Chapter 3: And The Truth Comes Out

Chapter 3

***NIALL'S POV***

"Oh God. Tess...what happened?" I forgot that Liam was there. Tess looked scared out of her mind. I was freaking out. I really needed to know what this was all about.

"L-liam? Can you send Cary up here? We need to talk to Niall alone." she stuttered.

"Y-Yea. Sure." he said, snapping out of whatever trance he was in. He left me and Tess alone.

Cary came up not long after Liam left.

"Hey, Tess. What's u-" she stopped in her tracks and froze. She looked over the scene of me sitting on the bed next to Tess, who was just about in tears, with her shirt pulled up, showing all these scars and bruises. She ran over to us and started yelling at me.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?! WE HAVEN'T EVEN KNOWN YOU FOR ONE DAY AND YOU GO AROUND HURTING YOUR YOUNGER SISTER!!!" she cried in my face. I could see the tears forming in her eyes. Her eyes. They were full of anger and sadness.

"I was giving her a hug." I said, looking her straight in the eye.

"W-what?"

"I gave her a tight hug and she yelped in pain. I lifted up her shirt to see what I did to her and I found these scars and bruises already here." It pained me that my sister that I actually knew for awhile didn't trust me.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." she apologized. I gave her a hug and I felt her wince, too. She showed me scars and bruises on her stomach.

"How did you guys get these?" I said, gesturing to their stomachs. Cary sat down on the bed next to Tess and sighed. Cary and Tess had a conversation with their eyes before Cary spoke.

"W-when Mom and I moved from Ireland, she remarried to Lucas. Tess was born a month after they married. He b-beat me because I wouldn't accept him as our father. He would beat me at least three times a week, if not, more. Once Tess was about two, she didn't like him as a father, either. He started beating her." she took a breath and let a tear slide down her face.

"Lucas would always come home drunk and he would beat us. We didn't have anybody to turn to at school, either. We got decent grades and were bullied. Nobody liked us. I was ecstatic when I graduated, but I realized I would have to spend the whole day at home. I got a job at the grocery store and that was barely enough to get me and Tess by. Mom had plenty of money, but she didn't want to spend it on us." Tess was now crying freely and so was Cary. I was shocked and speechless.

"M-mom didn't do ANYTHING to stop it, though. She said she was afraid he'd hurt her, too. She was selfish and let us take EIGHTEEN YEARS of beating so that she wouldn't get hurt. EIGHTEEN YEARS!!!" That's when Cary completely lost it. She collapsed to the ground and sobbed. I wrapped her in a hug and picked her up onto the bed. I wrapped my left arm around Tess and my right arm around Cary.

"That doesn't explain why you never had access to the outside world." I said as gently as I could. I needed to know.

"He only let us have a TV and that had restrictions on it. We weren't allowed a computer or phone because he thought we would t-tell about him beating us." Tess said. This was the first time she talked now. "Please don't tell." she looked at me in a way that would make your heart break into a million pieces.

"I'm going to have to tell the boys and we're going to have to take you guys to the hospital. Your ribs and stomachs have taken a huge hit and we need to make sure they aren't broken." I said, soothingly rubbing circles into their backs.

"NO! We can't go to the hospital! They'll tell the police!" Tess cried, jumping out of my arms. She yelled really loud, too.

"Hey...what's going on?" Louis said peeking inside the door. "What happened?!" he ran over to the bed and sat down next to Tess. The rest of the boys came in and sat on the ground.

"Nothing." Cary mumbled. "Nothing at all." she wiped her tears away and sniffed.

"Cary, we aren't stupid. Just tell us what happened." Zayn said to her. Cary looked at me as if asking me to explain. I took a breath and explained to them.

"Apparently, when our mother left Ireland, she was pregnant with Tess. She had remarried to some alcoholic a*shole named Lucas. Cary wouldn't accept him as a father so he beat her. When Tess was old enough, she didn't accept him, either. He beat both of them." I explained the rest to them and they all looked like they watched somebody murder a puppy. Their faces were kinda adorab- Focus, Niall!

"Now, about you guys," I said turning to face Tess and Cary. "We need to take you guys to a hospital right now. I don't care if they tell the police, in fact, they should tell the police about what Lucas has done to you. As your older brother I have to do this and help you-"

"Woah, Nialler! When did you get so serious?" Louis joked. Liam hit him in the side and muttered a 'Not the time, Lou.'

"Thanks. Now get your shoes. We are going to the hospital. Lou, can you drive us?" I took the role of Daddy Direction and got everybody downstairs and in the van.

"Yep. St. Josephine Hospital?" (A/N: I just made up a hospital name) Louis asked.

"Just whatever is closest." Harry said. And with that we drove of to the hospital.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am SO SO SO SO SO SO sorry for making u guys wait. I know that this is really short but it explains stuff (kinda) and its just a filler chapter cuz its been a REALLY LONG time since I updated.

Your forever fantabulous person,

mewnyc