𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗺�...

By ineysasingh

𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝖥𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒; is said to be one of the most powerful family of the country. The Rathore... More

E p i g r a p h
Characters & Introduction
}•{ The wedding of fourth heir.
}•{ Twisted..
}•{ The heartless men.
}•{ The broken hopes.
}•{ The harsh interactions.
}•{ The changing moods.
}•{ Insane Men
}•{ Some smiles and some tears.
}•{ Some unfulfilled wishes.
}•{ Arguments and tears.
}•{ Harsh Reality.
}•{ Not so good memories.
}•{ The confusing men
}•{ Having food together.
}•{ Unexpected
}•{ Consequences
}•{ More truth?
}•{ Trust.
}•{ Happy hugs.
}•{ Past relationship.
}•{ Knot in a relationship
}•{ Confession
}•{ Shocked
}•{ Sudden trips.
}•{ Deep Conversations.
}•{ Curious?
}•{ Honeymoon?
}•{ Too dumb.
E d i t s
}•{ Loose ends?
}•{ Weird
}•{ Complains.
}•{ Apologies
}•{ Frustration
}•{ Angry?
}•{ Night Of Wait.
}•{ Forced?
}•{ Putting efforts
}•{ Bad idea
}•{ Dangerous feelings
}•{ Jealousy?
}•{ Ex
}•{ Broken
}•{ Care
}•{ Unholy
}•{ Organism?
}•{ Differences
}•{ Aakarsh's apology
}•{ Truth & Dare
}•{ Realization
}•{ Feelings
}•{ Party Night
}•{ Tensed
}•{ More than friends?
}•{ Heartbreak
}•{ Ashamed
}•{ Pacifying Aakarsh
}•{ Shocking past
}•{ Cold and Reserved
}•{ Weak
}•{ His efforts

}•{ Disappointment.

51.8K 2.8K 710
By ineysasingh

~•} C H A P T E R|17 {•~

Disgust.

Pure disgust bubbled inside her seeing the man in front of her who was also her 'husband'.

She felt disgusted and angry at the same time by the sight in front of her.

A little part in her breaking slowly being hurt as she knew what his this condition meant.

That he spent his night doing something that he wasn't supposed to.

That he cheated on her.

She could feel the sudden waves of emotions hitting her rapidly.

Her guts twisted due to the painful feelings.

A sudden heaviness and weight were put inside her which was slowly started suffocating her from inside.

Feelings or not.

She was still feeling deeply hurt by his abhorrent act.

Adultery was a sin that was done purposely and cheaters deserved nothing but hell.

Even the news of unknown people performing adultery hurt her so how in this world would she not feel hurt if a person she knew did such a shameful and heinous sin.

A person who was also her lawfully wedded husband.

Balling her fists she inhaled sharply and mustering some courage lifted her face looking in his direction.

Because she wasn't the one who performed adultery so why would she bow her head down and avoid eye contact when the person who did that was proudly standing over there shamelessly.

The moment her eyes raked his body, she could feel the rage pulsing through her veins.

Anger overpowered every other feeling as she saw him looking towards her for a mere second before closing his eyes and exhaling a deep breath.

The audacity of this man!

She thought angrily and opened her mouth to yell, "Aakarsh don't you feel a little shame-"

Her words were harshly cut-off by his angry scream, "Not in a mood to hear your nuisance woman!"

"Yes, I see why you aren't in the mood." She retorted but was met with nothing but a hard slamming of the bathroom door and seconds later heard the sound of a running shower.

Taking a few deep breaths she controlled herself from exploding at him.

Even if he cheated, she was supposed to stay calm.

Stay calm.

Stay Calm.

STAY CALM!

She chanted in her mind rapidly.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

She felt a little better as she could again feel her body under her control and not in the control of the tons of emotions she was feeling right now.

But the moment her mind was able to think straight all she could think was him and the act he indulged himself into.

How was she supposed to react in a situation like this?

Was she allowed to be angry and hurt when their relationship was almost nothing?

When they weren't even on talking terms with each other?

Or should she just ignore everything and go on with her daily routine like nothing ever happened?

Yes, that's what she should do.

Because he shouldn't matter to her.

But... it still hurts.

Hurt way too much it should have.

Hell, he was her husband, they were freaking married even if they don't acknowledge this fact!

In front of the holy fire, she took vows with him.

In front of the world, she accepted him as her husband wholeheartedly because she wasn't aware of the man he was at that time.

And how much she tried, her heart still refused to let the fact go that they were married.

A part of her still considered him as her husband and that part was slowly breaking inside her due to his cheating because never for once did she think that he could go to this extent.

She sat down on the couch with a thud being numb.

All this was too much for her to bear.

Too much.

"Men make mistakes... It's your responsibility to guide him to the right path and be with him in difficult times even if it hurts you."

Her stepmother's words resonated in her mind again and again making the heaviness inside her increase to an extent that it became difficult to breathe.

Forgive him.

Forgive him.

Forgive him!

Her stepmother's voice rang inside her ears again and again and a tear rolled down her eye.

"A person should be forgiven and given second chance for his mistakes."

She murmured to herself with a flat voice and blank expression.

"But cheating isn't a mistake. It's done purposely in full senses and forgiving someone for something which is done purposely is not possible."

She sneered, a bitter smile curved on her lips as she wiped the single treacherous tear which trickled down.

No way, she was going to spend the rest of her life even as a tenant with a person who was a cheater.

"Divorce?" She questioned herself, the word sounding foreign from her lips due to never being ever thought.

She knew it was a very hard way with the long procedure which included several court hearings and the family reputation coming in between.

Nonetheless, she needed to find a way.

A way to get out of this situation.

To get out of this suffocating feeling she was getting being near him.

"Don't be repulsive... Let time do its thing and you will find your way."

Her mother's words echoed inside her mind making her a little relaxed.

Puffing out a deep breath she slowly pulled the comforter on top of her while laying down not being in the mood to interact with him.

...........

The cold water dripped down his cloth-clad body as his body trembled with the anger he was feeling.

Lifting his face he gazed at his reflection in the mirror but the lipstick mark caught his eye, his hand balled into a fist as he punched the mirror shattering it into pieces in anger.

Regret.

Sheer regret filled his senses as his mind drifted off to the previous incidents.

"I shouldn't have done that."

"I shouldn't have given in to my urges."

"I should have held my ground and shouldn't have forgotten that I hate women and I shouldn't get involved with them!"

He murmured closing his eyes shut and tearing the white fabric of the shirt.

"Fucking hell! What will I do now?!" He shouted massaging his temples...

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

"What the hell!" Ishani cursed wiping the water from her face.

"Back to earth, dear wifey. And sweet morning!" His enthusiastic voice and sickly sweet smile made her mood bitter, her gaze going towards the wall clock which indicated 5 am.

She pressed her lips together with a slight frown not replying to his so-called morning greeting.

"Aww... you didn't greet me back. Too delighted to speak I see." He gave him another big fake smile.

Twisting her lips, she snarled, "Any reason for this so humble behavior, Mr. Rathore?"

"You remember you need to return the favor?" His lips curved upwards as he placed down the jug on the bedside table.

"Don't tell me you woke me up for that at this time!" She yelled gritting her teeth.

"Well, yes!" He gave her a smug smile stuffing his hands inside his shorts pockets.

"What if I refuse to return the favor?"

"Then you will be indebted your entire life, Mrs. Rathore." He tsked, an amused smile playing on his lips as if he expected this answer.

Breathing noisily she sat up, throwing the blanket harshly off her body and glaring into his amused face.

"What will I have to do?" She questioned controlling herself from lashing out at him and reminding herself to bear with him for one time.

"For now wear this." He threw the same red-kisses printed bathrobe in her direction.

"I-" Her complaint was cut off by his stern voice, "You have five minutes. Or else I am going to do it myself."

Stomping her foot in anger, she winced as her wounded feet connected with the ground making Vardhaan laugh.

"Four minutes thirty seconds left, wifey." He reminded giving her a mocking grin.

Muttering incoherent words under her breath, she ran off to the bathroom.

.........

"Now what?" She spat out each word bitterly coming out of the bathroom in the bathrobe he gave her.

The bathrobe was only one or two-inch above her knees, hence not making her feel uncomfortable.

"Let's click some pictures now." He stated removing his t-shirt and throwing it in a corner making her gasp loudly at his shameless behavior.

"Come on, don't act like this. We both know you will love to gawk at me." He rolled his eyes.

"It's not-"

"Don't waste my time in your stupid chit-chat. Come fast we need to click some cozy photos."

Her eyes widened at his statement.

Narrowing her eyes, she shouted, "Why do you want to do that?"

"I am not answerable to you. Come fast and repay your debt."

His bored tone made her body stiff. Inhaling sharply she moved towards the bed he plopped down thinking of completing the debt fast after all she wasn't less prideful.

Slowly and hesitantly she climbed the bed and sat down beside him, where he earlier pointed through his hand.

Hurriedly he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer and kept his head on her shoulder.

Her heart raced due to the proximity but she tried her best to not show it and kept her face neutral.

"Smile a little, wifey." He hushed near her ear rising the goosebumps on her skin.

She craned her neck, looking towards him being a little shocked by the effect he had on her but then she heard a click and looked at the phone which had their photo.

After some more intimate poses, she was finally frustrated by this photoshoot and its effects on her.

She pulled her hand back from his but he yanked her towards him, his lips slightly meeting hers freezing her on the spot, and then she heard a click.

Coming out of his hold, she pushed him down glaring at him furiously whereas he shamelessly smirked in response and showed her the photo he just clicked.

She groaned annoyedly and threw the pillow at him to which he chuckled humourlessly.

"What will you do with them?" She asked being a little scared.

What if he misuses my photos?

She questioned in her mind but immediately denied this as he wouldn't do that to his family reputation, right?

But her heart thudded loudly remembering that he didn't care much about family reputation and name.

"You will see... baby." He added at last making her cringe and crinkle her nose whereas he again smiled sweetly and went out slamming the door open loudly and not closing it.

Arghh! This bastard!

She cursed in her mind being irritated but one thing stuck in her mind.

He was smiling way too much with her today...

Something was wrong.

Or he had planned something with their photos...

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Ruhanika's eyes fluttered open as she tried hard to dodge the sunrays from her face but failed terribly.

Immediately her hands searched for her mobile phone kept on the bedside table.

One of her bad habits.

She checked the time, it was 6:30 am.

It was not too early but the disturbance of sleep last night made her a bit cranky and frustrated.

She grunted annoyedly as her fingers moved on their own opening the messaging app.

But suddenly one thing caught her attention.

All her sleep flew away from her eyes as they rounded being shocked seeing the 'Yuvraj Ji's message notification on it.

She gulped hard, her mind drifting again to last night's incidents as she opened the first-ever message by her husband.

'I shouldn't have yelled at you yesterday like that. My OCD just rose at the moment as everything didn't go accordingly. After my anger cooled down I understood that it must be hard for you to suddenly talk and be friendly with the person who barely talked with you in months even for an act as this is real life, not a movie. But I hope you understand like always you do.'

The message was the longest sentence he might have spoken to her till now.

A small smile curved at her lips as she didn't exactly see the word 'sorry' but the whole message speak that he was sorry.

Though still, it felt new...

Way too new for her.

Him being civil with her was indeed a new thing...

..........

Ruhanika gave an amused smile to a Naina who was blooming today.

It was no new to her.

Naina's mood was always clearly visible on her face.

She could always tell whether the things between Naina and Aadarsh were going well or not.

And by looking at Naina's face she knew that things were going good with them and she wished it remains that way.

No one was at work today as it was a holiday for everyone including the great Yuvraj Rathore.

Suddenly she heard the sound of glass being shattered.

Furrowing her brows she ran towards the dining room where everyone was sitting with an angry expression on their face.

She frowned not understanding anything but suddenly her gaze went to the newspaper whose headline was, 'Aakarsh Rathore: A cheater behind the good husband mask?'

Her eyes widening as she read more, the photo of Aakarsh's state with a lipstick mark on his shirt while leaving the hotel was printed too.

"Call both Aakarsh and Vardhaan. Tell them to come back right now!" She visibly flinched at her husband's thunderous voice which was directed towards Bhavna who nodded her head with a frown...

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Raina sighed covering her face with a scarf. Right now they were leaving the hotel after the call came from the house.

Well, unfortunately, the news of her husband's great act had spread across the globe.

She sighed tucking the scarf.

Duh, she wasn't the one who did wrong so why should she hide her face?

But she had to as media would surround them when they would go to the airport and Rathores don't like to leak their family members' photographs.

The media currently didn't have the photos of daughters-in-law and Yuvika though she couldn't help but be thankful for that.

The journey back home was long.

Way too long with the awkward silence between them as she didn't utter a single word to him.

But the moment they stepped inside the mansion they were greeted by sight everyone present in the living room other than the youngest couple.

She expected them to bombard him with questions but surprisingly all remained silent.

But still she could feel the disappointment in everyone's eyes at the sight of her husband.

Whereas her husband silently stood with his head bowed down.

But she could see him lifting his head and gazing at his twin with a hopeful look but soon that look turned betrayed when Aadarsh moved his face another side, a disgusted look on his face.

It was no secret that Aakarsh didn't treat Raina good and all of them weren't much surprised when they heard Aakarsh cheated on her. Yes, they kind of expected that abhorrent act from him and they were sure that he even could steep so low now.

They all were disappointed, disgusted, and angry.

But no one said a word.

Which she felt made him more guilty.

She could feel the sympathetic and teary look she was getting from her sister but right now she didn't want to have a breakdown.

Not until she made sure that he was punished.

She wanted to burn in this suffocating feeling till then.

So not saying a word to anyone she simply moved towards a guestroom.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Naina wanted nothing more than to hug her sister the moment she saw her after being aware of what Aakarsh did with her.

But she knew Raina enough to know that she wanted to remain alone, for the time being, the message was almost clear in her eyes.

So she did what she could.

She hurried towards her husband's room when she saw him going to their room with squinted eyes and a clenched jaw.

Him being angry, is a very rare thing.

But she knew him enough to know that he was more hurt than angry. After all, Aakarsh was closest to him.

"Aadarsh," She called out as soon as she entered inside but was greeted with nothing but silence.

She inhaled deeply and stepped towards him who was sitting on the chair with his hand clasped on his forehead.

"Aadarsh," she called out again a little softly while wrapping her arms around his stiff frame.

But she flinched visibly when he harshly parted away from her.

An expression of hurt flashed her face when she heard his stern tone, "Not now, Naina!"

She stepped back, swallowing the hurt but nodding her head in approval.

She moved out of the room while taking deep breaths to compose herself and trying not to feel hurt by giving him the much-needed space.

As sometimes, in a relationship it was important to give each other space...

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Raina sighed as she stared at the shining moon out of the window.

She knew that she needed to collect her stuff from his room but was delaying it.

She didn't want to interact with him.

Especially now when everything felt so twisted.

The news and the case were only getting more and more twisted when the girl he was involved with that night came forward saying she didn't know he was married and when she came to know, she denied to give in to him but then he forced himself upon her.

The newfound information was only making it more difficult for her to understand and grasp everything.

A sane part of her was yelling that he cheated on her and another was yelling that he couldn't force himself upon another when he didn't even try to touch her inappropriately.

But no part saying that he didn't cheat.

There were two cases, he might have forced himself upon that girl which she didn't believe he did. Second, that girl might have gotten money afterward and was accusing him of forcing himself upon her while whatever they together did was consensual.

And in both ways he was wrong.

So wrong!

But then that betrayed look she saw in his eyes for a second wasn't letting her think peacefully.

The same look she saw in her mother's eyes before her mother committed suicide.

If only Raina had gone after her mother that day then she might have saved her... The overwhelming guilt living with her throughout till now.

She didn't know if what she felt was true but she didn't want to again feel guilty for not checking on someone.

She swallowed hard before mustering some courage and moving out towards his room.

Slowly she opened the door and stepped inside. She was met with darkness.

Frowning, she switched on the light and saw the whole room messed up.

The plate of food which must have been sent for dinner kept as it is on the table, untouched.

Well, now she seemed a little worried even if she didn't want to.

Because even she had her food as they didn't eat anything during the whole flight.

But the question was, where he was?

Suddenly she heard the sound of someone punching rapidly and she knew that he was there, the room he called his punching room.

She puffed a deep breath and hesitantly opened the door and there he was, without a t-shirt, punching the punching bag rapidly without gloves.

His knuckles were swollen, almost ready to bleed.

A shiver ran down her spine as his bloodshot eyes made contact with hers for a second.

"Go away!" His loud voice boomed as his punching speed increased.

But she didn't know why she felt that there was something more in his voice than anger.

He sounded a little ...hurt and vulnerable?

Maybe because of the disappointment he saw in Aadarsh's eyes or maybe because he was regretting...

But one thing was sure.

She wouldn't be left with guilt this time.

She wouldn't be able to live with another guilt.

The guilt of leaving a person on their own.

The person who also cheated on her but it didn't mean she would let him hang himself of like her mother did in the heat of the moment.

If he was regretting it that much, she would happily forgive him if he agreed to happily seperate.

She didn't know if what she was doing was right but she followed her heart's instinct as instead of stepping back she stepped forward.

Stepped forward towards the person who cheated on her in front of the whole world.

But still, she stepped forward till she was near the punching bag.

Because they needed to talk.

Clutching the punching bag, she pushed it back taking its place to catch his attention but her eyes closed shut in fear as his fist came forward towards her face...

Target- 370+

Arghh! A double update in this week! Afterall seeing your comments I just couldn't stop myself from updating. LoL

Any thoughts about AaKaRsH and Raina?

Yuvraj being a little civil... ;D

Vardhaan and Ishani in their own world...

Naina being a little understanding <33

N

ow my dearies I would like to ask a few questions and hope you will answer them truthfully-

1) Are you happy with my writing style? Many people are demanding first person pov... which I feel will make the story little messy. I would like to know others thoughts on this too!

2) The last few chapters were written hurriedly and I just posted them without twice reading...
So do you think that there the quality of chapter decreased in respect with discription, grammar and vocabulary?

Meet u all on next Monday 💕🤌

Take Care❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587K 37.9K 52
'Cold love is like a winter night without stars-Dark and unforgiving.' Yudhishthir × Ruhi She was like a fragile rose, a symbol of...
1.6M 71.2K 67
A love tale blossomed during college days turned into arranged marriage. It is said that time moves quickly when it starts rolling. Two soul meets ag...
239K 17.3K 28
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐎𝐅 "𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄" Rajveer Singh Rathore was supposed to marry my sister, but now we are bound in a marriage. He never w...
517K 25.5K 57
Can be read as standalone. Aryaman Ranawat - Heir to Ranawat Empire. Prince of Jaigadh. Cold, brooding, dominating and a shrewd businessman. Fun and...