The Time Traveler's Wife (Boo...

By AdriWrites16

"Cute husband you have. Always cares about his family," The Handler says as she puts on her sunglasses. "Why... More

Introduction
Meet the siblings! (Season 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Book 2!!
My Imagine book!
Book 3!

Why Vanya stopped talking to Y/n.

5.6K 119 120
By AdriWrites16

Hi! It's been a hot minute lol. So there are two questions I get asked a lot when it comes to The Time Traveler's Wife series.

1. Why can't Five Hargreeves be real?

I wish I had an answer for that, but I don't. Don't worry, I wish he was real too lol. We can all just dream...

2. Why did Vanya stop talking to Y/n?

So a long time ago I promised to write a chapter on why Vanya stopped talking to Y/n. Well, here it is! I apologize for it taking this long, I kinda forget that I was supposed to write this lol. There are going to be three POVs in this chapter. One being Vanya's, one being Y/n's , and the last one being Reginald's. Also, in case you don't remember, Y/n and Vanya were 8 years old when all this happened. Alrighty, let's get this started.

Vanya's POV:

I stand next to Dad as I watch all my siblings complete their training before we go to bed. I write down everyone's name in the notebook Dad gave me as they stop running and stand in front of us.

"Number Seven. Read off who came in first to who came in last." Dad tells me.

"Luth-," I began to say, but dad interrupts me.

"Number Seven," Dad warns. I roll my eyes as I look down at the notebook.

"Number one came in first followed by Number two, then Number Eight, then Number Five-."

"HA! I beat you once again. That's like what? The 3rd time," Y/n cheers.

"That's not fair! You cheated! You rebooted me," Five says.

"That's not true! I adapted. Right Dad," Y/n asks as she turns to Dad.

"Number Eight, do not interrupt again or no free time for you on Saturday," Dad says.

Y/n rolls her eyes as Dad gives me a nod telling me to go on.

"Number Five was followed by Number Three, then Number Six, and finally, Number Four."

"Number Three, Number Six, Number Four, tomorrow morning you three will be running laps again. I can not have you falling behind! Understand," Dad asks.

"Yes sir," all three of them say.

We then hear the training room door open. We all turn around to see Mom standing by the door with her usual smile.

"Come on kids! It's time for bed."

We all nod our heads as Dad turns towards us.

"You are dismissed. I expect you all in bed in 20 minutes."

We all nod our heads as we exit the training room. As I was walking down the hallway I hear my name being called.

"Vanya! Vanya, wait for us!"

I stop walking as Five and Y/n run towards me. When Y/n reaches me she wraps one arm around my shoulder and the other around Five's. I smile as we walk towards the staircase that leads up to our rooms.

"So, you know that ugly painting that was hanging in the hallway that leads to one of the master bedrooms. The one that went missing," Y/n asks.

"Yeah...," I say in a suspicious voice.

"That thing always scared me. Especially at night. I swear I have seen its eyes move once or twice," Five says.

Y/n smacks the back of Five's head and he winces in pain.

"It's a picture, you idiot. Its eyes can't move. Anyways... I may or may not know what happened to it."

"What?! What happened to it," I ask.

Y/n smiles and stops walking. Five and I turn around and watch as Y/n looks around suspiciously.

"Well... Klaus and I stole it. It's hiding under my bed."

"Are you serious," I ask.

"Heck yeah! That's my girl," Five says as he gives Y/n a fistbump.

"Well here is where the fun part comes in. Last night, Klaus and I snuck out to the gas station across the street. We bought some marshmallows and while I distracted the cashier, Klaus filled up an old milk jug with gasoline. We plan on burning the picture tonight in the backyard when dad is asleep and roast some marshmallows. You two down," Y/n asks.

"Duh," Five says with a smile.

He wraps his arm around Y/n's neck in a loose chokehold and ruffles her hair. My smile drops a little as I watch them, but I try not to let it show. Despite Y/n being my best friend, I've always been a little jealous of her. Okay, not a little, really jealous. But it never really hit how jealous I was until a few weeks ago. I started to notice how everybody loves and wants to hang out with her. She has cool powers and even tho I am best friends with Five and Y/n, they have a bond with each other that I will never have with anybody. Not even with them.

Boys always have a crush on her (one of those boys being Five) and never me. It's not that I have a crush on Five and I'm jealous of Y/n because he likes her and not me. It's because no one likes me the way Five likes Y/n. But, she and Five are my only friends and I don't want to lose them. So, I try to keep my jealousy to myself as best as I can.

"You down Vanya," Y/n asks with a smile.

"Um, I don't know. I'm pretty tired and I don't feel good," I lie.

"Are you okay? You got quiet all of a sudden," Five says.

"Yeah... yeah, I'm fine. As I said, I don't feel good. I think I just need some rest."

"Oh, okay. Well if you change your mind let me know! I would love for you to join us," Y/n says. I give her a small smile as I nod my head.

"Goodnight V."

"Night Vanya."

I wave bye to Y/n and Five as they run up the rest of the stairs towards their bedrooms.

Next Morning

Y/n's POV:

Five and I rub our eyes tiredly as we head to Vanya's room before breakfast. Last night didn't really go as planned. It was all fun and games until Klaus accidentally put too much gasoline in the fire and it caused a bush to catch on fire. It took us 30 minutes to get the fire out because we had to run into the house and keep filling up a bucket with water while trying not to wake Dad or Pogo up. By the time we got the fire completely out it was 1 in the morning. When we reach Vanya's door we knock on it and wait. A few seconds later she opens the door.

"Morning V," Five and I say at the same time.

"Morning," she tells us with a smile.

"You feel better today," I ask.

"Huh," Vanya asks with a confused look.

"Last night you said you didn't feel good. Do you feel better today?"

"Oh, yeah. I feel fine now. Thanks."

We then hear mom's bell ringing downstairs telling us it's time for breakfast.

"Come on, let's go downstairs. I think Mom is making pancakes today," Five says.

Vanya closes her room door and we all start walking downstairs.

"I wish you could train with us V," I say.

"Yeah, me too," Five agrees.

"Yeah, well, I don't have powers like you all."

"So what? Dad could still let you train with us," Five says.

"Do you think if I ask him again today he will finally cave in," I ask.

"I doubt it. As long as I'm ordinary Dad will never let me train with you guys."

We all just stay quiet until we get downstairs to the dining room. When we reach the dining room I see that everyone is there except Dad. I stand behind my usual chair in between Five and Vanya. Everyone looks at each other in silence as we wait for Dad and listen to the same boring lesson playing on the record player. A few seconds later we hear dad entering the dining room. He stands behind his chair and looks at all of us.

"Sit," he says.

We all pull out our chairs and sit in our seats. I smile as I look down at the breakfast mom made. She made smiley face pancakes, a hard-boiled egg, and bacon. The pancakes had two cherries as eyes, blueberries making the smile, and syrup as hair. As I was about to take a bite of my food Five kicks my foot under the table. I look at him and he quickly taps his head so Dad doesn't see.

"What," I ask telepathically.

"Trade you your egg for my bacon," Five says.

I think about it for a minute and nod my head. When Dad wasn't looking Five takes my egg off of my plate and replaces it with his bacon. I smile as I grab a piece of bacon and take a bite of it. I look at Vanya and see she is smiling at Five and me. My mind immediately goes back to the conversation we had on our way to breakfast. I look at Dad and then back at Vanya. Asking one more time won't hurt...right?

"Dad," I say. Everyone looks up at me except Dad.

"Number Eight, you know the rules during meal times. No talking," Dad says while looking at his food.

"I know. It's just...why can't Vanya train with us," I ask.

"We have been over this multiple times. There is nothing special about Number Seven."

I can see Vanya wince at Dad's harsh words from the corner of my eye. I grab her hand under the table and give it a small squeeze.

"I know, but we are doing fighting training today. We won't be using our powers. So she should be allowed to train with us! At least just for today. She could be really good at fighting and you wouldn't even know."

"Number Eight, we have this discussion every day and I am getting sick of it. My final answer is no. There is nothing special about Number Seven and there never will be! Now, unless you want to be punished I advise you to stop talking," Dad says.

He slams his utensils on the table, causing all of us to jump. Five grabs my hand under the table and gives it a small squeeze, telling me I should stop taking. I look at Vanya and see a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry V. He's just a mean person. You will always be special to me," I tell her telepathically.

She looks up at me and gives me a small smile.

Later that night

Reginald's POV:

Number Eight will not quit asking me to let Number Seven join everyone in training. It is now turning into a daily occurrence. I am starting to think Number Seven is becoming a distraction to Number Eight. They are always trying to talk to each other during training and I can not have that. This needs to be stopped. But how?

I watch through the security cameras as all the kids get ready for bed. As I was about to turn off the cameras a voice caught my attention. I look at one of the camera screens to see Number Three and Number Two arguing over something in the dining room.

"I want it," Number Two says.

"I got here first," Number Three argues.

"So what?!"

Number Three crosses her arms and rolls her eyes.

"I heard a rumor, you gave me the last cookie."

A few seconds later Number Two hands her the cookie. A thought comes to my head as I watch Number Three on the camera walk to her room. I get up and walk to Number Three's room. When I get to her room I stand behind the door and call for her. A few seconds later she opens the door.

"Yes," she asks.

"Come with me," I say.

"Where are we going," she asks as we walk down the hall.

I don't answer her. When we reach my office I sit in my chair as she stands in front of my desk.

"I have a task for you," I say.

"Okay...what is it?"

"I need you to rumor Number Seven to ignore Number Eight. Number Seven is becoming a distraction and I can not have that. Their friendship must come to an end."

"Wha- no! Do you know how mad Y/n will be?! I'm sorry but I don't want to do this. It will ruin their friendship!"

"Number Eight isn't going to know. If you tell anyone there will be punishments. And if you refuse to do this there will also be punishments. Do you understand?"

"Please don't make me do this. I don't want to ruin their friendship," Number Three begs.

"Go get Number Seven and bring her in here," I say.

Number Three closes her eyes and nods her head. She turns around and walks out of my office. A few minutes later she comes in with Number Seven.

"You wanted to see me," she asks.

"Have a seat," I say.

She sits in the chair infront of my desk and I look at Number Three.

"You know what to do," I say.

"Dad, please, I don't want to," Number Three cries.

"Do what," Number Seven asks.

"Get on with it Number Three! It's getting late," I tell her.

She walks over to Number Seven and stands infront of her.

"What are you doing," Number Seven asks.

"I'm sorry V..."

Number Seven looks at me and then back at Number Three.

"I heard a rumor... that you started ignoring Y/n."

Number Seven's eyes glow white for a few seconds before they turn back to normal. Number Three turns around and looks at me.

"There, I did it," she says.

"You two are dismissed."

I watch as the two girls get up and walk out of my office. I look on the cameras as they walk towards their bedrooms. As Number Seven walks down one of the hallways she bumps into Number Eight.

"Hey V, wait up!"

Number Eight jogs down the hall towards Number Seven.

"Five and I are going to do some reading in the library before bed. Wanna join us?"

Number Seven doesn't respond as she keeps walking down the hall towards her room. Number Eight frowns as she wraps her arm around Number Seven's shoulder.

"Hey are you okay, V," she asks.

Number Seven simply removes Number Eight's hand from her shoulder as she opens her bedroom door.

"Hey! V, wait."

Number Eight grabs her arm before she can step in her room, but Number Seven removes her arm from Number Eight's grasp before closing the door in her face without saying a word. A small smile comes to my face. Good... it worked.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I hope it answered some of your questions! Love y'all ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 5.1K 34
This is book two of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season two of The Umbrella Academy. Five Hargreeves and Y/n Hargreeves (aka Eight) wer...
150K 3.7K 39
This is book three of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season three of The Umbrella Academy. Five Hargreeves and Y/n Hargreeves (aka Eight)...
3.1K 72 25
"No matter what happens, we will always be partners in crime" Sequel to Partners in crime. Second book of Jane's and Five's journey. IMPORTANT NOTE:...
3.9K 36 22
SEASON 3 Book 3 . . . " Valentina, I just want... I just want to say that I-" five was about to say something but was cut off by a warm embraced. His...