What Could Have Been (Attack...

By ImalaTasubaki

(Y/N) D'Angelo is an only child. She lives with her parents in Shiganshina District. Her dream was to become... More

Prologue + Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 6

46 1 1
By ImalaTasubaki

(Y/N)'s POV)

I was again, practicing with Levi. This time we had a live audience. Petra, Eld, and Gunther were here. The only one who wasn't here was Oluo, he was cleaning the mansion.

Levi was about to punch me but I quickly backed away. Not wasting any time, he quickly run up to me and grabbed my arm. He pulled me closer to him and tripped me, making me fall straight on my face.

"That looked like it hurt." I heard Gunther laugh a bit. A loud groan escaped from my lips. Deciding not to stand up just yet, I kept lying on the ground face-down.

"What are you doing? Get up, we're not done." I heard Levi say. He already sounded very annoyed.

"I'm thinking." I answered and slowly kneeled down.

"Don't plan your attacks. Your enemy won't do the things you want them to do. Think in the middle of the fight." Levi slowly took off his jacket and placed it on the wooden fence. I blinked and stood up.

"And what if I make my enemy do exactly want I want them to do in the middle of the fight?" I asked. Levi suddenly stopped his movements and waited for a while. Then he looked at me. There was still the same cold expression on his face. It never seemed to change.

"And how would you like to do that?" He huffed. I shrugged a bit, not answering his question. I looked at the ground and thought about it for a few seconds before I saw Levi running toward me. Somehow, I managed to dodge his attack. He was attacking for a while and I managed to avoid every one of his attacks.

"Ha! (Y/N) is getting better." Gunther looked at Petra with a smile. She nodded in agreement. I smiled to myself, It made me proud. And when I get proud, I lose focus really quickly. And suddenly, I felt a sharp pain right in my stomach. And this made me fall to my knees.

(Third Person POV)

Levi noticed how easily (Y/N) can be distracted and saw that as a problem. She was looking straight at him, but her mind was elsewhere. Annoyed, he clicked his tongue. He shook his head at the thought of how big her ego was.

Running up to her, he punched her in the stomach and she fell to her knees. Then he tightly grasped her hair and kept her head still. Right after, he kicked her in the face with his knee.

Both Gunter and Petra gasped, they watched Levi beat (Y/N) as if she was some kind of trash. He kicked and punched her repeatedly, It made both of them feel bad for (Y/N). Blood began to drip from (Y/N)'s nose and mouth. She's also probably going to have a black eye. Simply put, her whole face is going to be messed up.

Levi ended his attack with a strong kick in her stomach, making (Y/N) fell on her back. She turned to her side and wrapped her hands around her stomach, coughing out her own blood. Annoyed, Levi rolled his eyes and fixed his posture. 

"Maybe now you'll take the training a bit more seriously. I will teach you the hard way, brat. Whether you like it or not, I don't care. Nobody is going to help you out there. If you get into a tough situation, no one might be there to save you. You'll realize that soon enough." Levi looked down at (Y/N) helpless body. He then turned around and grabbed his jacket. Both Petra and Gunther were looking away, not being able to face (Y/N) or Levi.

"Tomorrow, you better be here on time. One minute late and you're running laps around the mansion." Levi looked at (Y/N) with one eye before walking away. Not giving two shits about the pain (Y/N) was in right now. As soon as Levi left, Gunther stood up and quickly made his way towards (Y/N)'s lying body. Petra followed close behind.

(Y/N) couldn't even describe the pain she was feeling right now. She felt as if her whole body was lit on fire. Gunther was about to help her up but she slapped his hand away. He blinked in confusion. Slowly, (Y/N) got on her knees, wiped the blood that was dripping from her face, and stood up. Both Gunter and Petra were looking at her, surprised.

(Y/N)'s expression seemed to shift. Besides her face being all bloody, she looked more serious now. The determination that was in her (E/C) eyes was hard to miss. (Y/N) wiped away her blood one last time before she began to make her way toward the mansion. Slowly, a small smile appeared on Petra's lips. Gunther looked at her confused, he didn't understand why she was smiling. (Y/N) might not become the strongest soldier but she's surely going to be one that people will remember.

-Time skip-

(Y/N) refused help from anyone and took care of her wounds herself. It really hurt to get beaten up by Levi like that. And she's probably going to remember it till her last day. But it made her realize something. It made her realize that she has many more things to learn and improve.

Before the sun set down, her job was to clean the stables. So she was doing that. While all the horses were out in the paddock, she cleaned all the stalls and prepared their food. Once she was done, she was about to lead all the horses back to the stable, and that's when she spotted the black stallion.

(Y/N) halted her moves and observe him for a while. He was happily chewing on some grass. She then looked around, and when she saw that nobody was around she opened the gate and walked inside the paddock. She might die later since she wasn't allowed to interact with the black stallion at all, but she didn't care. Slowly, she made her way toward the black stallion. And as soon as he saw her approaching, his ears pinned back.

"What you mad about? I'm just looking at you." (Y/N) jokingly said. The black stallion raised his head up high in the air and slowly began to make his way toward her. A small smile appeared on (Y/N)'s lips as she halted herself.

"Oh? Do I look interesting to you? That might be because of my face." (Y/N) pointed at her blue eye with a small chuckle. The black horse stopped a few meters away from her and tilted his head slightly to the side. As if he was observing her. (Y/N) then grabbed the apple she had and reached her hand out toward him.

"You want a snack?" (Y/N) asked. Waiting as if he would give her some kind of answer. He didn't move one bit, he just stared. (Y/N) then brought the apple to her lips and took a small bite.

"See? It's good." (Y/N) said. Quickly brushing away the bitter taste of the apple. The black stallion snorted and slowly began to make his way toward (Y/N). Once he was close enough, (Y/N) let him sniff her hand and the apple as well. And after a while, he took the apple and ate it.

"There you go. It was good right?" (Y/N) tilted her head to the side with a smile. After he finished chewing on the apple he walked closer. (Y/N) tried to pet the black stallion but he quickly moved his head away, and his ears fell flat once again. 

"It's alright bud, not gonna hurt ya." (Y/N) looked up at the black horse. Slowly, his ears pointed forward and he moved his head closer to her body. Smiling a bit, (Y/N) tried to pet him once again and this time, he let her.

"See? Not so bad is it? " (Y/N) giggled as she began to pet him with both of her hands. And it seemed like he liked it. Suddenly, a loud sound came from behind (Y/N). It spooked him and he run away.

(Y/N) clicked her tongue and looked over her shoulder and her eyes landed on Petra. She was holding a bucket full of water that was now on the ground. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly parted. Her expression seemed shocked.

"You look like you saw a ghost!" (Y/N) playfully said and run up to her comrade. Petra was too stunned to speak. After she finally calmed down, they leaned against the fence and began to talk about the black stallion.

"His name is Hagro. He has an interesting story." Petra said as she watched the black stallion run around the paddock. (Y/N) began to pay attention.

"He's a hybrid. A mix between a Thoroughbred and a Shire horse to be specific." Petra explained as she leaned against her palm. (Y/N) looked at her and raised one of her brows.

"Meaning?" (Y/N) asked, wanting to know more about Hagro. Petra smiled a bit.

"If you get a closer look at him, you can see that he's not too fat but not too skinny. He has a perfect weight. Meaning that he's fast just like our horses. He's visibly larger than them but despite that, he can outrun the Titans. He used to be ridden by one of our soldiers, but that soldier died. And ever since then, Hagro has been very aggressive. At first, they wanted to put him down but we refused." Petra finished. (Y/N) was looking at her but then she looked at Hagro.

"Maybe he's just lonely. People get lonely, horses can too." (Y/N) said as she began to climb over the fence. Petra tried to stop her but before she could do the, (Y/N) was already on the other side.

"Hagro." (Y/N) called out and whistled right after. Hagro raised his head up and kept his brown eyes at (Y/N) for a few seconds. Then, began to gallop toward her. Petra immediately panicked. (Y/N) stopped walking and waited for Hagro to reach her. Once he was close enough he slowed down and came to a halt.

"Hey, bud." (Y/N) let Hagro sniff her hand. He seemed relaxed so she walked to his side and placed her hand on his neck while the other one was on the bridge of his nose. She was keeping a close eye on his reactions though. She didn't want to scare him or make him uncomfortable in any way. Petra watched in disbelief. It was a long time since Hagro let someone this close to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519 12 35
The moment Emalina Varlen loses her parents when Shiganshina fell, she decides to join the military in order to become strong. There she meets Jean K...
12.6K 229 19
≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ➢DISCONTINUED!! ❃ ➢Y/n is a girl 1 year younger than Eren and she i...
741K 22K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
2.9M 93.7K 76
Y/N has always strived to be her very best, In hope to make her parents proud. But starts to strive harder when her town, Shiganshina falls. She deci...