Oblivion [COMPLETE//MATURE]

By rk-28stabwounds

DBH: Connor x female reader Will put trigger warnings before any potential triggers! <3 *Lot of bad langua... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Epilogue
A/N!

Chapter 121

55 2 0
By rk-28stabwounds

*6 months later*

There were only a couple of weeks to go until you and Connor got married. You'd had your bachelorette party, and Connor had had his bachelor party.

Things had been going well for the last few months. You'd all been doing well at work, Wanda was enjoying being with her new family, and Connor loved her to pieces. You'd been seeing North for therapy for a few months, and it had really been helping you cope with anything that came up. Nines had been back working for the DPD, and he and Gavin's relationship was going strong. Eva was really liking having Gavin around.

You were at the DPD, trying to go through case files, but were having trouble focusing. You sighed and put your head in your hands. Connor frowned and came over to you.

"What's up sweetheart?" He asked.

"I don't feel good" you whined. "Really? In what way?"

"I don't even know. I kinda feel like I haven't slept for a week" you mumbled. Connor rubbed your back. "You want me to take you home honey? It's almost the weekend and there's nothing going on" Connor said. You sighed. "I don't, but I can't even make sense of these fucking words right now".

"You wanted to go dress shopping tonight baby. If you sleep for a while you might feel better in time".

"Mm, I guess that's true. Will you call me back if you need me?" You asked Connor. "No, I'm coming with you. I need to keep an eye on you".

"Aw, Con I'm fine, I just need to sleep. You can stay here" you smiled. "No baby. Come on" he said, gently pulling you up from your seat. You sighed and gave in to him.

"Leave the dogs here if you want kid, I got 'em" Hank said. "Thanks Pops".

"No problem, go get yourself better. I'll check in on you later". You smiled and grabbed your stuff, then headed out to the car. Connor drove you home and parked the car up. He opened the front door for you and let you in the house, then took you upstairs. He helped you get changed into your pyjamas and then got changed himself. You both got into your bed and you laid down on his chest.

"There's nothing coming up when I scan you baby. How do you actually feel?" Connor asked you. "Well I guess that's good. I just feel tired, but like so tired I can barely see straight" you mumbled. Connor thought for a moment.

"Maybe it's because you had your IUS removed? Could be the hormones making you feel bad" Connor suggested. "You might be right actually. It might be my first PMS since having it removed. You think?"

"It probably is that angel, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I'll keep scanning you okay?"

"Okay. Thanks baby". Connor pulled you closer and made sure you were comfy, tucking you in to the covers. He turned the TV on and put the volume down a little.

"You want me to put a movie on?" Connor whispered, gently playing with your hair. "Mmhm" you mumbled. You were on the verge of passing out.

*A couple of hours later*

"Honey?" Connor said. "Mmmm..." you mumbled sleepily.

"You wanna go dress shopping today? Or do you need to sleep still?"

"...Sleep" you murmured. "Okay baby". Connor kissed your forehead and you went straight back to sleep.

*The next morning*

You slowly woke up, wondering where the hell you were. That's the last time I nap for that long.

"Morning baby" Connor whispered. "Morning honey. What time is it?" You mumbled, slowly opening your eyes.

"Just after 5AM". You immediately sat up and Connor chuckled. "Like...the next day?"

"Yeah, you needed the sleep" Connor said. You raised your eyebrows. "Jesus, I've never slept for that long in my life. Am I fucking dying?"

"No honey, I've been scanning you. You just needed to sleep. How do you feel?" He asked, pulling you back onto his chest. You snuggled up to him. "Thanks Con. I feel a lot better. Wait where are the dogs?"

"That's good. They're at Hank's, don't worry. We can go get them this morning!"

"Phew, okay".

"Also the girls said you could all go dress shopping today if you want, their work thing got cancelled" Connor added. "Oo cool! Yeah I'm totally up for that now".

Connor's phone chimed and he chuckled.

"Hank's awake already". You snorted. "Do all middle-aged men wake up at like 5am every day?"

Connor laughed. "Seems like it. Do you feel like a walk with the dogs? We can go see the sunrise!"

"Yeah! Let's go".

"Okay! I'll tell Hank we'll be over".

You both got out of bed and decided to have a quick shower, then got into some comfy clothes. Once you were finished getting ready, you both headed downstairs and got your shoes and jackets on. You headed out the door and both got into the car. Connor drove over to Hank's house and parked outside. You rang the doorbell and heard Wanda bark.

'Wanda! Get back silly' you heard Hank say from inside. You and Connor grinned and he opened the door.

"Wanda says good morning" he chuckled, walking back into the house. You both chuckled and Wanda started jumping over you and Connor.

"Heyyy sweet girl" Connor beamed. He loved Wanda more than you and Hank could have anticipated and it was your favourite thing ever. You both crouched down to pet her and she licked you both.

"Come on, let's go inside" Connor said. You headed in and closed the door.

"Boys!" You called out. Hulk and Bruce came bounding into the room and over to you. You and Connor giggled. "Hey babies" you smiled. You knelt down and petted them both. Sumo came wandering over and straight-up sat on you. You cackled and gave him a cuddle. "Hey boy!"

"Sumo, what the fuck are you doing?!" Hank laughed. You and Connor giggled. "What's wrong huh? Ya dad not good enough for ya?" Hank joked. Hulk hurried over to Hank and headbutted his legs. You all looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"(y/n), I'm telling you, this dog is a fucking human" Hank chuckled. "Maybe he's an FBI dog. He's watching you" you teased. Hank scrunched his face up and covered Hulk's eyes. Hulk made a confused noise and pawed at Hank's hand. You all laughed.

"Anyway, thanks for keeping them last night. I think I died and came back to life" you said. "That's okay kid, I always got 'em if you need me to. You alright now?"

"Yep, I'm all good. We're gonna take this lot for a walk and watch the sun come up. You coming?"

"Yeah, definitely. Let me go get a jacket".

You all went out to the car. Hank got in the front with Connor and kept Wanda by his feet. You got in the back with Hulk, Bruce and Sumo. Connor drove over to your favourite walking spot and parked up. There were no cars around yet, and the sun was only just starting to come up. You all hopped out of the car and put the leads on the dogs. Connor took Wanda, Hank took Sumo and you took Hulk and Brucie. You all started walking towards a spot where you could watch the sun come up.

"So how are you two feeling about the wedding? Everything sorted?" Hank asked you both. You and Connor smiled at each other.

"Excited! It's all done, except I still need to go get my dress today. Other than that we're set" you replied. "I can't wait, I feel like every day is dragging forever now" Connor added. You and Hank chuckled. "Did you finally sort out that seating plan?" Hank asked.

"Yep, we sorted it eventually. We're good to go!" You grinned. "Awesome. Any idea what kind of dress you want kid?"

"Mm, yeah, I got a vague idea! I'm not set on a really specific thing. I'll see what the girls think too".

"Enlighten me" Connor said. You smirked. "Hah, no".

"Worth a try" he chuckled. You smiled and winked at him.

"Hey, let's sit on this bench. The sun's gonna come up over there" you suggested. You all sat on the bench and let the dogs sit by your feet. You all chatted about wedding stuff and made bets on who was gonna get the drunkest. After around 20 minutes, the sun started rising in front of you all. It shone over all the puddles and leaves, then beamed right into your faces.

"Jesus, shoulda brought my fuckin' sunglasses" Hank said, squinting. "You mean your security guard glasses?" You joked. Connor laughed and Hank elbowed you. "At least he doesn't have that little string that goes around his neck for them yet" Connor added. You wheezed. "My dad has one of those. I keep telling him he looks like a tit but he doesn't care".

"What I don't get is when they wear like, distance glasses, and then look OVER the top of them to read something" Connor said. You laughed and nodded. "Hank would so do that if he needed them" you chuckled. Hank grinned and shook his head. "Luckily for you, I had my eyes lasered when I was young".

"Damn, that was a long time ago, you sure you don't need a top-up?" Connor smirked. You laughed and held onto Connor. He giggled and Hank reached around the back of you to flick Connor's ear.

"What is this?! Bully Hank hour?!" Hank said. "No, it's golden hour" Connor replied. You laughed even harder and slapped Connor's leg. Hank cackled and Connor started wheezing.

"What does the slapping do?! I don't get it!" Connor laughed. "I don't know" you said through your laughter. Connor grabbed your thigh and rubbed it slightly, all of you still laughing. You calmed down eventually and held his hand. You watched the sunrise disappear behind a tree, then decided to head down to the open space so the dogs could run around for a while.

"Right, go play boys!" You said, letting Hulk and Bruce off their leads. Hank and Connor did the same and all four of the dogs ran off to play together. You all sat down on a bench and chuckled as you watched them chase each other.

"Kids I gotta talk to you both about something" Hank said. You both shot your heads towards him. "What?!" You said. Hank chuckled. "Sorry, I know you get worried when I say that. It's nothing bad!" You and Connor sighed in relief.

"Respectfully, please stop making me shit myself" you said. Hank and Connor snorted. "Sorry kid".

"What is it anyways?" You asked.

"So um, it's not gonna be for another year or so, but once Jeff's daughter finishes university, he's going travelling with his family" Hank began. "Oh nice!" You said.

"That's cool! But does that mean he's leaving the department?" Connor added. Hank nodded. "Yeah, he's gonna be leaving. He said I can let you two know, but he wants to keep it under wraps for now" Hank explained. "Okay, that makes sense. But what happens after he leaves?" You asked.

"Well, he asked me to take over as Captain once he does-"

"WHAT?!" You and Connor exclaimed. Hank rolled his eyes and smiled. You both threw your arms around him and he chuckled.

"Hank that's fucking awesome!" You screeched. "It's amazing, Hank!!" Connor beamed. "Congratulations!" You both said. Hank smiled. "Thanks kids. I think I'm getting too old to be out on the field all the time. I can't keep up with you two" he chuckled. You and Connor furrowed your eyebrows.

"I'm not gonna lie, the idea of you not being out on cases with us is really kinda shit" you said quietly. "What (y/n) said" Connor added. You were both so happy for him, but you knew you'd miss being with him on cases. Hank sighed and put an arm around both of you.

"I know, believe me, I'm gonna miss it. But it's the right time. You two are such amazing fucking detectives, you don't need me to help you on the field anymore" he said. You both nodded, tearing up a little. "But you're still gonna help us with cases, right? We do need you, you idiot" you said, nudging him a little. Hank smiled.

"Yes silly, I'm still gonna be with you both every day. I'm just not gonna be going out to calls anymore" he said. You both grinned. "Good".

"Cheer up kids, I'm not dying! And at least now you won't have to jump in front of any fucking bullets" Hank joked. You and Connor sucked your lips together and you all broke out into a giggle.

"There is that, at least you'll be fucking safe" you sighed. Connor grabbed your hand from behind the bench and you both squeezed them.

"Hey, maybe you'll prefer it. Don't you get tired of me being with you both all the time?" Hank chuckled. You and Connor looked at each other.

"We actually don't" Connor shrugged. Hank raised his eyebrows.

"We like having you with us" you added. Hank smiled. "Well, I've really fuckin' enjoyed my time working with you two too. Let's just make the most of it, okay?" He said. You both nodded and leaned on his shoulders.

"Besides, don't you two wanna be Lieutenants when I replace Jeff?" Hank added. You and Connor sat up. "I mean yeah" you said. "But that's not up to us, it's up to Jeff" Connor chuckled. "Exactly" you shrugged. Hank laughed.

"What is this, you two don't wanna get your hopes up or something?" Hank jeered. You both looked at him blankly. "Stop reading us like books" you said. "I second that" Connor added. Hank laughed again.

"You two do realise that once I become Captain, it's my choice, right? I'm telling you- you two are gonna be Lieutenants" Hank explained. You and Connor scanned him then jumped off the bench.

"You're serious?!" You screeched. "We're gonna be the first android Lieutenants?!" Connor exclaimed. Hank cackled. "Yes dipshits, that's what I'm saying! And you can quit scanning me! Get excited you idiots!" Hank chuckled, rolling his eyes. You and Connor screamed with excitement and jumped up and down, then hugged each other tightly. You then both took one of Hank's hands and pulled him up off the bench.

"Jesus!" He laughed. You both threw your arms around him and thanked him repeatedly.

"Well who the fuck else would it be, huh?! You two are the best detectives in the damn place! I would say I was being biased, but that's just common fucking knowledge!" Hank said. You both hugged him again and then jumped around like excited little kids. Hank shook his head and laughed.

"Stop underestimating yourselves you idiots" he added. You and Connor quickly looked at each other, then back at Hank. "Yes Captain Anderson" you both said cheekily, giving him a salute. Hank tried not to smile but failed miserably.

"...Has a nice ring to it" he mumbled. You both congratulated him again and called the dogs over to share the excitement. You and Connor knew you were going to miss Hank coming out on cases with you, but you couldn't believe you were gonna be Lieutenants.

*Later that day*

Connor had headed back home with Hank and all of the dogs so you could go wedding dress shopping with the girls. You were absolutely bursting with excitement, especially with the good mood you'd been put in earlier that day. You'd just arrived in town with Rena, Liv and Millie and were practically running to the first wedding dress shop.

You walked into the shop and met with the lady called Penny who had arranged to assist you. You explained to her that you weren't set on a particular style, but told her about anything you weren't too keen on. She then took your measurements and helped you and the girls pick out a few for you to try on. Penny set them all on a separate rail and gave you the first one to try on. You headed into the ginormous changing room and closed the door. You felt so excited and overwhelmed finally trying them on, it was an amazing feeling. Penny did up the little buttons on the back for you and you came out of the changing room. The girls gasped and you snorted. You looked in the mirror and squinted.

"What do you think?" Penny asked you.

"It's so pretty!!" Rena squealed. "It is. Realistically you're gonna look amazing in every single bloody one" Liv chuckled. Millie agreed.

"I agree. You have one of those faces" Penny said. You smiled and rolled your eyes.

"Guys, I need you to be VIOLENTLY honest with me while we're in here, you too Penny" you said. Everyone chuckled. "Alright, you got it!" Liv said.

"Well firstly, do YOU like it?" Penny asked you. You pouted and moved around a little as you looked in the mirror. You were wearing an embroidered mermaid dress with a long train and a sweetheart neckline.

"Hmm, no. The neckline doesn't suit me and I actually don't think I want a train" you said.

"Rena will trip over it" Liv said. You all laughed. "(y/n), try a V neck! You really suit those" Millie suggested. You raised your eyebrows. "Oo that's true, you do" Liv agreed.

"I got a couple! I'll go try one" you grinned. Penny undid the buttons for you and you went into the changing room. You took the dress off and put on a simple a-line dress with a deep V neck. You went back out and all the girls did an "oooo". You giggled.

"You sound like everyone in the pub when someone drops a glass, but happier" you said. Everyone laughed.

"Thoughts?" Penny asked you. "I love this neckline, it's gorgeous. I also love the shape but I think I want something a bit snazzier".

"The neckline and the shape look really fucking good on you! But you never wear plain stuff, it feels a little off" Liv said. You grinned. "I agree, cheers Liv. Right let me try another".

You then changed into a sleeveless mermaid dress with a halter neck.

"Okay, I don't think the mermaid style suits me. Or any of this one. The neck feels like a scarf and these sleeveless thingies are irritating me" you said, awkwardly shifting around.

"Hun, last time you wore a sleeveless top you were grouchy all day" Millie pointed out. "You're right. I'm writing this one off" you chuckled.

Next, you tried on a plain slip dress with a leg slit and a cowl neck. You didn't mind it while you were trying it on, but when you looked in the mirror you scowled.

"This is really pretty but it looks too much like a nightdress. It's kinda slippery". Penny laughed.

"Believe it or not, you're not the only person that's said that. Let's try another".

You moved onto a long-sleeved ball gown type dress with embroidery all over it. You came out of the changing room and the girls got really excited.

"You guys like this one?" You chuckled. "The long sleeves look so good on you" Liv said. "They do! And the embroidery gives it that snazziness" Millie added. You smiled as you looked in the mirror.

"You know what, I really like the long sleeves and the embroidery too. I still think a V neck looks best on me" you thought aloud. Penny thought for a moment and went over to the big rail of dresses.

"Here, try this one".

You tried on the dress Penny gave you and took a deep breath. Something felt good about this one. You headed back out to the girls and their jaws dropped.

"What?" You chuckled. Even Penny looked excited. "Look in the fucking mirror!" Liv screeched. You looked into the mirror ahead of you and felt this beautiful feeling wash over you.

"...Holy shit". You were wearing a beautiful A-line dress with a deep V neck. It had long transparent sleeves with embroidery on them. It was backless and had a leg slit up the side.

"(y/n), it looks amazing on you" Millie beamed. "I might actually cry!!" Rena squealed. "Respectfully, you look gorgeous as fuck" Liv insisted. You smiled brightly and twirled around a little. You felt like a little girl twirling around in her favourite dress.

"Penny, you're a professional. What do you think?" Liv asked Penny. "Honestly, I think she looks breathtaking. I've seen a lot of people try this on, but it already looks like yours" Penny said. "Aw, really?" You beamed.

"It's all up to you. How do you feel in it?" Liv asked you. You looked in the mirror again and imagined yourself walking down the aisle in it. You almost teared up, remembering how this felt impossible to you once upon a time. Penny grabbed something from around the corner and came over to you. She placed a little tiara over your head and your breath hitched. The girls all covered their mouths and you felt so overwhelmed with joy.

"Guys, we don't need to go anywhere else...I want this one".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 13K 16
(Y/N) is a detective for the Detroit Police Department. She had been partnered with Lt Hank Anderson for a few years now and she considers him as a f...
249K 8.4K 39
"You really are more than a machine." "And I have you to thank for it." Her, a human, full of emotion. Him, a machine, designed to accomplish a task...
131K 5K 37
"You love him, that's why you care so much for him," You thought. "You love him. You love him." -- Detroit is a bustling city-center, with those look...
60K 2K 19
The the year 2038 everything seemed to finally be looking up for the recently torn city of Detroit, not for young (name) who couldn't speak since an...