PJO Monthly Magazine: Edition...

By PJO_Magazines

Did you know, the month March was named by Romans after the name of Mars(Ares). This month was used by Romans... More

Introductions
Blackjack - A brief study
PeRcY JaCkSoN JoKes
Interview with Jackson
Book Review: Perseus the Disgraced Archangel
Winners of February 2022
March 2022 Iapetus Poetry Competition
Recomended books of the month

The proposal ring: Rebellion stirring

23 4 0
By PJO_Magazines

The realm of the monsters
Neither land nor the skies,
Darkness hides it all
Deceived by death or lies

The last rays mend
The architecture's bend
Lost in blue dark
Guarded by the death bark

~Previously on The Proposal Ring~

"I told you that the monsters fear us. What I did not tell you was that the monsters work for us."

What?

I am doomed. Typical day.

~A few hours later still in Percy's P.O.V.~

I lay still in a cell. To be honest, cell is a better word for the place I am in. It was in the darkest part of a dungeon, full of darkness and spiders and garbage. Also they were grateful enough to give me the most smelly cell too.

Such kindness for visitors.

I didn't even have Riptide with me to cut through the bars. It didn't re-appear in my pocket a few moments later.

This cell contained water powers too. No water power allowed. Besides I am in a place where almost everyone has control over water. Benthesikyme had even more control than me, being a deity of the water.

My ADHD didn't help matters. I fidgeted with a few stones that I found around laying.

The sound of soft foot-steps came to me. I peered out of the cell.

Six guards walked through the pathway. In the midst was Benthesikyme. She walked up to the cell where I was.

"Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson, savior of Olympus in the second Titanomachy one of the seven heroes of Olympus in the second gigantomachy. I believe an explanation is in order."

Benthesikyme surely had a way with words. She waved five of her guards to leave. Only one remained.

"Well, you kidnap you half-brother, keeps him in VIP service for 6 hours, an explanation is . . . the least you can provide me with." I told her.

"It indeed is VIP service." Her right eye-brow quirked up in amusement.

"It's Very Important Prisoner, just so you know."

Benthesikyme let out a soft laughter.

"You have done a really nice job in amusing me, Perseus. After all, the rumors of your extraordinary skills at pissing off Zeus and other gods has reached Krakentis."

I looked at her straight at her eyes. It was a symbol that I was not backing off.

I noticed her properly for the first time. Benthesikyme had really dark sea-green eyes. They were stormy green. Her facial expressions matched Poseidon's, while her hair was like Amphitrite's.

"So, why are you here? Mock me? Torture me? Force me into your army? Kill me? I would be especially happy if you simply leave me to go my own way." I gave her a look like 'let me leave, else-'. I tried to do it the way Annabeth did. But while Annabeth's expression said 'else I will send you to Tartarus the hardest way possible', my expression always said 'else I will just do what you say.' Not at all fair.

"And yet, you amuse me, Percy Jackson."

I mock-bowed to her.

"Now, i believe the explanation time has come. So start."

Benthesikyme started pacing the pathway.

(History from here is part true, part made-up)

"So, let's begin. Around 3 millennium ago, when my father, Poseidon was made the king of Atlantis, he married Amphitrite. Amphitrite's father, Oceanus was a strong ruler. He had a lot of territories under his hand. Territories like Mermeida, Merpolis, Octapolis, Bathulopolis, Kymapolis, and Gempolis were the most famous out of his kingdoms. Now you must know about the birth of the famous Kraken."

Benthesikyme turned towards me. I nodded.

"Oceanus had a child with Ceto. He was Kraken the most fearsome monster of the sea. Kraken was born in Kymapolis. Since then, Kymapolis has always been Krakentis. Later when Poseidon got control over the seas, the territories of Oceanus sank too deep in the ocean. Poseidon then found out about Mermeida, Merpolis, Octapolis and Gempolis. Kymapolis and Bathulopolis were forgotten. Faded in the pages of history. No one knew about Kymapolis any longer. Until I found it. I was very young at that time. Only a century old I think. I was grieving while I found it."

She paused once again and took a deep breath. She did a good job with capturing my interest. I have to give that to her.

"My brother Triton was crowned as the prince and heir of Atlantis. It was decided after the Heirship battle. It was me who was supposed to take the crown, but Triton cheated in the Heirship duel."

For those who don't know what the Heirship battle is, here is some information about Poseidon's heirship battle. (completely made up). Once the oldest of the siblings reached 1 millennium old, the gods choose their heir through a heirship battle. The siblings fight war, with a thousand man army. They are given one castle to protect. The battle ends when one heir takes down all the castles. The father, Poseidon here supervises the war. Killing of an heir is totally prohibited. Annabeth tutored me in this history.

"How was that cheating exactly? Triton got control of the 5 towers on the 6th day." I asked her curiously.

"Because that dumbass excuse of a prince had two hundred army of mine under his control. He specially rewarded them after he became the heir. I had three castles, while Triton had only 2. How do you think he can win so easily? One-fifth of mine changed sides!!!"

I was dumb-founded. I blinked then.

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

Benthesikyme took a long red scroll from the one guard she kept. She passed it to me though the bars.

I opened it.

"Dammmmmmmmm" I muttered.

It was out-come of the Heirship battle. It was 2 millenniums old scroll. I suddenly felt the need of some protective gloves.

All the strategy and everything used by the 5 heirs were written in arranged orders.

"See Triton's part." Benthesikyme asked me.

It was written there.

Triton:
Outside tunnel flank - Day 1
Left Block - Day 2
Inside tunnel flank - Day 3
Surround assault - Day 4
Central Pinned - Day 5

"Yes. So what's the proof?" I asked her.

"One thousand troops. A hundred troops of Triton were lost on the first day. And Left Block causes a minimum of a hundred and seventy troops loss every time. It also ranges to seven hundred. Central pinned had caused Triton to lose fifty more that day. Surround Assault is a really difficult tactic to use. You have to sacrifice the entire front row that mostly consists of two hundred troops. So how did Triton have six hundred thirty troops still left after the war, while I lost all mine? I should have still two hundred and few more left."

It kinda went above my head. But the tone which she was using told me she was not lying, and neither were her calculations.

"Why didn't you tell Poseidon about it?" I asked her.

"Because, I still couldn't understand it at that time. I was lost in counting. I tried to tell Poseidon but until I had proof, he didn't even give it a second thought! He even banished me when I told him too much. But now, even if I tell him, he won't believe it. He would say I am lying or something. So the only option left is seize."

"So what happened next?"

"I soon found out Krakentis. I found out civilization here too. People were leaving in a terrible state, but the city had a lot of potential. The potential to become even better than Atlantis. The people accepted me as their queen. So here we are. In the city of Krakentis with a formidable army that can battle toe with toe against Atlantis. Also once the great Kraken has been reborn, we march on against Atlantis."

I took some time to go over the information I was just provided with. Benthesikyme has an army. It will attack Atlantis. Kraken is siding with Krakentis. Atlantis will be totally destroyed.

"Why are you telling me all this then?" I asked her.

Benthesikyme turned and looked at me straight at my eyes.

"Because I need your help." Her eyes gleamed.

"Why would I help you?"

"We will be sending Poseidon a ransom letter. But the chances of him giving over Atlantis just for you are really low. He will march on Krakentis immediately. With an army of 70,000 merpeople. But traps have been put all across Krakentis. All the army of Atlantis will be destroyed. Our army will still be standing and we will march on to Atlantis then and take out the defense army. Atlantis will be in ruins."

"And?"

"If you help us, the armies of Atlantis will be spared and added to the army of Krakentis. And Atlantis won't be in ruins. Krakentis will be added back to the original lands of Oceanus. The sea will be more powerful than ever. Even stronger than Olympus."

My mind started racing. Once Benthesikyme takes over Atlantis, the sea will be powerful. And she herself said that Atlantis will be stronger than Olympus. That would mean another war. This time war on Olympus. Her greed won't stop. The war between sea and sky. That would just shape like the time when the lightning bolt was stolen.

"And what will I have to do?"

"You will go back to Atlantis and challenge Triton on a battle for heirship. Triton's pride will be his downfall. He will accept your challenge and fight you. But you will be having the power of the Kraken for four hours. You will easily defeat Triton. Then you will be the heir of Atlantis. You will give Atlantis to us and we will let you free."

"What if I don't do this?"

"Atlantis will be in ruins of course, and you will be given a gift for bravery of standing up against me."

"What?" Her smile made shivers run down my spine.

"The head of the Athena Spawn you are going to propose."

Written by PerseusJSonOfSea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
272K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...