Touch In The Dark

De BabyGurl5119

Evelyn already lost her mother; how could it get any worse? At least that's what she thought. She's forced to... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 41

4.6K 111 2
De BabyGurl5119

Evelyn's POV

Chills run through my body. Who has his phone? Is he in danger?

"I'm Dr. Kellogg. I don't believe we've been introduced. I work for Mr. Ricci."

I sit on the edge of my bed. A doctor? This can't be good. "Is everything alright? Where's Dimitri?"

A pause of silence causes me to hold my breath. Please be okay, please God let him be okay.

"I'm going to send you the address. Come whenever you can so we can speak in person."

"Oka-okay yeah, yeah send it and I'll be on my way." I say quickly then realize I don't have a car, "Wait, I don't have a car." I admit.

"Mr. Ricci has plenty, I don't know where he would keep his keys, but I know he wouldn't care if you used one."

Wait, he has multiple cars? How the hell didn't I know that?

"Okay, I''ll find them just send the address." I say then hang up.

If I were a mysterious, cruel, flirtatious, sexy as hell mafia man, where would I keep my keys? Shut up Evelyn, now is not the time to think about his looks.

I go into his bedroom and search around. I look through his drawers, his bathroom, his pillowcases, everywhere. Nothing.

"Damn it! Think Evelyn." I say to myself as I get the text from the doctor from Dimitri's phone.

I finally find a set of keys on top of a a box inside the coat closet next to the front door. The house is a little tore up but, hopefully he won't mind. I'll clean it when I get back.

Walking into the garage, I see a line of cars. I click the unlock button on the key fob and headlights flash to a large black BMW. I can tell it's a newer model since it's automatic and not stick shift like other BMW's I've seen. Damn this man is loaded.

I open the garage door with the fob that's attached to the sun visor and pull out slowly, making sure nothing gets hit or scratched then close the garage door before making my way down the road.

It's been a minute since I've drove a car, I hope I still remember everything. I've gotten spoiled with being driven around everywhere. I hate driving, always have, but I need to know if Dimitri is okay. Since the doctor wouldn't tell me if he was over the phone, my natural response is to have the worst-case scenario in my head.

The worst-case scenario would obviously be him lying dead in a damn hospital bed.

After a while passes, I finally make it to the address. It's the mob's hideout, I was here when I got initiated.

I run out of the car and stop at the pool of dried blood in front of the main doors. What the fuck? He's dead, he has to be. That's way too much blood for anyone to lose and not die.

A tear slips from my eye as I examine the blood. This can't be happening. I just lost my mom; I can't lose another important person.

Wiping the tear off my cheek, I run through the doors hastily and look for any signs of life. The lights are on, but nobody is around.

"Doctor!" I yell out.

A door I haven't noticed before opens revealing an older, tall man in a long black coat.

"He's in here." He wafts me over.

My feet take control of my body and I walk past the doctor to see Dimitri.

A large tube invades his mouth, he's connected to many tubes and wires now that I get a closer look. His leg is lifted in the air by hooks that are connected to comfortable looking fabric. I examine his pale skin; he looks much lighter than before. He seems to look peaceful though, reminding me of how my mom looked when she passed.

The beeps of the machine next to us tells me that his heart is beating, so he can't be dead.

"What happened?" I ask as I run my fingers through his hair.

"I'm not totally sure. He was on the property when he was shot-"

"Shot?" I cut him off.

He nods and continues, "the bullet hit an artery, so he's lost a lot of blood. I've repaired the artery, but the bullet remains inside his leg, the position the bullet landed was just enough to where I could fix him without having to remove it, which is a dangerous surgery in itself."

"So, he will be okay. Right?" I ask with hopeful eyes.

His face softens. "We won't know for sure until he wakes up, if he wakes up." His head hangs slightly lower.

My heart aches as tears and screams get caught in my throat, causing me to have a large uncomfortable lump.

"You're welcome to stay for as long as you want, I'm going to be staying a few doors down until I know when he can leave."

I nod and watch as the doctor walks out of the room.

This had to of been someone he's close to. Someone within the mob. I don't know how to pinpoint who, but if it was right outside, it had to be one of us. This place is hidden and only we know about it.

"I'm right here Dimitri. I'm not going anywhere." I whisper before sitting in the seat next to him.

I watch the heart monitor trace his heartbeat. My hand finds his as I give it a small squeeze.

The next morning comes, and I find myself still sitting in the chair, leaning over with my head on his stomach. I guess I just needed to feel him breathing to be okay enough to fall asleep. I hope my heavy head didn't bother him too much.

"If you're hungry, we have a kitchen just around the corner. We have a bunch of leftovers I'm sure people need help finishing." The doctor smiles as he comes into the room.

My stomach growls at him mentioning food. "Thank you." I say sincerely before standing up.

I place a small kiss on Dimitri's cheek and work my way to the kitchen.

A few people linger around the seating area, saying hi to me as I walk by.

"Evelyn? Hey!"

I notice the same girl I got initiated with on the same day. She doesn't seem nearly as nervous as her smile shines brightly.

"Hey! May, right?"

She nods and walks next to me. "How's the Don?" She asks.

Her interest makes me weary. Well, she has to care, he's her Don. It makes sense.

"I don't really know. I know he's alive though." I say as I gauge her reaction.

Her eyes soften and she plants a small smile on her lips. "He's strong. He will get through this." Her hand rests on my shoulder.

There is no indication that she has any ill intent or feelings, it seems as if she really wants him to be okay.

She helps me decide what I want to eat, also taking a portion for herself. We sit at the small breakfast nook in the kitchen and chow down on a leftover Frittata that has bacon, savory sausage, tomatoes, and cheese and we have a slice of buttered toast to go with it.

I'm not a big fan of eggs, but this is delicious!

I gulp down a whole glass of water after we eat then we sit on the couch near the main entrance. She's actually awesome to talk to. She has a bubbly personality and she's helping me keep distracted from the fact that Dimitri is not okay right now.

"Are you two together?" May asks.

I shrug. I'm not sure what we are. I miss Mark a little but, even though Dimitri is right in the next room, I miss him more.

"We haven't made anything official." I admit.

She smiles with a small nod. "My fiancé says he's never really talked about women, of course he's had the occasional one-night stand, but he's never let anyone stay. Only you. I see the way he looked at you that day we got initiated. Even back then, he knew he wanted you."

I tilt my head at her words. "How do you know though? I haven't seen him look at me any different than how he looks at others." Have I?

She lets out a small giggle and pats my leg. "Girl! It's so obvious! He's into you, everyone can see it but you. My fiancé said that Dimitri is a hopeless romantic so I'm guessing he wanted to make you fall for him before he admitted his feelings for you."

I take a moment to think about this information. I thought it was just lust, I thought maybe I was just someone he wanted to have a quick fuck with then just remain friends and never speak of it again.

We sit and talk for about another hour before her fiancé collects her. She gives me a quick hug and waves goodbye as she walks out the main doors.

As I enter Dimitri's room, the slow beeps coming from the machine monitoring his heart pound inside my ears. The sound grants me joy because it lets me know that he's still alive.

"I'm back Dimitri." I whisper then kiss his cheek. 

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

571K 30.6K 49
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ☆|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
280K 832 9
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...
2.8M 183K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
445K 28.4K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...