OVERCAST ▕⃝⃤ Regulus Black

By lovettvalley

The sun watched Phoibe Evadine by day but at nightfall the moon learnt all of her secrets. And the one she wa... More

- - - - ࿐໋₊ CAST LIST
~PART ONE ~
Chapter Two - GUILTY
Chapter Three - NOT FUN
Chapter Four - THE FRONT PAGE
Chapter Five - KISS WITH A FIST
Chapter Six - THE INVITATION
Chapter Seven - TRUCE
Chapter Eight - THE WEDDING
Chapter Nine - THE RECEPTION
Chapter Ten - THE MONA LISA
Chapter Eleven - I DARE YOU
Chapter Twelve - RUN
Chapter Thirteen - REGGIE
Chapter Fourteen - DON'T LOOK
Chapter Fifteen - TOO CURIOUS
Chapter Sixteen - MAYBE
Chapter Seventeen - HYPOTHETICALLY
Chapter Eighteen - THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS
Chapter Nineteen - IT WAS NEVER HATE
Chapter Twenty - FRIENDS
Chapter Twenty One - DISTRACTED
Chapter Twenty Two - AMORTENTIA AND THE TRUTH

Chapter One - THE LESTRANGE MANOR

5.6K 99 165
By lovettvalley

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter One₊˚.༄
THE LESTRANGE MANOR

song guide ♬ linger ~ the cranberries

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Phoibe Evadine sat on her front porch, book in hand, the sun gleaming down on her as it hung high in the sky. The very few clouds that were present rolled past swiftly with ease. Phoibe had always had an interest in Muggle literature and therefore treasured the time where she could simply sit and absorb each word in the comfort of home with out much interruption. Perhaps her guilty pleasures were the most common tales among muggles like Romeo and Juliet or Jane Eyre. There was something about how raw and tortured teen love and balancing childhood with new maturity could be that drew her in. She felt like the words written on these pages had seen her and offered advice in the absence of her busy parents. Besides who wanted to get teenage and love advice from their parents anyway? And granted Phoibe probably should not take Shakespeare's suggestions either given both Romeo and Juliet suffered a tragic demise but, there were certainly some beautiful lines about what love was, what it should look like. She had been trying to figure that out lately. Especially when a certain blonde boy crossed her mind, her feelings were difficult to determine. She couldn't possibly imagine liking someone more yet... Was it love? Phoibe knew her heart raced at the sight of him and most of the time she was overtly nervous. But she was a teenager and so used to being told that her feelings were not valid because they had not been 'fully formed yet'. She always found that theory from adults to be ridiculous, if she could think she could feel it was as simple as that, maturity had nothing to do with it. If anything maturity was a word she had learnt for how to hide feelings and disguise them with grace.

Phoibe's reading came to a halt as a crash came from with in the manor. She poked her head through the front window figuring her siblings had knocked a few books from a shelf over but instead made out faint green smoke emitting from the fireplace as well as a familiar figure that was standing amongst it. Snapping her book closed she raced inside.

Peyton Greengrass stood in her living room with his messy blond hair and dorky smile subtly trying to dust the ash from the bottom of his cloak, though the effort was pointless as every time he wiped away the soot it was replaced with the traces of floo powder still left on his hands.

She beamed at him ready to hug the boy she had not seen in two weeks but was roughly pushed out of the way by her brother Maxwell as he raced into the room.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled at their youngest sister Lanesia who was trailing after him.

"But you said you would play exploding snap with me!" The four year old stomped her foot impatiently and Phoibe tucked her brown hair behind both ears nervously. Why did her siblings have to be so childish right now? Right in the presence of Peyton of all people! Luckily, Maxwell didn't seem to be bothered by the teenage boy in the living room and Phoibe was glad, she didn't want to be embarrassed further. Peyton smiled at Phoibe not irritated at the scene which made her gather her confidence.

"Max, go play with Lanie if you said you would."

"But she's so annoying!" He whined.

"Yes but it's your first year at Hogwarts in a few weeks so she's not going to see you for a while. She just wants to spend time with you."

The boy huffed shuffling along the floor and retrieving the cards from the near by shelf but before he departed the living room he registered Peyton's presence smirking before looking to Phoibe. "Have fun with your boyfriend!" He remarked slyly making kissing faces at her. Phoibe stepped forward to shove him away but like lightening (and feeling a strong sense of self preservation) he darted out the room.

Phoibe stayed turned away from Peyton for a few moments knowing that her cheeks were still hot. He was not her boyfriend but she was hoping that fact would be changing soon as he had hinted at liking her on multiple occasions throughout their last school year at Hogwarts together.

"Bea, you going to come give me a hug or keep standing facing the wall?" Peyton chuckled and she finally turned around making her way to him. He pulled her in and her head fell easily against his chest as his arms wrapped around her.

Was this love? The way she felt so safe and warm?

But maybe if she had to ask she wasn't truly in love yet.

"Sorry about my brother he's an idiot." She said after a few moments pulling away.

"Don't worry about it." He reassured running a hand through his hair and taking in the surroundings of Phoibe's living room. "Odette teases me all the time about you incase you have forgotten." He added staring at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room.

Ah yes Odette Greengrass, Phoibe's dorm mate and one of her closest friends.

"Where is she actually?" Phoibe wondered.

Peyton's eyes finally drifted back to hers. "Oh uh. I wanted to come alone to see you. Sorry I didn't owl I just figured you'd be here."

"Alone?" Was the only thing Phoibe had picked up on from the sentence just spoken.

"Yeah."

"Why so?" She asked trying to keep the excitement from her voice.

"I missed you." Peyton admitted unable to keep in a grin. "And I wanted to talk to you about something."

"I missed you too." Phoibe's cool nature melted away quickly as she grinned back at him. "Do want to maybe walk with me outside?" She was hoping he would agree desperate show him the meadow by her house, her favourite place to be besides hogwarts.

"I uh I don't really want to go back out there. My hayfever is terrible." He admitted apologetically and though Phoibe was disappointed she quickly recovered.

"Do you want to see my room? I can finally show you my book wall?"

"I would love that." Peyton agreed following her up the large staircase of the manor. It was only when she reached the door of her room did Phoibe freeze, hand connected with the silver doorknob.

A boy was about to enter her room.

Peyton was about to see countless embarrassing holiday family photos stuck up, cute stuffed animals she was way to old for and lots of Muggle artifacts she collected but did not know their use.

"You know what I should just show you the library instead." She rushed out grasping is hand and pulling him in the opposite direction down numerous hallways until they reached a set of dark oak double doors. Phoibe pushed one open and loosened her grip on Peyton's feeling awkward she had held it so long but he didn't let her and instead gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

She looked anywhere but him trying to ignore how her mind was roaring thoughts about there current contact.

"This would probably be your favourite section." Phoibe said guiding him into the corner weaving through the tall shelves.

"Why?" Peyton asked confused and Phoibe giggled.

"They are all the classics I told you about." She pulled out a dark green bound book. "This one is Frankenstein, it's the first one I lent you."

"Right!" He replied enthusiastically and she handed him the book. However, he slipped it back onto the shelf wanting to change the subject. Phoibe did not notice or care continuing to reminisce over the books.

"You know I've been reading a lot of the Brontë's again and it just reminds me of how fast we're moving."

"Really?" Peyton asked. She nodded delicately running her free hand across the spines and he wished she would look at him once more.

"I have lots of silly thoughts." She said shaking her head a little on edge "Sorry."

"I'm sure they aren't silly." The boy encouraged. "You sound worried or something though?"

Phoibe stopped finally turning to face him taking exhaling a breath. "We're entering fifth year, the first really big exams we're going to have. Not to mention all those projects and assignments throughout the year to go towards our grades too. So many people change in their fifth year I've heard."

"Bea what are you trying to say?" He asked stepping closer. Maybe a little to close to just be considered as friendly Phoibe thought as his blue eyes caught hers.

"I'm just worried you're going to out grow me or something." She admitted her voice small.

"Phoibe I could never out grow you. Except... Vertically." He added and she pushed his chest away.

"Merlin your jokes are terrible!"

"Yeah they are but they still make you smile." He stepped back into his previous close proximity with her.

"True." Phoibe agreed

"Besides I'm better at other things anyway."

"Like wha-" but Phoibe did not get to finish her sentence as head dipped down and his lips connected with her own, his hand on her cheek holding her in place

"Like that." He smirked.

Phoibe blinked. Had that just been her first kiss? It had been so quick. Wasn't she suppose to feel those fireworks like the books she read talked about. Wasn't everything suppose to sink into slow motion like in the Muggle movies her friends had shown her? She concluded the kiss had been too brief to tell but she had felt a small volt of electricity between them.

"I really like you Bea." Peyton confessed.

Feeling brave she tugged him back down to kiss him again.

She had waited for this for so long.

⭒⭒⭒

Five days. It had been five days since Phoibe Evadine had received a letter from Peyton Greengrass. His last correspondence had hinted at the possibility of a date and Phoibe sent an eager reply only to be met with silence. Every owl that soared straight over her family manor across to the Lestrange's a few fields over seemed to mock her. Her chest would fill with hope that she would finally a have a reply only to be deflated at the sight of their tail feathers being lost in the wind continuing their own journeys that had not been to her.

Finally, becoming a little stir crazy watching the sky impatiently she decided it would be more productive to visit her fellow best friend Pandora Lestrange where so many owls had been venturing. Phoibe kicked off her porch walking through the field's tall grass until she reached the clearing of the meadow she spent most of her summers in. Normally, she would take time to admire the beauty of the budding flowers or the way the sunlight trickled through the trees. However, in her frustrations she continued to march onwards pushing through the large black spiked gates of the Lestrange manor and reaching the the large entrance door.

Phoibe had always found the manor her best friend resided into be intimidating being three times the size of her own which certainly was a statement. Therefore she insisted on knocking every time she visited despite Pandora's invitation to enter of her own accord. Though Phoibe was not sure if knocking would do much good this time when she could hear some kind of commotion coming from within that would surely drown out her attempts.

Suddenly, with out warning, the large double doors swung open and Phoibe was ruthlessly knocked on to the ground as a girl in her early twenties stormed past cursing out. She was attacking a few plant pots with the reducto charm causing them to burst and scatter soil everywhere.

An older woman hiked up her long dress so she would not trip racing after her yelling at the curly haired girl to stop her nonsense. It was only when the girl turned around did Phoibe recognise she was Bellatrix Black from the unsettling look in her eyes. A look Phoibe had luckily not had the pleasure of seeing for the past four years since Bellatrix had graduated hogwarts.

Phoibe was confused by her presence but stood dusting herself off, her hands now grazed and stinging slightly from landing on the cobble stone path. She poked her head into the manor catching sight of a house elf she was not familiar with.

"Excuse me?" She approached the elf. "Do you know where Pandora Lestrange is?" She was hoping the elf could tell her as she did not want to search the large manor on her own.

"Kreacher was told by his master not to say."

"Oh..." Phoibe furrowed her eyebrows. "Who is your master?"

But Kreacher did not answer interrupted by the clicking of heels against the marble floor. Estelle Lestrange entered the foyer her long raven hair parted evenly with subtle streaks of blue tucked behind her ears.

It was no secret that Phoibe Evadine did not get along with Estelle Lestrange despite her being the sister of her best friend Pandora. It was not that she hated her, or even disliked her but the pair had never seemed to have broken down a barrier that would have allowed them to be more comfortable and maybe even friends. Every interaction was formal and distant. The fact was Estelle Lestrange kept to herself and though Pandora always argued that Phoibe just needed to wait until her sister opened up. She doubted that would be the case when it had not occured in the past four long years of attending Hogwarts together, nor their entire childhoods.

"Phoibe? I didn't think Pandora was expecting you." Estelle spoke.

"She's not. I have a problem I need to talk to her about." Phoibe explained.

"What?"

"Huh?"

"What's your problem?" Estelle questioned and Phoibe became suspicious.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Aren't I allowed to ask my little sister's best friend about her problems?"

Phoibe snorted. "Not when you've never done that in the entire fifteen years I've known you."

"Well maybe I'm thinking of employing some new habits for the new school year." Estelle replied completely composed.

Phoibe wasn't entirely sold on the idea but maybe this was the moment Pandora had been telling her to wait for. Maybe Estelle Lestrange was finally opening up to her? For a moment she believed it until she saw Estelle's eyes quickly dart up to the floor above them and if Phoibe wasn't such an observant Ravenclaw she probably would have missed the action.

"Where is Dory?" Phoibe repeated.

"I don't know." The dark haired girl responded simply.

Phoibe's eyes now gazed up at the ceiling where Estelle's had been before. If Phoibe remembered correctly the library was on the floor directly above them. Without warning she darted up through the foyer and went straight up the grand two sided staircase. Estelle cursing under her breath chased after the brunette. "Where are you going! Phoibe! Stop!"

"Why? You and that elf are being so secretive!"

"This is why I hate Ravenclaws you're too curious for your own good!" Estelle yelled giving up as Phoibe had practically reached the library.

Phoibe barged through the doors to be underwhelmed. There Pandora was sitting comfortably in an arm chair tea in hand reading a book.

"Bea!" She greeted excitedly jumping up to give the girl a hug.

Phoibe pulled back after the bone crushing affection to see the familiar face she had known since her childhood. She was pale with untamed dirty blonde hair that frizzed at the ends and wore a smile that shone brighter than the Lumos Charm. Pandora had always been a little unconventional but Phoibe loved that about her, she offered new perspectives that did not always side with logic but demonstrated creativity like any Ravenclaw.

"I'm so confused right now." Phoibe mumbled to herself.

"Why what happened?" Pandora asked.

"Your sister just chased me up the stairs and that house elf was saying something about not being able to tell me because of his master."

"Oh I wouldnt worry about that elf." Pandora frowned "Bellatrix Black has been practicing curses on him for fun all weekend. He's probably just very confused."

"Why is she even here?" Phoibe questioned.

"My cousin Rolph is getting married to her." Pandora cringed and Phoibe gasped.

"She's not!"

"She is. They are to be married by the end of summer."

"Merlin." Phoibe whispered. "Is that her mother?" She asked looking out the window down to the garden below where Bellatrix was still causing chaos and the older women was screaming at the top of her lungs. Eventually, tiring of the scene she pulled out her wand stunning Bellatrix who fell to the cold ground. Pandora and Phoibe shuddered in sync.

Pandora gulped "No that's her Aunt Walberga Black."

"Sirius' and Regulus' mother?"

Pandora nodded changing the subject. "Why did you come visit?"

"I have a problem." Phoibe admitted

"What's the problem?"

"Peyton Greengrass." She sighed.

"Maybe we should talk about this in my room?" Pandora suggested already leading the way

"But that's all the way in the East wing." Phoibe whined stopping. "Let's just talk here you already have a tray of biscuits." She added picking up one to take a bite out of.

"Bea I still think we should-"

But Phoibe cut the young witch of laying down on the wooden planks of the floor staring to the ceiling which had been painted to depict the wizards' triumph in the the first goblin revolution. "He kissed me and hasn't written to me in days!" She ranted and deciding it was useless to argue their change of location Pandora sat offering council to her friend.

Maybe if Phoibe had not have been so wrapped up in telling her own tales she would have noticed the second tea cup sitting on the windowsill and the boy who had hidden behind a near by bookcase.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 423 30
Y/n has been best friends with the mauraders since first year, and she couldn't have asked for a better group of friends. But one day, third year, w...
25.4K 1.3K 17
❝You don't find me handsome?❞ Regulus' breath tickles the nape of Laura's neck, sending a wave of happiness down her spine. She leans backward to fa...
239K 5.9K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...
11K 193 16
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...