Chapter 10 - Are you sick?

"Where have you been, woman? How dare you leave our child with only maids and knights to watch over him?"

"Your Imperial Majesty", Ophelia smiled beautifully towards him. "It's a blessing to see you today. I see that you are getting along with Peter. Perhaps next time you should spend more time with him."

Even though that was what she said to him but in reality, 'I left Peter in my bedroom where he belongs. Why are you suddenly getting worked up for? Are you looking down at the knights that you signed to me? You do realize that even the knights that guard my chamber doors are one of your elites, right?

Heck! Even my maids are secretly carrying daggers under their dresses. Nothing is ever perfect to you, you jerk. Even my poor baby's quick growth must come from your side of the family. He doesn't cry. He doesn't smile. Even worst, he doesn't even laugh. Oh god! Just imagining his baby pictures just filled my heart with grief.'

Little did Ophelia knew that her little burrito was the perfect mix of both of them. The cold and aloof attitude of his was just the combination of two different people who had the same behaviour but sadly neither of them seemed to notice it until their next bundle of joy who was the complete opposite of the three of them who are alike to icebergs.

Well, on the surface only, that is. However, Ophelia won't know about this matter in years and when she did she'll take back everything she said about her boy being angelic.

"You're not answering my question. Why did you leave the palace without my permission?" The Emperor's face turns darker as he stares down at her.

Ophelia somehow felt as if this man who stood before her could easily tell if she was lying or not. He was like a wolf looking at his prey before the great moment where he'll jump out and eat her where she stands.

Various torturing methods gathered in her mind increasing her survival instinct to run away and hide from him.

Cautiously she chooses her words. "I'm sorry. I thought you will be busy and wouldn't have time to see me so I just went ahead. But, I still notify you, didn't I?"

"Yeah, all the while when the guards notify me, you had already reached the gates. What if something happened? I have thousands of enemies that wish me dead, Ophelia, and they will do anything to grasp just even a little of it. Even killing my Empress and son."

Ophelia had this unknown feeling in her chest. She felt confused, odd, shocked and please. But most of it goes to her feeling shocking. The Emperor had never called her name ever since she had given birth to Peter. It was quite something when he had said her name. Especially, with that deep smooth voice of his.

God! Perhaps the memory of him moaning her name while making Peter still somewhere in her head. Just the thought of it buckles her knees. Ophelia found it strange how she could manage to forget everything that had happened during her pregnancy yet still capable of remembering everything else even with an addition of her previous life.

Even oddly enough, she doesn't even mind not remembering whatever happened then. There's even a part of her that avoids her from thinking anything that had happened one year ago.

However, that's not something she worries most about, it was the fact that she could manage to even forget the Emperor's name!

Ophelia inwardly facepalmed herself. She had forgotten to found out his name back in the library. Talking with the girls had distracted her from what was important.

"I'm so sorry. It was my fault. I won't do it again. It's just it had something to do with Peter. I can't waste time anymore with this troublemaker."

Ophelia proceeds to pinch Peter's chubby cheeks that resemble quite close to dumplings. The poor boy furrowed his eyebrows which he then reaches out towards Ophelia with his tiny hands that were covered warmly by adorable baby mittens indicated that he wanted to be carried by her. Ophelia happily complies to his wishes.

"Hmm."

Looking back up at the Emperor, Ophelia noticed how he furrowed his eyebrows whenever he felt displeased about something but surprisingly he hadn't said anything towards her seeing he had been only looking at her.

Ophelia won't want to look weird for staring at him for so long thus she directs her gaze towards the little burrito. She noticed this a while ago. Peter was wearing a hand mitten. She read something in a book about clothes that are discouraged tone worn by newborns and hand mittens were one of them apparently.

"You know, I read something about hand mittens in a book today. Even though, hand mittens are designed to cover the newborn's hands from accidentally scratching themselves on/to their sensitive skin. However, hand mittens could block a baby's sense of touch. A baby could also soothe themselves by using their hands whenever they feel frustrated or sad. Obstructing one of his senses might not be a good idea."

Realizing that she was rambling about matters that wasn't a concern to someone like the Emperor, Ophelia immediately regretted it but she really thought it was a good idea to share something with him since he was in the same boat as her. Might as well get comfy with one another since it'll be a while for both of them.

But, what he said next shocked her and everyone around, "Perhaps, you're right. A baby is meant to explore their surroundings. Restricting their growth might not be a good idea. Then, I'll listen to you, Ophelia. I'll send you more books about the growth of a baby to you tomorrow. There's not much of a good parent mentor that we both could look up to so I guess we should find our information from books instead."

The Emperor continues on talking to himself as Ophelia's brain, mind and soul drifting off to space. While he was so busy talking, Ophelia gazed towards his butler, Indio, who she knew was the Emperor's caretaker/butler/babysitter. She was looking at him with wide eyes and an agape mouth.

Ophelia: What the heck is going on? Did you forget to give him his medicine or something?

Indio: I don't know what you're thinking about, Empress, but knowing you it's not something like he had forgotten to eat his meds.

Heyo gurls!!!

Guess what?!

I'm in need of a proofreader.

The requirements are easy.

All I need is:
Someone who knows English very well and is very great at grammar.

Just send me two chapters of one of my chapters with the edit version (Bold the edit version!)

Extreme criticism is needed (make sure to put a comment and highlight it)

Please do all the editing inside Google Docs.

English is my second language so I really appreciatte it.

Just private message me if you're interested. (edited)

You have from 14th February to 21st February to send me a nessage of your participation.

Ps 

What do you gurls think of alternate/another universe (AUs) about this novel? 

Welp, fuck it! I'm gonna make one anyways.

Any recommendations of an AU? Just comment. I may or may not write it since I already have some up my sleeves.