age gap | camilo madrigal

By amaichu

camilo madrigal x reader [ art cover by @yungkow1602 ] "why are you obsessed with older men it's creeping me... More

chapter 1: a trip to encanto
chapter 2: boy in yellow
chapter 3: the madrigal family
chapter 4: pretty dress
chapter 5: pèrez abode
chapter 7: a place to call home
chapter 8: funeral director dylan

chapter 6: bruno's vision

958 25 44
By amaichu

"Follow me to my room" He mumbled and you did what he asked. His room was next to Julieta's and Pepa's. He twisted his doorknob and slowly opened the door.

"Come in" He said and gave you a smile. You gulped, a little intimidated by his room, but gave a smile back. You entered and there was sand everywhere. I meant like, everywhere.

"Okay, I haven't prepared for bed yet so I have all the stuff here.. we don't have to climb the stairs heh" He awkwardly said and motioned you to sit down on the sand.

Both of you sat down. You kept your eyes open as he did his little ritual.

"You should hold on" You heard him say as he motioned his hands for you to take. You didn't question it and just grabbed his hand and nodded.

His eyes glowed and the sand around the both of you started swirling. It started floating and immediately surrounded the both of you. You were shocked and mesmerized by what was happening.

It felt a little hot but at the same time very windy, you just hope that sand won't go to your eyes.

Bruno squinted his eyes and tried looking for an image or anything at all, but for some reason, nothing was showing up. "T-this can't be, I can't see anything!" Bruno shouted.

"Yeah, me too! I can't see a single thing! What are we even supposed to look at? pleugh I got sand on my mouth" You screamed back.

15 seconds have passed and not a single figure has showed up. The sand swirling had died down and Bruno's eyes stopped glowing. A clank can be heard, and below the both of you showed a green rectangular glass pane.

"What's that?" You asked.

"That's where the vision's supposed to be! but- but there's nothing on it!" Bruno answered, picking up the glass pane and showing it to you.

"I-Is that a bad thing?" You worriedly asked and started to fidget with your hands. Bruno shook his head. "No-! Not at all! Just surprising.." He started tilting the glass pane in different directions, "It's just.. this never happened before"

You took the glass pane from his hands and observed it. There really was nothing on it. Bruno sighed, "This is my first time getting a blank vision, I'm sorry–"

"No no! don't apologize! It's completely fine I'm sure I'll find another way" You reassured, gently rubbing your eyes. "Atleast we tried right? Thank you so much .. Tio Bruno"

Bruno exhaled and bit his lip. "Yes, you're right" He said and gave you a small smile. You smiled back and started walking to his door, him following you.

"If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask any of us" Bruno added.

"Of course, thanks" You replied, leaving his room. You sighed and held the glass close to you. You suddenly felt pain in your left eye.

You rubbed it using your right hand, which was a dumb thing to do because it was already itching and rubbing it made it worse.

"Ow..." You whimpered, slowly placing down the glass pane on the floor while still rubbing your eye. You were about to stand up but someone stumbled on your crouching figure.

"tf- are you crying??" You heard Camilo utter.

You quickly stood up and dusted yourself off, hand still on your eye. "No! I wasn't, sand went on my eye and I kinda made it worse by rubbing it and now it hurts really bad"

Camilo just stared at you with his mouth slightly opened. "I- .. I'm gonna go now, if you need anything from me, I'm in Mirabel's room" You told him. Camilo sighed and just grabbed your wrist.

"H-hey! Where are you taking me?!" You exclaimed.
"i was just going to ask my mom about my missing belt but since you're a dumbass and i feel bad for your eyes, you're coming with me, she has eyedrops" He replied.

"Jeez atleast tell me first or something, not just grabbing and forcefully dragging me" You murmured but loud enough for him to hear. "Also can't I just eat Tia Julieta's food? I'm sure there's some leftovers–"

"no way, those are mine plus your eye's condition isn't something eyedrops can't fix" He stated, Wow what a selfish jerk

Both of you stopped at Pepa's room. Camilo knocked, "Mami can we come in?"

"We?" A masculine voice questioned. The door opened and it revealed Pepa and Felix.

"Oh! It's y/n, what brings you two here?" Pepa asked, letting you both enter. Camilo slumped on one of the chairs and let you do all the explaining. You eyed him but quickly faced Pepa. Felix went up to Camilo and they talked about something, probably about his missing belt.

"Ahh, Tia Pepa.. do you have some eyedrops? My eye caught some sand and it's irritated right now" You asked.

"Of course!" She went to one of her drawers and took the eyedrops out. She motioned for you to sit down on their shared bed as she took the eyedrops' cap off. Gently holding your face, the eyedrops made contact with your eyes.

You blinked and your eyes started to get better!

"Thank you Tia Pepa!" You then turned to Camilo and asked him if he was done, he gave you a thumbs up. You thanked Felix and Pepa and left the room with Camilo.

"Hey Camilo, weird question but what are the leftovers"
"there's calamares and arepa con-"

You didn't let him finish and just quickly dashed downstairs. Camilo's brain stopped for a moment before realizing you were about to ravish HIS food.
He didn't waste any time and immediately ran after you, slowly chanting prayers that you haven't devoured any of the leftovers yet.

He made it to the kitchen and his eyes widened at the sight. You've already finished the calamares and there were only two arepas left! How did she even manage to finish that in such a short time?! Camilo thought to himself.

You were holding one arepa on your left hand while munching on the other one. You saw him at the kitchen entrance and quickly started munching faster.

He went up to grab the arepa on your hand but you quickly dodged it, raising your hand higher and further from him. You finished your first arepa and bit your second one. He took this chance to snatch it from you.

"Bro!!! I literally bit that already!" You said, annoyed.
"ok and? you ate everything! you- how did you even–" Camilo said, gobbling up the arepa.

"I don't see the problem–"

RUMBLE

Ohhh

You glanced at the boy in front of you and saw him sulking. He sat down on one of the island table's chairs.

"My bad! I didn't know you were still hungry" You said, sitting down beside him. He didn't say anything and just turned to the side. This surprised you and left your mouth agape.

You started poking him in different parts of his body.
"Hey" You poked his back, "Camiloo" You tapped his shoulders, "Heeeeyy" You exclaimed and started poking the back of his head. "Caa! mii! loooo!!!" You exaggerated.

All that and not a single reply. You sighed and plopped down back on the chair. Your tummy was satisfied but you did kinda feel bad. You placed your elbows on the island table and rested your palms on the frame of your face.

You sighed and let your eyes wander around their kitchen. It was very cute and homey. It did look a lot unique from all the kitchens you've been to.

Your eyes landed on a carton of eggs. You then thought of an idea. You shot up from your seat and went to get two eggs. Camilo turned his head to look at you but quickly snapped back when you turned around.

"I'll cook eggs for you, also do you guys not have any stocked snacks or anything here" You asked him a rhetorical question, looking through their kitchen drawers and fridge. "Nothing huh, they're all ingredients"

You grabbed some butter from the fridge and placed it on top of the table. You then prepared a pan and lit the stove for it to heat.

I hope they don't mind that I'm cooking something, it's for their dear Camilo Madrigal anyway, You thought and started to fry the eggs.

After frying, you placed the eggs on a plate. You exhaled proudly and slid the plate towards him. His head turned to your figure and he squinted his eyes. You gave him a fork and he started eating.

You leaned on the table, resting your head on your hand and watched him eat. He finished eating but he still had a frown on his face.

"A smile and thank you would be nice" You told him.
"what am i supposed to smile about" He objected, his voice slightly mocking you. Your eye slightly twitched.

"Damn why are you such a pig!" You exclaimed and pointed at him. He had an offended look on his face and stood up. "maybe if we ate lunch earlier then i wouldn't be this starving right now!" He responded.

"We didn't eat lunch earlier? I didn't notice" You said, making him scoff. "Also how is that my fault??" You added.

He didn't say anything and just crossed his arms. Attitude You grumbled and crossed your arms as well. You glanced at the clock, 8:24pm. Then an idea popped into your head.

You slammed your hand on the table, startling Camilo. "what?" He asked while you gave him a big grin.

"Let's eat outside!"

———

"Yep, I'm sure there's still food stalls open at this time!" You told Camilo in an optimistic tone as the both of you walked towards the town square.

You tried grabbing something from your side but you suddenly remembered that you didn't have pockets and you were wearing a dress instead of pants.

You were supposed to check the time on your phone.

"Ugh I left my phone at Mirabel's room" You cried, softly bumping Camilo's side. "This is your fault"

Camilo rolled his eyes and looked up to the sky. He observed the moon and thought to himself, "It's 8:41pm" He said.

"Woa what you can tell the time by just looking at the moon?"
"No I just made that up" You groaned while he snickered.

The breeze of the evening night was refreshing. Half of the town shops are already closed and only the lighting from the street lights are guiding the two of you. Some of the townsfolk were still wandering around but most of them had already gone home.

"You know, I'm kinda enjoying this blast from the past typa trip, I don't have to worry about my studies nor anything at all!" You told Camilo. "uh huh that's great and all but where is the place you said, we've been walking in circles my stomach is going to kill me"

"We are?? But I'm pretty sure we're going in the right way! Let's try this street, I'm 100% positive it's there" You assured him. The two of you got to where some stalls were but just your luck, they were already closed.

You nervously chuckled and motioned him to keep walking, "they're all closed–"

"We aren't there yet!" You cut him off. I swear I saw a sign earlier that said open until 6am somewhere over here, where is it!

You turned your head and tada! There it is! You didn't know what type of shop it was but it had a menu so you assumed they sell food. "Camilo over there! You'll treat me, right?"

Comida Tomar, is what the shop's name is. The two of you entered and there were a good amount of people inside. From the looks of it, mostly merchants and traders.

"wow y/n, and here i thought you were lying"
"Pffsh of course! Why would I lie to the one and only Camilo Madrigal?"

You both sat down on one of the vacant tables and a waiter came up to you. They gave the two of you menus, "Just motion for me to come over when you're ready to order" They softly said.

You nodded and proceeded to look at the menu. Camilo scanned the menu and was ready to order. He was about to call for the waiter but you quickly stopped him from doing so.
"Wait, I'm not done looking!"

They're selling different types of food, ranging from appetizers to full course meals. You were still kinda full from eating Camilo's food so you decided to just order a sorbet. The waiter came and took your order.

"Now that I think about it, we haven't told anyone that we left" You mentioned to Camilo. He shrugged and stretched his back. "we're 18 already, we can do stuff on our own now, they won't mind"

"Now, what's a gorgeous gal doing here late at night?" A voice hiccuped, you turned and saw a man obviously wasted from the drink he's holding. He sat beside you and started to talk in a slurring manner.

"hey, leave the lady alone" Camilo asserted, making you and the drunk man look at him. The man cackled and placed his drink on top of the table while using his vacant hand to bang on the table.

"Camilo it's alright I can handle this, sir may you please–"
"Wait, Camilo? Camilo Madrigal? From the Madrigal family? Magic?"

The man stopped cackling and suddenly started apologizing to Camilo, he got up from his seat, bowed and left. Camilo and you were dumbfounded, shocked and stared at each other for a while. The two of you stifled a giggle but it broke into a fit of laughter.

The laughter had died down and your orders had came, "What the hell was that?" You said, eating a spoonful of your sorbet.

"i don't know but it was funny, he didn't look like a local too, i don't recognize him" He chuckled. "in fact, i've never been in this place before"

You grabbed the menu and showed him something. "I mean, it does say here it only opens from 8pm to 6am"

"figures" He shrugged.

You finished your sorbet and waited for him to finish his meal. You were fidgeting with the spoon when your bowel movement suddenly contracted. Nature's calling.

"I have to go to the bathroom" You told Camilo and quickly scurried to the restroom to do your thing. You asked the employees where it was and they pointed outside. You ran, not being able to contain your feces.

After your battle in the restroom, you sighed in relief and washed your hands with soap. You look at yourself in the mirror and you suddenly feel odd. A week ago you were just worrying about your finals and now you're living in a completely different reality.

What is this? What happened? Will you come back home? You wonder how things are going in your original timeline, have time stopped for them or did you just randomly disappear and things went normal like nothing happened.

If you traveled back in time then, would you still exist in the future? Do you exist right now?

You shook your head and splashed your face with water. Answers will come to me soon, I just.. I just need to be patient You exhaled and fixed yourself, combing strands of your hair.

You got out of the bathroom and inhaled the fresh air. Feeling refreshed, you went back inside. You saw Camilo paying for the food so you just decided to wait for him at the entrance slash exit.

He thanked the employees and came up to you. You noticed he was holding a paper bag. Curious, you asked him what was inside.

He took out a folding fan from the paper bag and softly bonked your head with it. "Some merchants were literally begging for me to buy their stuff and wouldn't leave me alone to enjoy my food"

"you can have it if you want"

Taking the fan from his hands, you observed the thing. It was coloured a carnation pink and had floral patterns on it. Camilo noticed how your eyes lit up and involuntary, his lips curved upwards.

"Thanks Camilo! you wanna head back to– wait, what time is it anyway– 11:34PM?!" You screeched making everyone look at you. You let out an awkward laugh, telling everyone it's okay and to proceed whatever they were doing.

You turned your head to an amused Camilo. You grabbed his hand and continued to speed walk out of the shop. "Your family must be worried, you know?"

"it's fine, I told Dolores already"
"What how!"
"She has enhanced hearing remember, I just say something into the void and she'd hear it" Ohhh right, I forgot half of them had powers

You squint your eyes at him. "You sure?"
"yep"

"Hmmm, oka– Camilo look!" Your eyes caught something. It was a huge playground! You stopped holding his hand, which you didn't notice holding the whole time, and quickly ran up to the play area.

"I've never seen a playground this big before! I'm going up that swirly slide brb" You told Camilo, a huge grin plastered on your face as you climbed the slide's ladder.

"i go here everyday! i babysit children" Camilo exclaimed, placing the paper bag he's holding down.

"You what??" You asked from the top of the slide. You fixed your dress and sat on it. You looked down to see Camilo giving you a thumbs up. This slide was pretty tall, you didn't know why they'd allow children to slide down here but you weren't complaining.

You slid down, a little slower than you expected, and reached the bottom. Lightly tumbling, Camilo got a hold of you. "how was it"

"Eh, could have been faster if I were wearing shorts"

This went on for a while, the two of you trying out different playground equipment. Spinning on the merry-go-round, Camilo giving you heart attacks by purposely staying on the bottom with the seesaw and pushing each other playfully on the trampoline.

"I've only met you days ago but I'm having so much fun!" You screamed. "yeah! i'm glad i locked you up in that cage or you'd probably be with Mirabel right now!" He screamed back. You gave a forced grin and smacked his back.

When the both of you got tired, you decided to sit on the swing. "I wish I could have bought my phone, It'll be nice to document this" You said, slightly swinging. Camilo looked liked he remembered something and got up. He came back with the paper bag he'd been holding earlier.

"i actually forgot to give this earlier with the fan but here" He handed you a woolen sling bag that looked handmade. You took it, mouth agape. "This looks really pretty! but why did you get it for me– did it come with the fan?!"

Camilo sat back down on the swing. He didn't know why he bought it for you, the merchants didn't even bother him. He just saw it dangling from one of the merchant's bags of goods and the colour reminded him of your dress. He didn't know why, he just wanted to.

"you said you didn't have pockets to put your phone in soooo" He shrugged.
"You're right! I'll treasure this forever, I'll repay you back!"

Putting over the woolen sling bag around your head and placing the sling on your shoulders, you smiled to yourself. It had the same design and pattern as the folding fan. You got up and faced him.

"I think it's time for us to go home"

The trip home didn't take long since the way was familiar already. You slightly bump him in the side again, gripping on the sling of the bag.

"Thanks again, I.. I mean it too" You gave him a warm smile.

"I'm taking a shower first though, you take too long"

———
notes;

sorry this took me long but it's here!! i cant wait to dig in how y/n and camilo's relationship would develop! i hope you guys enjoyed today's chapter ( ◠‿◠ )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 13.7K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
624K 31.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
422K 8.8K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
103K 3.7K 81
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...