Trouble Is... // Jalex

By hothoneydrizzle

JB1988: If we had a competition for whose roommate is worse I'd definitely win. Earthtolex: I somehow doubt t... More

Don't Hate Me
Practice Makes Perfect
Spinning
Say Anything (Else)
When I Found You
I Love You So
A Little Respect
NVM
Dear Jack
Do You Realize??
The Way We Talk
Something's Gotta Give

Disconnect

78 4 0
By hothoneydrizzle

Jack wakes up the next morning to his blaring alarm, he snoozes it and it goes off again 10 minutes later, then again 10 minutes later until he totally gives up and just starts listening to the sound. He falls back asleep, letting the tone blare through the room as his mind incorporates it into his dream.

Alex wakes up at Jack's alarm and can't help but smirk a little at the fact that he's still out.He gets up and turns the alarm off, goes into the little kitchen and makes them both coffee, hoping they can keep being at least nice to each other.He sets Jack's down on his side table and gently nudges him, 

"Jack? Wake up...I don't know if you've got classes but if you do, you don't want to be late." He nudges him again, "I made you coffee"

Jack jumps as Alex nudges him and turns on his side, finally turning the sound off. "HUH?" He rubs his eyes. "I was literally having a dream I was at a silent disco and all I could hear in my headphones was that stupid song!" He sits up, shuttering as he takes his blankets off. "You made me coffee?" He says, just now catching that part as the smell of coffee beans travels over to him. "Thanks." He smiles and pours himself a travel cup of it. "I'm going go be so late." He looks at the clock. "Or I could just not go and go back to beeddd."

Alex can't help but laugh a little at Jack's explanation of his dream and his little mini freak out. "Yeah, you could go back to bed if you wanted to, but is it worth skipping class for?" He asks, going back into the little kitchen, making himself and Jack a little bowl of instant oatmeal. He brings it to him, "either way, eat something first. We didn't eat anything last night. At least I didn't, I don't know about you."He sits down on his bed, "I don't have any classes til 2, but I got enough sleep."

Jack takes the oatmeal and shakes his head. "No, I didn't. Hold up!" He hops up and digs through his snack cabinet adding maple syrup, raisins and nuts to his oatmeal. "Want any?" He looks at the clock and shrugs. "Class starts in 10 minutes by the time I get all the way to Hawkins? Nah, walking in late is awkward I'm good." He hops back up on his bed and eats his oatmeal.

Alex nods, a smile on his face as he takes some of the syrup but none of the raisins or nuts. He'd have to count them and he absolutely doesn't want to look like an OCD psycho in front of Jack when it's really not that bad, not like it was a few years ago. "I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to walk that far either. I mean, by the time you got there the class would be like halfway done. Well. Probably not halfway, but late enough." He shrugs, taking a bite of his oatmeal. "So, since we're both no longer busy, wanna finish watching the movie? You kinda crashed." He smirks.

Jack rolls his eyes and smiles. "Yeah, I know I did. Let's finish it!" He turns it back on and rewinds it to the last point he can remember. "I think we were here?" He looks at Alex and shrugs. "You we're probably farther than me." He nibbles on his breakfast and sips his coffee as he turns his attention back to the screen.

Alex sits down next to Jack again, "yeah that looks about right." He smiles, settling back, working on his breakfast.He can't help but laugh at the sheer hilarious stupidity of this movie that makes it so wonderful, "honestly, top notch cast." He comments during a part where no one is talking, so that he's not interrupting the movie.

Jack nods. "Hell yeah it is! sacha baron cohen is one of my favorite people." He looks at Alex and gives him his best impression of his french accent saying: ricky bobby. "Best actor for the best character." He scoops up the rest of his food before reaching over Alex to put it down on the nightstand.

Alex laughs at Jack's impression, pulling his own of Ricky Bobby's promotional commercials, "if you don't chew big red, you're a pussy. Big red, the official sponsor for nascar." He finishes his food and sets his bowl on top of Jack's, hating that he's not immediately taking them to the kitchen to wash them, but again, he's not about to ruin a good day.

Jack laughs. "That was pretty good!" He sits back and finishes up the movie, getting up once the credits role. "Here, I got it." He takes the dishes and brings them over to the sink to wash. "You've done enough for me." He admits, feeling a bit guilty about how often Alex is forced to clean up his shit. He looks over at the calendar and realizes tomorrow's the day he meets Alex, it makes his stomach turn and his head a bit dizzy.

Alex smiles a little at Jack, "thanks." He says quietly, getting up to move back to his own bed. "It's not exactly that I mind doing all of the cleaning. I sort of have to. Like I have to. I mean I can sit around and wait, but eventually it sort of nags me and I just have to pick up. So really, don't worry too much about it."

Jack smiles to himself before turning back to Alex. "No, I wish I was like that." He says, not knowing the extreme of it. He goes back to his dresser and digs out something from his unfolded clothes. He grabs his shower caddy and goes into the bathroom, unsure of what he has planned today but getting ready regardless.

Alex simply nods, because he knows Jack absolutely would not want that.He digs out the cleaner from under the sink and starts scrubbing away at the counters. He bites his lip as he closes his eyes for a moment. He puts the cleaning supplies when it feels right, placing them all in perfect right angles. Nothing can be lazily put away. He leans against the wall as his heart pounds, worried, so he, without realizing he's even doing it, starts flipping the light switch on and off, whispering the amount of times he's done it, staring at the switch intently.

Jack notices the light start flickering and looks at Alex. "What the fuck are you doing?" He says, aggravated. He instantly starts regretting ever getting alone with Alex as he starts pissing him off with his habits. "You're gonna make me fucking sick stop doing that." He shakes his head, growing even more annoyed. "Also the whole dorm smells like bleach! It's nauseating!"

Alex looks at him as he keeps flipping the switch, until he counts to exactly 47. Then he feels content, then it's safe and the anxiety subsides. He tucks his hands in his pockets, looking down."I'm sorry...I just...have to...I don't know how to explain it...you don't have to yell at me you know. I thought we were finally starting to get along so why are you pushing me away again now?" He shakes his head."We've clearly seen that we can get along and have fun, so why are you ruining that now? I'm sorry if it's annoying. It's annoying to me too."

Jack rolls his eyes. "Yeah sure you're not as awful as I thought but I'm not actively trying to ruin anything. You're just really fucking difficult to live with. Just because you like the same music as me doesn't mean I'll tolerate you stinking up this room with cleaning products and nearly giving me a seizure with the light-switch!" He shakes his head. "I don't know. I think if we didn't live together I'd never talk to you. It sounds harsh but I don't want either of our hopes up."

Alex sighs, getting frustrated."Fine. I'll let it get sloppy. I'll drive myself insane by trying to avoid ticks. I'll do whatever you want me to do, since clearly what I do on my own isn't right no matter what I do."He grabs his wallet and keys, "if we didn't live together, you'd keep ignoring me, acting like you know anything about me, and being an ass to me for no given reason and I'd be an ass right back. I think you'd hate me for nothing and I'd hate you right back. Sorry for trying." He leaves the room, angry and upset. He checks his schedule, grateful to have a few hours to himself. He goes to his car and drives as fast, while still being safe, to his favorite place.

Jack rolls his eyes as Alex storms out the door. "Fucking asshole." He mutters under his breath and considers going asking to change rooms. He opens up his computer and looks at the school website to see where he could email and ask but get's distracted by the newsletter. He starts scrolling, looking at all the clubs and wondering if it's worth joining one to get out of the room more or maybe even meet someone he'd rather room with. He clicks on the art section and starts looking he stops on the music club and considers it for a minute before looking  into more and sees the opportunity to apply to host a radio show. 

WTMD is an adult album alternative-formatted public radio station owned by Your Public Radio, previously licensed to Towson University and located in Towson, Maryland. The station serves Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C "Oh fuck yeah." He smiles and sends in his application: listing his information and pitching an idea for a both talk and music show.

Alex leaves Jack in the dorm and goes to his car and drives as fast, while still being safe, to his favorite place.

He calls the people who are in charge of on campus living, begging them to let him switch dorms, getting shot down. He offers to pay them. Offers to move off campus himself if they'll just let him out of his agreement, and he's stuck. There's nothing he can do. He hangs up and looks at the plaques on the memory garden he's at. "What the hell do I do now?" He asks no one.

"Thanks." He says to whoever's listening, there's three people in their final resting places there and surely one of them has to be watching over him.

He looks up at the three plaques on the memory garden wall and sighs, "I love you. All three of you." He gets up and gets back in his car.

__

Earthtoalex: haven't heard from you since yesterday evening. Hope you're good.

JB1988: sorry, today's been hectic but trust me you've been on my mind<3 i'm really sick of my roommate.. looking forward to tomorrow though it'll all be worth it. He smiles at his screen, suddenly all of his problems go away when he talks to Lex.

Earthtolex: me too. I was fine till he snapped at me again. It's pathetic. I'm over it.

JB1988: that's ridiculous! Did you tell him off?? I hope you did! I hope you gave him a piece of your mind :p

Earthtolex: I told him I'm sorry for always being wrong. I'm done arguing. I hate him. He hates me. I don't think anything's gonna change that. I just have to deal with it til I don't have to live with him anymore. But...Tomorrow for us.

JB1988: yeah exactly tomorrow for us<3 it'll make everything okay and I hope we can hang out more frequently after this because waiting so long has been impossible. I need you with me.. none of this bullshit would be a problem if you were with me.

Earthtolex: Me too. I agree. I think once we see each other in person, it'll be okay. I'm hoping tomorrow morning goes well, I don't want to meet up with you in a bad mood. Although if I do, I'm sure you'll make it better.

Jack spends the rest of the night talking to Lex, falling more and more in love with him until he passes out on his bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617 37 12
Jack's new roommate is definitely on the stranger side, but Alex is just trying to get his college education (again) and make sure Jack takes proper...
117 10 1
"Look Jack, it's been five years. We haven't rented it out in a really long time, we might as well just sell it and split the profits. I think it wou...
9.2K 538 27
"You know, you're really hot." "What?" "Fuck, that was a terrible idea, why did I say that?" Alex Gaskarth, a painter with a fucked-up life, meets Ja...
187 18 18
Alex is made to go to a private school and live in a dorm but he doesn't want anyone to know his secret. What happens when he finds out that he has a...