The One

By taylorsreverie

"Can I kiss you?" I fight to keep my breathing steady as I reply. "No." "And why not?" He clenches his jaw, m... More

a/n + aesthetics
songs/playlist
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9

chapter 3

202 27 93
By taylorsreverie

❖❖❖

BREATHING IN the cold, fresh air around me, I restrained myself from looking like an idiot by closing my eyes, face towards the sky and inhaling the cool, misty air in the middle of a random street in New York.

I make sure to button down the trench coat, not wanting to freeze nor wanting to flash anyone whilst I make my way downtown. Now that I had finished my interview, I couldn't help but think back to those eyes in the elevator.

sue me.

why are you so creepy?

it's just eyes, for god's sake.

but really attracti-

Allowing a soft smile to grace my face as I listened to my inner self battling with one another, I watched the busy morning New York traffic sights ahead of me on the roads.

I think back to the incident-

shit.

my folder.

I mentally screamed at myself for forgetting - I needed that folder which I left behind in yuck's office.

I left every single fucking copy of my resume and my real official documents.

fucking shit.

Sighing in pure exasperation, it's only ten am and i've probably screwed my entire life over and over.

I mentally debated to myself whether I should turn around and make my way back into the office, or continue my way towards the bookstore and drown myself with hot fictional characters so I can pretend I don't exist in this world for a moment.

The second one definitely seemed like the better option.

The stupid voice inside my head urged me to do the first.

So naturally, I did neither.

Thank holy Jesus Christ or Bloody Mary - whichever god decided to throw in a tangled mess of earphones in the pockets, which I have now stuffed in my ears and playing 'better than revenge'.

she's not a saint

and she's not what you think

she's an actress...

woahhhhhh

she's better known

for the things

that she does

on the mattress..

woahhh,

My inner child begins to get unrealistically excited at this part, and I have to contain myself from blurting out the lyrics in public or bite my lip and point drastically at a random person whilst imagining myself as Taylor Swift singing this. (a/n: based on true events. I still remain unashamed.)

soon-

I feel a tug on the back of my coat.

of fucking course.

Putting on my best 'you-don't-fucking-want-to-talk-to-me-right-now-unless-you-want-to-die' face, i turn around to find the source of sound. I frown when i'm met with air, and look up and down-

oh.

it's a fucking child.

what the fuck.

The little boy looked no older than four years old, with wisps of red hair and freckles dotted all around his nose.

"Oh, um,"

Bending down, I try not to wince as I feel my skirt beginning to blow upwards, and I quickly tuck it in behind along with my coat to avoid it touching the ground.

"Hey buddy, where's your mommy and daddy?"

saying mommy and daddy should not make me cringe.

fuck this i'm cringing.

The little boy seemed to be clueless, as he continued staring into my eyes, making me feel self conscious.

since the fuck when was I intimidated by toddlers.

since now, you bitch.

"Hey, buddy? You okay?"

His bottom lip wobbles.

shit.

"Buddy, did you lose your mommy and daddy?"

I need holy water.

The little boy nods, and lip begins to tremble even more.

fuck don't cry

"Here, I'll help you find your daddy, okay?"

"B-but I-i don't w-want m-my d-daddy"

oooh, daddy issues.

bitch you're talking to a fucking child

"Oh, then do you want me to find your mommy?"

"Y-yes p-pwease"

jesus christ

"Oh- okay, um"

I stand up, cautiously looking around and my gaze wanders back to the child in front of me.

I have to bend down every time I need to hear him, and I curse my height for that.

that's a lie

you love your height

I look back at me to see that he's following me, but getting caught up in the mass of legs walking on the sidewalk.

I quickly walk back so I don't lose sight of him.

shit, i didn't even ask him what his name was.

The little boy stands still, seemingly lost and I crouch down again to meet his eye level.

"Hey bud, hop on my back?"

I feel a soft thud on my back as he jumps on, and I'm surprised at how he knows to tuck his little arms around my neck so he doesn't fall off.

I smile at his chubby face resting against my shoulder, and I'm suddenly reminded of why I don't want kids.

right, my 'parental' figures.

I shake my head of those thoughts and bounce the kid on my back a few times, making him giggle into my ear.

"Bud, what's your name?"

"My mommy told me not to talk to strangers"

holy crap then what the fuck am i

"Oh, right yes your mommy is very smart"

fuck do i say now?

"Where did you last see your mommy?"

"Overrrrrrrr there."

He points to the gigantic mall full of luxury brands and food courts that I could never even afford to pay even 10% service charge they ask for, so I'm hesitant as I make my way to the entrance.

who the fuck needs gold handles?

"Okay Bud, why did you run away from your mommy?"

"I-I didn't run,"

"A m-mean man t-took m-me and i-i t-thought you w-were m-my mommy"

jesus holy christ

the fuck do i do now

I look around the marble center of the mall, people sending me apprehensive glances at the small child on my back and my completely normal attire.

Speaking of the small child, he suddenly releases his arms from around my neck, and I gasp, turning around and catching his back just in time before he falls off. Completely unaware that he was just that close to dying, I try to steady my breathing at the thought of being convicted of murder for a four year old.

yeah, not fun.

"MOMMY!!!!!!!"

wait what

The boy squirmed in my arms, and I'm shaken out of my train of thoughts when I gently put him down, running towards a Louis Vuitton store.

his mom is-

oh.

The woman standing in front of the store, which I had previously missed, seemed to relax her entire body as she spotted the little kid running towards her. She laughs as he barrels towards her, almost knocking her over but she swings him around, the little boy giggling.

I literally don't know what to do with myself, so I slowly turn around when I feel a little pat on my shoulder.

I turn around, smiling sheepishly when I see the woman from the front of the store, which I assume is the little boy's mother, and the boy himself sitting on his mothers arms.

The mother looked about my age, and holy cow she was hot.

With dark brown hair and vibrant green eyes, skin color tanned perfectly into a honey brown.

"Holy shit you're hot"

Immediately I clamped my hands around my mouth, embarrassed that I just blurted that out in public, in a goddamn ball room, in front of a freaking child.

Instead, she laughs and throws her head back. Her baby, obviously confused as to what's happening, giggles as he sees his mom in absolute tears as she tries to compose herself.

Smiling, the woman turned back to me.

I gulped.

"Hey, I'm Eleonora, and you're pretty hot too", she grinned at me.

"Thanks for finding Ciro, I was basically sh- crapping myself when I realized he was gone."

I smiled, not knowing what to do.

I'm so social, motherfucker needs an SOS button.

"Oh um, you're welcome, I just found him wandering on the streets and he said a strange man took him? I don't know, but it seems like you might want to look into that"

damn girl you're smart

She looks worried, and for a second I wonder if telling her was the right idea.

"Yeah, well thanks for finding him, here - I'll give you my number, and tell me if you need my help or anything, alright? I owe you one"

"Oh- no it's fine really-"

"Okay, then we should have lunch together sometime and hang out. It's on me."

She winks.

I laugh, and exchange numbers with her, grinning even more when she returns my phone back under the contact 'mommy🥵'.

She mirrors the same expression when she finds out I named myself 'daddy💸', and we simultaneously say: "See you tomorrow?"

I shrug, and ask, "Sure, I mean I'm free anyway. Can I bring my friend along?"

"Sure, make a group chat and add her"

I wave to her as I awkwardly make my way towards the exit, almost tripping over the carpet that was placed in front of the golden doors.

Once I'm outside, I breathe in the clean air again and sigh, realizing that it's almost noon, and I'm hungry.

where's that paper bag Allison gave m-

shit it's fine i probably would've died from her food poisoning anyway

I make a point in my mind to stop by a cafe to eat something, and god knows I need some coffee.

❖❖❖

(a/n): i ate an oreo sandwich, was totally not in class, and daydreaming about hot italians when i wrote this so sue me.

also this is a shorter chapter, there will be like 5k/6k words soon lmao (i can't control myself)

i was totally not supposed to be working on my history essay while writing this.

please vote and comment, ilyy <3

-rev <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 80.4K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...
8.2M 228K 50
[COMPLETE] [MATURE] ❝Revenge is a bitch, I'll make it my bitch. ❞ Mars Matthews was anything but innocent. She was sarcastic, talkative, some even sa...
VICENZO By Walnut

Short Story

1.5M 39.2K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
266K 6.1K 47
I ran my hands through his hair, my grip firm as I pushed it down slightly, my main focus on his lips. "And then?" "Then I'd slide my dick into you...