Child's Warmth (Uglydolls Lou...

De SnowlightHeart

"Holy doll, I screwed up..." Mai multe

"Not A Perfect Start"
"They've Gone Too Far"
"A Big World Adventure/Disaster?"
"What A 'Darling' Child"
"School Had Just Begun"
"Muses and Chases"
"Longing Perspective"
"Perfection Drama"
"Collapsing Memories"
"Real Amends"
"A Little Helping Hand"
"Couldn't Be Better Than This"
"Huge Unexpected Turn"
"Learning and Worth"
"Doll Caught"
"Secret"
"The Search"

"A Well-Planned Escape"

446 10 3
De SnowlightHeart

I completely lock myself inside the shed for days as Ox tried his best to make me go out just to talk. Who does he think he is... ruining my life like this—Who am I kidding, I ruined my own life... He even asked for Mandy's help to interact with me. But of course, I push Mandy away.

"Lou, please—"

"Just leave me alone! I don't need you all!" I growled as I put a few clothes and lost things in my bag. Especially a very long rope and my diary. I am not about to let my life continue further to the path of failure like this! How did I become so dependent to others who TRIED to solve my problems for me?! Peggy even tried to demand me to open the door, but I only shut my only window locked, completely hitting his face before he fell on the ground.

There's no way a flying mule with no nose ruined my plans!

I trained myself on sneaking out every night as my practice while studying the all the blind spots in the entire intitution. I thought about the Spy Girls, the things I need to get in my old mansion, the robots, those Uglydolls, the consequences—I thought about it all just to get away from this place.

"Let's just talk this out! We are sorry, please!"

"Lou, it's Mandy! I'm sorry for leaving my work late! I didn't mean to made you wait that long! Please, let's talk! I'm sorry!"

I can hear Mandy sobbing outside the door that cause me to pause for a bit. However, I ignored her pleads afterwards once I glance at ripped bear next to me.

To remind me of what they did.

To remind me what they could do to me.

To remind me that I am endlessly in no use for anyone.

To remind me that I will never get my second chance tin this world.

No one is guilt tripping me so easily. Because of them, I couldn't fix him anymore. All the stuffings already come out and the stitches won't be strong enough to hold it. After packing my things, I decided to make another doll version of me. This time, a dummy and sprayed my perfume all over it. A strong scent is one way to distract that robot dog, so I'm gonna need this too if I'm gonna survive in the Big World.

As crazy as it sounds, I have to try again. I have looked everywhere for a chip or any device that was holding me from being trapped, but no. I am completely normal. I am not a robot. I have no wires... That means I can hope for something possible!

I worked up my ass for this moment and marked all the days in my calendar. I also made some hologram devices of me in my cloak, running and jumping around for the robots before sticking the devices around the town posts and walls until it reach the tunnels and pipes. Glitter bombs to gave them a blind eye in case I get trapped. All the places I can vent. Give myself a few options to rob something important in my old mansion where Ox and his Uglydoll friends are now staying.

Lasers, tranquilizers only if I am clearly in danger. It's needle is sharp enough to go through those metallic robots' necks if they go hard on me. Glue, needles, yarn as my rope in case I ran out, threads, markers and more. Luckily, it all fit in one small bag before I made another cloak. The last one got ruined and they can already recognize me under it.

Sooner or later, I wiped my sweat when I finally finished everything. My eyes turn to my calendar before giving it another check.

May 31: At Night, Final Escape

Weather: Rainy Day

Surveillances: Robots and Spy Girls

Goal in the Mansion: Prototype Rule Book

Hidden Escapes: Windows and Vents

Trapped for the Spies: Invisible Wires (Note: Robots only detects heat)

Too bad for them. I know a few things only thinkers appreciates. Those type of models are uncommon, that's why they are something.

"Just watch, everyone. I'm gonna find my own truth and kid. Exactly like the rest of you... And I'll show you what happens if you are careless to yourself... My trainings ARE useful...

_________________________________________________________

BANG!*

In the middle of the night, I slowly opened one eye and saw the robot dog fast asleep. Lucky that he gets some best dreams. I mentally complain as I hear the thunder roaring outside the city. I glance at my alarm clock and saw that it's 11:38 in the night. I sneakily tip toed towards the storage closet while my gaze are locked up straight to the dog and in each step I make. Luckily, I left all the doors opened. He easily wake up from door clicks and creaks.

I quickly put my new cloak on before pulling a mummy of me towards my sleeping spot. Not being perfectly careful enough, I accidentally bumped into a picture frame of me and Ox. Curses! I quickly throw the dummy in my spot and hid behind the mirror. I flinch and quickly cover my mouth when the dog woke up, but half-awake.

Thank god he gets sleepy on rainy days. Once he notice that my dummy's hand is shown, but my face is covered, he went back to his spot and fell back to his dreamland. I held my breath and grab my bag before climbing carefully in the small window. I was almost outside until I slip and accidentally made another thud as the box full of cotton, scattered on the floor. I quickly hang myself outside the shed, holding for my dear life when he woke up again.

Since when was the last time I wear socks that made me slip this much?!

I grab a pocket mirror from my pocket and glance in an angle inside and see him sniffing around. Crap! I carefully slide the small window close before listening in the wall. He is following the new scent. Luckily, I haven't wear my shoes yet or else my steps would have been a lot heavier.

I quickly press something on the remote to save my ass before I heard a radio went speaking inside my dummy self, "Can you robots bloody stop the noise?! I already had a bad day cleaning this blasted piece of crap of a town! Don't make it worse and just sleep!"

Was that too harsh? I glance inside and saw him growl at me, but went to his place anyways. I sighed in relief before climbing down the wall quietly. That was close... Next up, my old mansion. I notice that it's only slight rain showers and the lamps in each post is on, so it's easier for my hologram to blend in the dark.

•Babo's POV•

I was just getting a mug of coffee while the others are still playing around. Gee, it's cold tonight. Maybe I should have wear the sweatpants Moxy brought back for us. Well, if it fits by butt. I pouted from my thoughts before I yelped when I heard a thud from Ox's office.

"H-Hello?" I called out fearfully as I grab a random bat out of nowhere. I carefully open the door and cautiously went in. When I put a candle in my cup, I shriek before noticing that it was just Uglydog and Lucky Bat.

"Oh! Hello, fellas!"

"Babo! Thank you for ugly's sake, you found us! Quick! Get us down from here!" Uglydog ordered, but Lucky Bat was shaking his head, frantically. Apparently, I can't understand him since he has a tape on his mouth.

I quickly check my pockets for anything useful and... "I got nothing" I said, making the one eyed dog toy groaned. "Well, untie us up then!"

"You got it, buddy!" I exclaimed, but as soon as I put my bat down, I suddenly see stars and black when I feel my head went numb.

"Babo!"

I stumbled back a bit and saw someone in a hood, standing in front of me.

"Oh! Hello, Mr.Hoodie! Is this... space? I... actually flew to your home~" I sang like a drunk person before passing out.

•Lou's POV•

I smirk at the unconscious doll from the floor before grabbing the bat from his hand. "Thanks for the goodbye gift, Babo..." I muttered before glancing at the tied up dolls from the chandelier. "Who are you?! Why you gotta tied up Slick Dog like this?! You could've start in the arms, not make a cage for me!" The blue uglydoll animal complain once again, but I just roll my eyes and look for what I need.

"You're annoying, that's why. Be glad you are in here instead of the pet center..."

I sassed along with him as I grab the map under Ox's desk after a huge search up while I ignore that damn one eyed crap. I wish I can just put a tape on his mouth, but I rather listen and deal with it. I then found a jackpot when it was behind the wall where my portrait used to be hang all along. Now it's just Ox and his new friends. Wow Ox, you really DID replace me...

"W-Woah woah woah, WAIT! Hold on, how about we make a deal?! How about you put that book down and untied us up, then you can join our sleepover as my guest!"

"Hard pass" I rejected immediately as I close the safe behind the frame.

"There's chocolate cakes! Come on~ Who doesn't like chocolate? You can even have your own bed and play with us!~ Huh? Huuuh~" He keeps insisting but I just put the book in my bag and glance track to the two. "Congrats. You have a the better life, I don't. Very rich of you, ugly..." I added with a bitter laugh.

"Ok, you know what?! Screw the sleepover—You are such a mean person, hoodie boy!"

"Can say the same thing to you..." I retort back with my smirk growing wider when the alarm goes off once I purposely stole something worth precious to them. "Ha! Goodluck for at least trying, but you're trapped! Sooner or later, my friends will come get us with the robot cops!"

"Is that so?" I spoke calmly while playing with the gold button. "As I predicted then~ Thanks for wishing me luck, uglies. Sayonara~" I finished before letting myself fall outside the opened window.

"Oh no... Oh no, Oh no no no no no no no no—"

I just chuckle at the uglydoll's panicking expression before grabbing a rope next to my falling body and swing myself to a random roof. At the same time I land on one rooft, a helicopter light spot me before I started running. Be patient, Lou. It's all going according to plan.

I then caught Lydia and Kitty on sight with their spy suits and jump to the same roof as mine. Now they are both trailing behind me. They're here already? Oh well... Since smoke bombs won't work on rain, I used my small fire extinguisher to them before jumping down on the roof and hid from the shadows.

"Doll it! We lost the criminal! Kitty, what do we do?!"

The pink hair look around for a while before she spot my hologram in a split second after I activate my devices with one push from my remote.

"There he is! He hasn't gone that far! I'll meet him on left, you'll trail behind him on the right! Ugh, where the bloody HELL is Tuesday when we need her the most?!"

Glad you ask. About that...

Meanwhile with Tuesday...

"Oh, Lou~ Of course I'll marry you! Even if you are a cardboard! I can't bear to live much further without your face~ Do you like my bangs?! Eeek, I can even practice my walking on the aisle for you!"

Back to me...

I basically filled her bedroom of me in posters, bedsheets and more as a diversion. I didn't know that they will actually work. I sneak away from the two spies using the dark and shadows before I started running again, trying to avoid the robots and helicopters as much as possible.

Who knew a gold button is more important than the Book of Prototypes. Are they that cheap? Ok, now all I have to do is figure out how to open the portal.

But when I cross the asterisk road, I bumped into Kitty on the way. Ah, here we go again...

"W-Wha-Why you little rat! Don't underestimate us, ladies, kind sir! You just HAD to our beauty sleep ruined tonight!" She complained before I cursed and started running towards the portal. And when I did, Lydia blocked my way. Ok! Time for Plan B! Operation: Spider Web! I quickly did a high quadruple flip to avoid Lydia before her jaw drop when I keep picking up my pace towards the portal.

"Don't just stand there, you imbecile! Stop him!"

Once I reached the center, I made a few flips gymnasts always do before landing on one knee. Gosh, good thing I always do my exercises everyday.

At first, they were confused, but keep running towards me in full speed as I casually watch them. That's when I activated the invisible wires that I just avoid and got them. They stretch to my face for a few seconds before I smirk, "Too bad you are only beginners when it comes to gymnastics, kitten~" I joke a bit with a slight flirt before her eyes widen.

"Oh oh..."

And then they went slingshot at the other side of town.

"CURSES!" She yelled in disbelief, loud enough for the helicopters to follow them. I quickly slide down the slope river and hid under the bridge when the robots are back. I sighed in relief before taking a quick break first before opening the book. Rules and Secrets of Prototypes. Hmm... interesting...

"Rule #1: Prototypes are specifically made by humans, not machines. That also means that they are allowed to wear whatever they want"

"Rule #2: Prototypes are indeed allowed to wear whatever they want, BUT they must always be presentable and perfect as teachers before the class starts"

"Rule #3: Prototypes DON'T have to run in the Gauntlet with the other dolls. Otherwise, it will be considered eliminated"

No wonder I keep failing...

"Rule #4: Prototypes are ALLOWED go to the Big World. As long as you have your light up stone, you are free to go and return as much as you please. To know more about the light up stones, please proceed to page 569. To find your light up stone, please proceed to page 471..." I read and indeed proceed to page 471 after I finish.

If only I read about this sooner, I would have found my own kid and didn't get let jealousy take over. Where is this book during my entire creation?!

I could have stay friends with Ox. I could have stayed as the leader. I could have maintain the Institute of Perfection under my name. Well, on the other hand, at least at this rate, I don't need them anymore.

Your hint:

To find your light,

Find your guide

From all your cries,

You went blind

Took cared of you

And dried away your tears

Never use you as a tool

You always see it, but never hear

I frown at the poetic hint before my bag started glowing. I quickly place the book next to me and search my bag, to see something glowing bright blue from my ripped teddy bear. I keep my look out before I found a moonlight stone shape like a crescent inside him.

"After all this plan, you have it all along?! Gosh, Teddy, I love you!" I cheered in joy, but quickly covered my mouth when I heard a robot passing by. I push myself deeper in the darkness before I check out the book again. I then check out the time and it was 11:54. All clear.

I repacked my things and carefully sneak in front of the portal.

In the middle of the rain, the portal slowly glowed, bright, once it made contact with my hands, yet it didn't open for me. Instead, something else opened. A blue desk that has the same color as my stone appeared from underground. Creepy. Good thing the robot cops and helicopters went straight to Uglyville now. I carefully put my stone on the tall table before it move and stick my stone in it.

The next thing happened made me want to celebrate. It opened! At last, I finally made it work! I mentally scream in happiness while grabbing my light stone. Please don't let this be a dream! I finally opened it! I was about to hid my stone until a voice spoke next to me, making me halt and my smile slowly fade away.

"Lou?"

I looked at the side and saw Nolan, staring at me in shock with his umbrella. "W-What are you doing?..." He stammered as he ask before I notice him still wearing my 'UGLY' sign. Only the better version.

"You're... still wearing it..."

"Of course I do, I love it and you gave it to me, but that doesn't matter%, You are gonna face a severe consequences if something happens to you..." He warned fearfully, but I couldn't care less.

"So what? You wanna stop me? Nolan, I want to have my own kid too..."

"But you're gonna get hurt! It's too risky and who knows how Mandy and Ox will react if something happens to you—"

"If THAT did happen, then good for everyone. They won't have to handle a burden like me ever again. It maybe risky, but I have to try. I wanna see what the Big World looks like. I wanna find my own child. I wanna know everything you guys experienced. I've been lonely ever since that day, Nolan. Even if Mandy tried, I still feel like there's something missing... Don't you want me to feel happy?" I stated as calm as possible before he got quiet.

"I-I... I do wanna see you happy, but..."

"Then let me leave. Let me find my girl or boy and share my bundle of joy with them and-"

"I KNOW!" He scream before I notice that he was crying under his umbrella. "I-I k-know... Seeing you back in that black s-suit... just feels like you're gonna leave us forever..." he whimpered as I watch him uncontrollably breakdown in front of me.

"You may think that I n-never feel guilty when I threw you in the washer, but I d-did. You help us trained everyday, handle all our butts so easily, yet also entertain and motivate us! You've done so much for us! You put up the stress, alone, just for us! Now that you find a way to leave... I j-just... feel like we've been not a very good student to your eyes. I feel like... I'll never see you again..." he added before something drop from my stomach.

Nolan... You really know how to guilt trip anyone... Well, at least I know that you and Mandy cares about my absence more than I thought...

"Are you really stupid? Didn't you hear what I just said back in the Gauntlet?" I reminded him but he just sniff and shook his head, frantically. "You were lying! No one noticed it because you're a good actor, but I did!"

I guess he's more smarter than the other empty-headed dolls...

"Idiot. If you are that heartbroken of my farewell, then just look at that UGLY sign and you'll remember me..." I scoff while hiding my stone before I flinch when I saw the time from the clock tower.

Crap... They'll be back in 30 seconds!

"Go then" I heard Nolan said before I glance to him. He just have a weak smile and sign me to go through. "I'll see you in the Big World one day, boss..." he added before he fake a salute, making me chuckle and slowly raise my fist for a fist bump. I think I just saw his eyes sparkle and went to hug me instead, making me slowly hug back.

So this is what hugs actually feel like. It's warm...

"See you at the other side, Nolan..."

That's all I said before my whole body went through. The last thing I heard was the clock and his words,

"We're bros, right?"

Fool. We are already bros when you throw me in the washer. Just like I did when I push you to that robot dog as payback.

...12 o'clock in Midnight finally strikes...

...1st Day of June has finally arrived...

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

10.8K 609 151
꒦ ͝ ꒷ ͝ ꒦ ͝ ꒷꒦ ͝ ꒷ ͝ ꒦ ୨୧ ꒦ ͝ ꒷ ͝ ꒦ ͝ ꒷ ͝͝ ꒷ ͝ ꒦ ❥ ‿ 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 ^__^ ⸝⸝ ✩
19.3K 569 22
𝕭𝖆𝖊 𝕵𝖎𝖓𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖝 𝕷𝖊𝖊 𝕯𝖆𝖊𝖍𝖜𝖎 [ CURRENTLY EDITING ]
4K 182 22
"Santa baby..I've been a awful good girl"
174K 2.4K 36
republished!