Pandya Store - Shiva Raavi (...

By RitaSkeeterIF

[COMPLETE] Synopsis: "So, Hetal, red chilies fell as two people bumped into each other. To be precise, Raavi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Penultimate Chapter)
Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)
Chapter 43 (Epilogue Series 1)
Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)
Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)
Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)
Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)
Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

Chapter 30

1.3K 47 5
By RitaSkeeterIF

           Before they left for Raavi's shopping expedition, she excitedly gave Shiva a tour of her apartment, showing him various trinkets, photos, books, she, and Hetal had collected over the years they had stayed together. She showed him the meager items her parents had left behind: few utensils, blanket they had maybe used, her mom's handkerchief, just small wayward items that would mean nothing to somebody, but meant the world to her. Shiva had taken it all in with patience and love often hugging and kissing her, comforting her.

Getting dressed to go to the mall, Raavi changed into a full sleeved pale lavender straight cut kurta set embroidered with applique mirror work and dainty flowers. She twisted the front pieces of her hair backwards, applied some tinted lip balm, along with her lotus flower pendant-on-chain and, finished off with some lotion and perfume.

She exited her room, almost fully dressed, stopping in front of Shiva, who was waiting for her. "Shiva, ye dori bandh de, please?" asked Raavi, standing with her back to him.

He dutifully helped her, pressing kisses all over the exposed skin of her back, taking twice as long to do the task. "Ab, mujhe distract mat kar, tujhse help maangna hi nahi chahiye tha!" she pouted, arching her back, sensitive to his kisses.

"Is it working?" asked Shiva hopefully, "I was thinking, I can stay back watch the apartment...you take your time at the mall, and I will come by to pick you up," In one quick motion, she turned, escaping his inquisitive hands and mouth. Cupping his face, she repeatedly kissed his lips, saying "this is an apartment, not a toddler Shiva! And you promised we will go to the mall. I just know we are going to have fun!" not caring that he muttered, speak for yourself. She gave herself a self-satisfied smile, marvelling at herself for managing to scoop the opportunity in front of her, and drag him to the shops. While she cared that he got new clothes; she was more excited about a special something she was going to give him.

Watching her mentally pat herself on the back, he shook his head knowing it was her bikini that got him here, he tipped her chin up, "lets go, but remember, you owe me a huge compensation."

Every step he took in one of the city's biggest, swankiest malls, Shiva felt himself grow impatient and surly. He knew it was partly because he had no patience for shopping, partly observing the looks and passing by glances Raavi attracted. Lucky for him that his sweet dobi was a klutz, she held on to his arm after she tripped stepping into the escalators needlessly signalling to the world, she was with him.

"Chipkali, Mall main hain, chal, aaj tujhe chashma lagwata hoon... hamesha yahan wahan girti padti hai," said Shiva in a grouchy voice, looking around at the mall in derision.

"Mere cute se face ko chashme nahi sunglasses ki zaroorat hai jo main apni real wali honeymoon main pehen sakti hoon. Chahe toh mujhe woh leke de sakta hai," said Raavi cheekily. Maybe he'd replace the ones she lost in Ahmedabad a year ago.

"Haan, uske saath Maa ki chadi bhi leke doonga. Tab tu ek dum fit oh fit lagegi... aandi aur langdi," he quipped as she comically frowned at him. They had just stepped into the mall, and he was already grumpy.

"Tera chehra theek kar! Aur itna nautanki kyun kar raha hai? Shopping hai, suli pe chadna nahi hai" said Raavi, she dragged him from store to store. She giggled, patting his cheek, "oh, poor Shiva, ye shaadi ke side effects hai. Tu iss hadse aur sadme ko survive zaroor karega, mujhe pura bharosa hai."

He grew surlier, and the worst of it all was the shared 'welcome to the club' looks he received from other men hanging out in the common areas of the mall dutifully carrying bags as their wives looted and raided the shops with the precision of seasoned warriors. Such a typical husband, she smiled to herself, but all hers so she didn't mind.

He huffed, and said, "Sweetheart, can you wrap this up in next 30 minutes? Also, was it necessary to buy fancy soap for Maa? We own Pandya Store, so we get that for free," stepping out of the second store. She didn't even dignify that with a comment, choosing instead to roll her eyes at him. Somehow buying clothes for the duration of his stay in Ahmedabad and changed to buying things for the family, because Raavi found something cute that she thought they'd like.

"Shiva, it takes us 30 minutes just to go from shop to shop, we will be in and out in couple of hours." said Raavi, as he let out a beleaguered sigh.

Raavi dragged him to Central, one of the retail chain stores in the mall; perusing items with an expert eye, occasionally asking for his opinion. When all she got were grunts and mono syllable responses, she rolled her eyes, as he was barely paying any attention to her, preferring to play FIFA Soccer on his phone. "Shivaa!! yeh shirt pasand aaya, ya phir, main kuch bhi choose karoon?" said Raavi holding up a white, red, and blue plaid shirt.

"Chipkali, kuch bhi uta le, mujhe koi farak nahi padta. Bas jaldi lipta le." said Shiva bored out his mind. Shopping was the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.

"Toh ye choose karoon?" chuckled Raavi, draping a ghastly neon green shirt over his head.

"Jo choose karna hai choose karle. Agar main ganda dikha log toh yehi kahenge, woh dekho Somnath ki sabse sundar ladki ka pati saade hue nimbu ki tarah dikhta hai," said Shiva.

"Koi tumhari burayi kare toh mere samne, usko 1000-degree ka bukar na chada doon," said Raavi, as picked out more clothes for him, as he shook his head at her. Chipkali.

He obediently trailed her as she picked out clothes, toiletries and whatever else she thought he'd need. However, with every passing second, Shiva's patience wore thin. He was getting vexed with shopping and having to glare away at useless male sales assistants who fawned all over Raavi, offering tips, promo deals, bringing in end of Diwali sale items, just dragging the whole thing longer.

"Tu apna kaam kar na! Kya kabse isko promo deals or new credit card ke schemes ki paati padha raha hai?" snapped Shiva at a young, geeky sales assistant, positively tripping over himself to help Raavi, enticing her to buy more clothes and get a free credit card.

"Sir, yehi hai mera kaam..." he said, a tad puzzled at his behavior. Raavi supressed a giggle at the interaction and busied herself picking out more things.

"Yeh Gaumbi, Krish aur Dev pe accha lagega na?" pointing to the shirts she picked out.

"I don't care, chipkali. Just do it fast, the mall is about to close soon," fibbed Shiva, only to be interrupted by the ever-helpful sales assistant, "Mam, you have 4 hours until closing."

"Tu apna kaam kar na!?" snapped Shiva, which the sales assistant again respectfully albeit smug said, "Sir, yehi hai mera kaam..." smiling at Raavi.

Annoyed, he had resorted to keep bugging with the same 'are we done yet?' question, and his impatience was wearing her down.

"Kya Shiva? Ye mall hai, Olympics thodi hai, ki superspeed main sab kuch karoongi?"

"Tu jis hisaab se samaan kareed rahi hai na, World Record zaroor tujhe hi milega. Tab se dekh raha hoon, time waste kar rahi hai, mere liye ho gaya toh chal na!" he snapped, annoyed just being in this mall.

"Dekh, ab yahan aagaya hai, toh muh kaddu ki tarah mat phula. Mujhe aur bhi cheezien hai kareedne ke liye aur ek samaan toh luckily main Somnath se layi thi, usse mujhe return bhi karna hai..." said Raavi, holding on to his folded arms.

Muttering choice words under his breath, he gave a scornful look, sizing her up and down. Unable to resist, "Tujhe return karna hota hai, toh tu kareed thi kyun hai?" asking the age-old question which didn't have any logical answer. "Dekh, chipkali, yahan aaj jo kuch bhi hai, final sale samajh, main yahan wapas nahi aane wala" he said irately.

"Mujhe kya sapna aayega ki mujhe return karne ka mann karega?" she frowned at him, "aur maine tujhse kya kaha tha? Zindagi bhar tujhe paschatap karna padega, humare zindagi main itna pyar barna padega ki..." she trailed off, narrowing her eyes at him, "Aur tu, tujhse do ghante mall rukh bhi nahi sakha! Stupid gadheda."

He looked at her as if she lost her mind and for the second time today, she wondered, if maybe she was taking things too far. She opened her mouth to respond, she saw two sales assistants listening and laughing at them. Fine. Raavi dumped all the items into his arms, "Theek hai, main pagal hoon. Pakad aur chal bill pay kar, aur mera email de ke points collect kar," said Raavi, quickly swiping his wallet for cash, "aur tune jo kapde phade hain mere, ye uske liye hai," said Raavi pointedly. The mall had turned in her adorably grumpy Shiva into an even grumpier surly old man.

He glared at her and said "apne nautanki ke siwa har cheez ka hisaab rakhti hai. Gadhedi."

When they were at the counter to pay, she said, "Bahot paka raha hai...main jaa rahi hoon," waving the cash she took from him, "Lets meet in an hour or so, don't disturb me! Love you, bye!" With that she left him to pay the bill, not caring he was hollering at her, asking her to wait.

Raavi got herself some bubble tea, smiling to herself, set about her agenda to buy the item she had really come to the mall for.

            An hour later, she pulled up to the department store where she'd left Shiva, hoping to find her husband. She tried calling Shiva, but she was handed off to voicemail, she stomped her feet mentally, thinking to herself, isko phone kis ne diya? Paise waste kar raha hai. Well, to be fair, he had called and texted her for thirty minutes, but she had ignored him, as she didn't want him to find her. Looking around, she finally located Shiva by the escalators to the left of the department store, and said, "Kya Shiva, kitni baar call kar rahi thi. Mujhe ignore---" her words dying a quick death as she saw Shiva was in a conversation with someone else.

"Oh hi, chipku! Raavi Ravioli!! Funny seeing you here! What are the odds!"

Raavi did a double take at that voice. Was she hallucinating? She was currently seeing the beautiful Anamika Zaveri in a bodycon dress beside Shiva. Tall, busty, and long legged, she screamed 'don't take your eyes off me' wherever she went. As far as she remembered, her personality matched her outer appearance, all in all, Anamika always left an unforgettable impression on people.

"H-H-Hi! I am sorry, are you really in front of me?" said Raavi blinking hard, "And what do you mean seeing me here?" asked Raavi, looking at Shiva curiously.

"Yes! I came to buy a gown for an upcoming charity event, bumped into Shiva 20 minutes ago; I was just telling him I also ran into Hetal not too long ago, and we were chatting about soccer... what are you doing here? Are you still stalking him?" chuckled Anamika, "I am just kidding!" seeing Raavi's mouth fall open. "I remember she would always be your side all through high school, some things never change! Never gave other girls a chance to make a move on Shiva, huh!"

She leaned in further to stage whisper, "to be honest, Shiva, we thought your and Raavi situation was a bit like that daily soap Balika Vadhu..." Shiva snorted as Raavi stared at Anamika in shock, "that's why despite all the interesting fights you guys would have, she was always stuck to you like gud main makhi. I felt sorry for you..." patting Shiva's arm.

Chipku? Stalking? Balika Vadhu? Did she just touch--- she would have to do a full sanitization of Shiva. Speaking of whom, why was just standing quietly like a schoolboy?

Raavi glared at Shiva as he averted his gaze, his ears turning hot. "Bataiye Shiva Sir, high school se kaun kis pe lattoo tha?" she asked sarcastically. If only Anamika knew...

Before Shiva could respond, Anamika continued, "oh, nice to see you got married, Raavi Ravioli! Who is the lucky Mr. Ravioli?" looking around as if she could spot someone in the crowd.

"Lucky guy, indeed!" said Raavi, looking at Shiva.

"Actually, Anamika, Raavi and I are married." said Shiva, as Raavi smiled at the shocked look on Anamika's face, looping her arm around Shiva's bicep.

"Oh wow!" sputtered Anamika recovering from her shock, "Congrats Raavi......Shiva! you too, I suppose! You should have said something Shiva!" punching him on the shoulder. She turned to Raavi and conspiratorially said, "we were chatting about soccer, and my cheerleading, and I think this small tidbit slipped his mind."

"Important cheezein bhoolta ja raha hai. Bhudape ka asar!" She flashed her teeth at him, her eyes promising retribution, "Shiva ko main kal se badaam khilaungi..." said Raavi, whacking him repeatedly on the arm. "Khayenge aap Shiva Sir...mere haath ke...badaam?" Shiva, who was looking straight ahead, suspiciously quiet, cleared his throat and tamely said, "jo mere biwi khilaegi... woh main khushi khushi kha loonga..."

"Aww! Shiva! you are so cute!" said Anamika, pulling his cheeks.

"Kaise kiya tumne Anamika?!" said Raavi, pulling Shiva's cheeks, causing him to yelp, "OW!"

Smiling widely, too widely, Raavi said, "itna cuteness dikha raha hai, jee karta hai, sab kuch keench keench ke ghar le jaaun," rubbing his back, pinching his waist.

"Ouch!" he yelped, glowering at Raavi.

Anamika laughed and made a move to hug them, but Raavi intercepted it and said, "just hug your Raavi Ravioli... that's right! OW" as Anamika's hug turned suspiciously tight.

"Ok, that's that! Bye!" she said, gesturing vaguely at Anamika's perfect figure. "So, see you...around." said Raavi hurriedly.

"BYE!" said Anamika. She made a move to leave, but turned around and said, "Wait!" She looked at Shiva and said, "Good luck, Next game, you play, I'll be there to... cheer for you,"

"Jaisa... tu theek samjhe Anamika," said Shiva as she winked, blew them a flying kiss, and left.

Shiva looked at Raavi, who shook her head at him and walked off. F**k his life. Phoolkumari ab muh phula ke baithegi. They went home in silence, as every time he tried opening his mouth, Raavi turned her face away, crossing her arms across her chest. They crossed the threshold of her apartment, and he caught her hand from the back, pulling her against him.

"Dur haat!" huffed Raavi, whacking his hand, as she tried to walk off muttering, pehle toh daily soap heroine ki tarah mall main itne nakhre dikhaye, phir ye Anamika.

"Chipkali...Hamesha tu saara bill mere saar pe phad thi hai," turning her to face him. "Teri nautanki bhool gayi?" Mocking her voice, he mimicked her, "Shiva, ek aur samaan chahiye, Maa ke liye, Gaumbi ke liye, pados wale kutte ke bhanje ke liye... aur phir ye, woh return karna hai,"

Tipping her chin up, "mujhe chod ke bhi chali gayi... shopping ki bhooki," said Shiva. It didn't work to pacify her at all. Raavi just folded her arms across her chest and frowned without saying anything. He leaned in to kiss to her shoulder and sadly asked, "Apne Shiva pe shak kar rahi hai?"

"Pagal hai kya?" rebuked Raavi, "Pann, usko dekh kar, tu Grade 5 ka good boy kyun ban jaata hai?"

"Chipkali, aisa kuch nahi hai..." protested Shiva, his earns turning slightly warm, as he turned her to face him, and wrapped his arms around her, "woh mujhe kuch bolne kahan deti hai, tabhi toh main apni stalker...chi, biwi ke baare main bol nahi paya," receiving a fierce glare from Raavi. How did you tell your wife, the truth was Anamika intimidated him? and he just didn't know how to respond to her. He leaned in slightly, and in a stage-whisper said, "main kuch bolun?" A couple of pauses later, Raavi just hiked up her nose, not wanting to seem interested, except that she was. Shiva confessed, "mujhe usse darr lagta hai..."

Try as she may, a tiny snort of a chuckle escaped her, but remembering that she was supposed to be mad at him, she cleared her throat and pouted, "Main toh stalker hoon na! Mere peeche maat aa, tu," moving away from him.

"Aarey, main toh chahta hoon ki tu sirf mujhe stalk kare, zindagi bhar ke liye," said Shiva in his cutest voice.

"Cuteness dikha raha hai?" asked Raavi, "mere saath tera warrior mode on rehta hai, lekin woh jab bhi tujhse baat karti hai, tu good boy ki tarah kada hoke sun tha hai, teri type hai, aaj bhi Nora Fatehi ki twin lag rahi thi."

She mocked his meek voice, "Jaisa... tu theek samjhe Anamika." Stomping her feet, she glared at him. Stupid gadheda.

"Tujhe mere type nahi pata?" teased Shiva, "mera type toh sweet innocent dobi types hai, thodi jhagdalu, thodi jhalli... her name is Raavi, Raavi Ravioli—" she frowned comically, "I hate that name."

"Which one? Raavi Ravioli?" he asked innocently, as she pouted silently, looking away from him.

When she looked at him, again, it was with a rare flash of unsurety and doubt in her eyes, "Woh toh tujhe pasand karti hai. Sach bol, jaise humari shaadi hui, maine galti se tera choice toh nahi cheen liya na? aur main wapas nahi aati toh tera mattar jaisa dimag, chattan jaisa..." looking down at his crotch, "usse pat bhi jaata. Tujhe koi regre-

"Gadhedi, ulti kopdi" said Shiva, tipping her chin up, rubbing the mole on her cheek. "Maine sirf tujhse pyar kiya hai, aur meri sirf ek choice hai jo maine apne liye maangi hai... woh tu hai."

He winked at her, "Aur ab ye Chattan ka problem bhi tera hi hai, tharki. I love you so much, my chipkali. Chal, idhar aa!" indicating that she hug him. Raavi wrapped her arms around his neck, taking a deep breath of satisfaction, her pouty anger finally dissipating, murmuring, "Good! Warna main tujhe Mount Kailash bhej doongi"

"Tu pechle janam main gundi ya thanedaar thi kya? Haar baat pe jail ya kahin bhej doongi ki dhamki deti hai..." he asked her, as she whacked him on the shoulder.

"Waise teri toh lottery nikal padi," he said dryly, and at her quizzical look, he elaborated, "do din main teri dono best friends ke darshan ho gayi." When comprehension dawned that he was referring to Disha and Anamika, she balled her fists and repeatedly attacked him like an irate fairy. He grabbed her wrists, and pinned them to her back, raising his eyebrows in challenge, before pressing a kiss to her lips.

Before she forgot herself in his soulful kisses, Raavi broke the kiss with a low pant, freeing her wrists, remembering that she had to give him the gift. Now that the moment was here, she looked at him in slight hesitation, feeling bashful, eager for him to like what she had gotten him. Making a split-second decision, not fully thinking things through, she yelped. "OW! Shiva, my stomach hurts!" clutching her belly button.

Immediately concerned, he wrapped his arms around her, "Chipkali, you were fine two seconds ago, where does it hurt, baby girl?" walking her, making her sit on the dining chair, grabbing her a glass of water.

"My stomach, ow! Ouch! I have something for it in-in my purse, can you get it?" asked Raavi, pretending to be in pain.

Nodding, he got her purse. Sitting in front of her, he was ruffling through her purse urgently, "kya hua, baby girl?"

"I don't know...maybe its appendicitis, I have meds," Looking at him sifting through her items, "no, not that pink pouch, do you see that blue box...Yes! Yes! that's it!" she said excitedly, forgetting that she was supposed to be acting.

He looked up at her suspiciously, narrowing his eyes to take a good look at her, his earlier worry ebbing away quickly. Her skin was peachy brown perfection, her lips rosy and cheeks slightly flushed, in short, she looked fine. Still, he asked, "Medication for appendicitis...? tu jhoot bol rahi hai na?" Looking at the small velvet blue box skeptically, he was sure his wife was up to something. "Kya nayi nautanki hai?"

Mentally chiding herself for getting out of character, "No, No, something is wrong...Maybe I am preg---" she started but he interjected, "jhooti, kitni baar wohi excuse use karegi? Sach sach bata kya naya jhol hai?"

Looking at him, she realized, now, she didn't have to hesitate to give him gifts, like the last time she got him a shirt and he had refused to accept it. Shaking her head, making a move to sit sideways on his lap. "Yes, I am lying..." she confessed, blushing.

Exasperated, he sighed to convey her petty nautanki was not amusing. He looked at her back at the box, roughly trying to open it. Not paying any heed to her exclaiming, araam se, he yanked the box open, he stared it in surprise.

Onyx met hazel eyes, and staring into those onyx orbs, she rubbed their noses together, a peace offering, apologizing, silently willing him to forget their childish squabbles.

Sitting on his lap, she hugged him, and the atmosphere changed between them. They left behind their trivial arguments, drugging the air with the sweetness of their tender love; Shiva couldn't help but pull her closer. She leaned back, finger combing his hair, whispering, "You might hate shopping, but you always get me the loveliest gifts that I will treasure till my dying breath." Rubbing his cheeks with her thumbs, "And me, I love shopping, so I realized I want to get you something meaningful, I hope you will come to love and cherish, as well. So, with that mind, I got you...your wedding band," gesturing to the blue box.

His Chipkali.

His sweetheart.

Raavi had gotten him a simple matte gold wedding band. He ran his fingers over the engraving, the tracing of the Big Dipper with one single diamond for the North Star. It was unique yet subtle and understated. He stayed silent for a long time just staring at the ring, stroking the embossed design. "I was an idiot before when I didn't take the shirt you gave me, but sweetheart, you don't have to scare me into accepting something from you," he said, pressing a nudging kiss to her cheek.

"I know that... its just, I really want you to like it," she laid her head on his shoulder, "Look underneath..." He twisted the ring slightly; it was additionally engraved with the words, 'my north star'. Resting her head on his shoulder, she said, "its in my handwriting. The jeweller was able to do a rush order for me."

Shiva gently tipped her chin up, nudging her to meet his eyes, whispering, "Thanks baby girl, its beautiful, just like you. I will cherish it for all eternity." And, he would. Raavi was his reason to be happy.

"So, Shiva Pandya, will you be my husband, forever?" she asked, her throat closing up, her eyes stinging with tears.

He nodded, words failing him, so he let his eyes do the talking; she was his everything, as important as Nile to ancient Egypt, and she would always be his soul's wife. His eyes, glossy, shining bright, revealed a depth of emotion that devastated her. Tears fell from her eyes, and her lips quivered as she kissed his cheeks, his eyes tasting the slight wetness, and she said, "mat karo mujhse itna pyar." She was realizing how deep his feelings ran just for her; pulling commitment to him from every corner of her soul, she had a feeling that he was becoming her reason to breathe. He pulled her closer, holding her carefully as if she were a precious, delicate porcelain doll, yet so tightly, she half-expected she would melt into him.

Clearing his throat, "I love it, my sweetheart," he said, "So this is why, you measured every inch of me before we went to the mall? Including my toes and fingers...Gadhedi," pushing her hair to one side, kissing her so passionately, her toes curled.

Setting aside the ring, he wiped her cheeks, "But, you know what, since it is Raavi Day, I got you something too... actually a couple of things—"

"Oh! Mere liye bhi gift hai? I love gifts," Raavi exclaimed. She waited impatiently, looking at Shiva eagerly, as he twisted around the chair to grab it for her from the dining table. She extended her hand, as he gave her a square box.

Stopping mid-way from grabbing the package, she looked at him suspiciously, "This better not be a prank, Shiva!" as she unwrapped the packaging. Oh Shiva.

Shiva got her a portable digital photo frame to upload pictures and short videos by linking her iCloud account to the device. Switching on the device, He showed her the features; the digital photo frame springing to life, screen lighting up with a photo of her parents, the song Yaadien playing in perfect harmony.

Nagmen hain shikve hain

Kisse hain baate hain

Nagmen hain shikve hain

Kisse hain baate hain

Baatein bhool jaati hain

Yaadein yaad aati hain

Shiva wiped her tears, telling her that opening photo and the song would always play for her, before showing some of the other photos he had pre-loaded for her, at the shop: Photos from a Grade 11 party; Shiva watching Raavi laughing whilst sitting on Shiva's lap, Raavi finger combing Shiva's hair sideways away from his forehead, a candid shot Shiva and Raavi - she was resting her left arm on Shiva's shoulder, smiling at each other in happiness.

He kissed her cheek and said, "I asked Hetal to send some pictures over, but sweetheart, there is more," and scrolled to show her additional pictures: Raavi in the kitchen with a flowed tucked into her hair, the photos of her and their selfies in the beach, the screenshot of them hugging meeting after Grade 11 summer and hugging at the park bridge in Grade 12.

Raavi caressed the photos as they appeared on the screen, biting her lip so she wouldn't throw herself on the ground, bawling her eyes out. "Do you like it, chipkali? You can add or delete anything you want." At her silence, he looked at her, waiting for her response. Raavi shook her head and try as she might, another tear slipped from her eye.

"Don't you get tired of crying?" asked Shiva, "I thought you loved taking photos and videos... but we can exchange it if you don't like---" as Raavi interrupted, "Its amazing, its so thoughtful of you...what happened to the Shiva who gave me plastic chipkalis, to scare me?"

"He realized he wants to be the best husband possible to the woman he is hopelessly in love with," came his prompt reply, pulling her close, as she chuckled softly wrapping her arms around his neck tightly. "I got it, baby girl, for you to collect the small, big moments, that will last forever as memories. When you feel lonely, just remember you will always have your memories, they won't leave you, sweetheart. Also, if I have to go back to Somnath sooner, you have the photos, to remind you I am always with you."

"Thank you, Shiva, I love this," said Raavi, clutching it to her chest.

Raavi just scrolled through the photos, reliving every memory. Moments of silence later taking a deep breath, she turned her attention back to him, "Shiva, main toh kehti hoon, tu apna ring pehen le, meri tarah drama karke usko pehene ka chance kho mat dena!" she said, as he chuckled, muttering dramebaaz toh tu hai.

"Chipkali, tell me, do you want me to wear the ring before you?" he asked her amused, but wanted to be sure. She nodded, muttering "at least one of us should get to wear their wedding ring."

He looked at her to say, In that case... he asked her to get up, and said, "then let's do it the right way." She did as she was asked, looking at him curiously. He pulled up the opening photo of her parents, extending his hand silently gesturing for her to do her part. Understanding immediately, she nodded. She looked at her parents' photo and smiled. She just knew in the marrow of her bones, that her parents would have loved and adored Shiva.

She slipped on the wedding band to his ring finger. Tapping her index finger to her lips, she quipped, "now you may kiss the bride."

Shiva grabbed her by the waist, kissing her ring finger, her cheeks, her chin, her nose, waiting, until his impatient fairy hit his chest with her fists, exclaiming "gadheda, kiss me properly," before claiming her lips in a deep, passionate kiss.

Breaking off with a soft growl, he looked deep into her big soft brown eyes, "Raavi, sweetheart, even though you made me run around the department store and the mall today, got mad at me for just talking to our high school acquaintance, and in general you are famous for driving me crazy, I was thinking, to celebrate Pre-Honeymoon Day 1, you and I, maybe, could have... dinner... outside, like maybe... at a restaurant?"

When she didn't respond, he rubbed the back of his head and continued, "It's not a big deal, I just remembered couple of weeks ago, you wanted free food, well, technically I would pay---" Raavi interrupted him, asking, "are you asking me out on a dinner date? After I just gave you the wedding band?"

He started to explain himself but then just nodded, muttering "yes, yes, I am."

She jumped and hugged him tightly, causing him to spin her, repeatedly chanting 'yes'.

"We have to leave in a couple of hours; we have reservation at The Dancing Chef; their flagship location is here in Ahmedabad," said Shiva, "but only if you promise to eat what you get. Wahan jaake mujhe koi nakhre nahi chahiye. Chef ko recipes ke tips bilkul mat dena...har koi Mukesh Kaka nahi hai, jo raat bhar teri bakwaas sune," he warned her as she nodded solemnly, looping her arms around his neck.

"Listen chipkali, I got you something else. Maybe you can wear it tonight... but you don't have to if you dont like it..." said Shiva awkwardly, unlocking his arms and giving her another package lying behind the sofa. Curiously, Raavi opened the package, and gasped. "We can haggle out a return---oof!" he said uneasily, as Raavi flung herself into his arms. "I love it, you stupid bandar." Shiva had gotten her a black organza saree with floral print, scattered moti work and scalloped edges. It had a matching black sleeveless blouse, and she couldn't wait to wear it.

"I knew you had good taste," said Raavi, smugly referring to herself, "this saree is so lovely... but be honest was it the first saree you saw in the shop?" she teased him.

"Its actually Anamika's choice," he quipped in a deadpan voice.

"What!?"

"Dobi! I am kidding...." he said hastily at the fierce look in her eyes, before confessing, "it is the third saree, I saw. I just know what I like on you...so I can take it off you later."

To say Raavi was happy would be an understatement. Her arms locked around his neck, she kissed his cheek, and said, " We are taking doing things 'out of order' to the next level," as he laughed. "I wanted a normal married life with you, finding the extraordinary in ordinary moments... this is perfect."

"Well, in that case you are completely mad. If you haven't noticed, I came all the way from Somnath in a cargo flight to go shopping and have a dinner date with you in Ahmedabad... where did you get the idea this was normal? You, sometimes, amaze me," said Shiva kissing her forehead, teasing her. Taking in her smiling face, radiant eyes, he was glad she was back to her happy, chirpy self, a far cry from his trembling, worried chipkali, last night.

"Considering where we started... this is all normal -ish right?"

"Only a dramebaaz like you can find all this normal..." he insisted.

"I don't care, I am just very happy," said Raavi, as he tightened his arms around her, murmuring, well as long as you are happy.

She excitedly disentangled herself from him to get dressed for her dinner date. With her husband. It only took them six years, an almost divorce, a very short stint in jail, couple of other near-death experiences, a few hundred kilometers, to make it happen. Finally. Finally. Finally.

               Meanwhile in Somnath, the remaining Pandyas' in Somnath gathered around the aangan, sitting down for dinner.

"Yeh Shiva kahan nayi naveli dulhan ki tarah muh chupaye baitha hai? Pura din kaam kar raha tha, kya?" asked Suman, looking around for her son. She knew he'd be upset at the turn of events, but not to be seen around for the whole day was unlike him.

"Chodo na, Maa, Shiva ko," said Rishita, "aap aaram se khana khao. Maine aaj hi internet pe padha tha ki khane ki waqt baat nahi karni chahiye. Toh saare phone ki tarah apne gale ko silent mode pe karo aur khana khao."

"Shiva ka toh intezaar kar sakte hai, na?" asked Dev, "maine bhi usse subah se nahi dekha," as Gautam agreed with him.

"Shiva, dikhega kaise? Maine usse uske dost ke yahan dinner pe bheja hai," said Dhara, walking in from the kitchen carrying rotis.

"Kaunsa dost?" asked the ever-helpful Krish.

"Tujhe bahot fikar hai aaj Shiva ki?" asked Dhara, "chup chap khana kha!" whacking him on the head. Dhara belatedly realized everyone was waiting for a response to Krish's question. "Woh, apna Arjun hai na, uske ghar gaya hai," looking down quickly and running to the kitchen as Suman looked at her retreating figure curiously.

"Saare sawaal pure ho gaye toh khana khaiye, na" said Rishita, as she ran to the kitchen muttering, "Bhabhi, ye Shiva hume marwaega."

As they bought out more food, Krish looked around and realised he missed Raavi. She was the most agreeable person in this house, always ready to have fun. He pouted, "I miss Raavi Bhabhi...unke bina aaj TV serials dekhne main bhi maaza nahi aaya! Main unhe video call karta hoon," pulling out his phone and calling Raavi.

"Krish, tere nakhre din per din bhadte jaa rahe hain...tu chup chaap khana kha—" started Dhara, as Krish said, "Hi Raavi Bhabhi!"

Rishita and Dhara looked at each other in panic. Mar gaye, thought Rishita to herself. Rishita jumped in, grabbed the phone from Krish's hands and said, "Raavi... meri choti behen, kaisi hai tu, kyun hai tu...aisi dobi?" as everyone gave her weird looks. Rishita stared right back defensively, as if to say, why cant I miss Raavi?

Krish glared at Rishita Bhabhi, and snatched the phone back, saying "Mujhe baat karni hai... aaj ka TV serials discuss karna hai." Krish took a deep breath to rub off his irritation when his Bhabhis sat beside him, as he spoke to Raavi through the phone. Impressed, he said, "Wow, Bhabhi, you look pretty... in a bathrobe! Any plans?"

"Krish, tu bata, aaj ka BhabhiMa ka episode dekha? Interesting tha na?" asked Raavi through the phone, "Hi Rishita, Dhara Di, and everybody else!"

Without giving anyone a chance to respond, "Bhabhi, kya bataon aapko aaj ke episode ke baare main...BhabhiMa chupke apni pati se milne chali gayi thi after her operation," said Krish, as Raavi, Rishita, and Dhara started coughing profusely. He gave them weird looks, before continuing, "she had to be on bedrest, pann aacha hua, ek sharpshooter usko follow karke, uske pati ka jaan lena wala tha!"

"Sach main, BhabhiMa mahan hai. I love her!" said Raavi sincerely, as they continued their conversation about the most irritating daily soap known to all of humanity.

Rishita's eyes widened, as she spotted half of Shiva walk out of the kitchen, "Wow! Time dekho, Raavi, apni left main, sunset bhi ho raha hai... bahot late ho gaya, kal call karte hain."

"Rishita Bhabhi, abhi toh 7:30 ho raha hai!" said Krish through gritted teeth. What was wrong with her today?

Rishita and Dhara gave each other looks of pure relief. Phew. Raavi got the hint swerved the camera before Krish caught Shiva.

"Mujhe Raavi se baath karni hai" said Suman authoritatively giving Rishita and Dhara wary looks. Krish pouted but gave the phone dutifully to his mother.

Rishita and Dhara looked at each other worried, as Suman took the phone from Krish.

"Maargundi gaay, tu theek hai na? Subah phoot phoot ke roh rahi thi," said Suman. Raavi hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, but there was something that permeated through the camera phone. Had she expected Raavi to call her incessantly asking if she could come back sooner? Like Raavi had bothered Prafulla and Jagat all summer after Grade 11 just so she could come back a week sooner from Ahmedabad? Maybe. Maybe she was overthinking it, but her instincts were going off like a fire alarm.

"Haan Maa! Main theek hoon. Matlab aap sab ko miss kar rahi hoon, pann manage kar rahi hoon," said Raavi as humbly as she could in her best 'I-am-a-good-girl' voice.

"Tere Shiva se baat hui? Theek hai na, woh?" asked Suman. She wanted to find out from Raavi if Shiva had mentioned anything to his wife. She hadn't seen him all day, after all.

"Ji Maa, apne ghar pe hai toh usko kya problem hogi..." said Raavi.

"Kya matlab hai? Woh toh Arjun—started Suman suspiciously, but Raavi cut her off by improvising, "Ghar, maane, Somnath. Humare Somnath se itni gharwali feeling aati hai... woh haseen sadak, woh purane galliyan," her eyes going wide and looking around for help.

Dhara jumped in and said, "Raavi, koi toh tujhe rokhle...bas kar, sabko pata hai, Somnath kitna pyara hai."

Krish had had enough. He made a move to yank his phone, "mujhe Raavi Bhabhi se baat karni---" as Rishita took his phone and "bas, bahot hogaya. Bye Raavi!"

"Bhabhi, phone doh!" wailed Krish. He chased Rishita around the aangan. Fed up, Suman yelled, "bas, bahot hogaya. Kal jo Laila Majnu ne kaand kiya, aaj mandir main sab baat kar rahe the! Aaj se ghar pe sirf shanti, no kaand."

"Krish, baith jaa!" said Gaumbi and Dev in unison.

He was beyond frustrated that the one time he wanted to talk to someone, Rishita Bhabhi was acting this weird. And the more stubborn someone got, the more Krish dug his heels. She shook her head to indicate 'no', clutching his phone to her chest. "Theek hai, aap nahi doge na? Fine," Krish pretended to meekly sit down, in the last moment turned his feet around and ran to the kitchen, yelling "Main ab aapke phone se call karunga" grabbing Rishita's phone.

Rishita and Dhara hurried to the kitchen, muttering, "Krish, gadedha, ruk ja!" Too late, Krish dialled Raavi's number, using Rishita's phone. Both Krish and Shiva at the same time said,

"Hi Bhabhi, sorry woh call cut gaya,"

"Hi Bhabhi, sorry woh Raavi washroom gayi hai,"

"WHAT"

"BYE"

Wide eyed and mouth wide open, Krish looked at Rishita and Dhara at the entrance of the kitchen. "Lagta hai, galti se Shiva ko dial kiya. Wahi hua na?"

"That's right, Krish, koi baat nahi" said Dhara cajoling Krish, "Main tujhe gajar ka halwa deti hoon. Tu bas chup chaap kha...koi baat mat kar!"

"Aur sabse se dur reh," warned Rishita whacking his head.

"Agar maine kuch galat nahi dekha, na galat suna... sabse se dur kyun rahun?" asked Krish fearfully.

"Its ok Krish. Sachai accept kar. Tu bas chup reh, theek hai?" advised Rishita.

Krish stopped in front of Dhara, hugged her, and asked, "Shiva, Raavi Bhabhi ke saath hai na?"

"Haan ya Na bolne se tera kuch faida nahi hoga." threatened Rishita.

"Lekin ye daily soap thodi hai ki Shiva nahi hai toh uske body double se kaam chala lenge? Kab tak sabse saach chupayenge?" asked Krish, panicked. He had a very bad foot in mouth disease, this was sort of his nightmare.

Dhara and Rishita looked at each other, not having a response for Krish's question, so Rishita just said, "Tu bas chup reh. Samjha?"

Coming out from the kitchen, Krish sat down, very much shocked, and subdued to finish his dinner, everyone resumed eating.

"Maa, tu ne Shiva ko Raavi ke saath jaane kyun nahi diya?" asked Gautam curiously.

Suman cleared her throat, "main chahti hoon ki Raavi apne problems maturely handle karna seekhe, aur uss gadhede ko samjha sakoon ki agar woh zindagi main kuch karna chahta hai, Raavi ko apne paas khush rakhna chahta hai, toh akal se kaam lena hoga usse."

Dev and Gaumbi nodded, "Pann, phir bhi Shiva aur Raavi ke bina ghar soona soona lag raha hai, na?" commented Gaumbi, looking around generally.

"Haan Gaumbi, unke jhadge sune bina dinner adhoora lag raha hai. I'm sure woh bhi dusre ko miss kar rahe honge," said Dev.

"Miss nahi kiss kar rahe honge," said Krish, at the same time, Rishita and Dhara yelled "Tu phir bola!"

           "Shit!" swore Shiva, as Raavi stepped out from the washroom, in her fluffy bathrobe.

"What's wrong?" asked Raavi seeing Shiva freshly showered, bare chested with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Just now, Krish called you from Rishita Bhabhi's phone and I picked it up..." said Shiva throwing her a worried look. He was worried because it was Krish. He was unpredictable and a total blabbermouth.

"Ye world ke wahiyat TV serial discuss karne ke liye usse baat karna zaroori tha?" he asked her testily.

She came up behind Shiva and locking her arms around him. She took a deep breath, breathing him in. She was immediately hit with the musky notes of his soap, cologne, and warmth from Shiva's skin, "Be reasonable, its BhabhiMaa... we had to share our opinions."

Shiva huffed, "tu, mera useless bhai aur ye serial. Mujhe shanti tab milegi jab ye serial bandh hogi!" much to Raavi's shock.

She exclaimed, "Shiva!! bite your tongue!" and pinched his shoulder, "don't ever say that! And, Its ok! Rishita and Dhara Di will manage Krish. They helped when I spoke with Maa too." Thank God Rishita had texted her in their group chat filling her in that they told everyone that Shiva was with Arjun. "Let's get dressed..." she said, pressing a kiss to his back. He nodded in agreement, and she let him go so they could get ready for their date.

        Freshly showered, Shiva wore one of the new shirts Raavi got him today at the mall, with a simple pair of dark wash jeans and white sneakers. He groomed himself, combed his hair out of the way, sure that eventually it would sit in shaggy layers over his forehead. Well, Shiva, not bad for a first date with your wife, after months of marriage, almost getting divorced and a lifetime of being in love with her, shrugging at himself in the mirror. He looked at the phone, well it had taken him twenty minutes to get dressed. He knew better than to disturb his Chipkali, who loved to slather on creams, do up her hair in a million different styles and God knew what else, that always lay in their vanity.

Now that the cat was out of the bag, he called Krish, and warned him to not cause any of his Bhabhis any more stress. For added effect, he added some colorful threats revolving the well, a rope and his body hanging upside down like meat in a butcher's shop. Satisfied that the threat worked, he switched on the TV and watched the FIFA highlight reels.

"Raavi! Jaldi kar! Dinner aaj hai, kal nahi," he yelled from the couch. No response. Typical.

Five minutes later, "Chipkali, jitna bhi lipstick lagalo, khane ke baad kuch nahi rahega!" Again, no response. What was taking her so long?

"Shiva? Main kaise lag rahi hoon?" called out Raavi's shy voice from behind him. He turned and his breath hitched in his throat.

Raavi looked drop-dead gorgeous in the black organza saree, with her pallu pleated perfectly on her shoulder her belly button playing peekaboo with him from the folds of her saree. Her skin gleamed like polished satin, her arrow straight hair rippled down her back with soft tendrils of hair framing her face.

Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga

Jaise khilta gulaab, jaise shayar ka khwaab

Jaise ujali kiran, jaise ban mein hiran

Her face was adorned minimally; her eye lids shimmering and sparkling, her berry tinted lips and bindi. She wore contrasting green studs and simple bangles.

Jaise chandni raat, jaise narmi baat

Jaise mandir mein ho ek jalta diya

What really captivated him was the coy smile and the blush that spread across her cheeks. She looked stunning, ethereal, and beautiful. He wouldn't be surprised if she told him that she was really a fairy from some magical land.

Ho, ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga

Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga

"Ghoor kya raha hai? Phirse lipstick smudge ho gayi, kya?" asked Raavi feeling self-conscious, as Shiva walked up to her, staring at her intently, too intently. Her Shiva, even with his faint scrapes and bruises, looked like a rogue hero, handsome and sexy in his button-down shirt and jeans. But she wouldn't put it past herself to have a lipstick smudge on her face that she forgot to wipe off in her eagerness to see him.

Standing in front of her, he shook his head. Tapping her gently on the nose, he whispered, "Tu sach main insaan hai, ya phir koi apsara? Aaj sach bol hi de," as she blushed, a smile breaking out like sunshine after a cloudy afternoon.

He snaked his arm under her saree, caressing her waist, wrapping his arms around her back, pulling her closer, murmuring, "Abhi tujhe koi gaana sunayi diya kya?"

Puzzled, she shook her head 'no', gesturing that the TV was playing a soccer match. The back of his hand gently caressed her cheek, the metal of his wedding ring warming to the blush on her cheeks, "meri chipkaliyon ki beauty queen, tu aaj aisi chahyi hui hai, mera heart fail karke rahegi...dinner skip karke, straight meetha khane ka mann kar raha hai," he said, nuzzling the sensitive spot behind her ear.

"Shivaa..." she moaned, her head tipping back as he trailed his lips to her throbbing pulse, muttering she smelled like his favorite dessert and suckled until she let out a pant, "ab tu shuru mat ho jana, tu ne dinner date promise kiya tha..."

He let her go reluctantly, giving her a look that sent shivers of anticipation down her back. "Let's go, then," he said, making a move to leave the apartment.

"Wait, help me with this," and she extended her palm. His eyes softened and he nodded. He gently clasped the mangalsutra onto her neck. Shaking his head at how pretty she looked, he pressed a kiss to her lips, and extended his hand out. She intertwined their fingers, clasping them tightly.

She smiled and said, "Now, lets go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 3.8K 55
Shivi forced marriage. ||Completed || We are swimming into each other eyes. Breaking the eye contact he look into his watch. Suddenly he hovered ove...
Tanhaiyaan... By

Fanfiction

23.4K 1.4K 22
A story on #shivi of pandya store. This starts from the scene where Shiva throws Raavi out of their house after hospital kaand... A completely differ...
32.6K 1K 13
Okay.. so as per current story line there are not many things going on in pandya store specially in shivi's life.. To be honest I am very upset with...
44.6K 4K 70
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...