Bold, Breathless Love

By Soulmates2

Book one: Bad boy, gorgeous Steven Colber, most popular boy in high school, captain of the football team, acc... More

Deep Blue Eyes
Cafe Premiere
I Don't talk to strangers
Clown Girl
It Not As It Seems
Obsessed
Rain Rain Go Away
The Conceited Pig
Heartbroken
The Heart Wants What it Wants
Sleepless Nights
To Conquor
Dress Shopping
Love
Church, Food, and More Shopping
Down Town Park Ridge
Breathless kisses
The Heart Wants What it Wants
Hangover
A River of Tears
Innocence in its Purity
Love
Unbearable Pain
She's Mine !
Do You Love Me?
Flames of Fire
Victory
Sexy and Hot
Emotions
Botanic Gardens
The Secret
My Father
Claire smiles
Anthony and Claire
Sweet Nothings
The Dells
The Rumba
Misunderstandings
Claire's doubts
Thursday morning
Bittersweet Moments
The Secret
Why?
Claires Promise
The Baby
Graduation
Galena

He Knows My Name

991 31 3
By Soulmates2

"Did I just hear you tell Carol that you will pick her up on Saturday for a date?" Jacob asked.

Steven sat himself down and faced his friend, "And?"

"And you're setting yourself up for disaster!" Jacob replied in a low tone of voice, so no one from the surrounding tables heard him, "Christina will claw her eyes out!"

"Christina will soon be history," Steven replied, and took a sip of his latte.

"But she will not go down quietly," Anthony who sat across from Steven told him, "if you dump her let alone see one of her ex friends the shit will hit the roof!"

"Christina is a whore, why would I care about her feelings?" Steven looked at Anthony daring him to deny his words.

"She may be a whore, but she is also a bitch and will destroy Carol!" Jacob added.

Steven sighed, and wondered how he was going to be rid of the monkey on his back. He knew Christina was a strong and powerful girl and she would fight for him.

************

"Wait did I just hear clearly?" Claire asked.

"What?" Abby asked, "what are you talking about?"

"Steven just asked Carol on a date!"

"I thought he was dating Christina."

Claire leaned closer to Abby not wanting anyone to hear her, "Since when did that stop Steven from cheating, and so what if he is dating Christina, rumor has it that she sleeps around too!"

"Rumor also has it that Steven is a man whore, Abby said, "they deserve each other!"

"If Christina finds out that Steven took Carol on a date, she will pull Carol's hair out!" Claire said, "I feel bad for Carol, she seems like a decent girl."

"Why would you feel sorry for Carol," Abby asked, "Carol knows exactly what she is getting herself into. Everyone knows Steven's history, he loves them and then leaves them!"

"That's true, there are even rumors that he has gotten a few girls pregnant and forced them to have an abortion!" Claire explained, "and they still want him, I don't understand why!"

Abby knew why, hadn't she almost fallen in that trap herself? "He is a pig and sooner or later he will get his!"

At that moment Claire's iPhone rang and she answered it. "I'll be there right away!" Carol said, and then placed her phone in her pocket and rose from her chair, "I'm sorry Abby, emergency at home I'll explain tomorrow, I have to go now!"

Abby watched her friend leave, great she thought, it was uncomfortable to be left all alone in a cafe full of people and especially when Steven was jut a few tables away. She pulled her science book out and pretended to be studying.

Half hour later she looked up from her book and noticed that Stevens table was empty, good, she thought, and relaxed herself. She sipped the last of her latte, gathered her books in her backpack and stood.

When she stepped outside the crisp night air sent a chill through her body and Abby zipped her jacket. It was now dark and the street lamps were lit. As she started to walked down the street, she noticed someone leaning against the brick wall of Cafe Premiere near the alley smoking a cigarette and she quickened her steps.

"What are you doing walking all by yourself in the dark?" A familiar voice called out.

Relief flooded through her that it wasn't a strange man, but anger settled in the pit of her stomach, "Go away!" She sneered.

Her reaction always had an effect on him, she was the only girl in the world that could move him in such a way. "Are you afraid of me?" He asked.

"Why would I be afraid of you!" She spitted out.

"Because I seem to have some kind of effect on you each time you see me."

"Maybe it's because you are conceited!"

Steven laughed that sexy laugh that made her weak in the knees, "You find me conceited?" He had been called that many times before , but this was the first time it bothered him. Rolling her eyes, Abby walked away, but Steven grabbed her arm and whirled her around, "Why do you find me conceited!"

"Leave me alone, go away!" She told him, and tried to release her arm from his hold.

"I just need to speak to you about something."

"Me and you have nothing to talk about!"

"I understand that, you are way below my standard, but I need your help with calculus and I was wondering if you would help me."

"Below your standard?" How dare he! "I wouldn't help you if you were hanging on for dear life on a cliff!"

She walked away swiftly, angry at herself for allowing his words to effect her.

"Please?" He called out after her.

"You don't even know my name!" Abby threw over her shoulders, "why would I help a stranger!"

"Abby wait!" He called out after her when she crossed the street and started running away.

***************

He knows my name!

A warm feeling engulfed her, closing the door to bedroom Abby Leaned against it and a single tear glided down her face. Of God, she thought, how was she going to fall asleep tonight with him on her mind?

Taking off her gym shoes and school clothes Abby wore her pajamas, turned off the light, and slipped into her bed. Pulling the covers over her head she cried her heart out.

" I hate you!" She whispered angrily, But deep down inside her heart she knew that she was falling in love with Steven, And the realization of that turned her stomach to knots. "Oh God, what am I going to do?"

She tossed and turned all night and it seemed like only minutes after she fell asleep her iPhone rang. "Hello." Her voice sounded groggy and her eyes were still closed.

"Abby I'm outside," Jeff said, "are you ready?"

Her eyes opened wide and she quickly jumped out of bed. "I'll be down in five!" She told him, and at record speed she had dressed, braided her hair and brushed her teeth. After putting on her shoes she grabbed her backpack and raced out of her room, and down the stairs.

Cucci wagged his tail and barked a few times and Abby backtracked and placed water and food in his bowls. After petting the dog she left her house and walked down the driveway where Jeff waited for her.

"I'm sorry I overslept!" She told Jeff, and she jumped into his car.

Jeff's eyes softened, as he gazed into hers, he loved this girl as far back as he could remember and this weekend he was going to tell her. "So what else is knew?" He laughed.

The drive to Cafe Premeire was smooth, Jeff was silent, and Abby was trying hard not to fall asleep.

"Come on pretty lady, get out of the car," Jeff told her when they arrived. "seems to me you need to drink some coffee to wake up!"

Abby rolled her eyes, but didn't respond because he was right. Jeff held the door open for her and she walked inside the cafe and headed straight to get in line. "My turn today, you paid last time and the time before that!"

Jeff smiled amd pulled her out of the line, "No girl of mine pays for me," he told her, "go find us a table!"

Abby walked away and found a table in the corner. She pulled out a chair, sat down  and stared at Jeff from afar. What did he mean exactly when he said 'my girl' She thought, and prayed he wasn't getting any ideas, although Jeff was gorgeous and a great catch, she wasn't interested in him. She then washed that thought away knowing that a handsome boy like him would never want to have a girlfriend like her, he could have any girl he wanted why would he want her, she must have misinterpreted his words.

She looked up just in time to see Jeff heading in her direction with two latte's in his hands and a smile as wide as the Jorden river on his face. He placed the coffee's on the table and sat himself across from her.

"You seem very thoughtful." He said, "a penny for your thoughts."

Abby first grabbed the latte and took a long sip before answering him, "I was just thinking about the spring dance. " she lied, "I think it would be a good idea if you took Clary to the dance."

Jeff studied her face for a moment before he responded, "I was going to ask you to go with me."

Her heart sank, how would she turn down her best friend, she didn't want to go with him to the dance and encourage him, he was like a brother to her and nothing more. It never crossed her mind that he wanted more from her until now.

"I'm sorry but I'm not sure I will attend, but you should ask Claire, I know she has her heart on going and I know she would love to go with you." Abby looked at his face for a reaction, "I think she is in love with you, and I also think that the both of you would be a great match!"

A harsh sigh escaped Jeff's lips, and then his eyes bore into hers, "There is something I want to tell you."

Abby's stomach twisted into knots, as she prepared herself for his next words.

"I don't want to go to the dance with Claire, I want to go with you!" And he continued quickly before she was able to get in two words, "I love you Abby."

Her heart pounded against her chest, and she braced herself not knowing how he would respond to her next words, "I'm sorry Jeff, I don't know what to say...." The hurt in his eyes was torture for Abby, she never wanted to hurt him, but she didn't want to lead him on either, "I love you too, but not in that way, you are like a brother to me and I treasure that."

"I am not your brother!" He whispered, "and I can't just be your friend, I have deep feelings for you and I thought you felt the same!"

Would there ever be a day in her life, she thought, without some kind of drama?

"Please Jeff, I don't want to hurt you, I love you I do, it's just that I don't ....."

"Don't!" His voice sounded hoarse and full of pain.

And just when Abby was about to respond, Claire appeared, "Hey you two, what are you guys doing here?"

Embarrassed, Abby plastered a fake smile on her face, "We were just going to call you." She lied and noticed the resentment in Jeff's eyes.

Placing her backpack on the floor, Claire pulled out the empty chair and sat with them. "Jeff I've been meaning to ask you, would you like to go to the spring dance with me?"

After a moment of hesitation, he finally spoke, "Sure why not." And he looked at Abby to see her reaction .

Never in her wildest dreams would she have thought that there was a possibility that Jeff could ever like her in that way, let alone love her. A few years ago there was a time when Abby had found herself to be infatuated with him, but she quickly wiped those thoughts from her mind thinking he was good looking and he couldn't have possibly want to date her. Looking back now, she could see how he was always attentive to her and always wanted to be around her.

*****************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26K 43
Clementine, Clem, Reeves is a laid back girl who blends into the background happily. Never in her life has she wanted to be popular. She's seen the m...
278K 7.9K 26
This original novel is from 2014! I have begun to rewrite it so please go check out the new rewrite posted now! 2 rewritten chapters will come out ev...
973K 31.2K 42
UNEDITED VERSION When a social outcast who's harbouring secrets meets a stone-cold soccer player with an intense stare- sparks fly. The only question...
774 70 18
Conventionally popular football captain and universally liked nerd is probably a way too overused trope, but here's a little spin on it. Adrian and...