Running Over Water

By milkyxrose

When Percy and Annabeth go on a couples vacation to Central City, the home of metahumans, they run into some... More

[1 - Jitters]
[2 - Burgers + Barry]
[3 - Cheerleaders]
[4 - S.T.A.R. Labs]
[5 - Funny Suit]
[6 - Onomatopeia]
[7 - Poker Face]
[8 - Denarii]
[9 - Showtime]
[10 - The King Has Fallen]
[11 - Detective Pretty Boy]
[12 - Pineapple or No Pineapple?]
[13 - The Struggle]
[14 - Reverse Flash]
[15 - That Joe?]
[16 - Shooting the Shot]
[17 - Jinxed]
[18 - Candy?]
[19 - Don't Get Caitlin Drunk]
[20 - Suspicions]
[21 - Blames and Regrets]
[22 - The End?]
[24 - No Water?]
[25 - Trigger-Happy]
[26 - Chaos]
[27 - Clash of the Titans]
[28 - A Talk About Business]
[29 - Apples?]
[30 - Cat Videos]
[31 - The Proposal]
[32 - Happy Meals]
[33 - Skeleton Friends]
[34 - Fatal Flaw]
[35 - As Easy as a Bookcase from IKEA]
[36 - Run, Barry. Run]
[37 - Hero]
[38 - I Save the World (Again)]
[39 - The End (For Real This Time)]
Epilogue

[23 - Kidding]

831 35 29
By milkyxrose

Some of you actually thought I'd end it there 😭 didn't think that would happen

"Another month, another troll" - WIldman98

Percy

It's been a few days. One week. A few weeks? I'm not sure. I lost count after the first three days. But anyways, as I was saying, it's been awhile since I left Central City.

I've been pondering a lot about what I did, what I didn't do, and what I should've done. Either way, it's too late for that, I suppose.

I've been bouncing a ball at the wall for the past five minutes. No offense and all, but I was getting bored. Sorry, Ball.

I groan, standing up from the couch and I grab an apple from the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter. I couldn't help but wonder if everything was doing fine over there. Joe had my number and gave me scarce updates here and there.

The Reverse Flash beat up Barry.

Cisco's been getting these weird dreams.

The Reverse Flash beat up Barry again.

Iris and Eddie's relationship is more serious.

Barry got beat up by a metahuman.

His latest text message was him saying Barry got beat up by a metahuman, which wasn't surprising. For a speedster, he sure gets beat up a lot. Which is really confusing, to be honest. How does that even work?

I sit back down on the couch and lay down. I close my eyes, and I move around, trying to feel comfortable on the uncomfortable couch. However, before long, I feel myself sink into sleep despite the cars honking in the background.

——

1 month earlier

Nico

I was sleeping in my cabin. Why? Because ever since Chiron forced Percy to take a vacation, I've been teaching the sword-fighting classes and teaching kids how to not kill each other was very draining.

But I definitely hadn't expected Percy to pop up in my dream out of nowhere. I enjoyed my unlimited McDonald's while it lasted.

Sigh.

"Nico! I need your help!" Percy waved his hand in front of my face, and I frowned.

"What did you do this time, Percy?" I cross my arms and eye him suspiciously, knowing he got himself in some sticky situation.

"Okay," he groans. "I get it. I ask you a lot of favors. But seriously, this is important and I don't have much time."

I straightened my back and allowed him to continue. And after he finished his story, I was rather shocked.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Right now, I'm sleeping in the pipeline. Nobody will bother me for the next ten minutes or so. I need you to shadow travel Annabeth and bring her to safety. And bring a friend of mine, Joe."

"I need specifics. Where does this Joe live? Where will he be?"

"He's a detective. He should be at CCPD. Not sure. But Annabeth is upstairs. And if my plan is going to work, I need her out of here."

"That's it?"

"Yep. I seriously owe you, Neeks."

"Yeah, yeah." I wave a hand dismissively at him. "But explain to me again why I can't just shadow travel you and Annabeth out instead? Rather than doing all this extra stuff?"

"Because-"

But before Percy could reply to my comment, he dematerialized, and I woke up in my bed. I looked around my darkened cabin, except I realized that was all a dream. And Percy indeed needed my help.

Okay, Nico. You got this. Annabeth depends on you. Your friend depends on you. I close my eyes, and it began to feel like my face was peeling off. Despite doing this far too many times, the feeling doesn't get any better.

I feel myself stumble into a room and out of the shadows. I stagger in my spot as I land. I almost fall backwards but my hand catches hold of a chair. I suck in a quick breath of air, trying to be discreet.

I survey my surroundings for a quick moment. I was in quite a nice room with lots of medical equipment. My eyes fell on Annabeth who laid sleeping on the bed in the middle of the room.

I shake my head out of my grogginess before wrapping my arms under her neck and legs, carrying her bridal style. I grunt as I pick her up. I may be skilled with a sword, however, I'm not as skillful when it comes to carrying grown people.

I trudge back into the shadows. And I shut my eyes close, preparing myself for the trip. I adjusted my stance and held onto Annabeth tighter.

When I open my eyes, I hear the commotion of campers. Thank gods, I didn't run into wall this time.

Now, where's my boyfriend?

I plod my way through camp, on my way to the infirmary. I catch the eyes of several campers who look at me in question but I continue to ignore them. It's in my sights when I see a bundle of blonde hair run out of the building.  Will, in record speed, comes towards me. "Is that Annabeth? Oh, gods, it's Annabeth. What happened?"

He took her from my arms and started running to the infirmary. I followed him and gave him some of the small details. "She broke her leg. She's also unconscious. From what, I'm not sure. But I have to leave and get another one."

"Another one?"

"Yeah."

"I can prep another bed-" Will begins but I lay my hand on his shoulder.

"No need, he's not a camper. A mortal. I don't know what Percy got himself into but I know it's something big."

"All right, then. Be careful." Will eyes me sympathetically before setting Annabeth down on a bed where a few other campers start crowding around her, caring for her needs.

"I know," I exasperated. Ever since I exhausted myself last time, he's been overly paranoid about me shadow traveling long distances. No matter how much I tell him I'm fine now, he never believes me. But I appreciate his concern.

I went back to my cabin where light was sparse due to the lack of windows. Plus, it was a lot less embarrassing to shadow travel alone so nobody could see me stumble.

When I land, I'm in a tree. "Ah, Styx." I rub my head, groaning in pain. I really hate landing in trees.

My arms and legs are entangled in the tree branches. I grunt as I try to pull myself out. After a few moments of wiggling my butt, I finally got my arms and legs loose.

I fall to the ground with a thump.

I groan as I rub my behind. Two officers exit the building and hop down the steps. They notice me on the grass and give me funny looks. I try my best to not give them one in return.

They walk farther away and one of the men shouts, "Thanks, Joe!" He gives the other officer a wave goodbye. And Joe, I presume, gave him a wave as well. I think I'm in the right place.

I see Joe enter a car, and I take this as my cue to shadow travel there.

I emerge in the back seat of a car. I sit up straight. "Joe West?"

Joe's head whips behind to look at me and before he can even say anything, his hand flies to his gun holster. Before he could, however, I grab his arm tightly, making him grunt.

"Ah, ah," I tut. "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm a friend of Percy's."

"Percy Jackson?"

"Yes, Percy Jackson."

"You're friends with Percy Jackson?" His arm wiggles in my grasp, and I let him go.

"Yes. That's what I just said," my eyes bore into his. For a detective, he's quite slow.

"Then why are you here?"

I sighed. "As I was saying before you interrupted me, Percy needs your help. Something about a guy in a wheelchair and some super speedy guy. He's got captured, and he's currently awaiting your help."

"Oh!" He sits up straight. "Well, hell, let's go to S.T.A.R. Labs."

His hand goes to the key in the car's engine, but before he could even touch the key, I grabbed his arm once again.

"Kid, stop grabbing my arm."

I stare at him in the eyes, "I should be the one calling you a kid here. If, counting my non physical age, I'm eighty-six. Or fourteen. Whatever works for you."

He scoffs, thinking I'm telling him a joke. But my face stays stolid, and he realizes my seriousness. "Oh, damn."

"Ah, we're off topic. Percy's relying on us."

"Right. Can you let me go now?" He struggles under my grasp once again but this time, I don't let go. I'm waiting for the sun to pass behind the building, but it's taking awhile.

"No, can't do that."

"Why is that?"

"Because," I begin. The sun finally passes behind the tall building, and a large shadow casts above the car. "We're going to S.T.A.R. Labs my way."

"And which way is that-?" I close my eyes and we dematerialize. Before we faded away, I could hear Joe freaking out. Watching people freak out is my favorite form of entertainment.

When we come to a stop, we're inside a building. We're in a long corridor with dimmed lights and gray walls. Joe pants heavily as he slouches against the wall for support. "What was that?!"

I look at him, not wanting to explain everything. But I ought to give him a small explanation. "It's a form of traveling. Anyways, I did my job. I ought to leave now. Goodbye."

And I leave before the man can even come up with a response.

When I land for the final time today, I'm in the infirmary back at camp. I sigh, and I fall to the nearest bed. I can barley keep my eyes open when Will runs towards me, shouting my name. My body was burning with exhaustion. I had over exerted myself, once again.

All I needed was a nice nap.

All I see his Will's blonde mop of hair before I fall asleep.

——

I cant believe a handful of people thought this book ended. Me and WIldma98 (his idea to trick you all btw) were just laughing about how people actually thought the book had ended.

But we're back (we technically never left), and I hope you enjoy the many more chapters to come.

Sorry about the scare, I know you guys missed us 🫶

———

A/N

:)

- WIldman98

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555K 9.8K 46
Percy goes to live with the Avengers. The Avengers then realize something strange about the boy. There is an emptiness in his eyes and the way he and...
663K 8.3K 24
Percy Jackson has been betrayed. After his new half brother frames him for everything at camp, he was shunned by the other campers, even Chiron. His...
14.2K 364 28
Annabeth Chase is the town beauty. Yet, she is also the town oddball. With a love of reading and architecture, she doesn't quite fit in. She longs f...
7.2K 155 20
It's been a long time since Percy and Annabeth have seen each other. Almost six years. They have their own lives. Percy is a marine biologist who s...