šˆšŸ šŽš§š„š² š˜šØš® šŠš§šžš°

By thefinestprincess

ššžš²šØš§šœĆ© š”š¢š«šžš¬ šš š©šžš«š¬šØš§ššš„ šœš”šžšŸ. š–š¢š„š„ š­š”š¢š§š š¬ š¬š­ššš² š©š«šØšŸšžš¬š¬š¢šØš§ššļæ½... More

Characters.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Ten.
Eleven
Twelve.
Thirteen
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two.
Twenty-Three.
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five.
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twent-Eight
Twenty-Nine.
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight

Nine.

4.9K 289 522
By thefinestprincess

[A/N: Thank you for 3k reads
Enjoy!🤍]

______________________________

9.

    "Daddy! Daddy!" I yelled running into the house. I just came home from spending the weekend at my best friend, Robyn's house. I was overjoyed because my dad and I are both obsessed with 'Master Chef' or any Gordon Ramsey show for that matter. I found Master Chef t-shirts while we were at the mall and I absolutely had to buy a couple shirts for my dad and I.

I was waiting for the words "In here princess," but they never came. I ran my short legs up to my parents room to see if he was in there. I knocked first, a couple times and got no response. So I decided to just enter the room.

It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop and there was no sign of him anywhere. That's weird. I began to search all over the house, even the man cave I was forbidden entry too. Everywhere was empty. I proceeded back to my parents room to hang his shirt up in their closet.

I skipped my way over to the walk-in closet, opening the door. My smile immediately dropped at the site in front of me.

One side of the closet were filled with all of mommy's clothes and the other side was completely empty with bare hangers.

I immediately started to panic..

"Daddy? DADDY!!!" I yelled. No answer.

"No no no! Please tell me I'm dreaming! DADDY?!!" I began to cry, screaming out for him. I was hoping he was playing a bad joke on me.

"Da-Daddy please!! I'm sorry if I d-did a-anything w-wrong! Please daddy!!! Please st-stop hiding!" I cried sitting on the closet floor.

I felt arms wrapped around me, picking me up.
"MOMMY! W-Where is daddy?" I continued crying into her neck. "I'm so sorry sweetheart." She whispered into my ear as she held me.

••••
"Onika!"

"Huh?" Onika said looking up to Beyoncé who had a worried expression on her face.

"I've been calling your name for a minute now. What's going on with you?"

Onika sighed realizing she was having another flashback again. Ever since she received the news about Nasir, she's been having these random flashbacks taking her back to when she was 15.
The whole situation triggered all of her old memories and it was the not-so-good ones.

"Nothing. I'm sorry Bey, what did you need?"

"Onika you can tell me the truth. What is the matter?" Beyoncé spoke tilting Onika head up to meet her gaze.

They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Onika broke eye contact backing away.

"I—I'm fine Bey. I promise." Onika said as she reached for her apron, pulling it over her head.

Beyoncé still didn't buy her answer but she didn't want to press the issue.

"Okay." Beyoncé nodded. "And thank you again for coming in last minute."

Beyoncé decided to have her and Draya's second date at her penthouse due to the fact, she couldn't get any reservations at the 5 star restaurants she preferred, on such short notice.

Beyoncé didn't mind though, she wanted it to be more intimate and romantic so she could make a good impression.

Onika thought it was a nice gesture but in the back of her mind Beyoncé was moving a bit too fast.

Beyoncé came up with a whole plan of a nice dinner, surrounded by rose petals and dimmed lighting. She's naturally a romantic at heart so it's not surprising that she's willing to go all out for her date. She figured what's a better way to get to know someone?

Once she was explaining to Onika her ideas for the date, Onika agreed to prepare dinner and dessert for the two. Onika truly didn't mind, as long as Beyoncé was happy.

"It's no problem Bey, I'm happy to help. Now go get ready so I can prepare dinner!" She pushed Beyoncé towards the stairs.

"Okay, okay! I'm going!" Beyoncé giggled jogging up the stairs.

••••
6:58 p.m.

Beyoncé was putting her finishing touches on her matte red lipstick. She went to check her phone to see if Draya texted her back.

They had been texting all day and Draya randomly stopped replying around 5 o'clock.

Text Messages

Beyoncé: I can't wait to see you again ☺️
Sent at 3:50 p.m.

Draya: me either.
Read at 3:56 p.m.

Beyoncé: Is there any food allergies I should know about so I can inform my chef?
Read at 4:10 p.m.

Draya: no I don't have any
Read at 4:18p.m.

Beyoncé: Okay perfect. I'm typing up the menu now. Tonight will be one for the books. 🤗
Read at 4:32 p.m.

Draya liked your message.

Beyoncé: Here's my address: 410 Grey Land Dr. Once you arrive call or text me so I can buzz you into the building. See you soon!
Read at 5:02 p.m.

Beyoncé didn't really worry about her not responding at the time because she was about to starting getting ready so she assumed Draya was too.

It was now 7:05 and she had yet to hear from Draya. She decided to give her a call.

Beyoncé put the phone to her ear and instantly heard Draya's voicemail.

"That's weird..maybe she's just driving." She shrugged and decided to head down stairs where she could already smell food and hear music playing.

"You give me, you give me the sweetest taboooo!" Onika sang as she plated the food.

Beyoncé chuckled quietly watching Onika sing and sway her hips to the music.

"What you know about Sade girl?!" Onika immediately jumped. She was startled, thinking she was the only one in the kitchen.

"Oh my gawwwd Bey! Don't scare me like that." She whined.

"I'm sorry, I-I had to." Beyoncé said through her laughter.

Onika was now taking in Beyoncé's outfit. She thought she looked perfect from head to toe.

"Excuse my language but damn Bey. You look amazing!"

"You think so?" You could tell Beyoncé was a little hesitant because she wanted the date to go perfect.

"Trust me. I know so. There's no need to be nervous Bey. You got this." Onika encouraged giving her two thumbs up.

Beyoncé took a nice deep breathe. "Thank you Nic."

"Let me show you the set up, follow me." She said grabbing Beyoncé's hand.

Beyoncé eyes widened at the table set up. It was a round table with a long white tablecloth, a chair on each side, three tall candles right in the center held by a large silver candle holder which was surrounded by red rose peddles. There were two flute wine glasses and a bottle of champagne sitting in a bucket of ice to keep chilled. The moonlight shined through floor to ceiling windows giving emphasis on the aesthetic.

"This is beautiful Onika. I'm actually speechless."

Beyoncé's reaction made Onika smile.

"It's no problem Bey. I just did what I seen from pictures on Pinterest. Also, what did I promise you before I took on this job?"

"More peace and optimism..."

"Exactly. I know how passionate you are about this occasion and with you being a perfectionist I tried to tap into that and make this process easy for you. Take a seat, relax and enjoy yourself. I got everything else from here." Onika assured.

••••
Beyoncé POV
7:24 p.m.

It's literally 6 minutes til and I've constantly been checking my phone. No calls, no texts. My nerves are through the roof right now.

My leg began to shake as a response to my anxiety kicking in. I started to feel my body temperature rise.

"Maybe I'm just over thinking it. She agreed to come.."

I tried doing huge deep breathes to help me calm down because I don't want to have a panic attack.

"This is so stupid." I chuckled irritably.

I put my head in my hands feeling defeated. "I knew I shouldn't have thought dating would actually turn out good for a change. I always end up looking so foolish."

I checked my phone again. It was 15 minutes after. I called two more times. Straight to voicemail.

"Don't cry, don't cry, you're better than this Bey.." I mumbled to myself.

I could only blink back so many tears before one escaped and I instantly wiped it away.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I felt a small hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Onika with a confused look on her face.

I blew out one more deep breath before responding. "I-I believe I was stood up and I feel so damn played or maybe I'm just dumb to think dating would ever work out for me Nic. I'm sorry for even wasting your ti-"

"First of all, you're not dumb, she is. Secondly, anyone would be lucky to have you. You're smart, and beyond easy on the eyes. Your presence as a whole, lights up a room. You're the prize Bey, remember that. She's the on who  lost out if anything. And by the way, you didn't waste my time so don't even apologize."

Onika was right, Draya did lose out. "Thank you I appreciate that, more than you know."

Somehow Onika always knew what to say.

"Alright, we aren't going to let the food go to waste. Blow out these candles, grab the champagne and glasses too. Meet me in the kitchen."

I immediately leaned over the table blowing out the candles making my way towards the kitchen with the bottle in hand.

"Sit." Onika nodded towards the barstool at the island.

"I'm officially off the clock and we're going to have a friends night in. This ain't no pity party either because that girl doesn't deserve an once of your sadness. We're going to eat and enjoy each other's company." I watched as she took her apron off and removed the ponytail holder making her natural curls form, flowing effortlessly down her back.

I smiled and nodded taking a seat at the island. "You know I kinda like this bossy side of you, midget. It's giving boss baby." She giggled and flipped the bird.

Onika made our plates and the food looked splendid. She cooked a four-cheese lasagna and homemade buttered bread sticks with a side greek salad. My mouth began to water.

Olive Garden could never.

We said our grace and dug in while the music continued playing in the background. I realized it was the music playlist she sent me a few weeks ago. I like that we both have broad musicality.

"This is sooo good Nic. I might have you make this for me everyday."

"Thank you, it's actually a family recipe with my own little twist on it."

I filled our glasses up with the champagne. "Cheers—cheers to.. this bomb ass lasagna." She playfully rolled her eyes picking up the glass. "Cheers."

"I'm so glad we're friends." I smiled.

"Me too."

After finish our entrees, Onika cleared our plates and brought over the dessert which happens to be one of my personal favorites, crème brûlée. I did a happy dance in my seat.

"I rarely make this so try it and let me know your thoughts." "You don't have to tell me twice." I took my spoon, getting a nice good scoop. I instantly moaned at the taste.

"Bihhhh! There's no reason you're this good, like I'll marry you right now, stop playing with me!"

She just laughed me. "Thank you Giselle."

We sat and talked and sipped and talked some more. She easily made me forget about what transpired not too long ago. I guess everything does happen for a reason.

"O-M-G!! My song!" Onika yelled as Patti LaBelle blasted through the speakers. "Dance with me Bey?" She asked.

Before I had the opportunity to answer she grabbed my hands and pulled me into her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and Onika took ahold of my shoulders.

"I must have rehearsed my lines, a thousand times, until I had them memoriiiized." She sang looking up at me.

"But when I get up the nerve, to tell you the wooords, just never seem to—come out riiight." I sang back.

"Oooh If, only you knewww, how much I do—do love youuu! If only you knew, how much I do, do need youuu." We both sang together, moving along to the iconic beat of the song. I lifted her arm, spinning her around.

We never lost eye contact until my gaze slowly traveled down to her glossy pink lips and back up to her eyes.

I think she noticed because she cleared a throat, dropping her arms and took a step back.

"L-Let me clean up and we can go watch a movie or something?"

I nodded feeling a little embarrassed. "Uh yea, s-sure."

"I'm going to go change then pick out a movie and you can meet me in the theater."

"Okay. That's fine with me."

I proceeded to my room to change into some black leggings and a plain black cropped top. I put my hair up in loose top not bun.

In the movie theater I prepared us some fresh kettle popcorn and poured two shirley temples and added a cherry to each drink. I have a snack bar too but I'll let Onika choose her own snacks.

I decided on Jason's Lyric. A classic.

Onika came in and sat directly by me. I'm glad she isn't mad. I handed her, her popcorn and drink.

"Thank you! What movie did you decide on?" She asked, wasting no time having a taste of the kettle corn.

"You're welcome. I chose Jason's Lyric. Is that cool with you?"

"Hell yea! I love me some Jada Pinkette."

She scooted closer to me little by little.

"If you want to cuddle with me just ask." I smiled.

"Okay, can I cuddle with you?" She seemed nervous.

"Yeah girl I don't bite." I lifted my blanket and she slid right in laying her head on my shoulder.

We were now in the middle of the movie and I felt myself began to get gassy. I need to just accept the fact that I'm lack toast and taller ant.

Should I fart and play it off or excuse myself and go to the bathroom?

Before I could decide, Onika's phone began to ping non-stop.

*Ding, Ding, Ding*

She picked it up with a confused look. I watched her click on the first notification she seen.

TSR Exclusive: #YIKES Nasir Jones has a secret daughter?!!!

TMZ: NFL PLAYER NASIR JONES HAS A 5 Y/O KID! THIS AUDIO PROVES IT CLICK BELOW

I watched her eyes go wide.

"You've got the be kidding me." Onika mumbled.

"I'm so sorry Bey, I have to go!" She rushed up grabbing her items, leaving before I could respond.

I sighed. I totally forgot she dated that loser high school.. I wonder what happened...

••••
Vote & Comment🤍

•Chileeee..

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Draya going ghost?

Who sent the tea to the media?

What do you think will happen next?

2532 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 2.4K 40
Whatever comes to mind šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š Please do not read my book if you are under 14. ********Warning Sexual Content*************** Don't report my book eithe...
3.7K 45 11
One shots, because I don't feel I have the patience for a whole story
107K 5.8K 37
ššššŽššŠšš šššš˜ šššš’šš—šš šš˜ššžšš
4.6K 176 24
Read To Know?