**ON HOLD**SORRY!!**Falling i...

By mewnyc

This is the story about Tessa H. Fletcher. She's 18 and lives in the United States. Her step-father has abuse... More

Chapter 1: How It All Began
Chapter 3: And The Truth Comes Out

Chapter 2: Meeting 'Brother'

51 2 3
By mewnyc

Chapter 2

***STILL TESSA'S POV***

Cary, Mom, and I were in the drop off zone at the airport sitting in traffic. It was nine-ten. We had twenty-five minutes 'til we had to leave for London. I was anxious.

Mom pulled up to the drop off zone. She helped Cary and I get our bags out of the trunk.

"You guys go inside and wait. I'll park the car." she said as she climbed back into the car. I watched her drive away and I felt a tug on my sleeve.

"Let's go inside." Cary said. I started dragging my suitcase onto one of the cart thingys. Cary and I walked to the desks to get our boarding passes. I noticed the blonde guy behind the desk watching me. I guessed that the guy was about twenty. I felt uncomfortable and I quickly handed my green suitcase to him and walked away.

Mom came back in and walked with us to security.

"I love you guys. I'm sorry. I will never let myself forget what has happened. I'll miss you, guys." she have us a huge hug. I just let her hug me. I didn't hug her back, though. I felt wet drops falling on my head. I looked at my mom and wiped away her tears.

"We'll see you soon, Mom. You said so yourself." Cary soothed her. I was wrapped into another hug. I pulled away and walked to security. I put my bags on the conveyor belt and walked through.

I sat down and waited for Cary. She had the plane tickets and passports.

'Flight 143 to London. Now taking first class.' the overhead lady said.

"Where are we sitting?" I asked Cary. She shuffled through and found them.

"Uh... First class. I guess we better be boarding." We handed the lady our tickets and passports and boarded the plane.

I was in a window seat with Cary next to me. I took one last look out the window before I closed it. I waited for the plane to take off. It took about twenty minutes for everybody else to board. It was about a ten hour flight. (** I just estimated the time**) I just read my book while I waited for take-off. I ignored the flight attendant with her safety procedures.

Soon enough we were in the air. I opened the window and looked out. I could see for miles in all directions. I closed my book and laid my head back. I was soon asleep.

----------------------------------------------------

"Tessa....wake uuuup..." I felt my shoulder shaking lightly.

"Gerroff me...mmmmm.." I mumbled.

"We landing in a few hours, Tess. We are about two hours away from landing." Wow. I had meant to take a nap but it turned into a full out sleep-fest.

I stretched and opened my bag of Chex Mix. I loved the stuff but I always felt so loud eating it. I offered Cary some and she took a huge handful.

"Hey!"

"Fwhah?" she tried to say 'What?' but failed miserably. I just glared at her.

It was kinda cold because of the air vents. I pulled out my orange Aeropostale hoodie. It felt good to be in something so warm and comfy. I was in my sweatpants from yesterday because who wants to be in skinny jeans on a cramped up plane.

I just ate and read for the remainder of the flight.

When we landed, I was hit with a gust of cold wind. I knew London was going to be cold, but not this cold. I threw my coat on even though it didn't go with sweatpants. I carried my duffle bag into the seating area. I saw a teenage boy with blonde hair poking out from under a black beanie and sunglasses. There was a big man standing next to him, also in black. They were holding a sign that said 'Tess and Cary Fletcher'. We walked up to them.

"Are you our brother?" I asked him. He looked us over for awhile. I became very insecure about how I looked. Was it not right to wear sweatpants in public in London?! Did I have stain on my pants?! I noticed he was wearing sweatpants as well. So that means its okay to wear sweatpants....

"I am. I'm Niall. I'll have to tell you my last name when we get home." he said in a hushed tone. He had an Irish accent. So my brother was Irish. Cool! "Let's go get your bags."

I followed him to the baggage claim. I was wondering why he was wearing all black. Was he emo?! I really hoped he wasn't emo! He walked with his down. Was he famous or something?

The big man carried our suitcases and Cary and I carried our duffles. We walked outside to find a limo waiting for us.

"No flipping way! Why is there a limo waiting for us?!" I asked Niall.

"I'll tell you in the car." he helped Cary in then me. He sat across from us. "My name is Niall Horan." I guess that he was waiting for some kind of reaction because he just waited. "Why aren't you guys freaking out that your brother is in a world famous boyband?" he asked us.

"Well, we haven't really had any connection to the outside world back in California. He didn't let us." Cary explained, letting her head hang in her lap. "And what do you mean 'world famous boyband'?"

"Uhh... Well, you see... I'm in a band called One Direction." he said scratching the back of his neck. We gave him confused looks. He shook his head. "Who do you mean by 'he'?"

Cary and I froze.

"Uhh... Look we're here!" I said as we pulled into the driveway of a big apartment.

"Oh. Yea... This is our flat." I guess that a 'flat' is the British word for apartment. He opened the door and helped us out.

He opened the door.

"BOYS! I'M HOME!!!" he shouted. I freaked out at the sound of many other teenage boys running down the stairs.

"NEW CARROT FRIENDS!!!!" a sandy haired boy in stripes cried. He picked Cary and me up into a huge hug.

"OW! P-ple.....dow-down...." I stuttered. He was crushing my lungs so I could hardly breath. I had forgotten about my stomach and ribs until now.

"Lou. Put them down. Now." Niall said sternly. I was placed onto my feet.

I looked around and saw five teenage boys between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one watching at Cary and I. There was Niall without sunglasses and the hat. He had the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen. I could see little bits and pieces of brown hair peeking out of the roots of his head. 'So, he dyed his hair.' I thought. I turned to see four other boys. One had black-ish brown hair styled up into a quiff. He had dark brown eyes that were very pretty.

"I'm Zayn." he gave me a warm smile. I returned it happily.

I continued to look around. Next was a boy in a plaid shirt and had light brown hair that was slightly buzzed on the sides but was put into a small quiff in the front. He had soft brown eyes.

"I'm Liam." he reached out a hand. I gave him a high five instead of a handshake. He let confusion flash across his face before laughing. I giggled, too. "Definitely Niall's sister.." I heard him mumble.

A boy with a mop full of curls greeted me with a flirty grin.

"I'm Harry." he said not only with his voice but with his piercing green eyes. It was funny and flattering but he wasn't my type. Maybe Cary would like him...

I turned to see a boy with side-swept chocolate brown hair. He had the most beautiful blue-green eyes I've ever seen.

"I'M LOUIS!!! It's pronounced Lou-ee not Lou-is, kay?" he screamed, full of sass. I laughed out loud.

"Got it, buddy!" I screamed back at him. I guess he didn't know that I could be that loud because he shrieked and hid behind Harry. The boys, Cary, and I laughed at him while he pouted.

"It's not funny...' he whined.

"What are your names, love?" Harry asked Cary.

"I'm Cary and she's Tessa." Cary answered gesturing to me. I nodded and sat down on the couch next to Louis t try and comfort him.

"Where you from? Niall only told us that he had his long lost sisters coming to live with us from America." Zayn asked.

"Well, we are from a small town around L.A." I explained. "We lived with our mother and step-father, Lucas."

"What year are you in?" Liam asked us.

"Excuse me?" Cary said.

"He means what grade are you in. Like school." Niall clarified.

"Ohhh... I was in my senior year or year...twelve?...as you would say? I only had two weeks left. Cary has graduated and all that jazz." I said and Cary nodded.

"Okay. Well, we'll get back to the game of 20 questions later. I think I owe you guys a correct introduction being your older brother and all." Niall said.

"I'm Niall James Horan, your 19 year old, Irish older brother. Uhhh...I am a singer in the boy band One Direction... I was born in Mullingar, Ireland, as well as Cary. I-"

"Cary! You never told me you were born in Ireland?!" I said to Cary, cutting Niall short."I guess all these years I just thought that you just had a messed up American accent" I said mostly to myself.

"Umm..yea. I guess that a little bit of Ireland that stuck with me when we moved." she shrugged.

"So...I play guitar...I love football, or..err, what do you guys call it? soccer?..yea that!" he said. I laughed a little at his slow thinking. "I LOVE food. And that's also a warning saying NOT to take my food. Ever. I will bite. So, fancy telling us about yourselves?" he said, turning the attention to us.

"I'm Tessa H. Fletcher. I really don't know what the 'H.' stands for. I am eighteen. I love to read. My favorite colors are orange and green and it has nothing to do with me being Irish. I LOVE food like no tomorrow. I will try anything, really."

"God. It's scary how much you're like Niall. The only things different about you guys is your hair color, eyes, accent, age, and the fact that you're a girl and he's a guy.' Harry said. I chuckled at his compliment.

"I've always wanted to learn to play guitar and sing, too." I finished with that.

"Funny you sh-" Zayn was cut off my Louis.

"CARY'S TURN!!"

"Okay then. I'm Cary H. Fletcher, I guess. I am 19 as well, just a half year younger than Niall. I like food just as much as Tess does, but I'm a little bit pickier. I don't have any idea what or who 'One Direction' is. My favorite color is maroon because it's just so mysterious, ya know? I-"

"Wait! You don't know who One Direction is?!" Louis cried. I had completely forgotten that he was there. Cary and I both cautiously shook our heads no. even though we hadn't known Louis that long, we knew to be on our toes. "Boys. A word." he said in a suddenly calm and posh tone. I liked how he could go to screaming at the top of his lungs to completely or mostly calm. The boys left through the door which I guessed led to the kitchen.

"Sooo... This being a lot for you to take in, too?" I asked Cary, trying to make small talk while we waited.

"Yea. I feel out of place in a super nice house with five super cute teenage boys all around my age. Not to mention that they are British." she said with a wink. I laughed at her just as the boys came back in.

'So... Who are One Direction?" I asked, again.

"I'm Liam."

"I'm Zayn."

"Yea.. we know your names already-"

"I'm Louis."

"I'm Niall."

"And I'm Harry."

"And we're...ONE DIRECTION!!!" they shouted in unison. Wait, what?

"So?" I said. I their jaws weren't attached to their heads, they would be on the ground.

"H-how do you NOT know who we are?" Harry asked.

"We didn't have a lot of access to any world outside of our own." Cary said, looking at the suddenly interesting lose thread on the couch.

"You guys are, like, the first teenage girls I've ever met that don't know who we are." Liam said.

"Well, instead of just being shocked by it, why don't y'all explain?!" I snapped. I hated it when people wouldn't tell me stuff. "I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to snap. I just hate it when people won't tell me stuff." I apologized.

"Well then come here." Niall said, pulling my over to his laptop. He pulled up a video on a site called 'YouTube'. The video was called 'One Direction: A Year In The Making'. Cary and I watched it all the way through.

"So, you guys are f-famous?" I asked.

"Yep." Louis said, popping the 'p'. "We had just gotten back from our European Tour and we stay either here or at home for the rest of the summer."

"When Mom said that we were starting a new life, she wasn't kidding." Cary said, looking at Niall. I nodded, still in a little bit of shock.

"Speaking of Mom, how is she?" I literally froze. He just had to ask that question.

"Umm... Well..." she started. Her stomach came to the rescue and growled right then. "God. I'm starving. Do you guys have any thing to eat?"

"You'll probably have to whatever Niall hasn't eaten yet, which isn't much." Zayn chuckled. I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Cary followed me and so did the boys.

"Nice sweatpants, Tess. You look really professional." Louis teased, full of sarcasm. I strutted around the kitchen like it was a fashion runway.

"Who needs to look nice when you're riding a ten hour plane ride." I retorted grabbing a bowl from the first cabinet I opened. I found some Lucky Charms, ironic, right? I searched the kitchen for a spoon but couldn't find one.

"Why can't I find a simple spoon in this house?" I was frustrated by now.

"Liam has a fear of spoons so we only have one for each of us. He requires that if there has to be spoons in the house that there has to be as few as possible. Ha, sucks for him because we have to add two more spoons." Niall explained. "We each have a different colored spoon, so you guys will have to chose a color other than green, purple, red, and blue."

"Well, since Cary and I don't have ours yet, I'll just borrow yours." I looked in the dishwasher to find a clean green spoon waiting for me. I grabbed it and poured milk onto my cereal. Mmm... delicious, fake, chemically food. A sudden thought popped into my head.

"Hey. Where am I sleeping?" I asked nobody in particular.

"I think yours is up the stairs, to the right, and third on the right....no wait, left... Here. Let me show you." Liam said. I walked back into the living room and grabbed my backpack and duffle bag. he grabbed my suitcase and laughed at it.

"What?!" I asked him.

"Nothing. I just think it's funny that you're Niall's sister and your bag is green." he chuckled more until he tried picking up my bag. "Omph! What did you pack?"

"I packed all of my clothes I had and my soaps and stuff. That's what is in that bag. In this one is pictures and books and crap like that." I said gesturing to my duffle. He hauled my suitcase upstairs and to my room. Niall opened his door that was right across the hall from mine.

"Oh. Hey, Tess. Here, let me get the door for you." he opened the door and I gasped when I saw the room. I dropped my duffle and backpack and jumped onto the queen sized bed.

My room was green and orange. They just happened to be my favorite colors. Just so ironic that they are the Irish colors, right? I had an orange dresser and a green desk. I noticed two doors in the corner. I opened the first to find a walk-in closet. I walked into it and squealed. I saw a door leading off of that. God. How big is my room?! It led into my bathroom that had a huge sink and mirror. It had another door leading off of it. Geez! That led back into my room.

I saw Liam and Niall sitting on my bed, smiling at me. I ran over to Niall and tackled him in a hug, knocking him off the bed. We hit the floor with a thud.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!" I squealed. He hugged me back tighter than I've ever been hugged before, well, not as tight as Louis' death hugs. I winced at the tightness around my middle.

"Tess?! Are you alright?! I didn't mean to hurt you! Are you ok?!" Niall said, loosening his grip from around me and laid me on the bed. I nodded but I could tell he didn't believe me. He poked the part of my stomach where he hugged me rather hard. I yelped and curled in to a ball with tears building up. He rolled me over and pulled my shirt up enough that he could see my bruised ribs.

---------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Again, long chapter. The cast is up. I tried putting pictures up but I can't tell on my computer if they are showing up. tell me if the are, please.

It does get a little better. i always end up accidentally forgetting about characters so please don't think i hate one of the boys if they aren't in the story for awhile, kay?

Luv yo lots!!!

mewnyc

Continue Reading