I Was (Once) The Villain

By Yuianaki

Kamei Haru was once the villain in a tragic love story, the major obstacle between the two protagonists' love... More

002 - Let Me See The Drama For Myself!
003 - Sato Kimiko
004 - Backfired
005 - Yoshimoto Seiji
006 - Complicated
007 - Trustworthy?
008 - In This Lifetime
009 - See You In Hell

001 - Woke Up Again

3.8K 187 17
By Yuianaki

Kamei = surname

Haru = first name

Unedited

Kamei Haru died long ago, but before his rebirth, he was forced to reexperience his death. His heart was pounding, his palms soaked with cold sweat, and his head throbbing from the poison in his system.

He had lost control of his body.

Watching himself willingly be led to his death, he felt a surge of powerful emotions. Tears should've pricked at his eyes, but he was dead. He was only watching himself die.

All that he knew in those moments were,

I never want to experience this again.

He died.

His world faded to black again, but now, he could hear a faint noise in his ears. His hands were still sweaty, but that horrible, haunting headache had gone.

He turned his head, snuggling into the soft, fluffy warmth underneath his head. Wait, what fluffy warmth? After he died, he never knew "fluffy warmth".

Kamei Haru instantly froze, his eyes quickly opening. He was met with... a creamy, beige colored wall. His head was settled onto a soft, white pillow, his warm sheets covering his body.

This was not what Kamei Haru had remembered.

Where was that uninviting, cold space of doom that he had stayed in for so long, it nearly felt inviting? What was this warm place?

He thought many things, but he could still feel that poke in the back of his head.

You are alive now. This is the true world.

He didn't want to believe it. Haru threw the sheets above him, covering his head in the blankets as well. Could he hide under there forever, unwilling to meet the world?

"I'm alive," He silently whispered, hearing his smooth, soft voice. Kamei Haru was truly unused to it, as he was unable to hear himself after his death.

He couldn't hide from reality forever.

Kamei Haru poked his head out of the sheets, lazily grabbing towards where he faintly remembered his phone being. His eyes slowly adjusted to the soft morning light pouring through his room, before he was able to read the text on the phone.

September 3rd, 20XX.

When he died, it was two years after this. At the present moment, he had never met the male lead, nor had he met the female lead.

He sat up, sitting there for a while. His hands tightly gripped the sheets, his mind unable to process how he had been reborn into the past.

He remembered his first time meeting the female lead.

She was like an angel on Earth, her long, platinum hair flowed in the wind like the petals on the sakura trees. Her eyes, a deep blue, expressed thousands of words that could never be said. When she smiled, he could feel his heart beat faster.

He believed he could make her love him. After all, Kamei Haru had never been described as bad looking. His eyes were soft, his face handsome, his figure great, and his hair soft, smooth, and silky. Anyone who looked at him would've squeezed him in delight.

But now, his heart was simply cold.

He no longer felt anything for the female lead, and he did not care about the male lead. Because he loved the female lead, the male lead killed him. Since he no longer loved her, the male lead wouldn't bother him.

Could he finally live a normal life, without being in the mercy of another person's hands?

He licked his lips, remembering that he had to arrive for his part time job in a few minutes. He had not eaten breakfast yet, so his stomach was still empty. Kamei Haru casually brushed it off, deciding that he could eat when he arrived at his job place, a small, quiet café.

He worked there to pay for college, and he was now in his last year. It wouldn't be long until he graduated.

Haru did not spend a lot of time getting ready before he was already downstairs, walking towards the front door. About to grasp the doorknob, his slender hand reached out, before his wrist was caught by another person's hand.

"Ah? Haru, where're you going?" A girl's voice questioned.

He forgot that he did not live alone.

Haru turned around, seeing the girl's cute, delicate face. Immediately, he felt a wave of memories enter his mind.

Yamasaki Masuyo, his roommate ever since he entered university. Haru remembered, she was the only person left by his side after it was revealed on the net by the male lead that he purposely caused the downfall of an innocent celebrity's career. He immediately bit the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from crying.

It wasn't easy for Kamei Haru to cry, but everything he experienced today was extremely overwhelming for him. He wanted someone to shout these problems to, for someone to understand how he felt, but he knew he could not expose the fact that he had been reborn so quickly.

He responded, "Masuyo? I was planning to head to the place I work at." He innocently blinked his eyes at her. She was older than him by two years, but was easily swayed by his cute expressions.

Yamasaki Masuyo lightly said, "It's Sunday, why're you going?"

Kamei Haru had a thick face, quickly saying back, "Although I don't need to go to work, I want to order something there."

Of course, that was a lie. He had mistakenly thought that he had work today, but he found a good reason and quickly covered it up.

Haru was internally scolding himself. You brick head! Why didn't you look correctly at the date? You nearly embarrassed yourself.

Masuyo gently smiled, "Really? I was thinking of a place to go just now. How about you let me come with, hm?" She nudged his shoulder, pointing to herself, "I'm already dressed. It won't take long."

Haru had no reason to decline, so he let her come with, "Really? What a coincidence."

It didn't take long for them to enter the café.

Haru ordered a small coffee for him to drink, and Masuyo, a great lover of sweet food, ordered a slice of cake.

While they sat at a table, she brought up, "Recently I saw you were a little sick, but today, you seem much better. Did you take medicine?"

Haru usually did not take medicine when he was sick. He used to jokingly say, 'Look, Masuyo, my immune system is so strong that it can drive out any cold. Why the need to take medicine?'

Hearing Masuyo's question, he smiled, "Maybe I did."

Haru spent a long time talking to Masuyo. Although to Masuyo, no time had passed, to him, multiple years passed before he had the chance to talk to her again. By the time they were getting out the door to leave, the sun was already at its highest point in the sky.

Kamei Haru gave his cup of, now cold, coffee to Masuyo, whining that "it tasted bad cold". She only gave him a sigh, before reaching for the cup.

The bell above the door of the café rang suddenly, a man stepping in the moment Masuyo stepped out.

"Masuyo!" Haru suddenly realized what was happening, but his reaction speed was too slow, and the coffee was spilled onto the man.

He paid no attention to the other, only speaking to Masuyo, "Are you okay?"

Masuyo was silent, only staring at the man who now had coffee on his shirt.

Haru blinked, his gaze turning towards whoever Masuyo had been gazing at, before his heart nearly stopped in his chest.

Hayashi Shigeru, the male lead, was glaring at Masuyo with cold, sharp eyes.

Masuyo's face had been devoid of any emotion the moment the coffee spilled, but now, her face resumed her usual gentle smile.

"I'm sorry," She said, but her voice showed no hints of regret.

Hayashi Shigeru's face only got colder, but he did not speak a single word, only silently pushing past Masuyo and him to get inside.

Haru stared at Masuyo in disbelief, but she shook her head, grabbing his wrist to drag him out of the building.

Kamei Haru and Yamasaki Masuyo successfully escaped the suffocating air that Shigeru gave.

Haru was not blind to Masuyo's clear dislike for Shigeru, but he remembered in his previous life, Masuyo never met Shigeru in person. How come her hatred was so deep when she met him for the first time in this life?

Masuyo understood Haru's thoughts without even looking at him, "People like him, who act so high and mighty, are the type of people I dislike the most." She said, still with her gentle, soft tone of voice.

Masuyo's voice was like gentle, flowing waters. If the female lead was a kind goddess, then Masuyo would be a deity. Hearing her say that she disliked someone was very uncommon.

In his past life, Hayashi Shigeru was a famous male celebrity, but his fame didn't start picking up until a few months later. Haru cautiously asked Masuyo, "Do you know him?"

She blinked, "Hayashi Shigeru, of course I know him. Wasn't he involved in a scandal recently?"

No such scandal happened in his past life. Haru felt that something changed in this life, so he pressed on, "He was? I don't know what happened with him." He said, silently leading Masuyo to continue talking.

"It was an internet scandal," Masuyo said, "a new female idol, Sato Kimiko, was rumored to have been warming his bed to rise up in fame. It was recently revealed on the net, and both parties were heavily criticized." She playfully said, "Haru, I thought you followed up on recent news. How come I've discovered it before you?"

Haru felt wronged. It's because I really didn't have the time to check anything on social media websites...

However, this thought was not as important as the information he had just gained. Sato Kimiko, in fact, was the female lead, the girl who had indirectly led to him to his death.

Both the female lead and male lead, Sato Kimiko and Hayashi Shigeru, were involved in an internet scandal that didn't happen in his past life.

Haru's mouth slightly twitched. He was starting to get suspicious- was there someone behind the scenes messing with those two?

---

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.5K 12
Aki transmigrated into his most loved and hated novel called >Forbidden love<, the story line and plot is good and the writing was a little over aver...
1.2M 65K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
17.3K 662 9
[SLOW UPDATES!] After his death, Emil finds himself in the book he hates the most. He's been reincarnated as Eden Rossi, a prince from the Kingdom o...
15.1K 421 12
Nicolo Santos Died horribly by being crush into a truck of adult products and sports car while saving a child's Life, after dying a Reaper appeared...