You know this guy?

Ronnie's POV

Taking his hand in hers she leads him over to the launch pad and gets into position and has him copy her. Then they're off. Less than two minutes into their flight JARVIS notifies her that the FBI, Homeland security and now the CIA are waiting for them at her house. Coming to a floating stand still she thinks about what she can do and where they can go.

"Well, shit.."

Floating next to her over the Brooklyn bridge Bucky stared at her or at least that's what she assumed he was doing since his helmet was still on. "Veronica, just let me go with them. Once they start their investigation they'll see I didn't do this and..

Angrily cutting him off she yelled at him. "I told you no dammit! If you go with them they won't let you go and I'm not going to lose my friend because you are too kind or too blind to see the trap that this is."

He knew she was determined to not lose him, but he still felt like he needed to answer for the things he'd done and Ronnie knew that. Ronnie was thankful that he had no idea how to control Tony's suit. She didn't like that she was essentially holding him hostage right now. She hated taking away his choice, but she'd made him and Steve a promise to get him his freedom and that's what she was going to do.

Holding out his hand for her he asked her to come closer. Doing as he asked Ronnie took it. Pressing the side of his and her helmets so that they could see each other's faces she apologized. "I'm sorry for yelling at you James, I'm just scared for you. I can't lose my friend."

By the look in his eyes she knew he already forgave her. Cupping the side of her face he stares hard into her eyes, pleading for her to let him go. "Doll, I'm not worth all of this and I refuse to let you become a fugitive for helping me. I've been thinking about this for a while now. About turning myself in." When she opened her mouth to protest he spoke over her. "No matter what you've said I don't think they'll give me that pardon. I've killed too many people of great importance over the last fifty years that they can't just forgive or forget."

Shaking her head Ronnies eyes hardened in anger at him for just giving up. Where was the Bucky Barnes that Steve had told her about? The man who never backed down no matter what for what was right and just. The man who Steve had modeled himself after. She knew Hydra had broken him, but she didn't think they'd broken that part of him. "I made you and Steve a promise. I refuse to break it."

"Ronnie no-" Ignoring him she spoke to both of the AI's.

"JARVIS, FRIDAY, activate stealth mode. We're going to the cabin. Don't let anyone but my brother know where we're going until I can determine who's on my side." Narrowing her eyes at Bucky she shook her head. "It's not up to you what I do. If I want to help you then I'll fucking help you the law and the Accords be damned."

Poking his metal covered chest she growled out, "I'm disappointed that you would just roll over and give up James Barnes. You are fucking worth it! If I have to fucking repeat that every god damned day for the rest of your damned life I will because I believe it and so does Steve. I may be mad at him, but in this we are on the same page. So we're going to hide until Tony and Steve can finish what I started. Got it?"

Not giving him a chance to reply she put her helmet back up and followed the coordinates for Tony's cabin. Bucky had no choice but to follow her. The whole trip was made in silence. Ronnie knew she had been overly harsh, but she was scared and worried about what would happen to him if he was to be taken into the government's custody.

He might think he deserved whatever they would do to him because of the massive guilt he felt, but he didn't. He'd been an unwilling participant who's body had been hijacked into killing and hurting people. The Winter Soldier might be gone or at least under the surface for now, but Bucky had to live with the memories of everything Winter had done. He had to learn to live with it all. The pain. The loss of his innocence. The absolute devastation that had been his life for seventy years.