unfiltered, mat barzal

By whore4blackfamily

sophie marner is known for being unfiltered in the hockey world,, she didn't know it would catch the attentio... More

unfiltered
famous birthdays
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
epilogue pt. 1
epilogue pt. 2
epilogue pt. 3
bonus

three

10.8K 130 31
By whore4blackfamily

SOPHIE'S POV; EARLIER IN THE DAY

Once a month I decide I want to go to New York, part of my life is there. It is where I get to feel more in my atmosphere, even though I may get shit on by Rangers fans, I really do love New York. Most importantly, I love watching Islanders games, Mathew Barzal may be a reason why...

Part of my job is commentating on games, so sometimes I like to join the Islanders gang to give my opinion and I never hold back.

I have been sitting in the press room at UBS Arena waiting for the game to start. Usually, I sit up here with them for the game but I haven't been to a game in a while so I am going to sit up front near the ice.

"Sophie, you are going to interview the star player at the end of the game," The screen manager says to me.

"Doesn't Shannon usually do that?" I ask while looking between him and Shannon.

"You aren't here much so I thought you could do it," Shannon Hogan, one of the islander's commentators, said while smiling at me.

I smile while trying to keep calm from exploding in screams. Even doing this for a couple of years, the excitement of talking to the players never stops.

"Make sure to pay attention to all of the players!" Brendon, another commentator, yelled out while I was walking down to my seat. I flicked him off over my shoulder.

I have a reputation.

I walked down to my seat, it was right in front of the Islander's bench. A few people around me recognized me and asked for pictures and obviously, I agreed because I love my fans.

The game was the Bruins v the Islanders and this could go either way, especially with this season.

The players started coming out for the games and I felt at peace. All of the fans screaming and happy, this is what I love.

"First out, Ilya Sorokin!" I stood up and cheered too because goaltenders are my favorite players.

________

NY_ISLANDERS posted!

liked by user, sophiemarner, nhl, and 140,739 others

special @sophiemarner joining the fans, you might see her later on 😉
tagged sophiemarner

comments:

sophiemarner lucky to be here!!

user SHES BACK

user if they lose this game istg

user I SAW HER SHES SO NICE

user sitting right in front of the bench 😏

marner_93 traitor

user OMG did you see what she did?

user SHE JUST LOST HER SHIT LAMFUIJKDB

________

Halfway through the game, a penalty should have happened, Brad Marchand slashed Matt Martin. When Matt was on the Leafs team a couple of years ago, he quickly became close to Mitch and me, and let's just say I kind of lost it...

"No Penalty against Brad Marchand," The ref said into the microphone. Everybody in the arena started yelling and booing-the players too started yelling but my voice just really decided to stand out right now.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Are you fucking deadass? That was slashing dumbass," I yelled. I saw Matt coming back to the bench with a cut on his cheek. "There is fucking blood, you call that clean?!"

I saw that I attracted some eyes from the Bruin's giving me looks, "What the fuck you looking at? Keep your players under control fucking dumbasses."

I looked at Matt to see him looking at me with wide eyes. I held up a thumbs-up to ask if he was okay, he gave me a thumbs-up back with a nod and a smile.

I placed my hands on my hips and tried to catch my breath. I looked at the rest of the Islander's bench to see all of them looking at me surprised. My already red face turned even redder. Some of the players followed my Instagram and I interviewed them sometimes, but all of them looking at me made me want to crawl in a hole.

Especially when I made eye contact with him and he was smiling at me. I have had zero interactions with Mat, I am always too nervous to interview him so this definitely made me want to crawl in a hole. We kept eye contact until the guy, Beauvillier, sitting next to him elbowed him, making him get re-focused on the game again. I huffed angrily when the game continued like normal.

My phone buzzed with a text.

momma sydney 😇
Is Matt okay?

me
yeah, just a little cut on the cheek.
probably just angry
that Marchand didn't get a penalty

momma sydney 😇
You know the TV broadcasted everything you said.

I turned off my phone with a sigh. Great.

There was a minute left into the game, it was 4-1 islanders. Nelson, Pageau, Dobson, and Barzal all scored a goal. It was a good game and the team needed it after our losing streak right now. I got up from my seat heading to the booth to interview the star player of the game.

I got there and somebody immediately handed me a mic to put in my ear and the questions lit up next to the camera.

"Wait who am I interviewing?" I whispered to the cameraman. He pointed the script, and the first word is Mat Barzal. My mouth drops and I look around and see nobody who could take over.

"Okay, we go in 3, 2, 1. Go."

"Mat congratulations on the big win for your team! The last couple of games have been really fu- freaking terrible but now a win for the team! What does it mean?" I cough correcting myself, not supposed to cuss on live tv.

"Yeah it's nice, we knew we had to make a change and we did, so it feels good to be rewarded for it," He said with a soft smile while looking around at the seats.

"Yeah it's nice," I said smiling too. "You had the defense really actually doing something in this game, do you think defense participating more really shows a change?"

His eyes widen a little bit but then composes himself.

"Yeah, that's how the game is going lately and all the teams are doing it and us doing that it felt like us getting back in the championship stage," He said while still looking in the direction of the seats behind the benches.

"Alright, thank you, Mat for talking to us, and congrats," I said with a stupidly big smile on my face.

"Okay and we're off! Thank you, Sophie! Always a pleasure to have you here," Somebody said.

"Um yeah, thanks," I mumbled still looking at the ground unfocused.

I quickly realize how much affected me when I just heard his voice. "Holy shit I am so screwed," I groan while rubbing my temples.

____
put marchy in blast there 😳
i wrote this like a week ago and i hate it but too lazy to fix it 😁
i have already finished this entire fic LMAO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 723 36
When Maia Richardson accidentally texts the wrong number things get pretty interested
118K 1.8K 25
Acatalepsy is the idea that it is impossible to truly comprehend anything. Yet after he met her there was nothing left to comprehend. ‱ [ auston matt...
76.2K 1K 62
In which she gets bullied out of her hockey team and journeys with the gang. Sage McKenna (hockey star) is flawed. Her family is half way across the...
65.6K 751 45
[COMPLETED] Because of a silly incident and out of guiltiness Jade Kaufman was forced to move in with her cousin Tori Lee. Only to find out that she...