Fated, We'll be Mated [✔]

By GreiGigglypuff

A continuation of Sniff No, Sniff Yes! fic from my KongArt Week book. They've established that they are fate... More

Chapter 1 - I Have a Mate!
Chapter 2 - he's mine!
Chapter 3 - this ain't a tragedy!
Chapter 4 - I said, this ain't a tragedy!
Chapter 5 - i hate you!
Chapter 6 - i-i... i love you...
Chapter 8- That's my mate!
Chapter 9 - for our future...
Chapter 10 - Checkmate!
Chapter 11 - lioness on the prowl
Chapter 12 - Despair
Chapter 13 - touch him, I dare you
Chapter 14 - Surrender and I'll be Gentle
Chapter 15 - i surrender
Chapter 16 - There is no curse more distorted than love
Chapter 17 - Lights will guide you home
Chapter 18 - if you never try, you'll never know
Chapter 19 - Forever, Finally

Chapter 7 - this ain't a tragedy, pinky swear

621 57 8
By GreiGigglypuff

A short update.

--_--

Arthit's POV

I received a text message from P'Tum telling me to meet up with him later in the day. I told him that I was available at four onwards. He set the meeting place and time before I returned my phone on my jeans' pocket and continued my hunt for reference books.

I was currently at the library along with the gang, doing our individual researches. As usual, Bright and Tutah were cramming while Prem, Knot and I just needed some more references for a more compelling conclusion. I knew that after we've finished ours, the other two would be nagging us to help them, so I also got some of the reference materials for them.

"Oh, P'. Sawasdee kha," someone said from my side. I turned my head to see a few of my juniors standing there. I smiled neutrally towards them, noting the docile postures of the ones with the alpha female. My eyes caught sight of the other alpha among them, and I carefully maintained my neutral expression upon seeing her among them.

"Sawasdee, nong. Research?" I asked Prae.

My boyfriend's and my friend group had started to mingle with one another, with me and Kong, and surprisingly, Wad and Prem, too, being the bridge between us. Seeing this, the other first years had started to ease up around their seniors too, but most of them avoided our particular group still. It might due to the fact that I hang out with them, being a high alpha and all.

I couldn't care less. I actually enjoyed the peace and quiet of being feared. Wait, that sounded a bit sociopathic... Eh.

But sometimes, the way they would avoid me at all cost irked me and I had to learn to brush those off my shoulders, not letting myself get affected too much.

"Yes, P'. Professor gave us unique topics for each group so we're here for that. I've learned early on during the semester that they prefer the ones from the book rather than the ones from the internet."

"Oh yeah. But you shouldn't also discard the ones from the internet. They can be used to support your cases still. Just that, you have to be pickier about your sources. They also check the citations so you have to be aware of those."

"Oh, right! Thanks for reminding me P'. I'll be sure to jot down the details beforehand."

"No problem. I'll be going now. Knot and Prem are probably ready to kill the other two by now," I told her with a roll of my eyes. I looked at the other juniors, who looked at us with barely concealed wonderment, and nodded my head towards them.

"Bye P'! Kong is with the guys, by the way. They're his groupmates," she told me nonchalantly.

"I-I didn't ask for him!" I spluttered.

"Oh, I just thought to tell you. Just in case you go looking for him."

"There's this thing you call a phone, nong," I deadpanned, even waving my own phone in front of her.

"Well, now you don't need to call him."

"Goodbye, nong," I said with a roll of my eyes and a small smile.

As I trudged away from their group, I heard furious whisperings and a light chuckle. Another thing that changed after the gear giving ceremony was that, Kong and I had been more open about our relationship to the public. By that, I meant we no longer hide it to everybody that we meet up and spend time together without the fighting that we usually displayed during the hazing activities. We didn't bother to announce it to the whole campus though, nor were we overly sweet with one another. We just let others speculate with regards to the nature of our relationship. And speculate they did.

Our seniors and co-codes weren't kidding when they talked about the Campus Couple Page of SSU in social media. It really did exist and Kong and I were one of the hottest topics due to our unknown relationship status. We've garnered quite the following and it explained the unsubtle glances and even the shutter clicks whenever he or I pass by. They were even worse whenever I was together with him, even when we were with friends. It was as if we were celebrities and they were the paparazzi.

Of course, it got annoying sometimes and my scowl and growl deterred them most of the times. But sometimes, there were those brave (and arguably stupid) souls who would blatantly snap some photos with their cameras or phones. I got reprimanded when I broke one camera when that person invaded my mate's personal space, going so far as asking invasive questions non-stop while Kong was clearly very uncomfortable about the situation.

Ever since I went berserk with the guy though, the "paparazzi" situation became less intense, people staying at a safe distance from us. As much as I would've liked to keep to ourselves, I had to deal, because I couldn't very well march up to them and break everyone else's phone or camera. The warning I've received for the equipment I broke was enough incentive to deter me from doing so. And Kong's warning, of course.

Pictures of us still circulated and I think we've garnered fans of our own. Kong and I would have fun sometimes, reading the most ridiculous theories about us online. There was even one claiming I was paying Kongpob to be with me. Like, excuse me? Omegas were clamoring to be with me, why would I pay someone just to pretend to be my boyfriend or something?

And don't get me started on all the stories that people created. Not the gossip stories. No. I was talking about the fanfictions. I found out about it when Kong had been way too engrossed in reading one that he didn't even notice me sneaking up behind him. He wasn't the one with the defective sense of smell, yet he still jumped in the air when I expressed my indignation at reading something... like... that... Gaaah! Just the mere thought of was making me blush.

(Maybe I could ask him sometime to wear something like that...)

I shook my head to rid of those, aherm, less than innocent thoughts. I hastened my pace towards our table and I found, to my delight, a certain omega that had been plaguing my mind just a few moments ago. He was chatting amicably with my friends, smiling that gorgeous smile of his that I always loved to taste. Would I get kicked out of the library if I kissed him senselessly right now? Hmm, better not push my luck today.

I moved stealthily across the floor, careful to approach from his back all the time. Even though the chances of him not being aware of my presence when I entered the one-meter proximity from him were slim, I still loved to surprise him like this. When I was right behind him, I bent down so that my mouth was right beside his ear.

"Hey. How you doing? What's a gorgeous man like you doing here?" I asked huskily.

See what I meant? He didn't even flinch, and was, most likely, already alerted to my presence with my strong alpha scent. Instead, he slowly turned towards me and looked up at me through his lashes, knowing full well how I loved him looking at me like that.

"Definitely not to flirt," his answer was cheeky and his equally husky and smooth voice said otherwise.

I put the books down on the table before I could even injure myself if my hold on them went lax. I raised an eyebrow at him as I took the seat beside him.

"I came here to ask you about our research. I was hoping that you could provide some insight about it," he told us sweetly.

That was a lie. He was pretty independent and smart, and with that, he rarely asked for help. He only asked for help from me, and that was because he just wanted to spend time with me. Somebody snorted.

"You just came here to check in with your 'wifey'," Prem grumbled.

Kongpob blushed cutely, lowering his head in embarrassment. I caught on the small smile on his lips though. Freaking adorable.

"Stop it, guys. He was legitimately asking about reference materials," Knot chided them. I remembered about P'Tum's message so I informed him about it.

"Hey. P'Tum's called me just a while ago. We'll meet later on. Wanna come with?" I murmured on his ear. I saw him shiver, and I smirked at the effect I had on him. Unable to stop myself, I invaded his space further and bit the red ear lightly.

"P'..." he called out warningly. I chuckled as I leaned away from him and began to distribute the books I got for two of my friends.

"So, what do you say?" I asked him nonchalantly.

"Why are you meeting P'Tum again?"

"Because of the investigation?" I whispered.

"Oh! Right. Well, what time are you meeting with him? I have class until five."

"Seven. We're meeting for dinner."

"Right. Okay. Uhm, I think I can do that. I don't have unfinished research works lying around, I think... Except for the group one, but it isn't due until next week."

"Okay, great. I'll wait for you at your dorm."

My friends, upon hearing this, began to tease us, making comments packed with innuendos and dirty jokes, earning us several glares and severe shushing noises from the other tables.

"Shut it, all of you. Do you want us to get kicked out of the library, huh?" I whisper-shouted. Thankfully, they all sobered up after that, if you didn't count the occasional giggle.

"Then... I'm gonna go, P'. I'll go find the reference books P'Knot and P'Prem recommended," Kong said afterwards. He bid farewell to the others as well, as he stood up from his seat.

"I'll see you later."

"See you later, P'."

--_--

We entered the private room that P'Tum had booked for us in a restaurant that I was pretty sure was owned by his family. We were technically on the private area of the building, the restaurant being built to have a residential part, to have somewhere to crash in whenever someone from their family needed to.

"Sawasdee khap, P'Tum," I greeted him, Kongpob following suit.

"Sawasdee, N'Arthit... and N'Kongpob?" P'Tum looked questioningly at me. I nodded at him as we took our seats. He left it at that for the meantime, even though there was still a question in his eyes.

"What would you like to order?" he asked, handing us the menu. Kong and I browsed the menu for a minute then put on our orders to the waiting waiter.

"So..." P'Tum said after the waiter had left.

"He's involved in all this, P', because he's the heir to the company I asked you to investigate," I answered his unasked question. Understanding dawned on his face, nodding slowly before his expression turned grim.

"Nong, I'm sorry to say this but, we have evidences that several of your board members had a deal with our person of interest. Khun Dax gained their trusts and my source within the company told me that they're planning something big on the next quarterly board members meeting."

"That's less than two months from now," Kong murmured. He leaned back on his seat, seemingly deep in thought.

"So, what else have you got, P'?" I asked.

"Khun Dax's company is worse off than what you thought originally," P'Tum replied, rummaging through his bag and then pulled out a slightly thick folder.

"Here. These are the actual records that I had managed to dig up. He also had several cases of harassment that he had managed to sweep under the rug." He presented another folder, a thicker one, to us.

"What kind of harassment are we talking about, P'?" I asked.

"Sexual and bullying. He has five cases filed against him for both accounts. Who knows how may he really bullied."

"Wow. That's already a lot. I only thought about two cases."

"Yeah, and that's not all. He fired competent people just because they committed a minor mistake once. He's not fit to be a boss, if I say so myself."

I looked at him grimly, already briefed beforehand of his unsavory business etiquette.

"I want him gone from the company. Even those who conspired against us," Kongpob said quietly, but firmly beside me.

P'Tum and I both looked at the previously silent male and saw the conviction in his eyes. P'Tum raised an eyebrow, glancing at me to see my reaction quickly before addressing the younger again.

"Kicking K'Dax from the company would be easier than kicking out those who opposed the current management. They are founding members, you should take that into consideration."

I watched Kongpob silently as his expression turned sour, clearly unhappy about this. I reached out a comforting hand and laid it on his knee, rubbing my thumb on the clothed skin soothingly. After a while, he slumped on his seat, like a marionette with its strings abruptly cut.

"What we can do is to put pressure on them to stop their moves against your parents. The company had prospered under the Suthilucks' leadership, you can't take that lightly."

"But P', lately, Mae and Por had been losing on several bid accounts to other companies. I think most of the board are now doubting their leadership, even those who aren't conniving with that bastard."

"I... didn't know about this?" I told him, shocked about this new development. "I... Where did you learn this from?"

"P'Thun."

"He can be trusted... right?" I asked him uncertainly, not wanting to offend him.

"Thun... Thun Tanaka Pawin-siwat?" asked P'Tum, recognition lighting his eyes. I turned to look at Kong.

"Yes, P'. How do you know P'Thun?"

"Well, he's my cousin actually. He's one of my informants from your company. Ugh, why didn't he tell me about these lost accounts? I need to dig deeper into this. My gut is telling me that the opposition have something to do with this," the senior whined out.

Just then, the waiter came out with our food. All talks about the company were put into a halt as we dug in. the conversation turned into the inquiry about our real relationship status, and since it was P'Tum, I decided to tell him the truth, making him guffaw.

"My hunch is spot on! Seriously, that video says it all," he said in between chuckles.

"Oh yeah? What could've possibly given it away, P'?" I asked sarcastically.

"Your red eyes," he answered anyway, flashing a shit-eating grin our way.

My boyfriend choked on his food, making him cough uncontrollably as he tried to drink water. I patted his back worriedly as he struggled to stop his coughing fit. When he was finally okay, he turned with watery eyes towards our senior and exclaimed,

"You saw his red eyes, P'?"

"Well, yeah. It was barely a second and the resolution of the video was bad, but it's still there. Unmistakable."

"Oh... Then you have sharp senses, P'," Kong answered in wonder. The older just smiled.

P'Tum continued to tease us, telling us how weird and entertaining our courtship had been. Of course, he made me the center of his teasing while Kong just laughed beside me. He would also tease Kong, but the latter was quite immune to this already. Probably because our friends loved to tease the both of us.

The meeting turned serious again after dinner.

"I'll investigate then compile the evidences from these bids for you, alright? In the meantime, you can present these to your future in-laws." Well, not so serious because he just loved to tease me, and now, Kong too.

"Thanks, P'," I said with a glare.

With that, the meeting concluded, still on a positive note because all was not lost. It was actually turning up good and if we timed it right, we could remove the diseased part of the company and the parasite itself. In order for us to win and ensure that there wouldn't be a repeat of what happened right now, we needed to crush them, the oppositions. It wasn't rainbows and butterflies; it was a goddamn game of thrones, without the literal beheading and stuff.

Easy right?

--_--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 851 25
THIS IS A FANFIC! JUST MY CRAZY IMAGINATION. Nope none of it real. With that being clear lets proceed. Kongpob and Arthit broke up 4 years ago. Kongp...
15.3K 1.1K 12
👉 COMPLETED 👈 In a world dominated by Alphas, Omegas were treated as "things to belong". Omegas doesn't really have their free will, married off...
132K 7.3K 42
Sometimes you just need someone besides you, for you to do that one thing which would add meaning to your life. That someone can be an unexpected som...
131K 6.7K 16
AU: Alpha-Omega universe. Claimed Omegas can get pregnant. Kongpob is Arthit's Alpha. Arthit is Kongpob's Omega. So why isn't Kongpob claiming what...