Animal Cutie (Hunter X Hunter...

بواسطة Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

(Y/N) (L/N) has a power that she had since birth. The power to imitate any animals. It would be fine to (Y/N)... المزيد

Information & Notes
Chapter One : Departure
Chapter Two : The Hunter Exam
Chapter Three : Phase One Part One
Chapter Four : Phase One Part Two
Chapter Five : Phase Two Part One
Chapter Six : Phase Two Part Two
Chapter Seven : Adventure in the Airship
Chapter Eight : Adventure in the Airship Part Two
Chapter Nine : Phase Three Part One
Chapter Ten : Phase Three Part Two
Chapter Eleven : Phase Three Part Three
Chapter Twelve : Phase Three The Fifty Hours
Chapter Thirteen : Phase Three Part Four
Chapter Fourteen : Phase Four Part One
Chapter Fifteen : Phase Four Part Two
Chapter Seventeen : The Assassin's True Desires
Chapter Eighteen : Kukuroo Mountain
Chapter Nineteen : Saving Our Dear Friend
Chapter Twenty : Killua's Family
Chapter Twenty One : Reuniting with our Friend
Chapter Twenty Two : Unexpected Event
Chapter Twenty Three : Heaven's Arena
Chapter Twenty Four : Nen
Chapter Twenty Five : Awakening
Chapter Twenty Six : Gon's Punishment
Chapter Twenty Seven : Innocence and Jealousy
Chapter Twenty Eight : Understanding
Chapter Twenty Nine : Blackmail
Chapter Thirty : Payback
Chapter Thirty One : 200s Class Matches
Chapter Thirty Two : Nen Aura Types
Chapter Thirty Three : Gon vs Hisoka
Chapter Thirty Four : Return of Rivals
Chapter Thirty Five : A Day With Each Other
Chapter Thirty Six : Jealousy
Chapter Thirty Seven : Sick
Chapter Thirty Eight : Falling In Love
Chapter Thirty Nine : Sudden Disappearance and Appearance
Chapter Forty : Advice
Chapter Forty One : Decisions
Chapter Forty Two : Gon's Ending
Chapter Forty Three : Killua's Ending
Chapter Forty Four : Kurapika's Ending
Last Animal Cutie Author's Note

Chapter Sixteen : The Final Phase

29.8K 700 715
بواسطة Cute_And_Sweet_Candy

~Chapter Sixteen : The Final Phase~
~Start~

**********

Finally, another day has come and it's finally time for the last phase to begin. You and all the other applicants who managed to survive and pass all the phases was gathered together in a some kind of place.

Infront of all of you is the chairman of the Hunter association, Netero. On the side, there was a bunch of men in suit while on the other side was the phase examineers.

"Well, applicants." Netero started. "Did you all get plenty of rest?" He asked.

"This hotel is owned by the hunter exam selection committee. This place is all yours until the battles have concluded." Netero explained.

Then, an assistant appeared pushing a something with a cover on it. "For this final phase, we will be holding a one-on-one tournamet." Netero said as he pulled off the covers.

You all widen tour eyes to see an unusual bracket. "So only the last person standing pass?" Leorio asked.

"No." Netero said as he raises his index finger. "One win is all you need to pass." He said.

"One win?" Gon said, suprised.

"So, this tournament is..." Leorio trailed off.

"The winners are removed from the competition while the losers continue up the bracket." Netero explained as he pointed to the top of the bracket. "In other words, the one who will reach the top will be the one who will not pass."

"Do you understand now?" Netero asked.

"So you're saying that only one person will fail?" Hanzo asked.

"Exactly." Netero said as he pulled off the seal that's been covering the bracket. "And here is the bracket."

You look to find your name and picture. Once you found it, you look to see that you're fighting against applicant #53. Pokkle.

Ignoring your own fight, you look at Kurapika who's just right beside you once you saw his opponent was Hisoka. Kurapika's eyes were close and seemed perfectly calm.

"Impressive, right?" Netero said. "After all, everyone has atleast two chances to win." Netero said.

"But some people," Your opponent, Pokkle said. "Like #294 and #405 has five chances." He said.

"Why didn't you use a balanced bracket?" The kung-fu old man, Bodoro asked.

"A question that must be on everyone's mind." Netero said. "This bracket was assembled based on your performance throughout the exam. Those who performed better gets more chance." Netero explained.

Killua widen his eyes. "That doesn't sound right." He said as the chairman looked at him. "Can you explain on how you scored our performance?" Killua asked.

Netero just closed his eyes and smiled. Then, he shooked his head frantically. "No!" He yelled, sending shivers down your and Killua's spine.

Killua grew a vein. "Why not!?" He said.

Netero laughed. "The scores are classified information, so I can't tell you everything. But I can explain your methods." He said.

"First, we consider three major criteria :" Netero said as he raised three fingers. "Physical strength, mental strength and overall impression."

"For physical strength, we use an aggragate of agility, flexibility, endurance and preception." Netero said. "For mental strength, we use an aggragate of resillience, adaptibility, judgement and creativity. However this information is only used as a refrence point. After all, you were all strong enough to advance to the final phase."

"However, we are most concern with your overall impression. This refers to any intangible factors not previously mentioned " Netero continued as he chuckled. "You could consider this as the evaluation of your pontential as a hunter and we also corporate the opinion of your peers. That was our process." Netero finished.

You looked at Killua to see what's wrong. He look really serious and has the tint of unfairness in his face.

"The battle rules are quite simple. Weapons of any kind are allowed. No cheating. If your opponent admits defeat, you win." Netero explained. "However! If you kill your opponent, you will be immediatly disqualified. All the remaining applicants will pass and the exam will end. Are we clear?"

When none answered, they just took it as a sign that you all said "Yes" and continued on.

"Then, we shall begin the exam's final phase."

**********

You dropped your bag gently on the ground as you realize that you will be the first to battle. You fixed your long hair into a ponytail and dust off your clothes. You smiled. "Okay! I'm ready!" You said.

Gon smiled at you. "Good luck, (Y/N)!" He said.

You nodded at him. Kurapika patted your shoulder. "Don't be too hard on yourself." Kurapika said.

"I won't!" You said, smiling at them.

"First match, (Y/N) vs Pokkle. Please step forward." A guy wearing a suit who you assumed to be the referee said.

You step forward, with a slight smile. Reaching the middle of the room, you faced your opponent who faced back to you with a serious face. "Let's have a fair fight." You said as you bowed.

Pokkle looks suprised at your actions but regain his position. You then, stood up properly and prepare yourself.

"Begin!" The guy started.

Quickly, Pokkle got his bow and quickly grab an arrow from his back and aimed at your leg. (Aiming at your head or in the torso might cause you your death.)

But at the same time, you reacted as quick as him and quickly moved your feet and ran around him. "Those arrows looked so suspicious." You thought as you dodged every arrow he's thrown you. "He might have put something on those. I need to be careful."

Pokkle was getting frustrated on how you kept moving around resulting on him of missing you but still haven't stop. You smiled and pulled something from your skirt pocket and ran towards at Pokkle. "He just needs to surrender!" You thought.

Before Pokkle can react, you were behind him and grabbed his hands where it will break in one move. You put out your other hand that is holding a knife and pointed it on him.

"Surrender or I will stab you." You threatened..!

Pokkle was sweating and still wondering how you trap him in a swift movement but smirked. "If you stab me, I'll die and you'll be disqualified." Pokkle said.

"Hmm, well, that's right." You said then pointed the knife on his leg. "How about I start here? You won't die easily here right?" You said.

Pokkle trembled and he looked scared but he isn't saying he surrendered so you smiled. "Okay then...!" You said as you raised your hand up and prepare to stab him.

"I give!" He yelled just before the knife can reach his leg. You giggled and let go of him. "Yay!" You said as you fist-pumped and looked at your friends and they smiled at you.

"(Y/N) won the first match!" The referree said.

Pokkle stood up slowly and "Tch"ed, disappointed at himself. You turned to him and raised the "knife" you had. "Pokkle-san, look at this." You said.

He looked at you as you put your finger onto the knife and pressed it. But to everyone's suprise, it bent backwards. It took a second before everyone realized that the knife you were threatning Pokkle with was just a plastic one. You stuck out your tounge at him.

"I was actually pretty afraid it won't work but it did...Somehow." You said and turned to the chairman. "I won this match which means I passed right?" You said.

Netero nodded. "Yes." He said.

You smiled and walked back to your friends. Gon was the first one to approach you. "That was smart (Y/N)! I thought you were actually holding a real knife!" Gon said.

You scratched your head. "Ehehehe... Yumi-san gave that to me as a self-defense weapon. I don't know how am I going to protect myself with this though." You said, sweatdropping.

"But it worked as a threatning weapon." Kurapika smiled.

You smiled back. "I guess..." You said and you looked behind Kurapika and saw Killua who's thinking quite deeply and serious. You walked over to him. "You okay?" You asked him.

He seemed to snap out of it and looked at you then looked down and nodded. "Yeah..." He said.

You looked at him, curious and concern of what he's thinking. "O...Kay?" You said, unsure.

Just as you're gonna turn away from him, he slightly grabbed your wrist. You turned around, suprised. "What is it?" You asked.

"Does...Gon have more potential than me?" Killua asked, serious.

You wondered for a moment and looked at him and smiled. "Mm...I wouldn't say he have more than yours but I wouldn't he have less than yours too." You said, truthfully. "In my opinion, I think you and Gon just have the same amount of potentials but maybe you have more skills than him." You said.

He looked down and slowly remove the grip he has on your wrist. "I see..." He said as he smiled slightly. "Thanks." He said.

You smiled at him and looked to the middle of the room to find it's Gon against Hanzo. Gon was tying his shoe while Hanzo was cracking his hands.

"Second match is Gon vs Hanzo!" The referree said.

You smiled. "Go Gon!" You yelled as you waved at him. "Good luck!"

Gon smiled at you and waved back and turned to Hanzo, seriously.

"Begin!" The referree said.

Once he said that, Gon quickly dashed to the side allowing spaces between Hanzo and him. But to your suprise, Hanzo caught up with him. You widen your eyes in horror as Hanzo hit the back of Gon's neck. Hard.

Gon fell to the ground, twitching and looked like in a lot of pain.

"Well, if this is a normal fight, it would all be over." Hanzo said as he grabbed Gon's shoulders and sitted him up.

He then pressed his knee on the back of Gon's torso. You had to close your other eye as you saw how much pain Gon is feeling now.

"Hey, wake up." Hanzo said. "You must be feeling terrible right now. I hit you hard enough to make your brain bounce around." He said. "Can you hear me? You stand no chance against me. Might as well give up now."

Gon struggled to speak up. "N-No...Way!" Gon said only to receive another hit in the head, making him cough.

"Think about it. If you give up now, you'll still be in a decent shape for your next fight." Hanzo said. "There's no reason to be stubborn. Just give up."

Gon paused for a bit, sweat dripping down from his face then, looking up. "That's never going to happen!" Gon yelled.

Then, a punch in the gut was he received from that, making him lay in the ground clutching his stomach in agony. You, Kurapika and Leorio flinched at this.

Gon struggled to get up again only receiving another punch in the gut, making him fall back on the ground in agony again.

"Gon! Don't be silly!" You heard Leorio yelled. "You still have another chance! You should..."

Kurapika cutted him off. "Leorio!" He yelled. "If you're on Gon's position right now, will you give up?" Kurapika asked.

"Hell, no!" Leorio yelled as he looked at Hanzo. "That guy thinks he's hot stuff..." Leorio muttered.

"Gon feels the same way!" Kurapika said.

"I know! I know that but..." Leorio trailed off. "But there isn't any other choice!"

"You're contradicting yourself, but I know how you feel!" Kurapika said as Gon got kicked instead this time, two of them flinched and you, couldn't take how much pain Gon is going through, hid behind Kurapika's back which he puts rest his hand to you comfortly.

*********

Three hours have passed, you and your friends had to watch Gon defenselessly getting beated up by Hanzo, himself. The floor was now stained with Gon's blood and your eyes have tiny bits of tears on the side as you watch your friend being brutally beated up right before your eyes.

"It's been three hours already..." You heard your previous opponent, Pokkle said.

"There's nothing left of him to vomit." Bodoro said.

You can feel Leorio snapping on the side as he clenches his fist tightly. "Enough already..." Leorio started. "I'll kill you! I'll fight you in his place!"

Hanzo turned around to look at him. "If you can't take it then leave. It's about to get worse." Hanzo said.

"What was that!?" Leorio said, stepping in despite you and Kurapika's effort to stop him. Then, two men in a suit blocked him.

"No one may interfere in a one-on-one fight. If you step in, Gon will be the one who'll be disqualified." The referree said, making Leorio back up.

"It's okay..." You all heard the weak voice of Gon. "Leorio..." He said with his hands on his knees, struggling to look up. "This is...Nothing..." Gon struggled to speak up. "I...Can still...Fight..."

"Gon..." You thought. Hanzo looked at him for a second and eventually tripped him on his foot. Then, Hanzo grabbed his left arm and pinned them behind Gon's back.

"I'm going to break your arm." Hanzo said, making you, Kurapika and Leorio widen your eyes.

"I'm not joking around so give up. Surrender." Hanzo said.

Gon paused for a moment and looked up with a not giving up face and yelled :

"Never!"

**********

Tears were now dropping from your eyes while your mouth was hanging open in horror. Hanzo really did break Gon's arm.

Gon was now clutching his left arm in an unbelievable agony with sweat dropping from the tip of his nose.

"There you go." Hanzo said. "Now, you can't use your left arm."

Leorio was clenching his fist so tightly and gritting his teeth in rage. "Kurapika...(Y/N)..." Leorio called. "Don't try to stop me..." Leorio said. "If that bastard did anything else to Gon..." He said. "Sorry, Gon, but I can't help myself..."

"Me? Stop you?" Kurapika said, sounds so perfectly calm but you snapped out of your horror world when you notice how odd Kurapika's calm voice is. You looked up at Kurapika and widen your eyes as Kurapika's eyes were slowly turning scarlet. "Don't worry. There's no chance of that happening." Kurapika said.

"I'm sure your in too much pain to listen but hear me out." Hanzo said as he lifted himself up with one hand. "I am decended from the shinobi, a clan of convert agents." Hanzo said.

"From the day I was born, I was forced to endure a harsh training in order to master the art of Ninpo. For eighteen years, I have trained my body and technique without rest." Hanzo explained. "About your age, I already killed a man. At this point of time, you can't defeat me in combat." Hanzo said as he lifted himself with one finger. "I'm trying to be nice. So just give u-"

But before he could continue, you all widen your eyes in suprise when Gon cutted him off by kicking him hard on the face. Hanzo was sent flying and Gon landed on the ground.

"Ow...Damn it!" Gon whined as he sat up, still clutching his broken left arm. "My head's cleared a bit after all the pain I took and that long explanation!" Gon said.

You smiled widely. All the fear, sadness and other negative emotions was been quickly washed away as soon as you saw Gon in a less-pained situation. You sighed in relief as you can finally breath properly again. Wiping your remaining tears and sniffing a bit, you smiled once again.

"Yeah! Go get him Gon!" Leorio yelled, obviously happy on Gon's recovery as You and Kurapika smiled at him.

Gon stood up properly with less struggle this time. "If you're eighteen, that means you're only six years older than I am!" Gon said. "Plus, this isn't a match to know who's the strongest but to know who's willing to surrender first!"

Hanzo got up with blood coming out of the two holes of his nose. "I let you kick me on purpose." Hanzo said.

"Liar!" Leorio said in the background only to be ignored.

"You don't understand..." Hanzo said, wiping the blood from his nose. "This is not a warning but an ultimatum. Was it too hard for you to understand? I'll make it easier for you." He said as he pulled out a long and sharp sword from his hand.

"I'll cut off your legs so that it can't be reattached." Hanzo said as he swing his sword around. "A permanent injury may help you woke up." He said as he raise his sword. "But first, let me ask you again. Surrender."

Gon just kept looking at him and paused for a second. Everything in the room was covered in silence. Until Gon broke it himself.

"I won't accept that!"

He yelled making everyone in the whole room shock by his answer and even Hanzo himself.

"I don't want my legs to be cut off but I don't want to surrender either!" Gon said. "So, let's find a different way to fight!" Gon suggested.

Hanzo looked at Gon as if he was crazy. "Hey! Do you even understand you're own situation!?" Hanzo yelled.

You covered your mouth to take control over your laughter but failed at the end when you let out a giggle. Everyone then, started to laugh.

"You don't get to take commands! Are you insulting me!? I'm seriously going to cut off your legs!" Hanzo yelled.

Gon looked at him confidentally. "Even so, I won't give up." Gon said, making Hanzo grit his teeth in frustration. "Besides, if you cut off my legs, I'll bleed to death you know." He said as he looked behind Hanzo and looked at the referree. "If he does that, he'll be disqualified right?"

"Oh, yes." The referree said.

Gon turned back to the frustrated Hanzo. "See? Neither of us wants that to happen right? So let's think of a better way to fight!" Gon said.

"I think he's okay now..." Kurapika said, smiling. "Gon has taken control..."

"He's so self-centered..." Leorio said.

"But he's succeeded on convincing Hanzo and the rest of us." Kurapika said.

You slowly came out of Kurapika's back. "And that's the way Gon is!" You added as Kurapika nodded.

Hanzo gritted his teeth and struck his sword forward to Gon's forehead and stopped infront of it. Gon didn't even blinked at the impact but his forehead was slowly trailing out blood.

"You really don't get it..." Hanzo said. "If you die, you'll never get another chance. If I kill you here, I still get to try again next year. We're not on the same footing!" Hanzo said.

Gon just kept looking at Hanzo with normal eyes as if nothing is happening infront of him right now. Hanzo was uncomfortable on his look.

"Why won't you concede? It's easy to do it. You can try again next year." Hanzo said. "Do you value your pride more than your own life!? Are you really willing to die for your pride!?" Hanzo yelled.

Gon kept staring at him until he finally spoke up. "I'm going to find my dad." Gon said.

You widen your eyes so did your friends. "Your dad?" Hanzo asked.

"My dad is a hunter." Gon said. "That's why I'm going to become a hunter and find him!" Gon yelled with his eyes shining in confidence. "I believe that I'll find him one day."

"But I had the feeling that if I give up right now, I'll never find him." Gon said as a drop of blood from his forehead was heard. "So I'm not gonna surrender."

"If you don't yield, you'll die..." Hanzo said as he pressed his sword slightly harder on his forhead.

Then, suddenly, Hanzo removed his sword from Gon's forehead and walked away from Gon. "I give up. You win." Hanzo said, making everyone suprise including Gon.

"I can't kill you." Hanzo said. "But I can't think of a way to make you surrender. I'll take the loss and take chances on my next turn."

Gon narrowed his eyes. "I can't accept that..." Gon said as he pointed to Hanzo. "That's not fair!" He said, making veins appear on Hanzo's forehead. "We both have to think of a way to settle this fight!"

Hanzo turned around to face Gon. "Heh. I knew you would say that." Hanzo said and pointed at Gon. "You fool! There's no point because everybody knows you'll never surrender!" Hanzo yelled.

"But I don't want to win like this!" Gon yelled back.

"So what am I supposed to do!?" Hanzo yelled.

"That's why I've been telling you that both of us needs to work together to figure this out!" Gon yelled.

Hanzo stood up, frustrated. "In other words, I've already given up this match but you want me to try and make you surrender again while determining a way to make you feel good about your vistory! Is that right?" Hanzo asked.

Gon smiled widely. "Yup!" He said.

Hanzo grew a vein and sent Gon flying. "You moron!" Hanzo yelled as Gon landed to the ground, unconcsious with a smile on his face.

"Hey, ref. I already given up this match, let's move on onto the next match." Hanzo said.

"Understood." The referree said.

"But I would like to talk to the committee first." Hanzo said as he turned to Netero. "When he wake up, he will probably refuse his passing judgement because he's a stubborn boy as you we've seen."

"Only one person will fail at this round, right?" Hanzo asked. "If Gon fails, wouldn't that make the rest of our fight meaningless?"

"True..." You muttered and watch Gon being carried out of the room to tend his injuries. You looked at Kurapika.

"Umm, Kurapika?" You called.

He looked at you and smiled. "What is it?" He asked.

"I'm going to check on Gon, okay?" You said.

Kurapika nodded. "Sure. Go ahead." He said.

You smiled and ran out of the door and followed the man who's carrying Gon.

**********

The man put Gon in a normal room and tend his injuries. Once the man leaved the room you walked over to Gon and sat down in a chair beside him. He was sleeping peacefully while smiling in his sleep.

You smiled and sweatdropped at the same time. "Really..." You said. "There's no clue on what's going on your mind..."

Suddenly, your vision was blurring and you yawned. You slightly widen your eyes. "Huh...Why do I feel so sleepy all of sudden..." You muttered, sleepily and looked at the bed sheets and smiled slightly. "Maybe it wouldn't hurt to lay down a bit..." You muttered as you placed your head in the bedsheets and closing your eyes.

"I guess...I was tired of running from my fight earlier... Or maybe...Because I cried too much? I don't know..."

**********
~End~
**********
A/N :

Ow...The Gon vs Hanzo scene was so painful to write...Sorry if I made you fight Pokkle...Yeah, I know his weak (Well, not really) but I just couldn't find anyone who's approvable for you to fight. I just...I'm sorry okay?

And also, I put my other story on hiatus because I couldn't focus on two stories at once! So I'll continue that story after I finish this book.

**********

New awesome people that get candies :

• DigiGirl101
• LovelyRebel46
• MaFlorenciaCruz
• WookieTheBeater
• ErinMccatchan
• _The_Great_Otaku_
• Jaydedgirl
• Kayuku

I'm wonder if I can actually thank all of you in real life?

**********

Comment responses :

Give_Meh_Cheesecake (Chapter 15)
= Don't worry, you'll be hugging Kurapika soon! (^ν^)

fireflies1980, AlliahZoldyck (Chapter 15)
= Totally!

AlliahZoldyck (Chapter 15)
= Yay!

pixi-chan (Chapter 15)
= Well, I actually just rely on my english language because someone told me that as long as I have a good grasp of english language, I'll be fine!

LovelyRebel46 (Chapter 15)
= Ehehehe, Maybe! (Just kidding)

SugaDoll, RealityandAnime3388 (Chapter 15)
= My story is adorable? Well, how about a look on your profile pictures? It's so cute!

Wolfgodess1 (Chapter 15)
= Mm...Actually, (Y/N)-chan was asking if the kid's (Killua) target was #199. Sorry, if it doesn't make sense to you, it screwed with my brain for while.

ErinMccutchan (Chapter 15)
= Well, enough waiting, here it is (^o^)!

**********

**Please Wait Patiently for Chapter Seventeen**

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

18.7K 438 46
𝔄 15 𝔶𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔤𝔦𝔯𝔩 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔱 𝔥𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔰...𝔅𝔲𝔱 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔞𝔡𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔦𝔱𝔰.. 𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔥𝔢𝔯...
107K 3.3K 24
You are a young girl who usually doesn't have a care in the world. After meeting a special silver haired boy named Killua, you go out to adventure w...
202 26 8
Leorio has finished his medical residency. He wants to get everyone together for a celebration in beautiful Orida Island. What will happen when Leori...
575 39 12
Hunters exist to perform all manner of dangerous tasks like capturing criminals and bravely searching for lost treasures in uncharted territories. Tw...