Sunflower | C.M

By reisesspuff

Just like the sunflower bloomed each day, so does Francesca Castro's feelings towards the shapshifter, Camilo... More

Introduction
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII (PT. 1)
VIII(PT. 2)
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV

V

31 1 3
By reisesspuff

Long chapter ahead! 👀
____________

Abuela Juana, Francesca, and a few other people were the first to go to La Casa Madrigal, now in crumbles. So many questions filled in Francesca's mind, but decided to asked later as she found...

"Isabela!", she exclaimed and went towards the 21 year old Madrigal who was with her papa, Agustin. More questions circulated in her mind as she saw Isabela's new form, but not's now the time to asked.

As Isabela explained what happened, including her new form, Francesca felt happy for her, but at the same time felt bad for the Madrigal and their beloved home. She enveloped her older friend a hug, while patting her back. Isabela was too stunned, but she hugged her back as she burst into tears.

Francesca was the type of person who doesn't know how to give advices, but she gave the best hugs.

Julieta's chant of her youngest daughter's name was heard, and Isabela was the one who broke the hug. "Mirabel? Where's Mirabel? Mirabel!", she then started to shout her sibling's name, followed by Agustin, and soon the others.

Encanto was soon enveloped in a dark night, and the Madrigals kept shouting Mirabel's name, with Julieta's voice being the loudest. Alma was sitting on the ground, with Juana comforting on her side.

Francesca felt so bad for them. No house, no magic, no Mirabel on sight.

How would their beloved town go on if there's no miracle burning?

She just stood where she and Isabela hug, hopeless, and slowly sat on the ground, with forgotten Antonio's toy lay on her hands. A petite figure went near her and tugged her sleeve to catch the girl's attention, but Francesca didn't budged and just stared at the crumbled Casa.

Two small hands wrapped around her right arm, and a head was layed on her right shoulder. "I'm scared", it was Antonio. Francesca looked at him and ruffled his hair with her left hand. "I'm sure everything will be fine, little guy.", she gave her a small smile, which Antonio didn't reciprocated.

I know I lied, Antonio. Lo siento.

"Oh by the way, Leonardo is finished!", she gave the toy to the owner, and Antonio's expression glowed. Francesca's eyes softened as the little boy beside her smiled amidst of what's happening to them. "Gracias, Francesca!"

"Excuse me, you're Francesca Castro right?", a sweet voice caught their attention. They both turned around and saw Dolores, who greeted them with a smile. "Please do me a favor and look out for Antonio. Me, mi los padres y mi el hermano  will look for Mirabel.", her voice cracked but quickly cleared her throat. Francesca nod, which made Dolores whispered 'gracias' before she left.

Francesca noticed Pepa Madrigal and Felix Madrigal not far from them, who looked at her with a smile. And of course, Camilo. She stiffed a little bit when the shapshifter noticed her and made an eye contact.

To her surprise, he gave her a smile. A smile.

Francesca quickly broke their eye contact and continued looking at Antonio, who was playing with Leonardo.

She hated to admit it but she felt her cheeks turned hot.

Blushing from a smile? Disgusting, I still don't like him.

_______________

The next morning came, and Mirabel's still missing. Not only the Madrigals are looking for her, but other people as well.

People in town got busy, including the Castro family. Pablo and some of the people volunteered to cooked and bring food for them to eat and nourished their body, Juana volunteered to look out for Alma to rest at the Castro's residence, Karlos called all the carpenters in the town and gathered all the materials im rebuilding La Casa Madrigal, and Francesca continued to look out for Antonio from time to time since he need to spent time with his family too.

Everytime Antonio is with his family, the gal helped them find Mirabel. That's the least she can do to help the poor family.

"Alma, please you need to rest!" "Gracias, Juana, but I need to find Mirabel." Not far from her stood her abuela and Alma, who argued with their loud voices. Juana said something to Alma, which made the matriarch of the Madrigal family scoffed and walked faster.

The lass continued looking for the lost Madrigal, screaming and shouting her name. Time flies by and Francesca was already drenched in sweat. She stopped searching and went back to the crumbled La Casa Madrigal. She found a tree nearby and sat below the tree's shade.

"I guess, you, uh- need these?", an oh-so-familiar voice almost made her jump. Camilo stood there, with a rug on his left hand and a glass of water on the other. Francesca stared at him before snatching the glass of water. She quickly drank it before snatching the rug, and wiped her swear from her brown skin.

Camilo, still standing, cleared his throat, making the gal caught his attention. "I actually asked your hermano for a glass of water and a rug. You've been working so hard to find mi prima and— hey, where are you going?", Francesca was nk longer in her position and has. already walked. Camilo fastened his pace and eventually, he catched up with Francesca's pace. He grabbed the lass' hands. Before he could ask, Francesca stared at him the way she stared at him yesterday.

" Leave me alone.", she whispered with a cold tone,which made the shapshifter let go of her hands.  She take a last look at him before leaving.

Julieta's shouts were heard, signaling that Mirabel has been found.

_________

All people in the town started helping and rebuilding the house.

Francesca bought her gardening tools and seeds to plant. Isabela formally introduced to Luisa and Mirabel to her, and although Francesca was still intimidated by them, they get along just fine. Laughs were heard all the time when they plant, either one of them say a joke or planting in the wrong way.

She noticed Isabela, who was getting more not-so her 'old perfect self'. Isabela was getting more  expressive for who she really is, and this made her happier than ever.

Their moment was interrupted when three different people called the three Madrigals. Francesca insisted that she'll be fine, and the three of them waved at her before leaving her all alone planting.

"Oh! Oh! Teach me how to plant! Pleaseee??", Antonio suddenly tugged her skirt and Francesca looked down, surprised. He looked at her with puppy eyes, which made her quickly accepted his offer. "Alright, little guy. First thing is to—" "You don't mind Camilo will join, do you?"

Camilo stood there, fidgeting his hands and looked everywhere but her. She would really mind! She doesn't like him after THAT event! Would she say 'no', Antonio might dislike her.

"I-uh, don't mind actually. Come in. Wear your gloves first." She said, faking a happy tone. Antonio jumped in excitement and pulled her hermano towards the gal.

__________

Antonio excused himself to pee. Now, Camilo and Francesca were left all alone planting in the 5th rectanglular container gardener.

It was very, very awkward. Francesca avoided at all cost while Camilo always shifted closer to her. Because of this, she got annoyed so much that she almost slam the garfen trowel.

"What do you want?!", she shouted with a rage, and started to ramble. "I knew I shouldn't let you garden with us! Just your presence makes me— urgh! Yesterday, you gave me THAT dumb look! Don't tell me you didn't know you destroyed my yellow roses during your little brother's ceremony?! THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS GIFT! HIS FREAKING GI-"

"I know." Camilo told her with his cold tone. Now the girl was the one shocked. "You hate me—" "When did I say I hate you?" "It was obvious that you hate me."

Francesca clicked her tongue and crossed her arms. "I didn't say I hate you! I just don't like you because hate is a strong word to use. The reason why I dislike you is—"

"—Is you falsely accused me of destroying your flowers?" Camilo emphasized the word 'destroying'. Francesca was too stunned to speak. "H-huh?" She was utterly dumbfounded at his words.

Her? Falsely accused? Is he dumb?

"Look, I'm deeply sorry about stepping your flowers, even though it's accident. I will never ever destroy your flowers whom you took care with love. I understand the part that you dislike me, but I will never understand your reason why you dislike me. We bumped to each other, and it was very hard. I admit I step on your flowers, but—"

"Liar!", Francesca cut his sentence and stood up,towering over Camilo. "Stop saying it was an accident! Yes it's true that we bumped into each other, yes it's true you step on my precious flowers and....",she stopped her sentence, thinking about the words to say next. "And... And.... ", she huffed and looked at him with anger plastered on her face, but on the inside, she's running out of words to say.

Camilo noticed this and stood up, directly looking at her eyes. He took a deep breath and make himself calm.

"I'm not finished. I admit I step your flowers, but that doesn't mean it was intentional. It was an accident, because I didn't see the ground clearly. Remember when I shouted about my reserved arepas? I didn't blamed you nor I blamed myself because we did not see that we're on our each other's way. You focused on looking for your brother, while myself focused on my food."

Each words Camilo spat felt like a knife to Francesca. It felt like it pierced on her every part of her body. The air between them was too tense that both of them unknowingly dropped the gardening tools on the ground

"YOU'RE SO STUPID! YOU'RE SAYING IT'S MY ENTIRE FAULT, HUH? WHY CAN'T YOU COMPREHEND MY SENTE—"

"FRANCESCA, WHY YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND MY SENTENCE?! I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT TO YOU!"

Both of them have enough with each other already. They glared at one another, blood boiling inside of them.

"YOU KNOW WHAT?! I DON'T DISLIKE YOU ANYMORE, BECAUSE I HATE YOU!" Francesca crossed her arms.

"FINE! HATE ME ALL YOU CAN! BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU'RE EGOISTIC, STUBBORN, AND FALSELY ACCUSED ME OF DOING SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T DO IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Camilo finally snapped and pointed at the girl.

This was the last straw.

Before he knew it, Francesca slap Camilo , leaving a red mark on his right cheek. With his widened eyes, he looked at her. Francesca gritted her teeth.

"Don't talk to me ever again." She coldly told the boy, a dark expression in her face. Camilo only looked at her, unamused. Francesca threw her gloves on the ground before running from the Madrigal.

No other emotions Camilo felt, only pity for the girl. When will she learn?

_____
Hola everyone!! I noticed I upload twice a week, but it'll be different now. I only uploaded one chap because I'll be very busy this week
:(

I kinda felt bad I made Francesca b!tchy lol

Anyways, please don't forget to vote and comment! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.3K 35
Breaking down after his gift ceremony, Camilo Madrigal ran away from home and into the woods. Wondering into the woods, he stumbled across a girl hi...
143K 2.3K 28
Encanto x reader one shots Requests are closed Honestly, all the characters need more screen time. All of these are headcannons, (most of them), so...
15K 266 14
It's been four years since the disaster and beauty of the Madrigal family and their encanto was shown to the village. The family has since become clo...
53.4K 1.5K 44
It's 2022. You're 20 years old. But you had a project to do. On Colombian history, you decided to discover and solve on what happened to existence of...