πŽπ‘π€π‚π‹π„ β†’ 𝐒.πŒπ‚π‚π€π‹οΏ½...

By sbezuidenhout2468

❝an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.❞ . tw: suicide and, violence ... More

π–ˆπ–†π–˜π–™
π–Œπ–—π–†π–•π–π–Žπ–ˆπ–˜
π–™π–—π–†π–Žπ–‘π–Šπ–—
i. π—π–Ύπ—…π–Όπ—ˆπ—†π–Ύ π—π—ˆ π–»π–Ύπ–Ίπ–Όπ—ˆπ—‡ π—π—‚π—…π—…π—Œ
ii. π–Ώπ—‚π—‹π—Œπ— π–Ίπ–Όπ—Šπ—Žπ–Ίπ—‚π—‡π—π–Ίπ—‡π–Όπ–Ύ
iii. 𝗆𝖾𝗉𝗁𝗂𝗍𝗂𝖼 π—‹π–Ύπ—…π–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡π—Œ
iv. π—Žπ—‡π–Ύπ—‘π—‰π–Ύπ–Όπ—π–Ύπ–½ π–Ώπ—‹π—‚π–Ύπ—‡π–½π—Œπ—π—‚π—‰
v. π—Œπ—π—Žπ–½π—’ 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗋
vi. π–Όπ—ˆπ—†π—‰π—…π—‚π–Όπ–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡π—Œ
vii. π–Όπ—ˆπ—‚π—‡π–Όπ—‚π–½π–Ύπ—‡π–Όπ–Ύ
viii. π—Žπ—‡π–Ύπ—‘π—‰π–Ύπ–Όπ—π–Ύπ–½ π—†π—ˆπ—†π–Ύπ—‡π—π—Œ
ix. π—Œπ–Ύπ—‹π–Ύπ—‡π–½π—‚π—‰π—‚π—π—’
x. π—Œπ—π—Žπ–½π—’ π—Œπ–Ύπ—Œπ—Œπ—‚π—ˆπ—‡
xi. 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍-𝗍𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗋 π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π–Ώπ–Ύπ—‹π–Ύπ—‡π–Όπ–Ύ
xii. π–½π–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—ˆπ—‰π—‚π—‡π—€ π–Ώπ–Ύπ–Ύπ—…π—‚π—‡π—€π—Œ
xiii. 𝖻𝗅𝖺𝖼𝗄 π–Ίπ—†π–Ύπ—‹π—‚π–Όπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆ
xiv. π–Ίπ—†π–»π—‚π—€π—Žπ—ˆπ—Žπ—Œ
xv. π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—π–Ύπ—†π—‰π—π—†π–Ύπ—‡π—
xvi. π—Œπ—ˆπ—…π–Ίπ–Όπ–Ύ
xvii. π—Œπ—ˆπ—‹π—‹π—ˆπ—
xviii. π—‚π—‡π—‡π—ˆπ—π–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡
xix. π–½π–Ύπ—Œπ—‰π–Ίπ—‚π—‹
xx. π—‹π–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡
xxii. π—π—ˆπ—€π–Ύπ—π—π–Ύπ—‹
xxiii. 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

xxi. π–Ίπ—‰π—‰π—‹π–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‡π—Œπ—‚π—π–Ύ

419 21 1
By sbezuidenhout2468

              𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 in bed. It was now Thursday, the day before the formal dance, and Layla has not once left Thea's side. She had called into school to let them know of her situation and since she was already acing all her classes, they didn't mind that she missed a few days. Scott had finally left the day before, but he occasionally came to the hospital to bring her some food with Stiles while Starr, her best friend Starr, brought her clothes.

The latter had only heard the previous day about what had happened, and she rushed over. A high from her best friend is what she really needed at that moment. Scott was great support, but she needed Starr more. Thea did not want to see anyone, so Starr couldn't stay for long.

Layla was seated in the chair beside Thea's bed when the conversation of their parents came up. They had not called them, and it has already been three days. Layla wanted to, but Thea didn't want to. She wanted them to enjoy their time in San Francisco. When they return on Sunday, they'll tell them everything.

“We have to. I'm a minor.”

“I'm an adult.”

“An adult who had wanted to take her life. The doctors would rather our parents be here before you're discharged in a week,” Layla tells her before mumbling a soft 'sorry'. It wasn't that she couldn't speak of it, she just felt uncomfortable saying it.
She didn't want it to be like a trigger word for Thea.

“Mom and dad don't have to know about this. We can lie and say I was in a car crash,” Thea jokes.

“Thea, you and I both know we have to. This isn't a game, what you did was serious.”

“Yes, but you know how mom will react. She will feel bad that she as a psychiatrist didn't notice the signs, and then she will recommend me a therapist, and you know how that goes.”

Layla sighs. She didn't want to say this. “But you do need one.”

“Why?”

“Thea, Mark physically and emotionally abused you. He manipulated you for years. Don't you think talking to someone would be better?” Layla asks her.

“I can talk to you.”

“I'm not a psychologist and I know better than anyone that talking to a psychologist actually helps,” Layla says and Thea sighs. “We're different, Layla. You went to because of your dreams, what happened to me, is reality.”

“Which is why you should. Just think it over. If you don't want to, I'll fully support you.” Thea smiles gratefully at her sister.

“But you will have to, dear sister.”

“Fine. You can tell our parents everything after the formal tomorrow night,” Thea says as she sits up, wincing as she moves her leg a bit.

“Why tomorrow night?”

“Aren't you going to the dance?”

“No. I'm staying right where I am,” Layla tells her, which made Thea roll her eyes.
There's a knock on the door and the two look towards the door. The door opens, and nurse McCall enters with the Sheriff behind her. It was Stiles' dad.

“Thea, the Sheriff, is here to take your statement.”

Thea looks at Layla, giving her an accusing look. She didn't tell the cops about Mark, but she actually hoped we did.

“Miss Paxton, do you perhaps know who had done this to you?” Noah asks the young lady. Layla looks at her sister. She wanted her to tell him it was Mark. He may already be out of town already, but at least then there will be a warrant out for his arrest.

“Uh, no, sorry. . .”

“Don't lie, tell him the truth. Don't go protecting that bastard.” Noah looks at the youngest before looking at Melissa.

“It was her ex-boyfriend Mark. He had been physically abusing her for months knowing that she is expecting, and he has been stalking me for years now. I would show you the evidence, but unfortunately, I don't have his phone,” Layla blurts out everything she knows that could get Mark in prison.

“Unfortunately, I cannot do much about the alleged stalking since I do not have evidence, but I promise you we will find me and he will stay behind bars,” Noah says looking at the girl. “I hope you do catch him, sheriff.”

Stilinski left after a few more questions, and Thea immediately turned to her sister. “Why would you just tell him that?”

“I told him because I want Mark behind bars. What he did is unforgivable, and don't you dare think of ever forgiving that bastard.”

“I would never, again, forgive him.”

▷▷▷

Layla lets out a breath as she leans her head back, her eyes closed. She had come outside for some fresh air. She knew she would only be able to leave the hospital after a week. The last time she had been in a hospital for more than a week was when Thea had gotten into the car accident when she was 14. She didn't remember how exactly it happened, but all she can remember was that Thea had been kept a year behind because of that accident.

She thought after that she wouldn't see a hospital again. But then, in middle school, Layla had been rushed to the hospital after she had tried taking her life.

The girl couldn't help but laugh at the irony of this. The two sisters who didn't want to live in this world. The two sisters who attempted to take their lives. She didn't think Thea would ever do this, and honestly, she didn't think she would either.

“Layla.”

The redhead opens her eyes, and she's met with a smiling Scott. The girl smiles back at him, happy to see his face. “Hey.”

He sits down beside her. “How is Thea?”

“She's doing okay. She is almost back to her usual self,” Layla tells him. He smiles, nodding, “That's good.”

Layla stretches her arms out. “I brought you some food. You probably were unable to go to any shop, so I brought you some food,” he says. Layla smiles, taking the bag from him. She opens it to see the burger and fries.

She immediately digs into the fries.
“Thank you so much for this.”

He just smiles at her. He looks over to the parking lot before deciding to just ask. “I heard Sheriff Stilinski was here.”

Layla stops eating and she nods. “Yeah, he wanted a statement from Thea about what happened. I hope they find that piece of shit and put him behind bars,” Layla grumbles.

“Do you know who did it to her?”

“It was her ex-boyfriend, Mark. That sick bastard had been doing it to her for months now. I swear when I find him, I'll castrate his ass,” Layla says. She's pretty sure she wouldn't go anywhere near him now that she knows what kind of person he really is. She'll make sure to put a good 3 miles between the two of them.

Layla didn't tell Scott about him being a stalker who's been obsessed with her for years. She didn't want to believe it because it doesn't seem real.

“If you do find him, make sure to call me. I'll help you,” Scott says. Layla looks at the boy with a smile.

“I'll definitely call you.”
Scott stares at the girl with a small smile. Layla had a beautiful smile and after seeing the empty and heartbroken look in her eyes and fake smile that never quite reached her eyes that she gave him, he started to appreciated her smile more now than ever. He hopes that she'll keep it.

“Are you going to the formal tomorrow night?”

“No, I can't. Coach forbade me because of mu grades,” Scott informs the girl. Layla closes her eyes, sighing. “Scott, I. .”

“No, it's not your fault at all. And anyway, my grades have always been bad. I just need to work a little harder now. I'll make sure to work extra hard so when we resume our sessions, I'll know more about the chapters,” Scott tells the girl. After all his problems are resolved after, he'll promise to focus more on his studies. He doesn't want to disappoint his mom and Layla again.

“Okay then. I look forward to it then.”

The honking of the horn made the two look up to see Stiles in his jeep. Starr, who is in the front seat, steps out, and she, runs over to them.
“Looks like that's my cue to go now,” Scott says.

“My dear friend!”

“Starr!”

Starr stops in front of them and her eyes falls on Scott. “Hey Scotty, shouldn't you be leaving now?” the curly haired girl asks him. He rolls his eyes and stands up. “Yeah, yeah, okay.”

He turns to Layla, “I'll see you later then.”
He gives Layla a lingering look before walking over to the Jeep, and the look didn't go unnoticed by Starr at all.

The girl sits down beside Layla. Starr waits until the boys drive off before she turns to Layla. “What exactly was that?”

“What was what?”

“That look you two just gave each other.” Layla rolls her eyes. “It was a look.”

“I noticed the lingering look. . .so, you do actually like him?” Starr questions, a huge smile on her lips. Layla didn't answer her, which just confirmed her suspicions. Layla liked Scott and there might be a chance he likes her as well.
Starr knew Scott loved Allison, so if there is a chance he liked Layla, it was a very small chance.

“Oh, how long had it been? Was it that time you told me about what Thea told you?”

Layla decides to just eat her fries since even if she answered Starr, she'd still make her own conclusions and most of her conclusions are actually correct.
“At that time, Scott and Allison were dating, so I was afraid you'd get your heartbroken if you actually liked him but now. . .”

“But now, nothing. Scott still likes Allison, and they'll get back together before we know it.” Layla had already come to terms with that. She believed she'll get over this crush if she comes to terms with the fact that his heart belonged to someone else. It's better to move on then actually hope or think anything would happen.

“What makes you think that?”

Layla raises her brow and Starr sighs. “And anyway, it's not like. . .oh no.”

This is bad. No, it's terrible.

Layla stands up, putting the paper bag down. Her heart's pace had suddenly picked up. She didn't think they'd be back so soon. The two runs towards Layla and the girl didn't know what to do.

“Honey!” Nina immediately embraces her daughter, hugging her tightly. She pulls away, cupping her daughter's face. Thomas kisses her temple.

“What happened? Where is your sister?”

“What are you guys doing here? You're supposed to be back on Sunday.”

“We got a call from one of the doctors telling us our daughter was in the hospital. We immediately rushed over here. Why didn't you inform us?” Thomas tells his daughter. Layla wanted to call them, but Thea didn't want to. Thea hasn't prepared herself yet, so this will be a shock for her.

“Mom, dad. . .” Layla looks at Starr, and the two adults look over at her. They both give Starr a smile before they turn to the entrance of the hospital.

“Where is Thea? I need to see her.”

They make their way to the entrance. Wide-eyed, Layla looks at Starr and the girl just shrugs. Layla grabs the paper bag and hands it to Starr. “Don't eat my burger.”
She runs, following her parents inside.

They make their way to the front desk. “We are Althea Paxton's parents. Which room is she in?” Thomas asks Melissa. The woman looks at Layla, who is shaking her head.

“She is in room 18, but she is currently resting,” Melissa tells them. “We need to see our daughter.”

They tried to walk past, but Melissa immediately stops them. “Mr. and Mrs Paxton, your daughter has to rest, so she can't have any visitors. You will get to see her when she is awake again,” Melissa tells them.

“We drove seven hours, and you're telling me I can't see my daughter now!” Nina asks, raising her voice.
“I know how you feel. . .”

“No, you don't! I got a call that one of my daughters was in the hospital, and I was hours away from them. Do you have any idea how I felt?” Nina asks, her voice cracking. Layla bites her lip. This is what Thea wanted to avoid. Their mother will start to feel guilty for not being here.

“Mrs Paxton—”

“I just want to see my girl. I want to make sure she is okay. I need to see her, please,” Nina cries out. Melissa sighs and she nods.

“All right. I'll take you to her room.”

Melissa leads them to Thea's room and Layla follows behind them.
Melissa reaches the door, and she looks inside to see that the girl was still asleep. She opens the door and they enter.

Nina gasps when she sees her daughter. Her leg was in a cast and her face, her face, was bruised up. She nears Thea's bed and that's when she broke down. Tears were falling down her face, which just broke Layla's heart.

“My baby girl. . .what, what happened to you?”

Melissa leaves the room, leaving them inside. Thomas turns to Layla. “What had happened?” he asks his daughter, who was fidgeting with her fingers.

“Layla?”

The redhead looks at her father. She didn't want to tell him that she tried to take her life because she didn't want to see that heartbroken look on his face again when Thea had told him about what she tried to do years ago.

“Layla. . .”

Layla bursts into tears and the man walks over to her and pulls her into his embrace, which just made her sob. “I'm sorry. . . I should've taken care of her.”

“Sweetheart, it's okay.”

“No, it's not. I. . . I don't want you to feel like you failed us, I don't want you to think what you've done for us, isn't enough, dad,” Layla says crying into her father's chest.

“Layla, what is going on? What happened?”

She looks up, her cheeks tear stained. “Thea, she. . .she tried to take her. . .” she didn't have to finish the sentence because they knew. Thomas looks over at his daughter and then there she saw the look.

The look of disappointment. He was disappointed in himself. She knew what he was thinking. He was disappointed that he couldn't keep her from this.

“Dad. . .you. . .”

Thomas looks back at Layla, tears in his eyes, and she hugs him. She needed to hug him. Thomas body shook just before he burst into tears.  Hearing her father crying was the worst thing ever. She wanted to take the heart ache away, she didn't want this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
99.5K 1.5K 49
"I was dying inside and nobody but you noticed, and for that reason, I'll always love you." {DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEF...
251K 6.1K 50
( π’π€ππ‘πˆππ€ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄 π–πˆπ“π‚π‡Β² ) Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under it. Β©salemshouse derek hale
95.1K 1.7K 26
[season five A and season five B] ❝When one door is closed; another one opens.❞ Amazing cover done by; @its-Harper-Williams literally the best cover...