Like no one does

Por Raven0822

In an alternate timeline Tony Stark has a baby sister. Veronica Stark is 4 when their parents die in 1991. A... Mais

A quick note
December 16, 1991
Iron Man's sister
Unofficial Avenger
I need a favor
Buttercup to your Westley
Inside sources confirm
Paris
Bucky
Bucky part two
Movie night
Going home
Truths and kept promises
Choices
Complications
You know this guy?
Unexpected confession
Options
There's just no trust anymore
Conversations in the dark
Baron Helmut Zemo
A second opinion
This involves you too
Oh mon Dieu!
Half a chance
It's a surprise
Blindsided
Anvil

Welcome to Wakanda

750 31 47
Por Raven0822

Steve's POV an hour later

Looking back over his shoulder at Veronica and Tony huddled together by the quinjet, Steve let out a quiet sigh of pain for them and of relief that she was physically unharmed. As for mentally and emotionally, well that was another story. This was something that was cutting into old wounds recently reopened and there was nothing he could do to help either one of them other than to be there ready to be an ear or a shoulder when they needed it. Turning his attention back to Bucky, King T'Challa and Zemo, he focused on what was being discussed. What to do with the man who'd impersonated Buck and had killed not only the new King's father, but many more in his quest for vengeance.

The quiet man hadn't said another word after Veronica had cuffed him and left him in the Wakandian King's custody. In fact he silently stood still as he stared out at the view around them of the Siberian mountain range. It was almost unnerving how uncaring, seemly unfeeling, he was now that his plans had been foiled. If he hadn't heard for himself from Loki what had been said, Steve would have thought him heartless. Zemo wasn't a good person, but he wasn't a villain in the sense that they were used to. His family had been killed due to a mistake made by Stark and Banner, a year later and they were still paying for the fallout of Ultron.

"I am going to leave him in your custody, Captain Rogers. It is my belief that while he killed my father he needs to face judgment for the other countless crimes he has committed first. I trust that you will not let him slip through your fingers." The implied threat of retribution should that happen hung unnecessarily in the air. Nodding Steve glanced over at Bucky who was staring at the Sokovian. Not in anger, though that was there as well, but in pain at the past he was forced to relive.

"We'll take him with us until the UN decides what they want to do with him. In the meantime we thank you for your help and willingness to listen to the truth." He tells the young King with a hand on his best friend's back in gratitude. Inclining his head in acknowledgement, T'Challa gives Buck a commiserating smile.

"I am just glad the truth came out before I avenged my fathers death on the wrong man." Turning his full attention to the brunette standing next to Steve he tilts his head to the side as he weighs what he's about to offer. "From what your friends have told me, Sergeant Barnes, you have a target on your back as long as these trigger words are in your head. Please allow me to offer a way to get them out."

Steve and Bucky share a questioning glance before looking back at T'Challa. It was something they'd talked about at great length since they'd been home. The hope was with Dr Kent's help they'd be able to find a way to undo the brainwashing done to him and get the trigger words out of his head for good.

Buck's tone was cautious, but skeptical when he peppered the other man with questions. "What do you mean? You have a way to get what Hydra did out of me, how?"

"My sister, how can I say this?" He smiles with barely concealed pride as he looks Bucky in the eyes and shrugs unsure how to discribe his genius sister. "She is incredibly gifted and is always up for a challenge." At their concerned and doubtful expressions he was quick to reassure them she wouldn't harm him. "I am not explaining this right at all. Wakanda has the medical resources to help you should you wish it. As a thank you for all that the Avenger's have done for our fallen King and personally for my family. There's nothing we can say or do that will ever repay you, but I hope this is a step in that direction."

As Steve watched Bucky think over his offer, Veronica's soft voice had all four men turning to look at her. Wrapped up in a pair of Tony's spare sweats and a spare suit jacket she stood there shivering from the cold. "You should take him up on his offer, James."

Shifting her red rimmed eyes towards T'Challa she said without a hint that her request was up for debate, "And if you'll allow it I would like to come with him, your highness."

At Bucky's nod of acquiescence T'Challa grinned as he nodded his permission and let them know that he was ready to leave whenever they were. Gently grasping her elbow Steve told the others they needed a minute to talk. Seeing the look on his face Bucky and T'Challa wisely kept their comments to themselves as he escorted Ronnie away from them. Walking over to the quinjet he led her up the ramp and inside for some relative privacy. When Loki sees the serious expressions on their faces he makes himself scarce, telling them he was going to have a little chat with the Baron. Not sure what that meant and not really caring at the moment he ignored the threat lacing the Asgardian's eager voice.

Once they were finally alone Steve slid his hand down from her elbow to clasp their hands together. "Ronnie, I know you want to protect Buck, but I can go with him. You should go back to New York and be with Tony to deal with the fallout of all of this."

Stubbornly shaking her head Veronica glared up at him trying to take her hand back. When he refused to let her go her eyes filled with tears. His heart aching for her, he pulled her close as he pressed his free hand to the back of her head to rest her cheek against his chest. "I'm going with him and not just to protect him, but because I'm not ready to deal with all of this and what's waiting for me back home. I'm tired Steve. Tired of being the strong one who everyone relies on to clean up the messes. Tony, Pepper, the other's.. you. You all can manage it all without me for a little while."

Running his hand through her hair the way she liked in a bid to comfort her he said, "That's not what I meant at all and you know it. I meant the emotional fallout. You and Tony need to talk and not just to each other, but to Dr Kent or someone who can help you with your grief."

Continuing to keep her face pressed to his chest Veronica's words come out muffled. "Tony is always just a phone call away and he knows I am the same for him. As for grief counseling that will be handled when I get back. Right now Buck needs me and I need a break away from New York, the Avenger's and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but from you as well. I think in the long run some space apart will do everyone some good."

Space, she wanted space? How much more space did she need? She'd kicked him out of their home, ran away to the Tower to avoid working at the Compound with him and then had readily thrown her life away to go on the run for who knows how long without a backwards thought. No. He was done acquiescing to her demands for more distance between them. If she wanted space then she could have it, he would be on the same damned continent as her. Grasping her small shoulders in his large hands he pushed her back enough to look down into her confused eye's.

"Fuck your space. I'm done with you running from me, Veronica, do you hear me!" Giving her a little shake to emphasize his point Steve went off on her like he's never done before.

"Whether you allow me to willingly come or I have to cuff you to my god damned side you and I are going to work through this. If I've lost your love.. it'll break my heart, but I'll survive. I refuse to lose your friendship, that I know I can't survive. I know if you take off without me that when you get back it'll really be over for us. I can feel it in my bones and refuse to lose you." At his outburst her expression of shock turned to sadness before her stubbornness settled in.

Trying and failing to get him to let go, Veronica's eyes narrowed up at him in anger. While he didn't like her angry at him he would take it if it meant the lifeless look of grief and defeat left them. "I won't stop you from coming to support Bucky, but I refuse to talk about us unless I'm ready to. You can't force me to work through the damage you caused because you're afraid."

Jaw clenching Steve ground his teeth together and did something probably incredibly stupid, but the only thing he could think of at the time. He kissed her. No, kiss was too soft a word. Too kind and sweet. What he did was ravage her mouth with his. Picking her up Steve kept one hand on her neck and jaw, his fingers speared through her hair as his other held her up around her waist. At first she bit his bottom lip hard enough to draw a little blood, but when he refused to stop Ronnie sunk into him with a moan. Lifting her legs she wrapped them around his waist as her arms came up around his neck as she deepened their kiss, her hands gripping his hair almost this side of painful. He didn't care let her work her anger out on him, he was just as angry and hurt.

Their tongues fought for dominance, each trying to claim the other as he staggered over to press her against the closest sturdy wall. Refusing to let her push him away anymore than she already had he tried to show her how much he was sorry. How much he loved her and how much he needed her. As much as he wanted to give her the space she needed he couldn't let her go without fighting for them. He would back off, but he would be nearby if she needed him. After several minutes of fighting him Veronica gave up and let him win. The hold she had on his hair went from punishing to tugging to bring him closer.

Before he could lose all control he broke away with a gasp, setting her down on shaky legs. Giving Veronica a hard look he told her, "I love you, but I'm done sitting back watching you slip through my fingers. If I have to share your love and affection then I'll learn to live with it, but I'm not going to lose you." Cupping her face he leaned down to kiss her one more time leaving her breathless before walking away to grab his shield and exited the quinjet.

+++

Ronnie's POV

Shocked to say the least by what just happened and what he told her about sharing her Ronnie half slumped against the wall thinking to herself, what the hell just happened? In all of the time that she's known Steve she's seen him express every emotion from happiness to sadness and everything in-between, but never had she ever seen or experienced that level of desperation. It was like he'd just snapped and honestly the demanding way he'd taken her had sent her labido through the roof. At first she was angry that he would kiss her again without her permission, but she could taste his need for her on his tongue the longer their kiss continued.

Touching her kiss-swollen lips she stood there in a daze. It wasn't until her brother spoke that she even realized that she wasn't alone anymore. "Mini, are you okay? What's got Steve all worked up?"

Looking up at him she stood up straight raking her fingers through her disheveled hair trying to not look like she'd basically just been ravished while they all were mere feet away. "Hmm, what? Yes, I'm fine, I-"

Laughing a little hysterically Ronnie cleared her throat and started over. "It was nothing. A little disagreement is all. Um, I'm going with Bucky to Wakanda. I don't know if you had a chance to talk to King T'Challa, but he says his sister has a way to help get the shit Hydra put in his head out."

Furrowing his brow he glanced at her and then back out at Steve and the others. "I thought you were going back to France for a while. Is going all the way to Africa a good idea right now?"

Going over to take his hand in hers she tried to get him to calm down. "Bubba, I'll be fine. In fact I think this is exactly what I need. No work, no Avenging. Just some time to myself while I help a friend."

Pursing his lips he clicked his tongue as he tapped the end of ner nose. "A friend, is that what you're sticking with? I happened to see the footage from the kitchen last night." Blushing hard with embarrassment at what she knew he had seen between her and Bucky, she opened and closed her mouth floundering for a moment.

The realization then dawned on her that he had probably seen Steve go into her room last night as well and that neither he or Buck had left it until this morning. Feeling slightly violated she shoved him a little. "Jesus Christ, Tony, really? You've got your cabin under video surveillance?"

"I've got every property I own under surveillance, Veronica. Inside and out with the exception of the bedrooms and the bathrooms. You've got by my count, two super soldiers and a god chasing after you, little miss and you seem to be receptive to all three of them. Wanna tell me what's going on?"

Pouting, she crossed her arms as best she could, in his borrowed coat. "It's complicated and no I don't. Hell, I don't even know what's going on half the time myself."

Holding his hands up in surrender Tony tried to placate her. "No judgement, Ronnie. Just be careful with them is all I'm saying. I don't want to see you or anyone else getting hurt."

"Even Loki?" She tried to joke, but his face stayed serious as he nodded.

"Even him as much as it pains me to say that. Broken hearts can make people lash out and say or do anything. His being here is to make amends, not make things worse for himself." Properly chastised Ronnie nodded as Tony came over to give her a hug.

Squeezing her tight he leaned back a bit to look down at her. "It's a good thing you guys didn't unpack much. I'll take Zemo to Ross, get you and Barnes cleared. Then I'll grab all of your guy's stuff and bring it to you." Before she could reply they were interrupted.

"I hate to interrupt, but I wish to tag along on this little adventure of yours, Veronica. See it through to the end, if you will." The Stark siblings both turn their heads to see Loki standing at the top of the ramp with his hands behind his back. Standing there in just his dress shirt, pants and Oxfords as if the cold wasn't affecting him in the least.

Adamantly shaking her head Ronnie let go of Tony to stand beside him letting her brother keep his arm around her shoulders. "Yeah, no you're going back with Tony. As much as I appreciated your help, you need to figure out your situation before going anywhere. Besides, I doubt you'll enjoy Africa. It's hot and you're well.." She gestures at his pale skin as if that explained it all.

Shrugging off her less than true concern for him he crossed his arms over his chest unintentionally flexing letting her get an idea that while he wasn't as bulky as Steve or Bucky he was just as muscled. "My brother and yours can settle things and it's not as if I'll be unescorted. I'll be with two of the Avengers at all times. Besides, I have plenty of incentive to stay by your side, darling." He said, flashing a roguish grin her way.

"It's not up to me. Bucky, Steve and I were invited. You are a prince, you should know better than to assume that you can just go to someone else's country without a proper invitation." Well to be honest she had pushed herself in on that invite, but he didn't need to know that.

Tilting his head with a pleased smile on his annoyingly handsome face he informed them both, "It's already handled. I spoke with King T'Challa after my little chat with the Baron and I've been assured that I am most welcome." Speechless Ronnie turned to Tony for help, but found none.

"This actually would be helpful. He'll be out of the way while Thor can be back in the city to help get everything straightened out. Look at it this way, Mini, he only needs to stay until his presence can be announced to the world and then he can come back to New York. We don't know how long it's going to take for this princess to unscramble Barnes' brains so you can still get the vacation you need and I'm sure there will be plenty for him to do to stay busy and out of your way."

"Seriously, Anthony?! One, that's insensitive and two, you just don't want to be stuck on babysitting duty." At her use of his full name he glares at his little sister, but he can't help but grin when she figured him out. "Damn straight. As your older brother and a senior Avenger I say he's all yours, Veronica."

"That only works for so long mister and you're only Senior by hours and even then not by that much." She grumbled up at him petulantly. Grinning down at her Tony stuck his tongue out at her. "Still longer than you. Suck it up, Buttercup, cause he's all yours."

Knowing it was a normal saying didn't matter because she knew it was mainly a dig at Steve's nickname for her. A reminder that he was sending her off with three men who all wanted to be more than friends and who she was very much confused about. Shooting her a wink he grabbed her suit's chest piece of the seat she'd left it on as he guided her over to the waiting Asgardian handing it to her.

"What better way to figure out your love life than having all of them there to talk it out with at the same time." Clapping his hands in glee he pushed her into Loki's arms and with a hand on each of their backs guided them down the ramp to the waiting others.

"Now that that's all settled me and Baron Von Dick can head out. Have fun, be safe and make sure to wrap it before you tap it. I don't want any nieces or nephews quite yet." He whispered that second part in her ear much to her mortification. Dodging out of her way just as she turned to punch him for his remark Tony laughed as he blew her a goodbye kiss.

All humor left his face when he snapped his fingers at Zemo, gesturing for the other man to come with him. Keeping it simple all he said was, "Let's go."

Without a single comment he began to walk over to her brother and the waiting quinjet. Just as Zemo was about to pass her Ronnie placed her hand on his chest stopping him in his tracks. Tapping her suit she told him, "I'll be watching. Say one word to my brother other than 'I have to use the bathroom' and I will hunt you down and fulfill that promise I made you."

"Understood, Ms Stark." He tells her, incling his head, his eyes guarded as he remembered her whispered threat. Keeping eye contact with him for a solid minute Ronnie clenched her jaw before she stepped out of his way.

Calling out to her brother as he gripped onto the Sokovian's arm ready to take him into the quinjet. "Tones, keep him secure and stay away from him. He'll try to get into your head if he gets the chance. I suggest using some duct tape to have some peace and quiet." Glancing from her to the man trying to look harmless and failing, he nodded his understanding.

Turning her attention to the other four men she tried to keep her face from telling them all how she really felt, but she had a feeling that she wasn't very successful. Ignoring all but his royal kittiness Ronnie gestures for him to lead the way. "Ready if you are, your highness."

"Please, call me T'Challa. I prefer none of the formal addresses if I can help it. If you will all follow me we can get going." Giving him a small smile she nods and treks after him, taking Bucky's hand in hers with Steve and Loki trailing behind them.

While she wasn't thrilled with her brother's comments and inferences about her traveling companions she really was here to put Buck's needs above everything else. Right now he was hurting, they both were and she wanted to comfort her friend as well as needing some comfort of her own. As always he seemed to sense her thougts. "Are you sure you want to come with me? I'll understand-"

Stopping, she had Steve and Loki go around them so she could have a word with Bucky. Once they were far enough away she rounded on him, not exactly angry, more like she was frustrated that she had to repeat herself.

"We've already talked about this, James. I don't blame you. I forgive you and I won't hear anymore about it. Do I make myself clear?" Waiting for his nod she stepped into his arms and held him tightly to take some of the sting out of her slightly harsh words. Looking up at him she genuinely smiled for the first time since yesterday. "Let's go get your mind back."

Arms tightening around her Bucky hugged her back as he took a deep breath and slowly let it out as he tried to keep his emotions in check. Not saying much more than "Okay", he took her hand in his and walked with her into the tricked out spaceship looking Wakandan jet.

Each of them found a seat as T'Challa settled into the pilot's seat and started it up when he placed a small bead from his bracelet into the control panel. After making sure that Tony had the coordinates to where exactly they were going they took off. Holding Buck's hand Ronnie tried to not let herself get lost in her head, but that was a losing battle. She didn't know how well the next however long was going to go, all she knew was that it wasn't going to be easy for any of them. For now she would try to only concentrate on helping Bucky because she knew that to do anything else would cause her to have a mental breakdown.

Trying to relax Ronnie glanced around at the high tech interior of the jet more than impressed. It was very clear that the Wakandan's were hiding something because the supposedly not very rich in anything as a third world country had technology that far out stripped any that she'd ever seen before and as a Stark that was saying something.

+++

After a couple of hours she let go of Bucky's hand to stretch her legs and look around. Seeing how advanced this ship was had her thinking that maybe they could help Buck with his arm as well as his mind. Making her way over to T'Challa she broached the subject with him as he came out from what had to be the bathroom. He had changed into a black tunic with matching pants that had silver embroidery along the collar and hemline and pair of leather sandals.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you about something." With a kind smile he nodded for her to go ahead. "As you know Bucky lost his arm and Hydra replaced it with something that, while it works, is extremely heavy and painful. Do you think your sister or someone else could look at it and maybe make a replacement?"

Glancing over at the man being discussed he looked over Buck's metal arm in contemplation. "I don't see why Shuri shouldn't be able to come up with something much more lightweight for him. Has he had it for a long time?" She nodded.

"Since the 40's. I'm sure there have been updates made on it before my brother had a chance to look at it, but it's ancient and has a tendency to lock up on him." She explained, following his gaze with her own before looking back at T'Challa.

"I will discuss it with my sister when we land which will be soon." Thanking him she went back to her seat stripping off Tony's coat and sweat pants that were over her shorts. Grateful that she was at least going to be sort of comfortable in the upcoming heat she told Bucky and Steve the good news.

"You mean I'll be able to get rid of this?" He asked, holding up his left hand. Smiling at him she nodded. A look of awe came over his face as he flexed his metal hand, Steve gripped his shoulder in happiness for his friend. "Every bit of Hydra finally stripped away after seventy years. Looks like I have even more to thank you for, doll."

"No thanks necessary, James. Just keeping a promise I made." At his and Steve's inquiring looks she explained. "When I met you I promised myself I'd do everything I could to make up for all that happened to you. This is just one small drop in the bucket of that promise." Before he could say anything T'Challa called them up to see his capital city.

Not seeing much except for a dense forest they kept a watchful eye on the horizon. After a little while they all tensed waiting for impact when he flew them straight towards the trees straight ahead of them. He laughed at their expressions of fear and then awe as they went through the holographic image and saw a glittering metropolis spread out for miles. It was a mix of new buildings made of metal and glass blended perfectly with the ancient culture of their past. Grinning at them all T'Challa says, "Welcome to Wakanda."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.1M 28.9K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
552 40 6
-Mature content-Alternative timeline- When Steve Rogers returned the infinity stones to their rightful timelines, he stayed back in the past and had...
8.1K 467 33
Read about Miranda, the mechanic, wakes up after an accident and finds herself in 2011 MCU Asgard in a different body and life. Read as she fixes th...
1.1K 99 10
Stephen is in love with Tony. Stephen is scared to tell Tony how he feels because he's afraid Tony will reject him and he doesn't want to lose his f...