Ruinous King (RSSG x Male Rea...

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

What makes one a King? Is it arrogance? Humility? Lineage? No! The King...is simply the one who wears the cro... More

Chapter 1: Descension
Chapter 2: Starting Anew
Chapter 3: Succession Scheme
Chapter 4: Frostbound Menace
Chapter 5: Bountiful Rewards
Chapter 6: The Road to Red Leaf Town
Chapter 7: Hollow Crown
Chapter 8: Stormriven
Chapter 9: Gearing Up
Chapter 10: Thunder Strikes at the Deathly Forest
Chapter 11: Not-So-Deathly Forest
Chapter 12: Deathly Forest, Conquered
Chapter 13: Path of One
Chapter 14: Alchemy
Chapter 15: The Nonstandard Prodigy
Chapter 17: The Alchemist Who Bottled the Wind
Chapter 18: Ruinous Past, Violet Fate
Chapter 19: Snowstorm
Chapter 20: Perdition's Keep, the Desecrated Fortress

Chapter 16: Edenic Days

250 10 8
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

After the confrontation with Yun Fengyan, (Y/N) didn't stick around in the classroom.

"Although I expected that my stay here wouldn't be favored, it seems like things won't play out peacefully." (Y/N) hummed as he walked, his lips curved into the faintest of smiles. The previous occurrence didn't surprise him in the least - in fact, he'd expected that in the coming days, such things would be far too commonplace.

The Nonstandard Prodigy.

A blessing and a curse.

A name he never wished for, but one that he bore all the same.

Truthfully, since his uprising in Eden, (Y/N) had strangely always remained at the 250th spot...despite never actually having taken part in the Rankings Tournament. Ever.

It was something that had once confused him, after all, although he certainly didn't lack the strength to hold the 250th spot...it had never once interested the younger him. So then, why was he there...?

The answer for that was all related to a single individual - the handsome man.

Although he didn't know why, he knew that the handsome man had expected great things from the younger him, and even in the past, the handsome man usually always had some hand in his growth. In fact, he always had a hand in most things that (Y/N) would ever find himself related in...not that he'd noticed until much, much later.

Strangely, however, the handsome man never approached him directly. He always seemed...expectant. As if patiently awaiting the arrival of a result of his...

(Y/N) never found the answer, even in the past.

Truthfully, it was the reason (Y/N) had been so surprised to see the handsome man smile. Even in the past, whether when he'd reached the Beyond Domain Realm, when he'd entered the Ascension Realm, or when he'd become the Commander of Eden's Main Force...it rendered little reaction from the handsome man.

Yet, in this life...

"He's hiding something."

It was all too obvious to (Y/N). He was no longer the naive, young boy he used to be.

However, although he had suspicions...what could he do?

The handsome man was someone that, even to the current him, was far beyond his reach.

Although on the surface he had a wondrous identity...

...His true identity, the one that toiled in Eden's darkness, was far more horrific to (Y/N).

After all - even he didn't know what his true identity was. Yet, in the past, even after becoming the Commander of Eden's Main Force, the most prized among all of Eden's forces...he was still beneath the handsome man in terms of authority.

It should be known that although he was merely the Commander, the authority he commanded as the Commander of the Main Force was above even some Honorary Elders, in fact, when compared to even a standard Super Guild, he'd likely have authority rivaling a prized Vice Guild Leader.

And yet, that was still beneath the handsome man...

Only an idiot would suspect his identity as ordinary.

As he racked his brain, (Y/N) was quickly approached by three figures.

"Wow~! Since when do you have such a fierce side? Aiya? Could this be a scheme to get me to fall for you instead~?" Song Luxia's voice drew (Y/N) away from his drifting thoughts, the girl rivaling even the most esteemed models in appearance wrapping her hands around his right arm.

"Only in your wildest dreams." (Y/N) chuckled, Song Luxia casting a small grin as Shen Zheng and Shuiyi Ai walked up beside the group, walking to (Y/N)'s pace.

"It's unlike you to respond to a conflict." Shen Zheng chipped in, his even voice bringing forth a point that made (Y/N) hum momentarily.

"Is it?" He feigned ignorance.

If his actions were exactly as they were in the past...he'd truly be wasting this second chance.

"Mm. Although you usually went out of your way to taunt them, you never really accepted challenges." Shuiyi Ai gave a small smile as she glanced over in (Y/N)'s direction, the four walking side by side, Song Luxia clinging to his arm playfully. Shuiyi Ai doubted Song Luxia would ever do such a thing for...well, anyone else.

"Mh. I guess you can say I find it amusing." (Y/N) gave a short answer, his lips curving into a fine smile.

Although he'd usually never go out of his way to pick a fight - especially now, considering the insurmountable gap between the current him and the residents of the current Eden, since Yun Fengyan had oh-so-graciously gone out of his way to issue a challenge...he'd humor him. After all, it would be amusing.

It would also allow him to test the limits of his current body against somebody in his "same" generation, letting him probe the deepest extents of his current limit. But mostly because it was amusing.

"...Hm." Song Luxia released an inquisitive hum, her flawless cherry-colored lips opening slightly, as if a question trailed on her lips, though she merely smiled.

How utterly amusing.

"Anyway, let's go eat. My treat this time." (Y/N) chuckled, averting the topic entirely.

Telling anything more to Song Luxia, Shen Zheng, or Shuiyi Ai at this moment in time would be more destructive than it would be helpful. Hence, he didn't linger on the topic.

"No complaints here~."

"I'll hold you to that."

"Thanks in advance."

The three naturally didn't decline it, especially since (Y/N) had already put forth his goodwill, it would only be insulting if they declined. Besides, free food was free food.

Who would complain about free food?

...

"That was nice." (Y/N) hummed, a satisfied smile on his face as the four walked out of one of Eden's most famous restaurants. Similarly, the other three held pleased expressions as they walked out of the establishment. Although it was somewhat expensive, there was no denying that the food there was certainly of the highest class.

Well, he did suppose the establishment had a reputation to safeguard, so the quality was always assured.

Walking past the queue, (Y/N) casually hummed as his group of four moved through the line.

"It must be nice to be one of the top 250..."

"Tell me about it. While we have to wait in line, they always have priority when going to pretty much any shop. That must be nice."

"Mh. But what can we do? They earned those positions through their strength, after all."

Naturally, they were plastered with envious looks as they walked. However, not one of the four paid them any attention. They were far too used to such looks, after all.

Song Luxia flicked the screen of her quantum watch, humming a soft tune as she pressed various virtual buttons. Meanwhile, Shen Zheng casually glanced around the area, his tall figure allowing him to effortlessly gaze past most of the people in the queue. Shuiyu Ai, on the other hand, was currently conversing with (Y/N).

"(Y/N), now that I think about it...I forgot to ask over lunch, but since you've accepted Yun Fengyan's challenge, does that mean you plan to participate publically in the Rankings Tournament this time?" The flower-like Shuiyi Ai asked curiously, (Y/N) glancing at her from the side.

The Rankings Tournament's matches could be held either secretly or publicly, depending mostly on specifications from both sides. Almost everyone chose to display their strength publicly, but there were a few rare cases where a secret match was held. For someone like (Y/N), every "match" was a secret one. Even if he never actually participated in any of the matches...

"Naturally." (Y/N) didn't deny her expectations.

"Hm. I suppose we'll have something to look forward to, then." Shuiyi Ai gave a small smile as (Y/N) cast her a grin. Although Shuiyi Ai had never seen (Y/N) fight directly, from the way he carried himself and the few feats of strength she'd seen from him...he obviously had the qualifications required for the 250th spot.

It should be noted that beyond 250, every single rising spot was exponentially harder to reach. To rise up the rankings, one would need to display extraordinary strength and results. Theatrics would help little in the overall rankings, hence, strength was the sole defining factor behind the rankings.

"I won't be going easy on you if we are matched together, though." Shen Zheng gave a small smile as he turned towards the two, joining the conversation.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." (Y/N) gave a mischievous grin in return.

A battle was no fun if one side was holding back, after all. He much preferred chaotic battles where both sides went at it with their all. Those were much, much more amusing.

"Aiya~? Then you guys best steer clear of my way." Song Luxia looked up from her quantum watch, a sly smile forming on her face as she spoke.

"Hah?"

"Hm."

"Ah."

The other three stared at her with varying expressions, Song Luxia holding back a giggle. It was only natural that she wouldn't hold back on them, even if they were her friends. It would be insulting to hold back on them...both for her, and for them.

"Don't regret those words, Luxia." (Y/N) chuckled, a dangerous smile rising to his lips.

"I won't~." Song Luxia gave a slightly seductive, yet dangerous smile, not backing down from his expression in the slightest. In fact, it wasn't an exaggeration to say she now looked forward to a confrontation.

The secrets behind (Y/N) had always fascinated Song Luxia, as even someone of her status was left in the dark as to the enigmatic boys' background. Yet, now, those secrets she chased for so long...were finally coming to the light.

To say she was excited was almost an understatement.

"Save the enthusiasm for the battlefield." Shen Zheng spoke bluntly, Shuiyi Ai beside him giggling into her hand as Song Luxia and (Y/N) both stopped their half-hearted glares, noticing more than a few eyes were now upon them.

"Right." (Y/N) chuckled to himself. Song Luxia merely gave a shrug, though a breezy smile soon rose to her face all the same.

"Since we have some time to kill, let's go visit some fun places! It's been a while since the four of us have gotten together for a day out!" Song Luxia lead the way forward, the other three sharing a glance before they shrugged, following after her.

A fun day off wouldn't hurt.

...

"One. Two. Three." (Y/N) hummed casually, holstering the false pistol in his hands as the neon surroundings blared around him, music loudly echoing off the dark, neon-lighted area.

Somehow they found themselves playing Lazer Tag, at Song Luxia's request.

A small distance from (Y/N), the vest of another contestant flashed with dejected lighting, signaling that he was hit as (Y/N) merely shrugged, casting the contestant a smirk as they laughed, though they walked away.

From the darkness, (Y/N) caught sight of Shen Zheng crouching beside a wall, grasping the pistol before peeking over the corner, almost instantly retreating as the sound of the distinct laser pistols shot through the area. Catching his gaze, Shen Zheng motioned towards the right with his head, (Y/N) waving with his hand before disappearing down the hall.

Shen Zheng casually extended his hand past his covering, and the same sound appeared again.

"Roughly 3 of them, spaced pretty closely. With proper timing..." Shen Zheng envisioned the darkness of the map in his mind, his opponents included. Naturally, their pistols were trained on his current position, and retreating would be his safest bet. However...

Suddenly, a shadow dashed out of the side, the neon of his vest giving away his position, however, he similarly saw the neon of the enemy.

Shen Zheng dashed out from behind cover as he heard the gasp of the enemy team, a smile rising to his face as he pulled the trigger three times - and three points were earned just like that.

(Y/N) grinned as he walked up to Shen Zheng, the two sharing a nod.

Suddenly, the wall beside them caved in, a figure dashing out of the darkness with a wild, excited yell.

"Out of the way!"

A pistol trained itself upon the two, the new contestant pulling the trigger.

(Y/N) and Shen Zheng both scattered within seconds, barely dodging the surprise attack.

"Is that even allowed?" (Y/N) chuckled as he saw the felled wall, his opponent laying down heavy fire as Shen Zheng disappeared, (Y/N) sitting back as he hummed to himself, and within moments, he heard a distinct shot go off, and a new point was added to his team.

"When it comes to stealth, even the past me isn't a match for Zheng. How scary." (Y/N) hummed to himself, Shen Zheng suddenly walking into the opening as the vest of their opponent flashed, signaling he was hit.

However, instead of relaxing, (Y/N) shifted his gaze to the second floor, finding a neon-shining pistol pointed straight at them, (Y/N) sighed before leaping out of the way, Shen Zheng already disappearing.

"What?!" The contestant from above shouted in disbelief as both (Y/N) and Shen Zheng disappeared, however, he had no time to even regret it, suddenly finding a gun pointed at his back, a calm smile rising to the person's face.

"No hard feelings." Shuiyi Ai pulled the trigger without remorse, instantly downing another combatant as she dashed back, hiding in the shadows...as well as she could, bearing a neon vest.

Another squad of contestants showed up within seconds, Shuiyi Ai calmly surveying the scene before she snuck around the side, approaching from behind as the enemy team stuck close together, covering each and every angle. Well, all except one...

Shuiyi Ai swiftly ascended up the platform, however, instead of heading to the third floor, she instead leaped off the side of the stairs, falling down onto the enemy team as she smiled, her pistol whipping around the enemy team as she fell into the center of them all, each and every single one of their vests flashing.

"What?"

"She jumped from the top?!"

"That was amazing!"

The enemy team had varying reactions.

Shuiyi Ai merely cast them a smile, before suddenly, a neon figure leaped from the third floor, dozens of guns pointing at her. She seemed like a disco ball in the sky, drawing all eyes regardless of the situation they may have been in.

Song Luxia merely gave a malicious smile, the twin pistols in her hands flashing like flares as she fell, almost like a neon shadow as she fired shot after shot, downing over a dozen opponents as she fell through the floors, before rolling onto the ground, casually standing back up as she reloaded both of the laser guns, a smirk rising to her face.

"Now, that can't be allowed." (Y/N), who witnessed Song Luxia's grand fall, laughed to himself. She would jump from the third floor without fear. Well, granted nobody on his team would really fear such a short-lived fall.

As various vests flashed, suddenly, the score filled itself out.

A perfect victory - in his team's favor.

...

"It's the pastor." (Y/N) spoke bluntly.

"Definitely the pastor." Song Luxia agreed.

"He's without a doubt the most suspicious." Shen Zheng added on.

"It can't be anyone else." Shuiyi Ai concurred with the group.

The second game they found themselves playing was a Murder Mystery...and all of them suspected the Pastor.

"My condolences. But you're sketch as fuck, my guy." (Y/N) shrugged, glancing around the room. Literally all of the evidence pointed to the Pastor being the killer.

The farmer was dead, with a literal bible on his corpse. A calling card?

The various other folks also noted that the Pastor had been the only one missing when the murder took place.

...There was also a hidden knife within his past robes.

"Bang!" Song Luxia casually shot the Pastor with the supplied gun, ending the game as the Pastor gave a bitter smile, before congratulating the group on their victory.

It had only been a few minutes...

...

"What sense does that even make?" (Y/N)'s voice echoed through the open room, holding a distinct arrow in his grasp.

The third activity the group found themselves in was an Escape Room, this one with the theme "stardom", which in itself was quite strange as the room was tailored around glamor and celebrities.

Song Luxia practically breezed through the first half of the room, until things got a bit stranger as the clues just...led nowhere. All it gave was an arrow, strangely enough.

"Perhaps we're meant to put it somewhere?" Shuiyi Ai pitched in, holding a hand to her chin in thought as (Y/N) twirled the arrow between his fingers, staring around in thought.

"Maybe. But the question is where." (Y/N) didn't deny her claims, it was the most likely solution after all.

"Try throwing it at the lock?" Song Luxia suggested half-heartedly, sitting comfortably upon the provided couch as she enjoyed the atmosphere, Shen Zheng searching around behind her.

"..." Both (Y/N) and Shuiyi Ai cast her a questioning glance.

(Y/N) stared at the arrow intensely, before shrugging and throwing it over his shoulder.

A crash was heard, and suddenly one of the ceiling lights came crashing down, and with it their next hint.

"...Who's designing this stuff?" Shen Zheng deadpanned as everyone else stared at the crashed light in disbelief.

...

"Woooooooooo!"

The fourth activity they found themselves at was an Amusement Park of all things, instantly taking off onto the rides as the wind rushed past their faces, (Y/N) leaning back against the seat as he enjoyed the billowing winds.

It wasn't necessarily anywhere near the most intense ride he'd taken, but it was still pretty fast. Song Luxia seemed to be enjoying it, Shuiyi Ai and Shen Zheng both enjoying the scenery. Behind them, all the other riders were currently shouting, waving their hands, or enjoying the ride.

...Let's ignore the ones screaming bloody murder in the back.

Peng!

Suddenly, the pin fell as (Y/N) put down the gun, finding himself playing one of the many stall games at the Amusement Park.

"I'll take that plush." (Y/N) pointed towards a particular plushy, the stall owner staring dumbfoundedly at the fallen pin.

...How the hell did he-

(Y/N) merely cast a sly grin.

However, he ultimately got his plush, giving it to Song Luxia, who received it with a laugh after realizing what had happened. The group quickly scattered as the next contestant stepped up, though strangely enough the gun refused to fire...

The group tried out all sorts of activities in the Amusement Park, stopping every once in a while for a ride or to buy snacks, before continuing on about their days.

...

"One...two...three! Smile!" Song Luxia raised her phone as the group found themselves before a grandiose fountain, one of Eden's landmarks, (Y/N), Shen Zheng and Shuiyi Ai around her as they all shared wide smiles, her phone clicking before taking the picture.

It was one of the many they'd taken throughout the day, Song Luxia having taken a picture after pretty much every activity they'd done in the chaotic day, the sun beginning to retreat over the horizon as the day began to come to an end.

(Y/N) couldn't help but glance over the other three as they gathered around Song Luxia to check the photo.

...It had been a long time since he'd spent a day like this.

In the past, after his admission into Project Nexgen, he seldom had days to simply spend with friends like this. It was...nice, to say the least.

"I wonder..." (Y/N) stared at the three in silence for a moment, seeing them smiling as they talked about the pictures they'd just taken, a warm expression rising to his face for the faintest moment.

No. That'd likely be impossible, but even then...

If there was even the slightest chance...

He'd take it.

But not now. It was still too early.

...

The sun quickly began its descent, coating Eden in ethereal dusk. (Y/N) quietly hummed to himself as the group walked, Shen Zheng and Shuiyi Ai discussing the upcoming topics, Song Luxia fiddling around with her quantum watch as the group walked through the ornate halls of Eden's Academy, finding themselves once more back.

(Y/N) had to admit that it was quite a fun day, he'd forgotten how packed the entertainment districts of Eden were.

...However, he wasn't so naive as to believe these edenic days would last forever.

"I'll be heading off~!" Song Luxia was the first to speak up on the topic, an untraceable expression rising to her face for the faintest moment as she stared at her quantum watch.

(Y/N) naturally noticed.

"What's up?" The handsome young man asked curiously.

"Family-related stuff. The usual." Song Luxia gave a cheeky smile, violet eyes meeting golden.

The Song Family...(Y/N) recalled this matter far too well.

Song Luxia, despite her usual dazzling appearance, hid far more secrets than she let off. The Song Family was one of the greatest powers within Eden, that much (Y/N) acknowledged easily. Song Luxia was one of the newer generations of the Song Family, and competitions within the family were often held between the scions of the family.

In the past, he recalled that Song Luxia had come into a lot of strife because of that.

Yet now, staring as Song Luxia's vibrant violet eyes, her flowing black hair tinted with pink highlights, a face that exuded a youthful, mischievous charm - (Y/N) casually hummed to himself.

"Right. If you ever need help with that, be sure to let me know." (Y/N) spoke casually, Song Luxia staring at him blankly for a moment, before a sly smile rose to her face.

"I'll remember that." Song Luxia spoke casually, before she said her goodbyes and left, disappearing into the halls with the plushy she'd gotten hanging from her purse.

"She always seems wrapped up with her family these days." Shuiyi Ai spoke quietly, watching their friend leave.

"It's the Song Family, after all. It'd be stranger if she wasn't always wrapped up with them." Shen Zheng spoke, a soft sigh leaving his lips.

None of them were strangers to the exalted Song Family.

"..." (Y/N) mulled in silence for a moment, before a slight smirk rose to his face.

"I can work with this." (Y/N)'s lips turned into a sneer for the slightest moment, before he regained his neutral expression.

"Luxia will be fine, besides, we're always here to help, aren't we?" (Y/N) chuckled, his golden eyes tracing after where Song Luxia had left.

A devilish plan began to manifest in his mind.

But it was far too early to place this plan into action.

"Hm. Yeah." Shuiyi Ai agreed, and Shen Zheng nodded quietly.

The four of them had been friends for quite a long time, after all.

After a few more moments of silence, the group split as Shuiyi Ai headed off to study, whereas Shen Zheng went in the direction of the gym, (Y/N) left alone as he stared up at the dusky sky.

"In this life, perhaps I'll play architect..." (Y/N)'s lips curved into a malicious smirk.

Song Luxia.

Shen Zheng.

Shuiyi Ai.

These three were pieces he absolutely had to have.

After all...each and every single one was a future Tier 6 God!

A Tier 6 God, all three of them!

If he could steal these three from Eden...the thought itself caused his smirk to widen.

"Now that I think about it, this place is practically filled to the brim with unknown talents..." (Y/N)'s mind raced as his plans began to define themselves.

There were many, many talented individuals in Eden. If he could successfully steal them...no, even just a portion of them, then that would make his future Guild all the easier to maintain.

(Y/N) wasn't one to back down from a challenge.

Not even in the face of Eden.

...

(Y/N) hummed quietly to himself from the bench of one of Eden Academy's parks, catching sight of several students either hanging around, enjoying the scenery, or walking back to the dorms. As for (Y/N) himself, he was currently fiddling around with his quantum watch.

6:22 PM

The day was slowly coming to an end.

With a hum, (Y/N) quietly leaned back into the bench. The faint wind caressed his face as he closed his eyes, enjoying the scene.

Even now, the absence of the cold was something he found strange.

But, not necessarily bad.

"This is really happening."

That thought lingered in his mind. Although he didn't know why, he was sent roughly 10 years into the past, though his memories remained intact.

Why was he sent into the past?

Who sent him to the past?

Was it Eden? Another power?

He didn't know.

He knew nothing.

Time travel, or reincarnation, perhaps even a regression if this could be called as such, was something no power, even in the future, had gotten their hands on. It shouldn't even be possible.

And yet...this was truly happening.

(Y/N) wasn't naive. Whatever was happening, some grand scheme was currently in play, one where he was nothing more than a puppet moving to the will of the puppetmaster. However, although he had his reservations and doubts...he had nowhere to point them.

So for now, he'd bide his time. One day, after all, the answer would have to reveal itself. The puppet master would be forced to the light - forced to witness its own puppet in action.

"For now, I should focus on pulling those 3 to my side..." (Y/N) hummed to himself, leaning back against the bench as his hand fell to his leg. Since he couldn't exactly figure out the secrets behind his reincarnation at the moment, he may as well make the most of it.

Song Luxia, Shen Zheng, and Shuiyi Ai...pieces he needed to acquire, and friends he cherished.

"It'll be a challenge." (Y/N) remarked mentally to himself.

The Song Family, the Shen Family, and the Shuiyi Family. Three different, yet powerful families. Whether they were friend or foe...that he didn't know. Naturally, however, he was pressed to assume "foe." After all, his stay in Eden was only a matter of time now...

"How amusing."

(Y/N) stood from the bench, stretching before a hint of a smirk rose to his face.

He wasn't one to back down from a challenge.

...

His next destination was a grandiose place within the Academy, particularly, the venue for the Rankings Tournament. As expected of Eden, the venue was decorated to the brim, providing a mixture of nature and human architecture in its design that made one feel as if the place was sacred, holy ground. (Y/N), however, didn't pay it much more than a passing glance.

Currently, there weren't many people at the venue, hence, he didn't even have to wait in a line, approaching the Receptionist with a calm smile on his face.

"Ah. Hello, may I know if you're here to sign up for the Rankings Tournament?" The Receptionist, a young, beautiful lady asked curiously as she put down her phone, turning to (Y/N).

"That's right. I wish to partake in the upcoming Rankings Tournament." (Y/N) nodded his head.

"Wonderful! Please synchronize your quantum watch here, then." The Receptionist brought out a scanner, (Y/N) nodding as he raised his left hand, bringing forth the quantum watch and allowing her to scan it.

The action went through flawlessly.

The Receptionist jolted upwards, as if stunned for a moment, her eyes darting towards (Y/N).

"Y-You're-!" She stammered, though (Y/N) merely chuckled.

"That's right." (Y/N) nodded, not overly surprised at her reaction. After all, he was the man ranked 250th right now, hence, with the additional backing of the title "The Nonstandard Prodigy", his strength was practically a mystery since nobody had ever seen him battle. After all, although he'd never participated in the Rankings Tournament in this life, (Y/N) had done so many times in the past, and he knew the primary difference between Secret and Public Matches.

To begin with, those who wished for a Secret Match wouldn't show up to the registration venue, rather, they would consult with a higher power. Only those who wished for a Public Match would show up at the registration venue - naturally, in this place, he was practically a stranger to everyone.

It was public knowledge that (Y/N) had never participated in a Public Match, hence, seeing the Nonstandard Prodigy here before her...how could she not be shocked?

However, with that shock also came great excitement.

"A..h. Understood!" The Receptionist nodded hastily, before turning to the device before her, and within moments, (Y/N) received a notification on his quantum watch alarming him of his admission into the Rankings Tournament.

With a satisfied smile, he turned to leave.

"U-um! Sir, can I take up a moment of your time?" The Receptionist suddenly asked, (Y/N) halting in place.

"What is it?" He wasn't particularly in a rush, so he didn't mind hearing her out.

"Em...may I get your autograph?" The Receptionist asked sheepishly, (Y/N) blinking momentarily before a laugh left his lips.

"Sure. May I know to who I'm dedicating this to?" As the Receptionist handed him her quantum watch, which initially made him raise a brow, however, he didn't question it. He'd signed weirder things before. Regardless, he asked for her name.

"Ah, right. My name is Ye Na." The Receptionist, Ye Na, introduced herself with a sheepish smile, (Y/N) nodding as he grabbed a pen from the desk, before signing his name onto the quantum watch's back, handing it to Ye Na.

"(Y/N), is it? Um...will you not put your surname?" Ye Na asked curiously, analyzing the elegant writing upon the quantum watch.

(Y/N) merely cast her a smile. He waved before walking away, leaving Ye Na to stare at his fading back as she cast a glance at her quantum watch.

...Was it not normal that one would put their surname before their name?

Yet, he only put "(Y/N)"...but wasn't that his first name?

"What a strange guy..." Ye Na muttered to herself, though she still smiled as she placed the quantum watch back upon her wrist.

"But, he's not as bad the rumors made him sound." Ye Na raised the quantum watch, (Y/N) signature shining from the side of the watch. The Nonstandard Prodigy wasn't anywhere near as unapproachable as the rumors made him sound.

For once, Ye Na felt as if that weren't a bad thing.

Besides, she got the autograph of one of the top 250! She was far more than content.

...

After his excursion to the registration venue, (Y/N) then headed toward the Pharmaceutical Department, a particular goal in mind.

"Since my enemy is already set, I won't be kind with their resources. For the time I'm here, I'll be sure to use Eden to my needs." (Y/N) gave a serpent-like smile.

Eden was an Upper Zone, as such, it had access to materials that one would find ridiculously hard to get their hands upon outside of. However, within Eden, such materials were quite common, and as long as one had enough Edenic Points, they could acquire them rather easily.

"Let's see..." (Y/N) approached one of the empty venues of the Pharmaceutical Department, scanning his quantum watch on the device, a list of materials showing up before him on the bright screen.

"First priority is going to be Phantom Potions. Meditation Potions would be slightly better, but with my current budget, I'd be a poor man in no time. Life Potions would help as well, but Phantom Potions have the greatest priority." (Y/N) hummed to himself, before glancing over at his current Edenic Points.

Currently, he had 27,743 Edenic Points. Converted, it was roughly 693 million Credits, it was quite the shallow price. Naturally, however, only an idiot would convert Edenic Points to Credits.

With his budget in mind, (Y/N) searched for his current priority target - the Phantom Potion.

The Phantom Potion was a miracle drug that could only be found within Upper Zones and would be nigh-impossible to get outside of them. However, even within Eden, most wouldn't ever be capable of affording a Phantom Potion, which cost 7,500 Edenic Points for a single bottle. Moreover, even if one had the Points, they would also need the corresponding authority. Those within the top 10,000 of Eden were able to buy one Phantom Potion every month, whereas those within the top 5,000 were able to buy up to two Phantom Potions per month. Only those within the top 250 could buy up to three Phantom Potions per month.

As for the effects of the Phantom Potion itself, it was something that (Y/N) in particular found indispensable - the ability to sharpen and refine a person's mental strength. To (Y/N), whose primary blade itself was Mana Techniques, the Phantom Potions' effects were irreplaceable. After all, although Mana Techniques were immensely powerful, they also took a massive toll on one's mind with each cast, hence, without sufficient strength, casting a Mana Technique would only result in catastrophic consequences.

Thus, he saw the Phantom Potions as his highest priority. After all, in the current God's Domain, Mana Techniques were practically a cheat. Apart from him, he doubted anyone else would come even close to understanding a Mana Technique, much less utilizing it in a battle.

It was an advantage he was all too happy to make the most of.

"For now, a 2:1 should be efficient." (Y/N) hummed to himself, looking between his Edenic Points and the prices of the items before him.

Without hesitation, he proceeded to purchase 2 Phantom Potions and 1 Life Potion.

Phantom Potions were practically a miracle fruit for the mind, however, Life Potions were akin to a miracle fruit for the body. Whereas Phantom Potions would sharpen and refine the mind, Life Potions were almost miracles themselves. Not only could Life Potions cure basically all wounds a person may have and strengthen their body beyond belief, but it also had a side effect of rejuvenating the user's cells on long-term consumption, allowing them to maintain a youthful appearance well into their 70s or higher. In fact, the handsome man was one of the many absolute powers which (Y/N) knew who frequently took the Life Potion. Hell, in the past, he'd taken the same route himself.

Even though the past him was in his 30s, he looked no different than when he was in his 20s. In fact, he only looked even more handsome and youthful. Such was the miraculous effects of the Life Potion, however, similarly to the Phantom Potions, Eden also imposed a limit on them. Those within the top 10,000 could buy two every month, those within the top 5,000 could buy up to five every month, and those within the top 250 could buy up to ten every month.

However, they also similarly had a disastrous price, costing no less Edenic Points than the Phantom Potions...

In total, his purchase came to 22,500 Edenic Points, leaving him with a measly 5,243 Edenic Points. Now, he couldn't even afford to buy another one...

He couldn't help but let out a bitter smile.

"It seems like I'll need to get within the top 100, at the very least. Only then can I stand a chance at Breakthrough." (Y/N) hummed to himself.

On the surface, Eden's "Top 250" was the peak. However, that was only a facade. Those who achieved "Breakthrough" were the true peak of Eden, and the benefits they gained dwarfed those of the Top 250. Whether it be authority or resources, the access they had was in a completely different world compared to the Top 250. However, the existence of "Breakthrough" was something very few people beneath that realm knew about. After all...to reach such a place, the strength and ability one would need to display were unreal.

Those beneath the Domain Realm could never even dream of achieving "Breakthrough".

"It seems like I'll need to reclaim my strength even faster. Getting to the Domain Realm within the next two months should be easy enough. Getting further beyond that will be a bit more tricky, but it's not an impossible task." (Y/N) grinned to himself, before a noise drew his attention.

His transaction had gone through, and now, three packages cooled within cold-to-the-touch ice were hung before him, with a message on how to keep the drinks safely cooled. However, he ignored it, after all, he knew it far too well.

Life Potions and Phantom Potions could not be kept in their greatest condition randomly, rather, they would need to be specifically cooled at all times. Without a moment of hesitation, (Y/N) grasped the packs before safely placing them into his backpack, ensuring that no accidents could happen before he disappeared from the scene, fiddling with his quantum watch.

...

Within minutes, he was back in his dorm, (Y/N) choosing to put away one of the Phantom Potions and the Life Potion in proper cooling, having ordered a new fridge using 3,000 of his leftover Edenic Points(which had surprisingly arrived before even he had despite having ordered it on his way to the Dorm), one capable of harboring the Life Potions and Phantom Potions, keeping the last Phantom Potion in his hand as he grabbed his Advanced Virtual Gaming Helmet, placing it on his head as he then opened the Phantom Potion, drinking the contents within.

Instantly, a sense of clarity and a chill invaded his senses, (Y/N) smiled as he felt a trace of his past self within the (minty, if you asked him)taste. His mind began to clear up, as if he could finally see beyond the fog that had clouded his sight, a feeling he reveled in. It felt as if his very cells themselves rejoiced with renewed strength.

Looking at his quantum watch, (Y/N) smiled widely.

7:00 PM

"A new day begins." (Y/N) laid back on his bed, a smile rising to his lips as he closed his eyes.

And then, he descended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 25.6K 31
[COMPLETED] It all seemed to be a fairy tale ending to Princess Elizabeth. She had found a wonderful family, she lived in a beautiful castle, and she...
181 18 20
When being Royalty it means you have many responsibilities and appearances to keep up. When the young Prince escapes the castle he was isolated in, h...
4.3K 280 27
[King!Andy×Servant!Brandon] It was a sort of unspoken law that royalty shouldn't marry anyone below them. But between being hunted by a ruthless assa...
188 40 47
My imperfect journey of maintaining God in our lives.