Andy Barber... The Florist Ne...

By loopyloulongley

Andy didn't think the newly weds that moved in next door would change his life so much. Maybe it was just the... More

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5 SMUT
Part 6
Part 8 SMUT
Part 9 SMUT
Part 10
Part 11 ⚠️Defending Jacob spoilers⚠️ SMUT
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15 !SMUT!
Part 16 !SMUT!
Part 17 !SMUT! - Weekend Away
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21

Part 7

2.3K 104 6
By loopyloulongley

Warnings: ⚠️ spoilers ⚠️ 18+ readers only, cheating

Andy walked into the kitchen as Laurie cleaned up after dinner, as if nothing happened, refusing to talk about the obvious.

Andy let out a frustrated sigh, "I need to talk to you." He said as he stood on the opposite side of the kitchen island.

"There's nothing to talk about." Laurie refused to look at Andy.

"I'm going to, Connecticut, to speak to my father." Andy frowned.

"I'm not coming with you." Laurie dismissed the idea without looking at him.

Andy placed his hands on his hips with huff, "I wasn't asking you to come with me, Laurie. I was just telling you."

Laurie stopped and finally looked at him. "I thought you hated him?"

Andy nodded, "I know what my father is like, Laurie, he isn't just gonna do what I ask. He'll play mind games." Andy explained.

Laurie's brow knitted together as she silently looked at Andy. "Does she know?"

Andy frowned in confusion, "Who?"

"Who do you think?" Laurie huffed.

Andy drew in a deep breath through his nose. "I thought you didn't want to talk about it?"

"Just tell me, Andy, does she know?" She asked.

He nodded. "You don't have to worry, okay, she's not pressing charges." Andy turned around and started to walk away.

"Thank you." Laurie called out.

"For what?" Andy asked.

"For talking to her. I knew you would." She smiled at him.

Andy shook his head as he looked back at her with a frown. "I didn't. Y/N, said she couldn't do it to, Jacob." He said before walking into his office and shutting the door behind him.

He looked through the window and smiled as he saw you in your living room, dancing around and singing in your pj's with what looked like a spatchula in your hand. He pulled his phone out and dialled your number, walking closer to the window. He watched you bend over and grab your phone front the coffee table, still shaking your butt as you did making him chuckle.

"Hello," You answered.

"You've got some moves, sweetheart." He chuckled.

You let out a startled gasp and spun round to face him, your eyes wide as you saw Andy watching you. "Oh, no, you saw?"

Andy chuckled, "Oh yeah, I saw." He smirked at you. "What were you dancing to?"

You gulped. "Uh... Nothing," You lied.

Andy raised his eyebrow at you. "Liar."

You groaned in embarrassment. "Fine... Okay... It was, Britney Spears..." You blushed as Andy began laughing. "Are you calling just to laugh at me or is there something I can help you with, Mr Barber?" You let out a low growl as you walked back into your kitchen.

Andy groaned as he lost view of you and sat in his chair. "Actually, I was hoping I could talk to you about something."

"Sure,"

Andy smiled to himself. "I'm going to Connecticut, in a couple of days, to talk to my dad."

"Oh... Why?" You asked.

"Joanne, thinks I should try to get him to give us a sample of his DNA so, Jacob, can be tested for the murder gene." He sighed.

"Oh, right, I remember you saying." You answered. "How do you feel about seeing him?" You asked taking Andy by surprise.

"... Angry, I guess..." He frowned. "Maybe a little worried. I never thought I'd have to see him again." He admitted, "Scared."

You stopped what you were doing. "Is, Laurie, going with you?" You asked.

Andy scoffed, "I didn't even ask her and she refused to come." He chuckled. "Not that I wanted her to anyway."

"Would you like me to come? I don't mind. I don't want you doing this on your own, Andy, if you're scared." You said.

Andy gulped feeling a lump in his throat. "You don't need to do that, sweetheart, I'll be fine."

"I know I don't need to, Andy," You walked back in front of your window so you were as close to him as you could get. "I want to." You offered him a caring smile.

Andy smiled back as he stood up and walked to the window. "You really want to come with me? All the way to, Connecticut, just so I can speak to my father?"

You nodded, "I can tell you're dreading it, Andy." You smiled, "So if me being there with you helps, then I'm more than happy to be there for you."

Andy drew in a deep breath and nodded. "It would, thank you." He smiled at you softly. "I'll sort the details out and let you know."

You nodded, "Okay," You smiled at him. "I best go, or I'll end up burning my dinner."

Andy chuckled, "Go. I'll speak to you later, sweetheart." He sent you a wink. "Love you." He whispered as he placed his right hand on the window.

"Love you, too." You placed your left hand on the window with a smile before hanging up and disappearing from view.

Andy let out a soft sigh as he sat back in his chair and turned to face his desk, smiling to himself. Knowing that you'd be coming with him settled the worry and dread that was in the pit of his stomach, made the whole ordeal of visiting his father somewhat easier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Andy was picking you up from outside your shop and a couple of hours later, the two of you were sat outside the Connecticut prison waiting for Andy to go in.

You drew in a shaky breath. "Andy, I can't go in with you."

Andy looked at you with an understanding look. "That's fine, I didn’t expect you to anyway, sweetheart." He placed his hand on your knee.

You shook your head, "It's not because of your father." You looked at him. "He's here." You whispered, feeling tears form in your eyes.

Andy began frowning at you. "Who do you--" Realisation struck him as he watched a familiar look fill your eyes as you quickly brushed away your falling tears. "Oh, fuck, sweetheart," Andy reached across and wrapped his arms around you, pressing a kiss to the top of your head as you cried. "I should have remembered he was here. M'sorry," He whispered.

How could he forget this was the prison your ex-husband was sent to? When Andy was trying to get your husband sentenced, he pulled some strings and had him trialed for not only domestic abuse, but rape and attempted murder. He had enough evidence against him and when the judge saw it all, he didn't hesitate to convict him.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I should have thought." He pulled back and held your face in his hands.

You offered him a weak smile, "I'm fine, Andy, I'm sorry, I just... The thought of being in the same place as him again, scares me."

Andy held your face in his hands and pressed his lips against your forehead. "He can't hurt you anymore."

You nodded, "I know." You smiled softly as you looked up at him. "You best get moving." You nodded to the gates of the prison. "It's nearly time."

Andy looked over and let out a heavy sigh, "See you soon." He whispered and pressed his lips against yours before he opened the door and got out.

You waited until you couldn't see Andy any longer before you sat back and closed your eyes.

You weren't sure how long had gone by. But you were certain by the time Andy was back, it hadn't been very long. He slammed the door shut and stared straight a head, his hands gripping the steering wheel making his knuckles turn white as his chest heaved.

"What--"

"SONOFABITCH!" Andy began slamming his hand against the steering wheel with a scream.

"He said no, didn't he?" You said.

Andy scoffed, "He belittled me." He looked at you. "Said I abandoned him. Said I was a terrible father-" He punched the steering wheel again. "Then, he said no."

You reached over and placed your hand over his. "I don't want to sound like an asshole or anything, but you knew he would."

Andy groaned and dropped his head forwards onto the steering wheel. He turned his head to look at you. "M'sorry," He sat up and reached out for your hand, raising it to his lips. "I hate that he's my father. I don't want people thinking, Jacob, is anything like him."

You nodded. "He's nothing like him, Andy." You smiled softly. "But being like this, beating yourself up because he's a... Sadistic cunt, isn't going to help matters."

Andy nodded, "I know... I know." He groaned and dropped his head back. "Bastard."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 978 38
Piece by piece, he restored my faith that a man can be kind, and a father could stay.
383 13 13
Perhaps he simply wasn't meant to have happiness. Why else would it have taken such a horrible turn? One would've thought he would've learned his les...
3.1K 68 10
Y/n L/n just moved to Denver and what she thought was going to be a peaceful town...turned out to be so much more. Posting Every Monday/Tuesday
3.3K 36 13
Drew was always worried about what people thought about his family. He was living in Texas after all. But this pushed him over the edge. Disclaimer:...