Midnight Neighbor | 18+

akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... Еще

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
2|| Negligence
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
26|| Much too Impulsive
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
38|| Banter
39|| Burning Curiosity
40|| Petrified
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
45|| Recklessness
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
62|| Angst
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

32|| Honesty

12.9K 504 275
akawaiiisan

Unedited~
• • •

Seong began explaining just as soon as Sophia asked him to. He stared at the spot where Ethan had been walking before turning his entire attention to Sophia, his dark expression bleeding away.

"Why am I not surprised, you didn't know anything about that event at all did you?" He laughed loudly, going back to his usual carefree self, as if their interaction with Ethan just now had been reduced to unimportant memory fragments.

Sophia pursed her lips and in the end shook her head, hoping to hell she didn't look as clueless as she felt. "I didn't."

"I wont even lecture you," he waved his hand dismissively, "it's not as if this information is the first thing that started popping up a good while ago if one took the time to visit the Osoro.co's main website..."

Sophia sighed loudly with a small groan, "Oh come on! Seong!" Her hands itched to grab his collar and shake him. "-Stop being a shady bitch and tell me already," she winced as she pressed a bit harder on the machine than intended.

The shady bastard in question only chuckled, "See Sera, and she works as a management in public relation–" Seong went silent the moment Sophia turned and fixed him with a glare.

"Well to put it simply," he quickly began in a new and indifferent tone, "the Annual event and Charity ball is a major event that practically everyone who's been here long enough should already know about. It's actually a two-in-one to be exact."

Sophia paused, "A two in one?"

"Well...A two-in-one could best describe it," Sera chipped in, flipping through the documents in her hands.

"Yes exactly," Seong snapped his fingers, "that's because it's actually two separate events in reality but people usually just refer to it as the Annual event and be done with it."

"Hell, I didn't even know it was two events until I went last year."

"Sera," Seong quipped, "Its called Annual Event and Charity Ball for a reason."

"I know that Einstein, it's just that...for normal people like us, even thinking of the charity ball or dreaming about attending there is out of the question, might as well forget the Charity ball also exists." Sera rolled her eyes

"Sounds like something out of a movie," Sophia chuckled, "what's so special about the ball, how can the Annual Event be any different?"

Sera stopped and looked up, her expression was flat as she caught Sophia's glare, "While the ball can be grouped in with an after party of some sorts... To put it bluntly, the 'Annual event' is where the poor folks mingle–"

She was immediately cut off my Seong who coughed loudly, "You don't have to say it like that."

Sera scoffed with a roll of her eyes, "I bet you were thinking the same thing, those fucking charity ball tickets are too goddamn expensive...even if the proceeds are being donated to various charities."

"-I for one," Seong was quick to butt in, "thinks it's a good incentive, the rich should definitely open up their purses more often," he proclaimed.

"But it bars people too," Sera pointed out, "I don't know about you but I wanted to go there...I'd love to see the rich prancing around in their habita-"

"Now why on earth would you want to go to a place where people will look at you funny simply cause you weren't born into a few millions? You'd willingly cosign into subhuman treatment?" Seong scoffed, tilting his head to the side.

Both Seong and Sera had apparantly forgotten their intention to educate Sophia and was close to a full on debate instead.

"Shut up Seong! It's not only that...Mr Osoro, the fucking CEO is there for so much longer, I heard," she pressed on unblinkingly, "I swear he only shows his face at the Annual Event for a second then fucking dissapears to attend that damn Charity Ball."

Sophia felt her eye twitch.

"You should be glad he even shows his face," Seong crossed his arms, "-that's the only time normal employees like us have a chance to see what he looks like, and your acting as if other higher members and elites from other countries or organizations doesn't also attend the Annual Event opening too."

Sera made a face, "Its not the same."

"Sure it is!" Seong rolled his eyes, "the Annual Event is just as popular and a lot more populated, who cares if those rich folks wanna go off to a separate event of their own at the end of it."

"Oh the horror," Sera huffed, "-must be so hard for them to share the same air with the less fortunate that they'd need some time to breathe in the clear wealthy air. Won't someone think of those poor wealthy people-"

"That's contradictory," Seong looked resigned. "I swear Sera if you wanna spend the day gawking at the CEO and chairman like his many fangirls just say that, you don't have to bring classism in it too–"

"Oh my God! Guys!" Sophia had finally had enough if hearing them bicker back and forth. Both froze and looked towards Sophia as if they'd forgotten her existence.

"Um..haah, Sorry," Seong scratched the back of his neck and Sera immediately pursed her lips and went back to her documents.

Sophia stared at both of them dimly which prompted Seong to quickly get back towards the main topic.

"As I said, The Annual event is a two in one kinda thing. Firstly, the Annual event itself is huge, lasts for 4 hours, usually goes on for more. It's mostly a networking party plus the Osoro.co conglomerate is centered."

"-People of the Osoro.co main branch are able to enter without paying but the fee to enter is pretty reasonable so it usually attracts a lot of people outside. The event got so huge that it had to be split among the different sectors. Ours is always PR but you can still walk around and make a few friends here and there. It's easy to get caught up in the festivities so best be wary though."

Seong explained the Entire event in one breath and Sophia immediately understood. Sophia however, still waited on the other explanation and when Seong saw that she was waiting, he glanced to Sera wearily before continuing.

"The Charity ball...as Sera said, Is something that normal members in this company shouldn't even turn their noses towards. I don't even know why I bother explaining but, rich people literally fight to get in simply because the Osoro's will sometimes come out in their numbers, I heard their's a limit to the number of admissions but I'm not sure really I'm only going off hear-say."

Hearing this, Sophia felt a cool chill run through her body. Elijah's family...

"I hear last year two Osoro siblings showed up and few other members of their family. People are still guessing who'll show up this time."

As she listened, Sophia found herself frowning. She knew the Osoro family were public figures but...Seong spoke as if these people were celebrities.

Could there be actual celebrities hailing from that family? Sophia didn't find the idea too outlandish, surely all of them couldn't be raving business moguls.

Noticing her gaze becoming strange, Seong coughed and moved on. Right now, because Sera was in the room and they stood out in the open. Seong explained as if she was any other worker who had no idea of these affairs. As if she was a stranger to Mr Elijah Osoro. Sophia never missed the hidden mischief in his eyes although she ignored it.

It was totally fine...not as if she'd been driven to work today by the same Cheif Executive that many spoke so high and excitedly about. The feeling, Sophia admitted, was a bit strange and small amounts of imposter syndrome slowly crept up her gut. She forced it down with a clear, unburdened smile.

"The..um Osoro family aside, the ball is also a good opportunity for networking, good for them to make some friends and share favors here and there, so I guess that's also why everyone would want to attend. Oh and the fee to enter is as expensive as expected, our monthly salary is like crumbs compared to it, I think only high executives in Osoro.co are able to enter without paying."

"It's such a shame," Sera spoke somberly and stepped forward, "I bet if I put my favorite red dress on and find some way to enter that ball I'd definitely snag myself a rich man."

"You definitely would," Seong humored her as she gathered her things and began walking away.

"Go die somewhere, respectfully." Sera quipped back immediately, picking up on his teasing undertones. 

Seong watched her leave then slowly a smirk crept up on his lips as his eyes slid back to Sophia. "Well...For normal employees like me to get into that place, I'd either have to find some hidden buried inheritance or probably sell my left nut or kidney."

"The latter is a lot more realistic though," Sophia pointed out.

"Oh, I'm aware," He laughed, "I could also get sponsored by one of those high executives and have a smooth entry too but unfortunately...I have no networks like that. Plus I happen to like my ass how it is, unused and unabused."

Sophia coughed lightly and chose to ignore his not too deeply hidden meaning.

She took all that information in and pondered on it for a good minute, "This Event is so huge, why only a week notice?"

"It's actually a months notice then another notice the closer it gets to the posted date but of course," he reached up to playfully tap the tip of her nose, "You had no clue about that either."

Sophia laughed, rubbing her nose and turning away from him. Her task had already completed its rounds. They soon began walking again, back towards the office to settle some of the remaining work within the short time remaining before lunchbreak.

As they walked, something soon occurred to Sophia, making her pause and Seong nearly walked into her back.

She turned to him, with an eyebrow raised, "I feel you're leaving something out though..."

He looked surprised but that surprise soon melted away, "Well...there indeed is another way to enter that Charity Ball...but I'm leaving that one for your..." he looked up and down the sparse hallway before whispering, "lover boy."

Sophia eyebrows shot up and almost went on a short journey through her hairline, "What do you mean?"

Seong motioned zipping up his lips, "Its classified information."

Sophia quickly felt the urge to start throttling him. "Tell me! And how on earth do you know this much?"

"Also classified-"

Sophia took a threatening step forward.

"-Kayla! But dont you go asking questions, I'll warn her!"

"What the...why Kayla?"

"Why not Kayla?" He shrugged, "-She attended the ball with her brother once but hated it because the people there were too stiff and she loved to party. I was always curious about that ball, Kayla only spilled the beans when we were on the phone recently."

Sophia listened and as she did, she began frowning, "When did this happen?"

"...After she found out her parents were forcing her to attend this one and wanted to vent a little..?"

Sophia's eyes went wide. Thse two...they were having their own separate conversations. Sophia suddenly felt excluded. "Are...are you two cheating on me?" Her free hand shot to her chest.

"Oh God No!" Seong gasped dramatically, "We figured back then that you were already busy with work and a certain...man. I thought you'd eventually find out about it and I'm not gonna lie...I am a bit surprised that it's only a week away and you're still not aware...I thought that," he coughed and looked around once more, "You'd be asked to go there already to be perfectly honest."

Sophia had to exhale a loud breath. "Well I wasn't," she huffed.

Not only that. Seong was perfectly logical and raised all of the right points but... Sophia suddenly had a dilemma.

She absolutely did not want to go to that place after hearing about it in such vivid detail.

Especially if Elijah himself asked her to accompany him. Just thinking about it had her nerves twitching out of control.

Plus wouldn't that be equivalent to them advertising themselves and their relations to the world? By the sudden sinking feeling in her chest alone, Sophia knew she was absolutely not ready.

Seong, completely ignorant of her internal woes and complications whistled and walked away, leaving Sophia in her thoughts.

Soon something else occurred to Sophia and she had to run to catch up with him.

"Um...Seong,"  She stared in a whisper, grabbing his arm and prompting him to whirl around.

"Yes? Sophia?"

"You don't think..." now Sophia was the one taking a 360 down and around the hallway. As another coworker rushed past them, Sophia had to immediately quiet her voice.

"Hmm?"

"You don't think that Ethan was referring to the Charity Ball do you?"

Seong immediately froze but it only lasted for a few seconds and he quickly brushed it off, "Theres no way, he'd go broke like the rest of us if he tried plus he's not a high executive so a charge free entry is out of the question."

"But it'd make sense wouldn't it?" Sophia was quick to give the remainder of her two cents.

"Hmm I guess...but the demand for those tickets are obscene! Let's just...let's just hope it's not." Seongs expression got sour then serious.

Both of them remained silent after this and the atmosphere surrounding them, if described by an outside party, dropped even more to the ambiguous side.

Neither of them cared though. Seongs mind was preoccupied and Sophia started to unknowingly become very wary if the man called Ethan.

Either they were overthinking, or there was something really strange in the way Ethan just offered her that invite with no prior reasoning, indication or warning.

It made Sophia restless.

♤♡♤

"You seem ..distracted."

Elijah's deep voice that was spoken softly next to her ear immediately drew Sophia out of her reverie.

She immediately looked up with a start then leaned back just to allow some space inbetween their bodies. Sophia's eyes met Elijah's cool dark ones only seconds later. Eyes that looked a bit concerned...for some reason.

Sophia looked down. She was being hugged to his chest, his warmth felt comfortable and even though this position was maybe a bit too intimate for her liking, she felt calm and unburdened as ever.

For reasons unknown, after she found her way (in secret) to Mr Osoro's office for their planned lunch, she was gathered up into his arms thereafter. Elijah, as if he sensed her discomfort acted as if he was only there to be her relief and for that she was thankful.

There was something else hidden in those dark depths of his eyes, Sophia didn't know what it was nor could she decipher it but he did hold her a bit tighter than before so she chalked it up to him being clingy as usual.

In the long lasting minutes of him just holding her in comfortable silence, this was the first he questioned her reason for being discontented.

"...What gave you that idea?" Sophia asked with a tilt of her head, shifting her self into a more comfortable seated position. That same seated position just so happened to be on the lap of a certain man but Sophia wasn't complaining.

Unusually it would been a risky feat to have herself like this, on top of the man that always looked at her as if he wanted to eat her whole but Elijah hadn't tried anything so far, Sophia felt she was safe for the time being.

"Well," he smiled and ran a comforting hand up her back, "-to put it simply, you barely ate, your face has been pinched into that cute little frown ever since you showed up here and you hardly protested against me holding you like this as you usually would.. considering the circumstances."

Elijah, after explaining, smiled a small smile that made Sophia go still in his arms.

Sophia sucked on her teeth and held his gaze for some seconds before looking away. Elijah was...astute as always.

"What's bothering you, Sophia?" He pressed on in the same soft and coaxing tone. He reached up to cup both sides of her cheek in his hand, drawing her closer, "I want you to tell me."

From his coaxing alone, Sophia almost sung like a parrot and the accursed name of...that man almost left her lips. Her entire body reacted to his one gesture and it was funny how Sophia wanted to sink into another deep rant.

Her workload, piss poor deadline, the man behind it, plus his absurd request for that business date...as he called it.

Sophia however, held back her words for two reasons plus a few more underlying ones she wouldn't think out loud.

One of those reasons was her own personal and work ethics that felt compelled to do whatever was handed to her to the best of her abilities and not whining and taking advantage of the situation, causing later backlash she was sure existed.

Another reason was...that damn event. Sophia didn't really know the extent of Elijah's pettiness and was absolutely not ready to find out. In fact, any man on earth would react strangely if they ever found out that someone came on to the person they were interested in.

Plus what if, God forbid, Elijah was already planning to ask her to be his date that day...

It was a disaster in the making and Sophia sensed it...even though she didn't know if Elijah was a jealous man at heart yet.

Elijah had long since drilled into her brain the extent of his interests and liking. She did not want to imagine what would happen if he heard another mans name slip from her lips followed by that context.

Sophia had to look away from his gaze that seemed to stare right into her soul, she lifted her hands to hold his. "Its unimportant," she spoke with a small shake of her head, "And now that you mention it...this is very inappropriate."

Sophia realized she already felt a lot better after being held by him and made a movement to remove herself from on top of him. It was all in vain though because Sophia was then brought right down to that same position as his hands left her cheek.

Of course, Sophia already knew this would happen but it didn't hurt to try would it.

She frowned at him hoping to steer the conversation from her slightly somber mood. "What happened to professionalism?" She spoke dryly, "By the time I'm ready to return to work in..." Sophia checked her watch, "-fifteen more minutes, my clothes will be a wrinkled mess."

"A few wrinkles won't hurt," was Elijah's quick reply.

"I bet you'd be singing another tune if I wrinkle that freshly ironed shirt and jacket of yours," Sophia teased back, leaning forward.

"You can wrinkle it all you want," He only laughed, cupping her cheeks once more and drawing her closer to him.

Sophia immediately realized what he intended to do seconds later and her eyes went wide, "Hey! You said you wouldn't‐"

Her voice melted off into nothingness as he kissed her. It was light and his lips were so...so soft, making her almost melt into his embrace. Sophia however, forced her eyes open and kept her mouth closed forcing him to pull away only seconds later.

"You're not being fair Sophia," He replied shortly after in a soft tone, "-you won't tell me what's bothering you and you won't let me kiss you either."

Sophia rolled her eyed, her fingers toying with the small buttons of his shirt, "I said its unimportant, and we both know how quickly things can escalate so refrain from...doing that. Try to remember where we are."

Elijah only plastered on an innocent expression with eyes that were anything but, "Things?"

Sophia snapped her mouth shut, pursing her lips. Why did she even bother with this man.

She later released a small sound of shock as his hands went around her waist, destroying all distance between them, he gathered her up in his arms and without waiting for her delayed input, he kissed her neck softly, just above her collar.

Sophia's mouth fell open, a breath of air leaving it. "S-Stop! You'll leave a mark ther–"

The breathy sounds and words died on Sophia's lips and she swallowed thickly as the man nibbled softly on her neck making her body go from tensed to soft and pliant in seconds.

It was as if during the last week, he had already memorized every inch and areas on her body, those specific areas that quickly made her entire body hot and needy. Her neck was one of these areas.

Sophia sat up, her hands that had fallen in between their bodies immediately grabbed onto the first thing it could reach and soon Sophia was holding on to him just the same.

"You...Aah-!" Sophia's voice got shaky as one of his hands ran down her waist, over her ass before gripping it even through the fabric of her skirt.

"By things, Sophia, were you referring to this?" He spoke against her skin and Sophia could almost hear that teasing smile in his tone.

"Y-yes!" Sophia bit out, as firm as she wanted her voice to sound. The reality proved to be a lot different in comparison.

"So, do you still want me to stop?"

Sophia almost bit down on her tongue as he bit her lightly in that same spot at the exact same time he spoke. She sighed heavily, her hands ran through his hair and she ended up gripping the hair on the back of his head and pulling his head back. "You're the one being unfair here!"

How can he tease he like this and ask a question like that at the same time! It disrupted her rationale, She almost wanted to tell him not to stop!

Elijah, the oscar winning actor, only 'looked' confused, "How so?" He replied innocently while his fingers still trailed formless shapes on her ass. Sophia feared goosebumps would spread on her skin.

"Just...! Control yourself!" Sophia huffed out, "After last week, you should be more than satisfied," Sophia muttered the last part but made it clear so he could hear every word.

Elijah's carefree expression didn't even twitch and he responded just as quickly, "I'm not satisfied, though."

Sophia once again had to immediately snap her mouth shut, staring with widening eyes. For some reason she kept underestimating his ability.

This fucking sex starved maniac!

"What..." she blinked.

"Why do you look so surprised?" He leaned forward, kissing her softly on her parted lips. He spoke against her lips after, "In my opinion, those days were too few."

Sophia saw the glint in his eyes and felt compelled to back away and do so quickly before the situation could really escalate.

By the look in his eyes, Sophia knew he wasn't above lifting and carrying her out of here himself into that oh so convenient living space connected to his office.

The thought was tempting, but the backlog of work sitting on both sides of Sophia's shoulders kept her body cold and her mind rational.

Elijah, as blunt as ever, stared straight into her eyes as he continued to speak, "When it comes to you, it seems as if I'll never be satisfied, do you want to know why?"

"Why...?"

"You're very special to me...Sophia."

Sophia felt felt a distinct fluttering in her chest. It seemed as if this would forever be a symptom that ails her whenever Elijah Osoro was in the picture.

"I..." She struggled to find the proper way to respond. Then had to look away as her face began heating up.

Fucking Elijah! She still wasn't used to his ability to say things like this without fear. His honesty was similar to how she felt to his clingyness. She like it but at the same time it could be...overwhelming.

She wasn't used to it...at all.

Elijah was the oddity. She was much more accustomed to men who hid their true feelings tooth and nail, only allowing enough that was needed to slip and leaving anything else with ambiguity and uncertainties.

It was almost as if...Elijah was the perfect man. Too perfect, in everything he did. Sophia couldn't help thinking she fell short...somewhere.

And Elijah didn't even stop there. She felt his hand under her chin and he tilted her head back, making her look at him once more.

"Sophia," he called her away from her millions of thoughts, "I like holding you like this, I like your smell and how you taste. When you glare at me like that, I only want to kiss you more and when you speak I can't get rid of the urge to fuck you until the only sounds leaving those pretty lips of yours are your moans and cries. How can I be satisfied when I'm always wanting more?"

Sophia froze up as his words that he spoke so softly yet firmly made its way into her ear, registering in her brain, her mouth fell open at the fact that the man even said all this without blinking or hesitating in between his words. A soft breath of air left her lips and a silent shiver went up her spine as a few seconds of silence reigned in between them, still..Elijah looked as if he wasn't quite done yet.

"And even more so," he cupped her cheeks with both hands, the tenderness in his eyes made Sophia's breath hitch at her throat, "I want to know more about you Sophia, your likes and dislikes, the things that make you tick, the thoughts behind those eyes, what makes you frown and smile...and I also want to feel you, your softness," his hands tightened around her ass, pulling her up and successfully riding the remainder of her skirt up her thighs.

His hand soon slipped underneath and what's worse (or better depending on the angle it was being looked at) Sophia could feel him underneath.

Hard, ridged, all male, pressed against her soft skin. Sophia gulped, her eyes fell down and her mouth went dry. Elijah's was making her mind reel and against her will, memories of the past week began floating around her mind.

...How on earth would she be able to go back to work in this state of mind?

Elijah was a man on a mission and his hand was stroking her skin down there, only needing to move a few more inches to reach the spot that needed him most.

"-I want to fuck you." He finished and Sophia knew he was 100% serious. Evidence of his desire was already pressed against her most sensitive area down there.

Sophia forgot the time and everything else. It was as if they were inside an enclosed space. Nothing else existed but both of them. She couldn't even curse at him for being so horny and virile, mostly because she felt the same..on most fronts.

Sex was one thing, but who was Elijah really? Sophia didn't truly know as there was an air of mystery around him. Sophia didn't hate the sex -absolutely not but...was she truly ready to take this deeper? Deeper than the surface level attraction that had brought them to this point?

Then as if what had happened between them was only a fleeting moment, Elijah released his hold on her and she almost collapsed into his chest, breathing heavily. "But I can wait, I'll respect your wishes, Sophia." He got up, which prompted her to do the same and even helped her fix her clothes into order.

Sophia found it hard to regain control of her body and self. She hadn't anticipated them sharing such a moment, on her lunch break.

"One day...Sooner rather than later, I'd love to also hear how you feel, Sophia. Whenever you're ready."

Sophia nodded dazely. It was so unexpected, Sophia found it hard to keep up and yet...there was something about those words and the way he said it that made her heart clench. Almost painfully.

It was a scary feeling and Sophia didn't know what to make of it. It was new, a short transient glimpse into a side of Elijah that Sophia found foriegn.

For a moment there, Sophia swore he sounded...unsure and vulnerable. It was the first time Sophia had ever caught such a glimpse of that character.

She was at a loss for words.

She quickly recovered, however, and grabbed onto his hands. Staring up at the one man that made her feel a wide range and plethora of emotions and feelings ever since the first time she saw and later met him.

Sophia realized she hadn't truly been as honest or blunt as he was. Did she ever give him a hint or anything, showing that she had also started feeling for him in that exact way?

Sophia was so used to bottling up everything inside, it had never occurred to her to simply let a few words slip.

"Elijah...I," She opened her mouth to speak but was harshly cut off by the sound of a loud ringtone. The sound was jarring, slicing through their small moment and dissipating the thick ambiguity in the air.

Sophia's words died on her tongue and she had no choice but to look over her shoulder.

It was her own phone that had interrupted them.

Sophia blinked then sighed, running a hand down her face. Allowing the annoying thing to ring as she checked her watch.

...She was...late.

Right, she had forgotten. This was only her lunch break. She still had work to get back to.

She only kept her phone close this time just in case. Seong had to be the one calling, just as she expected.

"I'm sorry but-," Sophia muttered almost inaudibly to Elijah but was quickly cut off before she could finish.

"Don't be...It's okay," he pulled her into his arms, hugging her and even pressed a soft kiss onto her forehead.

It made Sophia feel even more guilty. This man had been laying himself bare ever since the first day. What had she ever done to at least make him aware that his efforts had achieved something.

Actions were one thing but verbal confessions and reassurance were just as important.

He needed it from her just as much as she needed to hear it from him.

And it wasn't as if Sophia wasn't extremely curious about him and his life. It was just that the small fear she felt still rode on her back.

It was the leeching fear that their lanes were simply too far apart for anything deeper and making them intersect would push her into a situation she was absolutely not prepared for.

The sex was amazing but...Elijah made it known that it wasn't and wouldn't be enough. He was serious about their relationship, the fact that he was unsure if she was also serious was only because of her own oversight.

Sophia felt uneasy...and her phone had stopped ringing, only to start ringing all over again.

She cursed under her breath, hesitantly left Elijah's embrace and walked over to grab the annoying device. Sophia immediately answered without even checking the screen.

"Okay! I know I'm late Seong I'll be there in a few min–"

"Sophia?"

The voice that left her phone and entered her ears was vastly different from Seong's. In fact, it made Sophia's entire body go ridgedly stiff.

"Sophia are you there?"

"Mai?" Surprised could not describe the extent of how Sophia felt at the current moment.

"Big Sis, please come home."

The voice that left the phone was a bit muffled but Sophia did not miss the strange sound to it.

It sounded as if...Mai was or had been crying. Sophia's hand tightened around the phone and her face went blank, her voice went soft and calm. As she did so, she could even pick up faint screams in the background, as if someone else was crying at that current moment.

"Mai...what's going on? Why are you crying? Why should I come home?"

"We're alone," Mai whispered in response and Sophia felt her blood run cold.

Alone?!

"Where's Mom?"

"Mommy and daddy were fighting and throwing things then mommy left," Mai replied, "Then daddy left after mommy was gone...Mikah cut himself -It was an accident!"

Sophia couldn't believe her ears, her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach but she maintained her calm,"When did this happen? No, you know what...I'll be there just–" She sighed heavily to mask her shaking voice, "Keep your eyes on Mikah and the phone next to you, I'll be there."

As the line went dead, Sophia had already began moving, grabbing her bag and hurriedly walking. She hadn't even remembered that Elijah was in the same room until she felt someone grab onto her wrist.

"Sophia."

Sophia's mind was already clouded, she wasn't thinking. She immediately pulled her hand from his hold with wide eyes. Stepping away.

Elijah looked down onto his hand then onto her. It was as if her harsh rejection had surprised him.

Sophia was to caught up in her urgency to care. She cursed repeatedly in her head. Her mother rarely left the kids alone. Just what on earth had happened.

Fucking Jermiah-!

She needed to get home. She needed to do so fast.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, hands held on to her shoulders, drawing her into a standstill. Sophia was pulled out of her frenzy and as if the fog slowly began clearing, she came face to face with Elijah who was staring down at her, concern clouding his eyes.

"Calm down, Sophia, tell me what happened." Elijah spoke, his voice dragging her back to the present.

"I need to get home-!" Sophia replied, moving to twist out of his grip.

"You need to calm down first, you cant march out of here like this? How are you even going to-!"

"C-calm down!?" Sophia yelled out incredulously, "You want me to calm down? My sister and brother is alone! Mikah is hurt! Who knows what could happen to them!"

"Alone?" Something flashed through his eyes, an unreadable emotion that Sophia wasn't familiar with, "Its okay...Where are they, I'll take you."

Sophia shook her head vigorously, "Don't...bother yourself, I'll–"

"No, Sophia," he replied in turn, "This is exactly what I..." he trailed off with a sigh, running a hand through his hair, "why won't you rely on me."

"I-"

"Its okay to rely on me Sophia, I'm not letting you run out of here by yourself so tell me, where are they?"

His tone made Sophia jump, and unlike what she was used to, there was a certain hardness in his eyes that made her breath hitch.

Had he ever spoken to her like this before?

Sophia wasn't sure. She took deep breaths, focusing on calming herself down. After doing so she realised that he was right. Storming out like this would probably only put herself in danger.

"My Mom...she lives outside of the city."

• • •

Hi guys!

So so sorry for the delayed update but at least were finally here! Thank to everyone for reading and I reaally hope you enjoyed today's chapter ♡♡ I'd love to hear your thoughts♡

Remember to vote, comment and share this book in any way you can to get this book out there. I'm still so thankful to y'all for getting us past 100k reads♡

Anyway, I'll see y'all next chapter

Nessa~

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.3M 40.9K 39
18+ "BABY GIRL I'M NOT SURE I CAN GO ANY FURTHER WITHOUT FUCKING YOU SO HARD THAT YOU'LL SCREAM MY NAME" I feel heat run down to my core. Fuck i want...
His Obsession Ezra

Любовные романы

1.9K 57 13
"What do you say, bellissima?" "Stop calling me that, Arius." "Over my dead body, wife." ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚:˚ ♡ ⋆。˚・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Lucian West was in de...
Destined | 18+ rj7654

Любовные романы

815K 14.6K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...
Penthouse Suite (PUBLISHED) CXXILO

Любовные романы

4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...