Discovery (Tensei Shitara x I...

Por MankingJr

I had this festering inside my head for a good while so here. This takes place about 500 years after EOS Tens... Más

Prologue: The Storm
Chapter 1: Unfamiliar Territory
Chapter 2: The Unknown Pair
Just Asking Something
Chapter 4: The Worried Svit-Kona
Eragon's Skills Info
Saphira's Skills Info
Temporary Hiatus
Chapter 5: The Dragon Wakes

Chapter 3: The Village

407 21 7
Por MankingJr

Bito POV

As we walked back to the village with the stra-Eragon, I mean, I was curious about him. I mean, how did I not know what he was saying but understood what he meant. Fricai onr eka eddyr, eka weohnata néiat haina ono. When he said that, I felt at ease, like my mind and body knew he wasn't going to hurt us. AND THAT DRAGON, WHY IS THERE A MOTHER-oh that isn't kid friendly, uh WHY WAS THERE A DRAGON THERE?!?! And with him, especially. Aren't they unintelligent and just cause destruction wherever they go, yet that Eragon guy was worried and even scared that it was injured.

"Weohnata vae waíse thar soon?," Eragon asked patiently in front of me. Will we be there soon? Again, I somehow knew what that meant in my head. I can tell Mura-nii is also confused since he scrunched his eyebrows for a second before going back to his usual stoic 'visage', as he calls it.

"Uh, we'll be there soon." My baffled brother replied. "How the hell does he know what I'm saying?" he muttered to himself afterwards, putting his right hand on his chin and scrunching his eyebrows. I ran up to him while he was thinking to himself and put a hand on his shoulder. Apparently he was so deep in thought that when I touched him, he jumped like 50 feet into the air and took one of the most funniest fighting stances I've ever seen. His eyes were wide like a fish and his hands were blocking his face. His knees were so bent, he was bending backwards and almost fell on his back.

"AH, LUMINOUS-SAMA. WHAT THE HELL, BITO," he yelled out in pure fright. "Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack?!"

"Sorry, Mura-nii," I apologized while trying to not die from laughter, "It's not my fault that you're this easy to scare. Gaping fish." And it was at this moment I keeled over and cackled like a maniac.

My older brother just facepalmed and shook his head. "Why you gotta be such an immature kid, honestly," was all he said in a tired, quiet voice. When I finally stopped laughing after a couple minutes, I saw that Eragon also seemed amused by our antics. He had cracked a small smile with a sort of lonely look in his eyes.

"Eru vae going eom continue or...?" He asked us. Are we going to continue or...? How he does that, is what I want to know.

"Uh, we're going to be there soon," I told him. "Don't worry."

"Okay," was all he said. Our language is really similar, I thought. Maybe, wherever he comes from, shares its roots here.

The next 10 minutes, we walked in silence before we finally saw our village.

"Hey Eragon, we're here," I then put my hands out from my body. "Welcome to Rexium!"

Eragon POV

As we silently walked towards the village, I was deep in thought. Where are we? Not anywhere near Alagaësia, which I had previously crossed off. What was that voice and those skills it mentioned? Not sure so I would have to ask about that when I arrive at the village. As I was thinking, Bito suddenly stopped and put his hands out from his body, then faced me and said, "Hey Eragon, we're here. Welcome to Rexium!" His village-Rexium, as he put it-was much like Carvahall in terms of size. The houses were slightly elevated off the ground, mostly being made out of wood. The roofs were steep, some being covered in wood whilst others were tiled. (A.N. Imagine a mixture of Norse and Japanese architecture). The biggest buildings were large enough to house small boats.

As we walked into the village, villagers started to stream out of their houses to watch us. I saw children, men, women, and the elderly with their walking sticks observing us with curiosity in their eyes, and for some reason, their souls. How do I know what they are exactly feeling with this much confidence? Perhaps the village elder would know, anyone I hope.

As we walked towards the center of the village, I saw a building that was a bit larger than the others. It had two stories, made purely of tree logs with overhanging, tiled roofs that had a steep slant. (A.N. Got the inspiration from the Borgund Stave Church, just google a picture of it, cut off the top 3 layers and you got the village hall). It was raised off the ground with steps leading up to it, perhaps because it floods frequently here.

Mura then turned to me and said, "Well, this is the Rexium village hall. I'll call the chief to meet you." I nodded and he went into the building. While we were waiting outside, Bito decided to start some small talk with me.

"Soooo, uh, where are you from?" He seemed a bit nervous when he asked me this.

"Eka'm néiat fra here," I answered. "If sem er hvat ono mulabra." I'm not from here, if that is what you mean.

"Oh, um, how did you get here?"

"Aí storm brought nosu here." A storm brought us here.

"Ok."

At this point, the conversation fell through and into awkward silence. Then Mura came out with a middle aged man. He had brown hair, green eyes, with a rugged face. He had definable muscle and his body was just as rugged. He looked like he wrestled with a bear before he slept each night.

"HELLO-I-AM-THE-VILLAGE-ELDER-WELF-MUR," yelled the obviously deranged man. "WHAT-IS-YOUR-NAME?" Then Mura pulled him in and whispered something in his ear, "Oh," was all he said.

"Mhm, I apologize. I thought you didn't know our language," he admitted in a much more subdued voice, sort of like a child who was just scolded by their mother.

"Allr er fine oth edtha," I said to reassure him. All is fine with me. When I told him this, his eyes went wide and he pulled the two brothers in a huddle. They whispered furiously with each other for a couple moments before breaking contact and faced me again.

"Ahem, so I suppose you can understand me, correct?" He asked me. I nodded in response.

"Eka think thäet's because abr thorna 'skills' sem voice told edtha about, "I told him. "Hvat er sem voice un thorna 'skills' thäet er talking about?" I think it's because of those 'skills' that voice told me about. What is that voice and those 'skills' it is talking about?

"We can talk about that inside," was what he replied.

"Atra nosu gánga thae." Let us go then.

"Alright then, follow me inside," he then pushed open the doors of the hall and strutted inside. The inside of the village hall looked like a meeting area with a round table big enough for 10 people to sit around it with some room for their arms to move. It had a rug under it that was slightly worn out with age but otherwise looked fine. There was also a spiral staircase at the back of the room.

I thought we were going to sit down at the table but then he went up the stairs. I followed and we entered a hallway with 8 rooms, 4 on each side. We entered the 2nd room on the left and I saw that it was much like a small meeting room. It had a simple wooden table in the middle of the room. There were two wooden chairs, one on each side, that had a small pillow on the seats. There was a window on the wall that showed a view of the village and the forest in the distance. He sat down on the chair that was on the side of the window and motioned for me to sit down on the chair opposite of him.

"Alright, you want to know about that 'voice', as you put it, and those 'skills' it was talking about?" Welf asked me.

I nodded and said, "Yes."

"Alright, so basically that 'voice' you heard is the Voice of The World. I don't know much except that it basically governs the world and whatnot. It also announces events that happen that affect the world. It can also grant anyone skills," he then took a pause for a breath before continuing.

"Skills are abilities that are granted by the Voice of The World that are a representation of you.. I don't know much about them, you'll have to ask someone far more knowledgeable about them, but I think skills is a sort of upgraded magic, much stronger and can be used in a heartbeat. Some skills I know of is [Extra Skill: Thought Communication, which allows you to converse with anyone within a certain range telepathically, and [Common Skill: Self Regeneration], which gives you a much higher healing factor, you can even regrow limbs as long as they are given enough time."

"...Sem er very helpful, elrun ono," I said to thank him. That is very helpful, thank you. "How weohnataí eka kenna hvat skills eka hávr though?" How would I know what skills I have though?

"Skills are just a part of you as your arms, legs, and head are. They're a part of your soul. Just sort of look into yourself and you'll find what they are," he cryptically told me. I looked at him with a blank stare, however it was much more straightforward than any advice I got from Angela the Herbalist. He got a bit uncomfortable from me staring at him and quickly apologized, "I'm sorry if it's a bit unclear, I'm not sure how to describe it really, hehe." He just scratched his back and awkwardly laughed for a couple seconds before looking away.

"Onr advice er much frëma straightforward thön du advice eka hávr gotten unin du past, ach néiat waíse sorry, " I reassured him. Your advice is much more straightforward than the advice I have gotten in the past, do not be sorry. I then got up and sat on the floor, my legs crossed and arms crossed. I closed my eyes and dove into myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, sorry for the cliffhanger. Yea, I hate them too but I'm a bit tired from spending the last week working on it and I think the chapter is pretty long now. But...on the bright side, I made it extra long for y'all. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.9K 114 35
≪ ☽ ≫ ──── ≪• ✾ •≫ ──── ≪ ☾ ≫ PJOxHP "Who are you supposed to turn to when the only one who can stop the tears is the one who made you cry in the fir...
2.8K 58 7
This is a Trafalgar Law x Y/N (OC) fanfiction ___________________________________________ You were an infamous assassin who only had the dream of se...
44K 806 26
in the class you were put in after the discovery of you having the same powers of class E's sensei (not tentacles) _backstory_ you were born but then...
26.8K 792 24
*DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED AS A SLIME, I DID THIS FOR THE BROKE PEEPS OUT THERE, AND PEOPLE WHO CAN'T FIND IT* BUT IF YOU...