The Lies To Your Truth

By LiniUniverse

In our lives, we choose between two things. The decision to fabricate a lie, or unravel a truth. Jennie and L... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Let's Play A Game
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Random Facts
Cuddles and Daydreams
New One-Shot Book

Chapter 11

649 23 1
By LiniUniverse

"Little Girl"
8 years ago

Jennie's Pov

No one knew, because no one cared. I'm in between that I can freely move or I'm alone hunting for justice. Who would have suspected that the rumored deceased daughter of two samaritans overcome her illness?  My parents were not political or business-related professionals. They lived to serve the people without asking anything in return. 

As a child who was incapable of saving her parents, the least I could do is give them peace. Which I could only secure when all of those who did them wrong will perish behind bars. Their freedom in exchange for my family's. 

"This is Jennie, my wife" a questioning look painted Seulgi Kang's face, but it will not level the puzzled reaction of the man adjacent to her. I shivered when Lisa's arm snaked on my waist, uncomfortable I stepped an inch away. I held out my hand and spread a decent smile along my lips. 

"Jennie Kim" They wouldn't know, millions of Kim across the world, Jennie Ruby Jane daughter of Evan and Rebecca Kim died at 14 years old. Buried in a local cemetery in Seoul near a river. "What a beautiful young lady we have here" a boyish grin flattened from the man. 

"I'm Serio Kang, the owner of the Kang Industries and Seulgi's father" I shook his hand, his grip smoothen at the contact. I turned to face the one who was behind the wine, the woman was no near her friend in terms of faking guise. Lisa was a pretender to all and a liar to many.  

While Seulgi Kang presents her judgments and impression with no shame. This woman was glaring at me, mistrustful. "Seulgi, my father did the introduction, I do think I don't have to do that anymore." the handshake was a mere half a minute. 

"What made the Manoban heir visit our distillery" Sergio pulled out more glasses and nudge his daughter. Seulgi understood and poured wine for us, I glanced at Lisa. Her face was blank, I wonder what was going on inside her head. 

"Planning to steal your recipes," she said in a way it meant two things. For the entertainment and something obvious, but not for her but the man. Sergio chuckled at her statement, Seulgi didn't bulge. 

"Ah, you still have it in you kid" The man passed the wine to us, Lisa's hand left my waist, and I was able to release a breath. "This was my latest creation. Tell me if it can pass to be the number 1" he said, I can hear the crisps from his tone. 

Seulgi diverted her eye, not fond of what his father had claimed. I mouthed thank you as I hold my glass. "Mine is far better, your work tasted like rust and expired candy at the same time" Lisa's remark sounded playful yet taunting. As if she purposely constructed it to humble the man.

I sipped and observed how he gulped and his knuckles white. His ostentatious brag bak fired. "How could I forget, it wasn't finished" he trace his gaze on his daughter.

"I'll look unto it" the man smiled and made his way out, throwing Lisa a side stare. When he's gone, Lisa chortle which made me turn to her.

"That asshole, he even said it was his recipe. But thank you for the criticism." My brows furrowed when Seulgi Kang spoke.

"It was delicious Seul. I was only provoking the old man." Lisa said, crossing her arms and leaning on a pillar. I kept my lips zipped, wondering my eyes around the well-lighted room.

"You never lie, who is she anyway?" She asked as if I'm not here. I face both of them who are now staring at me intently.

"I told you she's my wife," Seulgi darted her eyes on me.  

"Wife my ass, definitely not your type. She looks like she would slice my neck when she gets the chance." She assumed, and she was not wrong. When I proved that they're the ones who are behind my sufferings. I'll do the worst.

"Miyeon came back" Seulgi's skin turned pale, is the woman that terrifying? Why do we have to reach this point?

Bambam's Pov

"You've got to be out of this world. I told you she's changed. This is not Lisa, return our friend now!" I vociferate, our friends looked at me embarrassed. I slumped on the couch and drank the last drops of Goslings.

"You're overacting, didn't she just explain the reason?" Jackson cuts the sizzling steak. Jungkook on the other side was unfazed by our group's chaos.

"What was it again?" I mindlessly ask, to be honest, I couldn't understand Lisa when she spoke. My mind was running on a different field. Lisa didn't mind me and the rest continued to gossip.

I got back to my senses when Jackson randomly stood with wide eyes. "No shit" he exclaimed. Seulgi went beside him to peak on his phone, Jisoo followed. "You got to be kidding me," Jackson muttered.

"What's up?" It was Jungkook, not reading his cases anymore. Jackson waves to call him. "Who would do such a thing" they all turned unbelievably at Jeon.

"What with the fuss?" I wasn't tipsy I would clap for Lisa's questions. But all I could do is to close my eyes and listen to them.

"Governor Lee's daughter was found dead." Lee? Minho? The unresponsive governor who only thinks about his fortune, I bet he would act pitiful in the media about this.

"Read it" was Lisa's voice.

"The little girl who was confirmed as Governor Lee Minho's youngest child was found lifeless on the suburb part of *********" As Jackson went to the details, the more gruesome it becomes.

"How could you get such information? Isn't those things forbidden to be published?" I mumbled, draping my arm over my head.

"It wasn't from the internet, San send it to me." Oh, his adopted cousin. He works under the intelligence agency.

"This was the third case a little girl had died, this past three months." I pulled myself together when I heard Jungkook.

"There are more?" Jisoo asked, he nodded.

"They died the same way as her" Seulgi's jaw dropped.

"Not fun man" Jackson chuckled, but his confusion was obvious.

"I and Minghao are working on the cases. It was not supposed to be mine but he needed help. And the way the little girls were killed was the same. Their heart was missing." My mouth went try. I scooted to Lisa who seems find the matter uneventful.

"Maybe the legends were true, there are creatures-" they all frowned at Jackson, I would do the same.

"That's what you get for playing too much poker," Jisoo pointed.

"What's your take, Jeon." The attention flew to Lisa.

"The media shouldn't have access to it, especially we are dealing with politicians and businessmen." We went quiet. So the girls are children of well-known people? "We have a serial killer" he trailed.

"Why are you guys serious? You cared?" I easily questioned.

"Don't you get it? This might be related to the incident 3 years ago?" My heart thumped when Jackson reminded me.

"How- it was not like that it was-" I couldn't form my sentence.

"Of course it was not, but the victims, the little girl. Their parents, the people on board that day, were"

"I should get going" Lisa had enough

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435K 12.5K 35
Have you ever made bad choices that you could not help but regret then, later on, made you realize that indeed great outcomes lies beyond it? A Jenli...
702K 19.3K 31
after accepting her boyfriend's proposal to marry him, there are a lot of plans in jennie's mind : building a new home, meeting a new family, startin...
319K 6.8K 30
"Do it or you won't meet each other again!" "Let's just do it, I can't bare the thoughts of losing you." Lalisa Manoban and Jennie Kim, two best frie...
1.4M 37.6K 50
I have you, you have me. That's perfect already. Love is not easy thing to do. We laugh, we cry, we smile. What if after all the times we spent toge...