Better off dead

By Cherrybomb9824

I woke up. Who am I? Where is my family? But most importantly...... How did I get in the Walking Dead? More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 01: Days gone by Pt. 1
Chapter 02: Days gone by pt 2
Chapter 03: Days gone by pt 3
Chapter 04: Guts Pt 1
Chapter 05: Guts Pt 2
Chapter 06: Tell it to the Frogs Pt 1
Chapter 07: Tell it to the Frogs Pt2
Chapter 08: Vatos Pt1
Chapter 09: Vatos Pt2
Chapter 10: Vatos Pt3
Chapter 11: Wild fires Pt1
Chapter 12: Wildfires Pt2
Chapter 13: Wildfires Pt3
Chapter 14: TS-19 Pt1
Chapter 16: TS-19 PT3
Chapter 17: What Lies Ahead PT1
Chapter 18: What lies ahead PT2

Chapter 15: TS-19 Pt2

319 14 0
By Cherrybomb9824

Andrea was vomiting in the bathroom "Andrea?"Dale asks as he walks passed the bathroom Andrea doesn't answer only continues to hurl. Dale steps inside the bathroom "That's it. That's it. Get it out. There you go. Oh... God" he kneels down and flushed the toilet "Oh. Everything's gone" Andrea mutters "It's always better going down than coming up, huh?" Dale says sympathetically "I don't mean the wine, Dale. You know, it's over. There's nothing left. Don't you see that?" Andrea asks "Oh, I... I see a... a chance to make a new start" Dale says making Andrea laugh "Oh my God, Dale. Dale, didn't you see the look on Jenner's face? Hear what I'm saying. There's nothing left!" Dale frowns "Do NOT let Amy hear you say that!" Andrea looks down ashamed and sighs before Dale sitting down next to her.

~~~elsewhere~~~
Rick walks up to Jenner's lab and knocks on the open entryway "How's the blood?" Rick asks "No surprises" Jenner mutters before putting down Delilah's blood test "I came to thank you" Rick says stepping forward into the lab "You did. You all... you all right?" Jenner asks "You don't know what it's like" Rick let's out a mirthless laugh "You don't know what it's like out there. You may think you do, but you don't. We'd have died out there. It was only a matter of time. There's too many of those things. My... my boy... My daughter ... my wife, I never... I never told 'em what I really thought. I never even hinted, just... just kept it in. Kept it in and kept us moving, you know. Just kept it in. Kept us... It'll all be okay. It'll be okay" Rick chuckles bitterly.

~~~elsewhere~~~
"Any good books?" Lori asks, while  walking into the rec room with a glass of wine in hand "Uh-huh" Carol nods with Carl and Sophia sitting next to her. Carol closes the book that they were reading "Enough to keep us busy for years!" Carol smiles "All right. Come on, kids, it's bedtime. Baby, go say your prayers. I'm gonna browse a bit. Come on" Lori says "This is the first night we might actually get some real sleep" Carol comments "Hmm. It's a miracle, isn't it?" Carol leaves with Carl and Sophia.

Lori wanders over to the book shelf and looks around the door suddenly slams shut Lori yelps and whirls around to see Shane "Jesus, you scared me!" "I'm gonna tell you a few things and you're gonna listen to me" Shane states drunkenly, while ignoring Lori "Now is not the time" Lori merely says, Shane let's out a fake laugh and says "Come on. When is it ever the time? How can you treat me like this?" "You're kidding, right?" Lori scoffs "No" Shane answers "Because you told me my husband was dead" Lori snaps "I didn't lie to you, all right? I didn't. Do you know what it was like there?" Shane asks "Stop" "Things were falling apart. They were slaughtering people in the hallways. It was a massacre. There were walkers everywhere!" Shane describes the situation hoping that Lori will understand "So you left him?" Lori demands in disbelief.

"Everybody else ran. There were no doctors there. It was just me. He was hooked up to machines and I did not know what to do. I even took my ear and I put it on his chest and I listened for a heartbeat and I did not hear one. And I-I-I-I... I don't know why. Maybe it was gunfire. I don't know what it was, but there was no way he could've survived that. No way" Shane says, while shaking his head guiltily "He did" Lori points out angrily "Yeah, but then I had y'all to think about, didn't I? I had you and Carl, and I needed to think about..." Shane says desperately.

"Okay" Lori rolls her eyes "No no. I had to get you guys safe to Atlanta. That's what I had to do. Just stop. If you thought for one second that he was still alive, would you have come? So I saved your life... you and your little boy's. That's what I did. Right?" Shane asks "Okay" Lori says done with the conversation "And if I could've traded places with him, I would have. I would trade places with him right now because..." Shane continues "No no no. No. No no no, you..." Lori tries to stop him from saying his next sentence "I love you" Shane confesses "Shh shh. No. No, you're drunk" Lori argues in denial "I love you" Shane repeats "No, you're drunk" Lori denies again.

"And I know there were some things that say that you love me too. Because there's no way that you could've been with me the way that you were" Shane corners Lori "Shane. Shane. Shane! Just... Okay, stop. Listen-" Lori tries to push him away "You love me" Shane says "Get your hands off me. Get your hands off me!" Lori snaps trying to push him away "I love you. There's nobody here" Shane starts kissing Lori's neck and pulling her close "Please! No!" Lori begs "Stop, Lori. It's all right. Just..." Shane starts to remove both their pants and underwear while Lori sobs. "We don't have to be afraid anymore. We're safe here. All right?" Shane whispers.

~~~elsewhere~~~
Delilah is stumbling through the halls and latches onto the wall to steady herself "Okay, okay you're okay- just— just a little" Delilah trips and falls onto the floor face first.

She groans before laughing "You're drunk Lils!" She says while giggling.

Delilah then gets herself up and tries to find her way back to the room she'd be sharing with Andrea and Amy. She finally makes it and sees the green sofa.

She crawls on top of it shakily "Okay, nice couch, nice couch that's it. I'm just gonna lay on you, okay?" She says to the sofa as if it were an animate object "The hell ya doin' girl?" A familiar masculine voice calls out "Shhh! Daryl! Don't scare the couch! Or wake up Amy!" Delilah points to the other side of the room where Daryl's bag and crossbow lays. Daryl gives Delilah a funny look and asks "How much did ya drink girl?"

Delilah plops down on the couch and groans "Too much......I lost count at...eleven-teen?" Daryl looks at her "Is that supposed to be a number?" Delilah only groans. Daryl shakes his head with an amused smirk and walks over to his bag. Delilah rolls over and looks at Daryl only to see his scarred bare back as he just showered and was only wearing a towel. Delilah stands up and wobbles over to him, her hand reaches out for him, but Daryl whirls around and grabs her wrist "What the hell do ya think ya doin'?" He growls as if he's mad, but when Delilah looks into his eyes she can see the insecurity in them.

Delilah sobers up some and asks "Do they hurt?" Daryl's eyes narrow "Wha-?" Delilah suddenly rips herself out of of his grasp and gets behind him startling him by her speed despite being drunk "Do they hurt? Who hurt you?" Delilah repeats after putting her hands on his back to get a better look at the scars. Daryl freezes unsure of what to say or do, but his body relaxes as Delilah traces over each scar gently. Daryl sighs and say "My father was a bastard, that's all" Delilah looks up at him and turns him around "It's okay, I have scars too" Delilah lifts up her shirt to reveal a horizontal scar on her lower abdomen.

Daryl looks at it startled and asks "Where'd ya get it?" Delilah reaches for Daryl's hand and allows him to trace his finger along it "I....don't really remember..." Daryl scoffs "How can ya not remember where you got a scar?" Delilah looks up and says "When Rick and I woke up from the comas, I had amnesia. I didn't remember my own name until two days later. I get bits and pieces while I sleep, that's why I got drunk, it's scary and painful to remember" Daryl looks at her in surprise as Delilah continues.

"I remember being naked and strapped to a table. There was a mirror above me and some doctors and nurses around me. I don't think that they gave me any anesthesia because I remember the pain as they cut me open and put their hands inside of me. They started taking things out. That's it though..." Daryl looks at her suddenly Delilah slumps against him as if remembering took all the energy out of her. Daryl quickly catches her and moves her back to the sofa.

He lays her down before turning to get dressed. He slips on a pair of boxers and looks back at Delilah. The exhaustion from the journey, the wine, and the memories rendered her unconscious. Daryl sighs and thinks. Amy and Andrea's room is down the hall on the opposite side. Rick is with Carl and Lori, who seems to hate Delilah for some odd reason, which is also a no. Carol is with Sophia and Jacqui and Glenn and T-Dog are bunking together with Dale so they're both full. Then there's Shane......Daryl doesn't trust nor like Shane very much, especially with Delilah who's unconscious and therefore unable to defend herself.

Daryl looks back at Delilah, and groans slightly. He crawls on the sofa with her and situates her on top of him. Delilah snuggles into him and breathes deeply into his neck whining when she smells the soap he used rather than his natural pheromone. Daryl shushes her gently "Go to sleep. I'll be here when ya wake up....Lila" Delilah settles upon hearing his familiar voice and the both sleep peacefully.

Which is a first in a long time for both of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Brave New World By evis

Science Fiction

19 0 8
My name is Eva, I was 11 when it happened. When shit hit the fan. The fucking zombie apocalypse all of those stupid survivalists with garages full...
2.7K 140 7
when did it end? all the enjoyment i'm sad again, don't tell my boyfriend it's not what he's made for ๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง ๐—ช๐—”๐—ฆ ๐—œ ๐— ๐—”๐——๐—˜ ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ? โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ season...
15.5K 272 31
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜น๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ. ๐ƒ๐„๐€๐ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐—๐Ž๐ n...
1.5K 24 8
โœญ After Carl saves Alexandria, he realizes that he doesn't know how much time left, but he knows that he doesn't want to waste it. Carl confesses to...