Bandersnatch: Saving Tuckerso...

By RSLShift

Victoria Davenport is a huge game programmer, along with her two co-workers Stefan Butler and Colin Ritman. A... More

Chapter 1: Victoria
Chapter 2: Our Past
Chapter 3: Hudson Rivera
Chapter 4: The Contest
Chapter 6: The Flash Drive
Chapter 7 - The Morning After
Chapter 8: Dinner with the Enemy
Chapter 9: Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 10 - Bad breakup
Chapter 11: The Tour
Chapter 12: The Plan
Chapter 13: When we first met
Chapter 14: Dress the Part
Chapter 15: The Party
Chapter 16: On the Run
Chapter 17: What happens now?
Chapter 18: After all this time.
Author's Note and Announcements

Chapter 5: Meet the Davenports

30 0 0
By RSLShift

The driver pulls into the driveway of the home of her family. As the driver helps her out, her heels hit the ground as she walks up the stairs.

As Victoria reaches the door of her family's estate, the door opens. A tall man with dark drown hair answers. His body leaning against the door ad he looks down at Victoria with a smile.

"Well hello, my famous baby sister. Welcome home, where we are finally free from the tyranny." Victoria's brother smiles as he bows and helps her up the stairs.

"Well hello to you too, Vixen. It's been a while. How was New York?" Victoria asks.

"As you would think. Filthy Americans. But not all of them were bad though. How's working at Tuckersoft?"

"It's going okay."

"You and Colin?" Vixen asks

"...Nothing really. He moved on." Victoria says with sadness in her tone.

Vixen wraps Victoria in a hug. "But I bet he misses you. But let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment. Finally free from our old man and maybe you could explain to Colin why you left."

"I could try if he let's me explain, which is unlikely of him. But let's just celebrate." Victoria says as they make their way to the dining room.

---------------------------------------------------------

The sound of laughter and glass clattering becomes louder as Vixen and Victoria both step into the dining room. Victoria and Vixen's mother, Veronica sits at the table with their uncle, cousins, and aunts.

"Ahh, Victoria! Welcome home, honey. We've missed you so much!" Veronica sets down her wine glass and goes to Victoria. She holds her daughter in a warm embrace, Victoria embraces her back.

"Nice to see you, mother. And it's great to see you all everyone." Victoria says as she acknowledges everyone.

"Victoria, lovely to see you. All grown up and looking lovely as usual." Victoria's aunt, Tamika, says.

"And congratulations on the new game, Aunt Veronica bought it for us all to play tonight. The one thing we can finally do without your father's approval." Victoria's cousin, Raymond says.

"Thank you. And yeah, I'm excited to show you all. And yeah, dad wasn't my best fan." Victoria says as she sits down.

---------------------------------------------------------

The family enjoys there dinner and have some great conversation. Vixen stands up and raises his champagne glass.

"A toast to tonight. May he finally leaves us the hell alone and stop meddling in our lives."

Everyone in the room cheers, including Victoria as she downs her glass of champagne. As the dessert was brought out, everyone was focused on Victoria and her life.

"I never got to apologize Victoria, I should've stopped him. Your father went too far making you move away." Veronica pleads.

"Mother, it's okay. He knew how to threaten someone. Especially ruin someone's love life." Victoria says as she eats the dessert.

Veronica and everyone else looked confused and looked to Vixen. He shakes his head.

"I really like the boy, you know. Your father was always a classist and picky when it came to you and Vixen's dating lives. I'm hoping you two can work it out." Veronica says as she places a hand on her daughter's hand.

" Thanks mother. But I doubt it's going to happen."

---------------------------------------------------------

The relatives go out to the backyard. They seat themselves near the fire pit as they tell stories and laugh. Victoria finally feels at peace. Away from her problems and focused on spending the time she missed with her family.

"Veronica, how did Allister die? You forgot to tell us what the doctor said." Tamika says

"Well, they said he had a heart attack. They wanted to keep him on life support but I told them to pull the goddamn plug." Veronica says smiling as she sips her drink.

"He had it coming. Always be nice to your family, because they will be in charge of your wheelchair. Or in this case, your life." Vixen laughs.

"Exactly what grandmother Rose use to say. But at least she had more heart than her son" Raymon says

"He was money hungry. He didn't really care for family. He thought they got in the way of his happiness." Victoria says as she stares into the fire.

"We are finally free. And that means I'm next in line for the company." Victoria's uncle, Andrew, says.

"And you'll run it greatly. You'll be a much greater legacy." Veronica says

---------------------------------------------------------

Vixen leads Victoria to a room they use to go as kids. The attic. Always going there to get away from the world, their father and their problems. When they were teenagers, they use to take their father's bourbon and drink while talking to each other.

"So, Hudson is flirting with you? And that made Colin jealous. But he has a girlfriend? At this point, he doesn't know what he wants."

"He told me he loved me, Vixen. But I don't know. And yes, Hudson was flirting with me but I don't like him like that." Victoria says as she hands her brother the bottle.

"Well, you two did break up. But if he loves you, he would break up with his girlfriend. But give it time. And the reason why he's lashing out, is projecting the fact he can't have you." Vixen says as he lights up his cigarette.

"You know what I don't get? Why dad was such an asshole and a shitty father all these years. Especially when he made me move away." Victoria says as she stares at the bottle she's holding.

"Like you said, he thought we were holding him back. Besides, your back now. That's all that matters. We don't have to worry about him anymore." Vixen holds Victoria's hand and she lays her head on his shoulder.

"Has anyone told you that you are a great brother?" Victoria jokes

"Many people have. You and mom." Vixen chuckles as he hugs his younger sister tight.

"Thank you, Vixen."

"Any day, Tori."

---------------------------------------------------------

As she walks to her loft door, she gets off the elevator to see a certain someone. Waiting. His eyes meet hers and he looks back towards the ground.

"Late night?" Colin asks

"I should ask you the same thing." Victoria says as she walks to him. "What are you doing here Colin?"

He holds out a pearl necklace. "You forgot your necklace, it fell off when you were rushing to leave. Kitty found it."

She takes the necklace from his hand. Their hands touch, their eyes meet again. She wanted to grasp his face in her hands and kiss him hard. She wanted him to reach out to her and hold her. But unfortunately, he doesn't do that. Nothing but sadness takes over her.

"Thanks. Anything else?" Victoria says trying to keep her composure.

"Not really, Goodnight Davenport." Colin says as he goes to leave.

She wanted to stop him. But she doesn't. She couldn't forget what he said. She couldn't forget how he acted. But she wanted to forget and forgive him. She wanted to be with him. In his arms. Her head laying on his chest again. His fingers running through her hair. The laughs, the smiles, the loving feeling. She wanted all that again, just like they did when they first started dating.

She wanted him back to her.

A ringing phone brings her back to reality. Colin answers and talks to the person on the end of the line.

Victoria sighs and goes to open her door. But a hand stops her. They shut the door and lock it again. Colin drags her to the elevator.

"Stefan, calm down mate. We'll be there soon." Colin says frantically as he pushes the elevator button. He hangs up the phone, his face pale.

"Colin, what's wrong? Is Stefan okay?" Victoria asks worryingly

"Stefan can't find the flash drive. The flash drive for Thakur's game idea. The one that will help raise up the company. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587 17 9
Victoria has known her husband for most of her life and the entirety of her afterlife. Before Victoria met him, she and another man were as thick as...
232K 5.6K 23
*Major editing* You're Sebastian's sister and you've been wondering why for over 200 years what happened to your dear brother since you two where clo...
315K 11.4K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
592K 17.9K 37
"Cornelia, let's make a deal. You will be my fake girlfriend for 3 months. And I will pay you 30 million dollars for your service, how is that?" "I r...