw that there were two girls, one with blue hair and the other blonde. She flipped it over and saw nothing on the back and flipped it over again.

"Yelena?" Anya said softly, identifying the younger girl. She'd sent the vials to Natasha, but why? Was she aware that Natasha was currently tracking down her lover?

There was the soft click of a gun and Anya looked up to see that Natasha had returned from her shopping trip about an hour earlier than she was supposed to. She wonders if Natasha ever even had the intention of going to the store or was simply trying to lure her out. Anya, still holding the vials and photograph, lifted her hands in surrender, showing Natasha she was no threat.

Natasha looks at her, eyes conflicted, "You're just a kid."

Moving quickly, Anya kicks the gun out of Natasha's hand unarming her. She quickly places the photograph and vials on the counter as she grabs the gun and aims it at Natasha.

"Nice move," Natasha tells her.

"Yelena taught it to me," Anya says as she unloads the gun and hands it to Natasha. She stares at the gun and then at Anya before taking the gun and the mag and placing them both on the counter.

"Who are you?"

"Anya Nikolaeva," she says, "And you are the widow that got away, Natalia Alianova Romanova, known by those in the west as Natasha Romanoff."

"You're a widow?" Natasha asks. Anya nods her head, "How old were you? When you graduated?"

"Fourteen," Anya says, "It was last year."

Natasha's eyes soften, "You're so young."

"Yeah I am," Anya says, "And so were you when you graduated. And so was Yelena. Dreykov doesn't care."

"Did he send you here to kill me?"

"No," Anya says, "That's not really my area."

"Area?" Natasha asks her.

"My specialization," Anya says, "I'm a tracker. I can find anyone or anything. I mean I'm still an assassin at the end of the day, but typically I find the subjects, or at least I did."

"You escaped?"

"Yelena and I were on a mission in Morocco. We were tracking down a widow. She had something that Dreykov wanted. It turns out that Dreykov has been chemically altering our brains. We're still who we are but he controls us."

Anya grabs the vials, "She used this on me and Yelena and suddenly we were free."

"You're saying that rather than train us into submission, he's chemically altering the brain?" Natasha asks and Anya nods her head, "Fuck." Her eyes then narrow at Anya, "Why are you telling me all of this? Where's Yelena?"

"Let's just say she's mad at you," Anya replies, "Mad about who you've become."

"How well do you know her?" Natasha inquires.

"In the Red Room, Yelena was my mentor. I wasn't a good fighter, they were going to kill me, you know how they are. She took me under her wing. She saved my life. We were on the same squad. I'd find them, she killed them. If I could use the word family, then I'd use it for her."

"And why aren't you with her now?"

"Difference in opinion," Anya states, "The girl Dreykov has that you care so much about, Kennedy Allen. Yelena used to tell me about her. And you. Imagine her surprise when she found out her older sister is an Avenger and never thought to rescue her."

Natasha's gaze shifts away, "Kennedy tried."

"I know," Anya says, "I believe that we can be beneficial to one another. I can help you find the Red Room and Kennedy and you can help us destroy the Red Room and free the Widows."

Natasha looks at her, "Tell me, if you and Yelena are so close, then where was our mission in the States?"

"Springfield, Ohio," Anya answers without missing a beat, "You lived in a house next door to Kennedy Allen. There was a massive tree where fireflies would gather. Yelena would call them forest stars."

Natasha nods her head. If Yelena trusted her, then so did she, "All right, so how can we find the Red Room?"

Anya shakes her head, "You don't find the Red Room, the Red Room finds you," she grabs the vials, "Dreykov wants these, he's looking for them so we're going to use them to lure him out."

"Sounds like a plan," Natasha states, "Do you know where Yelena is?"

"Budapest. Your old safe house."

"We're going there," Natasha tells her.

"Yelena doesn't want to see you," Anya states.

"Yelena will want to see Kennedy and I know that Kennedy will want to see her. Besides we need her for the mission."

Anya gives Natasha a look. She didn't know the extent of Yelena's hurt. Them together was not going to go well, but Natasha was a legend in Anya's eyes so who was she to disagree with her, "Okay."

"We'll head out at nightfall," Natasha tells her, and Anya nods.

"Is it cool if I have some cereal? I've been watching you and I haven't eaten in like three days."

"Knock yourself out," Natasha tells her, "Why have you been watching me?"

Anya heads over to the fridge and grabs the milk, "You're a legend. Every widow looks up to you. You're the one that escaped. You turned your life around. You're engaged to an accomplished woman and the world views you as a hero. You gave us hope. That there was more to life than the Red Room."

"Me?" Natasha asks sounding surprised and Anya nods as she pours the cheerios into a bowl and then the milk.

"If Dreykov didn't have control of the widows, they'd probably be bowing at your feet," Anya says as she puts the cap on the milk and begins to eat the cereal, "Plus I wanted to find you for Yelena. She misses you, she just doesn't know it."

Natasha snorts as she looks at the vials, "So what do you want after all of this?"

"Honestly?" Anya says, "I just want to live a normal life. I really want to be a journalist. I know I could track down any story."

Natasha smiles at that, "The New York Times won't know what hit them."

Anya chuckles at that as she continues eating the cereal.

Night falls and the two of them gather everything that they need, placing it in the truck as they begin their journey to Budapest.

"So," Anya says, "Is it okay if I ask questions?"

"Depends on the questions," Natasha tells her.

"Kennedy," Anya states, "She's your fiancé?"

"Wife," Natasha corrects, "We married at the courthouse."

"Does she know the truth?" Anya asks, "About what you've done? Who you are?"

"She knew when we were kids," Natasha tells her, "She knew what I would become and once we met again I told her who I was."

"And she wasn't scared of you?"

"No, she wasn't. I got lucky," Natasha says, and Anya nods her head as she looks out of the windshield. Natasha glances over at her, "You'll find people like that. Kennedy, she has a thing for strays. She'll love you."

Anya smiles at that, "Yeah?"

"Yeah," Natasha tells her.

They're reaching the last leg of the trip, Anya asleep in the passenger seat when the car is suddenly hit with an explosive, sending it flying and hanging off the side of the bridge. Natasha groans and looks over at Anya.

"You still with me?"

"Yeah," Anya answers, "What the hell was that?"

"Great question," Natasha replies as she looks in the direction that the blast had come from. A figure begins to walk toward the car, and Natasha wasn't sure if she was seeing things since she bumped her head but suddenly there were two people walking toward the car.

"Ow."

Natasha looks over at Anya who also seems alarmed by the sound. They both look in the back seat and Natasha can't believe her eyes as she spots Wanda and Reagan on the floor of the backseat.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Who the hell is this?" Anya asks.

"Who the hell are you?" Reagan asks.

"We don't have time for this," Natasha states, "We'll make introductions later. Wanda, can you stabilize the car?"

"Yeah, just give me a moment," Wanda's hands glow red and suddenly the car is no longer on the edge of the bridge and is instead in the middle of the road.

"How the hell did she do that?" Anya asks, but no one answers as they all get out of the car, "How the hell did she do that?" Anya repeats to herself once more as she gets out of the car.

Natasha looks at the two people marching toward them and notices that they're wearing full-body armor. Their faces were covered by a mask, and they continue walking toward them. Natasha pulls out her pistol, aiming it at the two figures, and begins shooting, only for one of them to pull out a shield to block the bullets.

Natasha wastes a mag and the one attacker notices, throwing the shield at Natasha, but it stops midair and sails back toward them, forcing the attackers to roll away and dodge.

"How is she doing that?" Anya questions.

"I'm a HYDRA experiment," Wanda answers simply.

"Oh," Anya mutters, "Cool."

"What do they want?" Reagan asks.

"The antidote," Anya says as she holds it up in her hand. Both attackers focus on it. Reagan looks over at Anya, her brows furrowing.

"How old are you?"

"I'm fifteen, how old are you?" Anya asks.

"This isn't the time," Wanda responds, "Anya, Reagan, take the antidote and run."

"How do you know my name?" Anya questions.

"I can read minds, now go!" Wanda orders and the two girls to take off running for the other end of the bridge, only for the other attacker without the shield to take off after them. Natasha tackles her to the ground and the attacker rolls over on her side, tilting her head as she looked at Natasha.

Natasha tilted her head back, eyes narrowing. Something felt familiar about the person before her.

She slowly rose to her feet and her opponent did the same, the two of them staring at each other. Natasha's eyes lowered as she noticed that they had a knife and began attacking her. Natasha ducked and dodged, realizing that the knife work was similar to Bucky's.

She's able to knock the knife out of the person's hand and land a kick to their chest, sending them stumbling back. She looks over to see Wanda, handling her own against the other attacker who's fighting style was similar to Steve's.

Had someone been studying them?

Natasha's attention went back to the person before her as they charged at her, swinging with nothing but their fist. Natasha used her forearm to block attacks but they were extremely strong and she was overpowered, taking a punch to the face. And then another. Natasha ducked under the next punch and rolled away.

She wanted to know who her attacker was. They launched at her and Natasha knew that they were stronger, so she avoided all attacks and when she saw an opening, she grabs the mask and pulled it off.

She didn't get the opportunity to look as her attacker tackled her to the ground, the two of them rolling around before Natasha is able to kick her off. Her attacker lands with grace and Natasha rises to her feet and looks at the woman before her, throat closing up.

"Kennedy?" she says softly as her eyes soften. There stood Kennedy, two braids in her hair and a frown on her lips. She stares at her, expecting Kennedy to reply or to at the very least recognize her.

But she doesn't.

Instead, Kennedy pulls out a gun and aims it at Natasha. There was a part of Natasha that knew it was stupid to simply stand there, that Kennedy didn't recognize her and that she was going to pull the trigger. The other half didn't know that though and that was the half that won out.

Natasha stood there as the gun went off, but she never felt the impact as she was tackled out of the way and off of the bridge. She fell into the water with a splash and when she surfaced, she saw Anya swimming across from her.

"Thanks," Natasha tells her.

"We need to get out of here," Anya says as they begin swimming toward the shore. They make it to land and Anya collapses on the ground as she looks at her arm. Natasha looks at her concerned.

"Did she hit you?"

"Just a graze," Anya says softly, "I'll be fine."

"Nat?" Reagan's soft voice comes out, "Are you here?"

"Yeah, we're down here."

Reagan and Wanda appear, and Reagan runs over and embraces Natasha, despite the fact that she was soaking wet. Natasha hugs her back until it clicks that Reagan wasn't supposed to be here.

She shoves Reagan away, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Kennedy is my sister! Of course I was going to come after her!"

Natasha pinches the bridge of her nose, "I'm going to lose it."

"Hi, I'm Reagan," she says as she holds her hand out to Anya, "I'm nineteen by the way."

"I'm Wanda," she says lifting her hand, "I'm twenty-one."

"Why are you telling her your age?" Natasha asks.

"Reagan did."

"Because she asked," Regan defends.

"You two are supposed to be in New York!" Natasha says as she walks toward the two girls, "Do you have any idea what mess you just walked into."

"Yes," Wanda answers, "We're not stupid. We're also not useless. You need us to take down the Red Room."

"You know what the Red Room is?" Anya asks.

"Yeah," Wanda says, "Do you?"

"I have trained there my whole life," she replies, "I'd say I'm pretty familiar."

Reagan looks at her, eyes softening as she looks at the younger girl. Anya notices and shrugs her shoulders. The damage was already done.

"You are not the only person that loves Kennedy," Wanda states, "You want to do this without the team, fine. But you do not get to do this without me. Kennedy is my family too and I love her just as much as you do. So does Reagan."

"This isn't a regular fight! This is personal!" Natasha exclaims, "We're going against someone who has a vendetta against me! Who will use those closest to me to hurt me! Do you know who was on that bridge? Did you see?"

There's a pause before Wanda answers, "No."

"It was Kennedy," Natasha states, "Tell me, can you fight her?"

"Can you?" Anya questions from the ground, getting everyone's attention, "She was going to shoot you, and you just stood there."

"I was caught off guard," Natasha responds.

"You can't be," Anya says, "Because that isn't Kennedy. That is Dreykov's weapon and she will do whatever he tells her to until we can get her the antidote."

"She was stronger than usual," Natasha states, "Like Steve strong. I think –" Natasha can't even bring herself to say the words, "I think she was given super-soldier serum."

Wanda swallows as she looks around, "We need to get out of here."

Natasha nods in agreement, "Do we still have the vials?" Reagan holds them up, "Good. We're about thirty minutes out from the Budapest safe house. Let's get walking."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.8K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
701K 19K 110
A slowburn, Natasha Romanoff/ Black widow x Fem! Reader. Through the events of Captain America Civil war - post endgame! [Note, not all chapters are...
129K 4.4K 39
๐š ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐š ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. แด‡แด แด‡ส€แด‡๊œฑแด›...
82.8K 2.2K 13
๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฆ | "ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ (ส/ษด) แดขแดสŸแดสœแดแด  ส€แด‡แดœษดษชแด›แด‡s แดกษชแด›สœ สœแด‡ส€ sษชsแด›แด‡ส€s." โง— ะฒฯƒฯƒะบ ฯƒฮทั” ฯƒฦ’ ั‚ะฝั” zฯƒโ„“ฯƒะฝฯƒฮฝ ั•ั”ัฮนั”ั• "๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™ง๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ช๐™จ ๐™–๏ฟฝ...