Shade Of Love

Faithskyyx96 द्वारा

**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on t... अधिक

1 | The Meet
2 | Until Next Time
3 | Plans
4 | The Beach Day
5 | History
6 | Reality
7 | Me & You
8 | The Aftermath
9 | Therapy
10 | The Weekend
11 | The Weekend Part II
12 | The Weekend Part III
13 | Let's Be Real
14 | Into The Deep
15 | Sinderella
16 | The Rift
17 | Pick A Side
18 | Home To Mama
19 | Heartbreak
20 | Sextasy
21 | I Think I Love You
22 | Reunited
23 | Anita
24 | Secrets
25 | Monday
26 | Sensuality
27 | Unforgettable
28 | There Will Be Drama Part I
29 | There Will Be Drama Part II
30 | Time
31 | No Games
32 | Business
33 | Accountability
34 | The Truth
35 | Girls' Night
36 | Purpose
37 | Scarlett
38 | Warning
39 | The Impossible
40 | Maybe Baby
41 | Confirmation
42 | Final Warning
43 | Safer
44 | Irreplaceable
45 | Panic
46 | Big Moment
47 | Spill The Beans
48 | Exposed
49 | Path
50 | Trouble
51 | Home
52 | Let's Get Married .. Part 1
53 | Let's Get Married .. Part 2
54 | That Time Of Year
55 | Merry Christmas
56 | Loose Ends
57 | Questions
59 | At Last
New Book

58 | Karma

1.1K 55 18
Faithskyyx96 द्वारा

Chapter 58 : Karma

Omar's POV

"Where does he hang out?," I asked, angrily.

"I don't even know man. I just know he always seemed to stalk her. So I don't think he would be too far from where she used to be at," Trev replied.

It made sense. He wouldn't have known where she moved, from what I knew he wouldn't have even known she was pregnant. Last time he saw her was before we beat his ass at the engagement party.

"I'm having some weird thoughts about this. What if he shot me?," I asked.

"He shouldn't have missed. That was his worst mistake. We're gonna get him."

I continued driving towards our old complex and pulled into a parking spot near the front gate next to the community clubhouse. I stepped out and Trev grabbed his gun from the glove compartment. He had put on gloves, which led me to believe he was going to try to handle this on his own.

I don't know or care how this dude was still walking around breathing but that couldn't continue. I took things very seriously when it came down to the safety of my family. Faith and my daughter had become that.

I strolled towards her old apartment and started to chuckle as all of our memories came rolling back in. I hadn't known when I met her that I'd manage to run into her again and end up creating a whole life with her. It was still a shock to me.

"I got a couple clients that throw parties over here, one of my homeboys is actually throwing one tonight for the new year so we can probably find him or get a hit on where he's at these days," Trev implied.

"Sounds good to me."

I followed closely as we approached a building towards the back of the complex, it overlooked the dumpster which was the first place I saw Faith in the complex. I smirked.

Trev knocked on the door and it flung open. Loud music blared from speakers within the apartment.

"Yoooo Trev my man! What's up buddy I thought you was booked today for your own activities man," a younger white guy slurred.

"Plans changed a bit. We good to come in?"

"Duh bro. Mi casa is tu casa!"

I laughed quietly and gave Trev a "WTF" look as we made our way into the party. Led lights in all different colors covered the apartment as loud rap music blared from the speakers which were a lot louder now that we were inside.

"Ooh you so fine, you married," a petite woman slurred stumbling towards me.

"I'm locked in with a daughter on the way, my buddy here is married. Wrong way sweetheart," I politely responded.

She gave me a utter shock look. I guess faithful men weren't as common when it came down to parties. We were only here for one reason and it wasn't any women.

"I don't miss those days man. I don't know if I'm just a simp or some shit but if it isn't my wife I don't care for it," Trev laughed.

"I'm not married yet but I share that same view."

Mark the host walked back over to us with drinks in his hand. We accepted them but didn't take a sip at all.

"So what's up guys y'all need anything?," he asked.

"You seen this guy at all anywhere around?," Trev asked him, showing a picture of the flier we had seen at the store.

"Jax! It's been a minute man but one of his chicks was here not too long ago she might still be around," he replied.

"How does she look?," I asked.

He squinted his eyes and began looking around the living room. He pointed at a darker skinned girl dancing with a group of women.

I gave him a pay on the shoulder and moved in closer to the woman. She looked like a younger girl that was somewhat pure, similar to Faith. If he wasn't handled she would be hurt next.

"Excuse me, I'm Omar. You are?," I asked her.

"Not interested," she replied smugly.

"I'm not either. Just need to see if you could help me and my bro here find someone you might know."

Trev flashed the phone towards her and her eyes widened.

"Missing? He's not missing. He's my boyfriend and he lives with me he's home right now not feeling well," she replied.

"Me and him go way back. I lost his number and seen the flier and got so scared," Trev lied.

I looked at him with a bit of confusion at first then realized the route he was taking with this. I stayed silent and decided to see how it turned out.

"He's fine. I'm actually about to get out of here and head home, do you want to come by and see him?," she asked.

Trev nodded quickly and gave a fake sad face in her direction as she went to grab her purse and keys.

"We'll follow behind you if that's cool," I informed her.

"That's fine I live in the next building over. Surprised he hasn't popped up yet he's always so protective."

If only she knew.

We walked behind her far back enough to have a quiet quick talk.

"How are we doing this?," I asked.

"We gonna just rush his ass, fuck it."

I shrugged my shoulders and nodded.

When we got to her door she unlocked it and invited us in. She had been successfully convinced that we were only checking on him as friends, Trev had done well.

"Hey bae I was just about to—," Jax said, stopping dead in his tracks as he turned around from the couch and seen us.

"What's up man, looks like you seen a ghost," I laughed.

"Um. Teresa can you go in the room baby, please," he asked her.

"Sure I'm gonna shower anyway. Nice meeting you guys," she shouted, closing the bedroom door.

"Look I don't know how you found me but you can't hurt me," he laughed.

Trev pulled out the gun from his pants removing the safety lock.

"Oh but we can."

He threw his hands up in the air and begun begging, "Look please man please I don't want anymore problems.

"You wanted them before so what happened?," I yelled, shoving him to the ground.

"Look I changed man. I overdosed paramedics got to me in time and I been good ever since I only deal with Teresa and I don't hurt her I don't bother nobody."

"Why'd you bother Faith? What was the difference with that huh?," I yelled, punching him in the nose.

He drew back and exposed his hand that was now full of blood from his nose leaking.

"I was dumb. I was miserable. I don't want to bother her ever again," he responded.

"Why should we believe anything that comes out of your fuckin' mouth?," Trev asked, pointing the gun back at him.

He stuttered and struggled to get any words out.

Bang! Bang!

Trev emptied two bullets into both of Jax's feet. Jax begun screaming and crying out in pain.

"Next time it's your head, don't come near her ever again, leave the state when your feet heal," Trev demanded.

Teresa ran out of the room screaming,"Oh my god! What have you done?"

"Some advice, he beats women when he gets mad. Get far away from him," I replied.

We ran out of the apartment and sprinted quickly towards the truck. We climbed inside and I quickly sped off away from the complex.

"Drive down to this lake I'm dumping the gun," Trev advised.

When we got near the bridge he opened the window and sailed it out into the body of water.

"Think he'll bother us again?," I asked.

"I know he won't. That look in his eye was pure fear, he's gone."

"I don't know how to repay you. This was supposed to be my problem," I replied.

"Faith is like a little sister to me. This was a problem for all of us. You just take care of her and that baby," he explained.

"Without a doubt."

A/N : Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Thank you for 44k! 🤍

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

5.2M 169K 46
In which, a blind business tycoon gets assigned to a nymphomaniac nurse _____________________________________________ Copyright ©️ 2021 ssybahz (Star...
666K 40K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
4.4K 183 44
What the fuck do you want?"I asked. "Get dressed we're going out"he says. "Hell nah, I ain't going no where"I say going back to my room. All I want t...
1.7M 39.2K 69
❝You Might Be My Angel In Public, But You're My Whore In Bed.❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ "Are you ready for me baby?" I nodded my head licking my lips seductivel...