Bandersnatch: Saving Tuckerso...

By RSLShift

Victoria Davenport is a huge game programmer, along with her two co-workers Stefan Butler and Colin Ritman. A... More

Chapter 1: Victoria
Chapter 2: Our Past
Chapter 3: Hudson Rivera
Chapter 4: The Contest
Chapter 5: Meet the Davenports
Chapter 7 - The Morning After
Chapter 8: Dinner with the Enemy
Chapter 9: Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 10 - Bad breakup
Chapter 11: The Tour
Chapter 12: The Plan
Chapter 13: When we first met
Chapter 14: Dress the Part
Chapter 15: The Party
Chapter 16: On the Run
Chapter 17: What happens now?
Chapter 18: After all this time.
Author's Note and Announcements

Chapter 6: The Flash Drive

30 1 1
By RSLShift

Colin and Victoria arrive at Stefan's house after some time. Victoria knocks on the door and an older man answers it.

"Hello, can I help you?" The older man said.

"Mr. Butler, I'm Colin Ritman and this is Victoria Davenport. Stefan called us here to discuss something about work." Colin says fast

"Well, okay. Come in. His room is upstairs second door to your left." Mr. Butler says

"Thank you." Victoria says quickly as they rush to Stefan's room.

---------------------------------------------------------

Victoria and Colin walk in his room and see the mess he made. Stefan is frantically looking through files and under stuff. His hands shaking and his eyes darting to each corner of the room.

"I've lost it and he's going to kill me." Stefan says

"Stefan, mate. Let's just calm down for a bit. Victoria, distract him. I'll try to find the flash drive." Colin says as he tries cleaning up and looking for the flash drive.

Victoria sits him on the bed and sits next to him "Stefan, how was the date with Mary?"

"We had coffee and talked. We were near the fireplace." Stefan says quickly, seeming to calm down a bit.

"Ooo the fireplace, seems romantic. What else?" Victoria gushes

"We ate some of the pastries there and we...held hands." Stefan says calmly

"Awww, look at you. You two are cute. How do you feel now?" Victoria asks

"I feel a little worried and stressed. I don't understand it. I always kept it in my bag and worked on it at the office. I couldn't have losted it." Stefan says.

"We'll find it. Don't worry Stefan. It has to be close by. When was the last place you had it?" Victoria asked

"At the office. I was working on it during the contest before I was called in." Stefan says.

"Well it isn't here. I sweeped through everything a second time. Did you happen to misplace it?" Colin asks.

"I don't know. Thakur is going to kill me" Stefan panic begins to rise again. He goes downstairs.

Colin sighs and sits on the other side of the bed. Victoria turns and goes to him. She lays her head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Victoria asks.

Colin doesn't respond. He was deep into thought. Victoria gets up and stands in front of him. She kneels down to his level, meeting his eyes.

"We'll find it, Colin. I know we will." Victoria reassures.

"How can you be so sure? What if it is gone? We would lose everything. Even our jobs. Not just us but our other co-workers too. Tuckersoft will fall into the ground." Colin rants, a hint of sadness in his tone.

Victoria takes his hand in hers and looks to him "We won't let that happen. Let's just help Stefan retrace his steps and figure out something. Maybe he left it at the office or in the cafe."

Colin nods and helps Victoria stand up. "You're such an optimistic. It sometimes makes me sick." Colin jokes.

Victoria laughs "Yeah, whatever mister. You know you love it." She leaves the room and goes back downstairs to Stefan.

He knows he does. He misses it even more. He follows in pursuit. The 3 programmers got in Colin's car and drove to Stefan's last known locations.

---------------------------------------------------------

They search the cafe. Looking under tables, desks and chairs. Stefan looks in between the cushions of where he was sitting with Mary. Victoria decides to call her. Colin helps search with Stefan.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mary, sorry that I'm calling you so late." Victoria apologizes

"No harm in it. Is everything okay?" Mark asks curiously

"Well no, can you meet us at the office? I'll explain later, we might need a fresh pair of eyes." Victoria says

"Sure, I'll be there in 20 minutes" Mary says

Victoria hangs up the phone and goes back to the boys. "Anything?"

"Nope, we checked everywhere. Nothing." Colin says dejected

"Well it has to be at the office. Mary is going to meet us there." Victoria says as she looks down at the time of her watch.

Stefan's eyes widen "Mary?? But-"

"She'll help us, she has the keys to the office. We can trust her." Victoria says

"Okay, let's go." Colin says. They rush to the car again.

---------------------------------------------------------

As they walk up to the building doors, Mary waits for them there. Stefan becomes nervous than before, he walks ahead of Victoria and Colin to greet her.

"Hello Mary, s-sorry we woke you up so late. I know you probably want to sleep or be at home rather than spending time here." Stefan rambles nervously.

Mary giggles and places a hand on Stefan's arm. "Don't worry Stefan, I could tell it was important." She unlocks the door and the 4 of them walk in.

They go to their work spaces and look around. They check under desks, in drawers, even Thakur's office.

But nothing.

"And we are screwed." Stefan says as he drops into the chair.

Mary places a comforting hand on his back. "We could check the security camera. Maybe we could find out what happened to it." Mary says

"Security Camera?!" The 3 programmers say in confusion

"Yeah. Thakur installed some last year. Come on, let's go to my desk." Mary heads towards the elevator.

The group follows Mary. Colin and Victoria became flustered at the thought if Mary saw everything they did before their fight.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Mary turns on the computer and pulls up the recordings, the group I able to see everything from earlier today.

"Okay flash drive, where are you?" Stefan whispers to himself.

Mary starts the feed from 1:38 p.m., the time Hudson comes into the office.

"The time Hudson arrives and heads to the floor." Mary says as she tentatively watches.

Victoria sees Colin roll his eyes and take a exasperated breath in. She smirks to herself of his jealousy.

The video pans to when Hudson met everyone and invites Victoria to the office.

"Victoria was in the office the whole time for the contest. Colin was working on his game and Stefan was too." Mary says

She skips to when Stefan walks in Thakur's office and Colin went to the bathroom. The video shows Hudson exiting the office and walking to the bathroom, but stops at Stefan's desk.

"What is he doing?" Colin asks

On the feed, Hudson looks at the game Stefan is working on. He looks around for any witnesses and snatches the flashdrive out of the computer. He puts the drive in his pocket and heads back to the office.

"Well look at that. Davenport's boyfriend is a thief." Colin says

"Seriously Colin? This is amusing you isn't it?" Victoria says angrily

"A little yeah. Especially seeing you angry right now." Colin smirks as he looks to her.

Victoria plasters a fake smile and holds up her middle finger to him. He chuckles and puts his hand down.

"A bit childish, don't you think?" Colin teases

"Oh, like you getting jealous all the time at the mention of Hudson's name?" Victoria says standing in front of his face.

"Okay, enough eye fucking each other you two. We need to get the flash drive back." Stefan says

Colin and Victoria look to Stefan and each other. Their cheeks redden as they realize they aren't alone.

Mary stifles a laugh. "He's right, but we also need to show Thakur tomorrow and devise a plan. Let's just get some sleep, okay?"

Everyone nods as they head home. Stefan rides with Mary as Victoria rides with Colin.

---------------------------------------------------------

The ride was silent, Victoria laid her head back on the head rest, closing her eyes for a minute. Colin clears his throat to speak.

"Do you have an idea on how we'll get it back?" Colin asks

"Not really, but I'm hoping we have some time before he makes the game idea his own and announces it to the public. This can't be the first time he's done this." Victoria says tiredly as she let's out a sigh.

Colin lays a hand on her thigh as a sign of comfort. Her lips curl into a slight smile as she holds his hand.

"Are you still mad at me?" Colin asks

"A little. I just don't understand why you couldn't tell me." Victoria says as she looks to him.

Colin doesn't say anything for a minute. He brings her hand to his lips and plants a kiss to the back of it. He looks at her for a split second. "I lost you once. I didn't want to lose you again. I'm sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 445 18
The Queen is dead. And you had a pretty good idea of who was responsible. The Queens' Guard Dog. You wouldn't let him get away with it, no matter wha...
20.9K 489 24
~ ! 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿 ! ~ 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰�...
397 7 8
Victoria has known her husband for most of her life and the entirety of her afterlife. Before Victoria met him, she and another man were as thick as...
102K 1.5K 119
Now that the trial has been put to rest, Rueben believes that life is on an upward trend. It's not long before he understands he is sadly mistaken. ...