Mother to the Love Interest

By Hainain

What was worse than being reincarnated as a villain of a story? Being reincarnated as the mother to the main... More

Chapter 1 - Becoming a Mother
Chapter 2 - Meeting the Tyrant Emperor
Chapter 3 - A Cold Burrito
Chapter 4 - The Tyrant Emperor is pissed
Chapter 5 - Emperess Vs. Concubine
Chapter 6 - A day full of stress with him
Chapter 7 - The Seductress
Chapter 8 - Coincidence? I don't think so.
Chapter 9 - Perhaps retirement? (Butler's POV)
Chapter 10 - Are you sick?
Chapter 11 - Dinner with the Emperor Part 1
Chapter 12 - Dinner with the Emperor Part 2
Chapter 13 - Sweet dream
Chapter 14 - The other two love interest
Chapter 15 - Tea Party
Chapter 16 - The Emperor's appearance
Chapter 17 - Desperate
Chapter 18 - Getting Ready

Chapter 19 - Comfort

9.2K 364 74
By Hainain

Time tends to pass quickly when you spend your days doing nothing. It was the same routine every day since Ophelia became introduced to this life. Every night before going to bed, Ophelia promises herself that she'll do something new tomorrow, yet come the next day Ophelia did nothing but lounge on her sofa while reading a very addictive romance novel.

The burrito spent his days looked after by the nannies and servants around him. People will assume that Ophelia isn't a great mother for leaving her own son to the servants. Although, what they didn't know is that Ophelia is very much a loving mother that always plays with him. Sometimes, she even went as far as changing his dirty diapers herself. Her relaxed yet boring routine ended in the early morning of the expected day to depart for the trip.

Sandhya along with a group of maids woke her up rather roughly, by that she meant they were screeching, "We're so late! Everyone, don't panic, we can and will still make it in time."

Ophelia looked out the window to the still-dark morning, it was definitely still early to wake up. Thank god for the fact that the night before Sandhya had suggested that the little burrito sleeps in the nursery instead of in her chambers. Ophelia could guess that she foresaw what would happen.

According to the timetable, their party will be departing in five hours. It was too early in her opinion to start preparing for the departure. Sadly, her people thought otherwise, they prepared the bath for her and soaps that she didn't normally use on a daily basis, scrubbing every inch of her body. When she asks why the change, her maids only giggled. After the bath, they lay her on a massage table and slowly massage her body using natural and organic oils, until her muscles feel like nothing but dumplings. Every moment was a glimpse of what heaven looked like.

~ . ~

The loud cheers and commotion of the people outside could be heard even from miles away in the palace. The closer Ophelia walks to the appointed gathering location, the louder the noise was from outside the palace. She could even hear loud drumming coming from outside. It was somewhat like a celebration instead of a sending-off party for the monarchs to travel throughout the entire empire.

The little burrito also seemed to be curious about the loud noises. He wouldn't stop grinning and looking around as if he was trying to figure out what was making all the commotion. He even struggles to get out of his nanny's arms so he could run towards it as if he could manage to do that without even knowing how to crawl first.

The maids did well on picking her dress for the day, it was a simple dress suitable for the long carriage ride while also being able to look elegant and suitable for a woman of her status. There'll be more events later on during the trip where she would need to wear something beautiful and extravagant. Standing to the side, tall and looking handsome in his uniform is the Emperor himself. Even before they left, he was busy talking to his people, only when he noticed Ophelia approaching did he stop. As she got closer everyone but the Emperor kneeled on the ground.

"Are you ready for the trip, Empress?", he asked.

She merely nodded to him afraid that if she speaks he will hear the tremble in her voice. After all, this will be her first trip outside of the palace after being married into the royal family. She took her place beside him, and the guards stationed at the door slowly opened the doors for them. As they stepped out the crowd waiting beyond the palace gates went wild at the first appearance of their Emperor and Empress.

Down at the courtyard are their carriages and the knights that will be accompanying them. On the left and right side were family members of the Emperor's council and the noble families that lived in the city. Somewhere in the crowd, Elena and Ammie could be spotted with their sons.

It took only a raise of his hand for the crowd to settle down, this is the power of the rumored tyrant Emperor (and the father of the love interest in a dating sim). When he speaks, he manages to hold the attention of everyone in the vicinity. He is both feared and respected by his people, even people in the neighboring kingdoms have heard of his astonishing achievements and they too feared him.

This is the first time Ophelia has seen the power of the man before her. She had seen the anger in his eyes during the confrontation with the concubine months ago. This was a whole other thing. The fact that she's married to him sends shivers down her spine. And Ophelia was sure this would not be the last reminder of his power.

When the crowd's noise falls into silence, an old and fragile-looking man walks to the stage, escorted by a younger priest. Although he looks as if he could faint at any moment, his voice was clear and loud. "In the name of the God and Goddess of Omes and Rotin, I bless this trip that our beloved monarch plans to undergo. O Mighty Beings, please protect everyone who embarks on this journey and ensure that they all return safely", he blessed. When he finishes his benediction, he turns towards where they were standing and bows in respect.

After a few words from the Head Priest, they're now ready to depart. Standing at the top of the stairs, Ophelia waved gracefully towards the crowds. In all honesty, she was very nervous about this trip, mostly about the relationship between herself and the Emperor. Before leaving the capital, the two of them needed to be seated in a shared carriage. She didn't even need to ponder about it to know the atmosphere inside would be awkward.

Boldly, she slipped her hand in the crook of his arm, as if it was an everyday habit that develops between them, two very ordinary people. The Emperor looked at her hand for a split second before looking up again. The two of them descend down the stairs together with their entourage following five steps behind, with the nanny and burrito a few steps closer.

The drums and cheers continued on and soon became even louder when they noticed their monarchs were slowly approaching. It was almost deafening, but although it was loud, she could still distinguish the cries of her own baby from the others in the crowd. He wasn't full-on crying, but rather trembling and crying out in distress. He struggled so much from the nanny, wanting to be held by either his mother or his father for comfort, and no amount of consoling from the nanny appeased him.

Ophelia was prepared to take him but the person next to her was a lot faster in striding towards burrito. It only took him outstretching his arms and burrito immediately reached out for him. The poor thing wrapped his tiny arms around his father and buried his head on his shoulder. Ophelia had never properly looked at the Emperor whenever he holds burrito so it came as a surprise to her when she noticed that burrito looked so tiny and fragile in his arms. It only took the Emperor's hand to completely cover his little back.

A tight and suffocating feeling swells in her chest when she sees the trembling back of her little burrito. It chokes her to see him so frightened, and never before has she wished that she could make the people stop the loud noises just so he wouldn't be as scared. Walking back to the Emperor's side, she coaxes the little thing softly all the while stroking his soft, silver hair.

"There's nothing to be scared of, Peter. See? It's only the drums."

Walking rather closely to the Emperor, she overhears the man softly mumbling comforting words to the baby. She could barely hear what he had said over the loud noises, but whatever he said helped settle burrito down enough for him to peek out from over his father's shoulder towards Ophelia. His glassy round eyes and trembling lips almost brought tears to her own. The little burrito reached out a hand towards her, which she immediately held.

Looking back at the Emperor, he never stopped petting burrito's back while looking at the people cheering from the sidelines. He was so gentle and soft with burrito that it felt like she was seeing a completely different person.

She could even say that she felt attracted to that side of him, she'd even call this version of him...  sexy.

Author's notes

Hey, guys!!! It's been fucking forever, I know. I'm sorry it's taking me a while to update. As you all know, since the pandemic started, life has become a complete fuck. A lot has been going on with me in the last two years, mostly involving my very unstable family, and I know a lot of you came here for some good times, and I completely love you guys who stuck with this story from the very beginning till now. I'm currently in the midst of writing the next chapter, and hopefully I can get it done. My aim for this year is to write and upload two more chapters before the year ends. Wish me luck and I really hope that you all are doing great and being healthy wherever you guys are.

Edited by Mei.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.7K 19
Aiko (meaning: little love) was always a cheerful kid and only child. After her parents were in a car accident after trying to pick her up at her day...
8M 460K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
481K 27.3K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
276K 12K 55
I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that said character is the brother of one of t...